Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1083849 times)

Mrben

Re: [Release] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.4
« Reply #975 on: 2011-05-25 23:29:57 »
Well i just completed the first reactor..and i can safely say thats the first time i have had to use jenova to kill the gaurd scorpion...had to give myself an extra 10 potions and 3 phoenix downs and i STILL ran out of potions. With barret dead and GS about to use search scope on Cloud i thought i was dead for sure luckely a final thunder finished him off.I like the 1 turn stop effect the GS gives with search scope great work on this mod it's about the difficulty the game should have been released with (Maybee a little harder)
Just one question is the download link on the first page the latest DL available? i didnt fancy looking through almost 1000 posts to find a newer version

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 2011-05-25 23:30:56 »
Yes it is.

Mrben

« Reply #977 on: 2011-05-25 23:38:37 »
Yes it is.
Great thanks oh btw how is that AV mod u took over from armorville going? If you have a thread about is a link would be great.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 2011-05-25 23:42:40 »
No link for now. This project (unfortunatly) is stuck in limbo because of some personnal issues. If you want, search the Projects forum for the AV Mod, which Armorvil made at 65% (the remaining 35% is Square's doing :P ). I *could* release some pre-final release, but... I have to go into it again. Maybe I'll do... Dunno.

(Please PM me if you want to continue that conversation)

Mrben

« Reply #979 on: 2011-05-26 00:02:19 »
i think im getting some overlapping with this mod and AV mod i patched this hardcore over AV'S and can still buy a mithril saber and many materia for like 10-20 gil in the shop across from 7th heaven bar.i even tryed re patching with a new data folder that didnt have the AV mod on it..think i need a fresh install?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 2011-05-26 00:03:17 »
No, you need to replace the executable.

Mrben

« Reply #981 on: 2011-05-26 00:04:13 »
duh....silly me completly forgot about that.. thanks

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #982 on: 2011-05-26 01:45:27 »
Hey, first of all I would like to thank the creator of the mod for publishing it.
Now, my favorite enemy in the entire hack is the Synergy Soul from the Whirlwind Maze. Yet, I found their strength quite unproportional to the rewards for defeating them.
So, I altered both their AI and their spoils. Here is what I made of the fight (I could not resist to use more parts of the One Winged Angel lyrics than were originally used in this battle):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uEuqSPruWE

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #983 on: 2011-05-27 10:49:35 »
@NxK

nice. They can be a pain in the ass. Immune to magic, extreme defense. But there is a very easy way of beating 'em if your character has lost more than, or equal to, 1000hp (example: 999/2000 hp). hmmm... ??? <= enemy skill

Just one question is the download link on the first page the latest DL available? i didnt fancy looking through almost 1000 posts to find a newer version

Yup, the newest release is always on the 1st post on page 1.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #984 on: 2011-05-27 12:39:43 »
@NxK

nice. They can be a pain in the ass. Immune to magic, extreme defense. But there is a very easy way of beating 'em if your character has lost more than, or equal to, 1000hp (example: 999/2000 hp). hmmm... ??? <= enemy skill

Yup, the newest release is always on the 1st post on page 1.

I know...^^ But I could not resist to make them morphable into something more elusive than the Dragon Fang in the original game, either...
Still, I wonder: In your version I edited (I believe I must have downloaded it sometime in February), the Synergy Souls could execute their Post-Attack script even if they were already dead. Did you actually intend for this to happen since it renders the battle against one Synergy Soul and two other enemies (an Ironite and something else I cannot remember) nearly impossible to survive given the fact that the Synergy Soul will already kill a character either every turn or every other turn its allies attack one's characters?

(Btw, I hope you did not take offense at my rather audacious comment at Youtube...)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #985 on: 2011-05-27 13:28:01 »
I know...^^ But I could not resist to make them morphable into something more elusive than the Dragon Fang in the original game, either...
Still, I wonder: In your version I edited (I believe I must have downloaded it sometime in February), the Synergy Souls could execute their Post-Attack script even if they were already dead. Did you actually intend for this to happen since it renders the battle against one Synergy Soul and two other enemies (an Ironite and something else I cannot remember) nearly impossible to survive given the fact that the Synergy Soul will already kill a character either every turn or every other turn its allies attack one's characters?

(Btw, I hope you did not take offense at my rather audacious comment at Youtube...)

Yeah, it was a bug I somehow managed to overlook. :P
I think it works better now, as they won't act every turn. They'll actually counter attack you by making you attack yourself too.

