Author Topic: [FF7] Enemies editor - Hojo (1.0)  (Read 100526 times)

spibbly

• View Profile
Re: Hojo 1.0 - enemies editor
« Reply #100 on: 2013-05-17 06:40:48 »
Thank you!

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2013-08-02 11:47:53 »
A question about the items that enemies carry...

Using Hojo 1.1, in the "Items" section, there's currently no description as to what the adjustable quantities DO: Does a value of, say, "10" mean that it's able to drop up to 10 of that item, that it has a 10% chance of doing so, or that it has a "10"% (ie 10 in Hex or some other value system) chance?

I'd like to mess with these but without knowing what each does, I'm not gonna touch. :)

Any pointers?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #102 on: 2013-08-02 16:21:51 »
A question about the items that enemies carry...

Using Hojo 1.1, in the "Items" section, there's currently no description as to what the adjustable quantities DO: Does a value of, say, "10" mean that it's able to drop up to 10 of that item, that it has a 10% chance of doing so, or that it has a "10"% (ie 10 in Hex or some other value system) chance?

I'd like to mess with these but without knowing what each does, I'm not gonna touch. :)

Any pointers?

Each enemy can only drop one item at a time. The number is drop rate out of 63. It can be marked as a "steal" item instead in which case the rate isn't important (I don't think).

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2013-08-03 00:22:19 »
Ah ok. So a rating of "10" would be "10 / 63", or ~16.7%?

I can work with that. :)

Thanks!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #104 on: 2013-08-05 04:15:18 »
I always assumed it was the actual drop chance in hex but I remember that being not the case since the numbers were purely decimal

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2013-08-05 08:56:18 »
Pretty sure both steals and drops use the rate, and they do it in a slots kind of way.

So attempt to steal item in the first slot, if success win item, if fail attempt item in next slot. (and with steals, the way VII works is it still runs the check on empty slots, so potentially you can't steal items in lower down slots because the steal mechanics are a bit more complicated).

For the Steal and Drop mechanics, you can check out TFergusson's guides, or the Steal and Item Drop pages of the FFWiki.

Dii

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2013-12-16 11:28:22 »
Hey guys, I downloaded this brilliant program and on the whole it works just like i had wished for.

however for some reason i find that editing several enemy combatants breaks the game.

[what do you mean?]

Ok so I wanted to make a mod for it where all the enemies in the game have 5 times as much health as their stock value and give twice as much AP/XP.

It worked really well and doing the first reactor was seriously hardcore mode without needing to spend the entire time on the backrow and with sadness. (4000HP for guard scorpion was too much, you could ONLY JUST beat it but you'd be completely spent and would never escape the reactor alive, especially when you get attacked by large groups of NPC's with 5 times their usual health, so had to drop some values slightly) BUT ANYWAY.

Everything was running smoothly until i reached the part where i would have to fight the Sample boss in hojo's lab,  Instead of fighting the Sample:H0512 and the lesser Sample minions it puts you in the corridor of the Shinra tower against a Zenene, with blood on the floor signifying its the escape section of the Shinra HQ, when this is impossible.

[what have you changed?]

I only edited the monsters HP/MP reward AP/XP and Gil

[has it happened before?]

Yes, I wanted to edit the Midgar Zolom because its the only enemy that has the boss death animation after a certain point in the game, so i figured making this really strong wouldbe great with the boss death, so i made it have like 200000 HP, increased its magic and attack strength so that it was beastly and could maul players of level 75 as my characters were.

So with all the stuff set i went and tried to fight it. and when the snake bumps into you in the swamp the fight scene is not against the midgar zolom, it is against Rufus on top of the shinra building!?

really really frustrating, in no way did i change the battle scenes or anything else other than the basic enemy stats.

[what version of Hojo are you using]

Im using version 1.1 thats the latest one i could find.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #107 on: 2013-12-16 13:43:59 »
Read this. Hojo and ProudClod will fix this, but you have to explicitly tell Hojo to do it. I forget the command, but it's one of the menu options. Should fix your problem.

Fayrra

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2013-12-31 09:37:33 »
^ I think you click the file option and then click "update kernel file" with hojo.