None offense taken.  8)

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #986 on: 2011-05-27 14:37:24 »
That is funny.
In fact, I edited them insofar as one of their "attacks" afflicts a party member with Shield and Confuse (Stat defense ignoring), heals to full HP and raises dexterity to 255 and attack to 510 (Cloud was hit by that attack quite early and Barret finally lost the battle due to this attack). I am afraid that in this case it is close to suicidal to attempt to fight them...
Also, I wanted to use a powered-up version of these enemies in the cave of the Ancient Forest. However, as it turned out they could not be made to use summon attacks without crashing the game, I had to drop that idea. I thought of making them similar to that Conjurer you created for the area around Kalm.

Have you actually come across some of the later videos of veteran0121, the guy who published a LP of your hardcore mod? He was not too fond of your post-game changes...;) (To me he seemed to be exaggerating quite a bit.)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #987 on: 2011-05-27 16:42:10 »
lol no, I haven't seen it yet. I'll take a look. I reckon I've pissed off a lot of people with this mod  ;D
He is probably using 1.0.2.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #988 on: 2011-05-27 17:20:23 »
I reckon I've pissed off a lot of people with this mod  ;D

That's the more polite way to phrase it... :wink:

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #989 on: 2011-05-27 19:38:49 »
Actually he uses the remix version (1.0.1). Too bad, there are inconsistencies there.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #990 on: 2011-05-28 06:31:39 »
What kind of inconsistencies? But still, even if there are some inconsistencies, it seems to me that he is not exactly emotionally stable or too mature... :roll:

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #991 on: 2011-05-28 13:35:32 »
Well... several. Both in renaming stuff and game flow.

I think he eventually patched to 1.0.3 at some point 'cause the 3rd SOLDER fight glitch is on.

Damn, he cheats at the end and still doesn't manage to beat seph. I guess he is a bit too hard lol.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 2011-05-28 13:36:58 »
I cheat to beat the weapons and am owned too... Nothing is too hard, just unbalanced.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #993 on: 2011-05-28 14:32:03 »
Oh, well, some months ago I used your mod for the first time and was shocked by the changes but the only thing I regarded as absolutely inappropriately hard were the hedgehog pies in the church in the slums... Omega was severely overpowered (I loathed Iai Strike(!)) but other than that, nothing was out of the wordly realms in terms of beatableness. In fact, I decided to make the Weapons morphable as well (I am a devoted enthusiast of morphing...).
Now, that I have decided to use your latest version of the mod I sometimes wondered whether is was using your hardcore mod or the original version...^^ Of course, Omega is now much more comfortable to beat (In fact, so much to make his 2nd form morphable as well). But Safer Sephiroth, whom I have recently defeated again (I will probably upload a video of that fight) did not cause too much problems. I only wish he had used his visually very pleasing "Pain" move more often...;)
« Last Edit: 2011-05-28 14:34:12 by NxK »

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: 2011-05-29 02:59:52 »
Damn, just got a crash in the Shinra building on the 67th floor when getting into a random battle. I just got there, and this is my second battle so I can tell you, it was not the 2 shinra MPs + Soldier fight that caused it.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-31 21:15:54 by BloodShot »

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 2011-06-07 15:20:49 »
Well... several. Both in renaming stuff and game flow.

I think he eventually patched to 1.0.3 at some point 'cause the 3rd SOLDER fight glitch is on.

Damn, he cheats at the end and still doesn't manage to beat seph. I guess he is a bit too hard lol.

To be honest I think that he over-exaggerates a bit.  I am wondering how many strategies he really tried?  I know that I was able to get decent damage with physical attacks and some magics but it takes some materia tweaking and testing.  Of course the last time I played the mod it was an earlier version(1.0.1 probably).  I can tell that safer's AI was a bit different but he seems to do about the same amount of damage. 

I do have a question about the Bizarro Sephiroth battle...I see in the video he was fighting with 3 parties but if I remember (It was long ago) I think I just fought with one party on your mod.  Did you tweak the requirements for the multiple/single party battle, or is this even possible?  Also he gets HP boots depending on party level and if you use KotR on Jenova, are these the same small boosts or are they scaled higher based on the difficulty of the mod?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #996 on: 2011-06-08 00:16:32 »
@Auraplatonic

Their HP values are calculated the same way, only the values are higher. I did not tweak how many bizz battles you must fight at all. Basically if you're "weak" you fight with one party.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 2011-07-04 08:00:06 »
It has been a long time since i played on my FF7 Hardcore, i got up to Omega but it was not playable.

Can you let me know what has changed since i was last here please? And if patching up to the latest release would be alright for my save, would be cool to finally beat on Omega then head on to Sephiroth to finish it off.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #998 on: 2011-07-04 17:06:21 »
It has been a long time since i played on my FF7 Hardcore, i got up to Omega but it was not playable.

What exactly do you mean by "not playable"? And when was that?

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 2011-07-04 18:29:13 »
It was not playable because it was a well known fact it would crash on Omega, i attempted multiple times and it did not work, however i am awaiting a reply from gjoerulv, who i am sure would have known what i was talking about.