Anyway, I know I'm wayyy late to the party, but this program (and Proud Clod) is awesome, and I thank Squall and you for making them! However, I'm having trouble with enemy status immunities. Particularly Toad. When I use it on bosses and some enemies who were normally immune to it (after using hojo to take away the immunity), sometimes it acts really glitchy. Instead of being a good little frog with its normal stance sometimes the enemy will repeatedly jump back in a dancelike manner and then raise its arms up to the sky, haha, while alternating between its attacks and then other times it will act as if it is getting repeatedly hit and keep falling backwards and then getting up again, also while alternating between its attacks and it will do this the entire fight. Of course I guess I could just be picky- but it just takes me out of the experience when it glitches like that - but still other times while doing that it'll crash or hang, sometimes when I kill the enemy as a frog, it'll die and then you'll hear the dying sound over and over again and it'll just hang there. So even if I could bare to fight a battle with a dancing frog instead of a regular one, it most likely won't work anyway.

Not to mention I think that if I fix the dancing/backflipping problem, it might fix the hang/crash problem as well.

So yeah, what would I have to do to fix this? Is it possible to? Would I have to do some complicated AI editing I know nothing about? Or does it have to do with battle animations as well? Something more? I'm assuming it's not due to any mistake of mine while using Hojo?

I have a theory as to what the problem is. I noticed that when I turn the Midgar Zolom into a frog he acts like a normal frog, until I get his health down and then he turns into a backflipping champion.

When I use it on Ruby Weapon, the instant he turns into a frog he's already doing the little dance. So I came up with the idea that the problem arises when the enemies change battle animations?

The Midgar Zolom must have started glitching out when he was supposed to put his head up high into the air, and Ruby was already glitching out because he had already "changed battle animations" and put his tentacles in the ground.
And, as a prediction, I figured he would have been a "normal" little frog when first being turned, if he could have been turned into one before he put the tentacles in the ground, and that as soon as he did put them in the ground, he would gltich-dance, which this video confirms after finding it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjovyNc7jQ4

But not just changing "battle animation stances" or whatever, but more than that, also gaining a different move set is probably what's messing it up? Just my intuition on the matter. Maybe the two are inherently intertwined? I wonder if there are any enemies in the game that are naturally able to be turned into a frog/don't have an immunity, but have "differen't battle animations/stance" and different "move sets" that happen midway through battle?

At first I actually thought it was because of move sets alone. Like, I thought because it was an unauthorized frog, when it went to go do its moves it'd mess up for some reason. What lead me to this was fighting Palmer. Because I turned him into a frog and he did his gun move or whatever and then he started glitching out
and it froze. But, this doesn't make sense because things like ruby ray work fine which has a way more complex animation. Thinking back on it now I'm almost certain Palmer probably had a different animation stance midway through battle or something and that is what actually caused it.

Does this sound like I'm on the right track NFITC1? I absolutely have no idea what I'm talking about. If it were just the attacks that were the problem the fix would be easy using ProudClod, simply set whatever attack I think is causing the problem to have some MP, Toad would cancel it from ever getting used, though I guess if EVERY attack were causing the problem that'd make it kind of a lame battle, him just sitting there while I slice him to bits. =p

« Last Edit: 2013-12-31 10:48:23 by Fayrra »

Ty_JY

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Enemies editor - Hojo (1.0)
« Reply #109 on: 2019-12-26 06:25:02 »
Hojo download link is down can somebody bring it back?  Please

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2021-05-17 16:49:14 »
Hi there,

I'm archiving all my old projects (Hojo, Loveless, Teioh) and I was wondering if someone still has the binary of Hojo 1.0 (the very first version)?
Moreover, I'm a bit surprised to see that it seems the last version of Hojo I published here was the 1.1 while I own a 1.1+ version. Can someone confirm Hojo 1.1+ has never been published ?

Thanks for your help :)
« Last Edit: 2021-05-17 16:55:07 by Squall78 »

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2021-05-28 09:43:21 »
I only have version 1.1. I have not seen a newer version anywhere.
And the download link doesn't work.

Kutsufatmo

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2021-09-06 02:57:20 »
The download links for this seem to be down. Does anyone have a new one?

EDIT: Sounds like this app was superseded by ProudClod as that can do everything Hojo does now. I'll just download that.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-06 23:17:04 by Kutsufatmo »