Author Topic: FFVII Spanish retranslation project - The final step.  (Read 8763 times)

NovaSlayersNext

• View Profile
Since two years ago (well, maybe more) of hard work, we wanna bring to Qhimm a new Final Fantasy VII spanish translation.

First of all, I'd like to say that this isn't another "Final Fantasy VII spanish translation project"...
Why is this project different from others "FFVII spanish projects"? This project was finished before his birth. I mean, Xulikotony works for 2 years to translate the whole PSX version of the game from japanese to spanish, and when I played it in my system, I was surprised really pleasingly. I only have good adjectives to his work. So I proposed him to work together and make a PC port of it.
Now, I'm working porting the PSX version to the PC's 98 edition. (Hopefully, it will work with Steam version too).
PC version will have a few version, one compatible with Reunion and another one made for the original files. I'd like to ask you, DLPB if its OK to use the Reunion patch as base for our project (always giving you the credits of your work). For example, we need to modify the texts inside the exe.

So far, this is our advance:  ■ Translated  /  ■ Revision/Tested

*  .Exe:          90% / 0%         - The text is fully translated already, but we need to change some little names and test that everything is inside the cage.

*  flevel:       100% / 20%      - All was ported from the PSX project to the PC one and all works. We need to test it, anyway, and see if the game says "Press △ to open menu", that really do that.

*  kernel:      100% / 100%    - This file has only two names, so, its fully finished

*  kernel2:      85% / 5%        - This one is nearly finished. Only we need to change a few names of some attacks and materia.

*  scene:       100% / 35%      - Only test if the names of the attacks are canonized according to the official ones used in the other games.

*  font:          100% / 100%    - The original font was edited to fit with the translation. Also, the Reunion HD font was edited too to fit with our project.

As you can see, the work is almost done, and PSX version is almost revised too. Only some changes should be tested.
When we have some new progress, I'll upload some more pics of the project and when we finished all, we'll announced a release.

*  Credits:

- DLPB and Reunion Team, for... well, for ALL his work making that game like a new one.

- Xulikotony, for his work translating all the text from japanese to spanish.

(These lines are epic!)

(Turks' fight)

(Translated Interface textures)

(Goodbye, "Merma", RIP)

(Testing field HD font) (Credits to DLPB and Reunion Team)

(Items and Materia)

« Last Edit: 2015-04-06 23:25:52 by NovaSlayersNext »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: FFVII Spanish retranslation project -
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-06 23:18:08 »
Sure, just remember full credits and a link to our Qhimm forum thread.

NovaSlayersNext

• View Profile
Re: FFVII Spanish retranslation project -
« Reply #2 on: 2015-04-06 23:24:47 »
Sure! Thanks for it!

NovaSlayersNext

• View Profile
Re: FFVII Spanish retranslation project - The final step.
« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-01 00:36:49 »
NEWS: We have been working hard lately and now, every wrong animation from Cloud assigned directly to Cid have been fixed.
The problem is that Cid's skeleton has the same numbers of bones as Cloud's, but his foots have a different angle so, Cloud's animations looks like:
https://youtu.be/RnSe2xTW448?t=4m
(Min 4:02)

I create news animations, based on Cloud's anims, for Cid, so he can move as Cloud but with correct foot angle.

And we're working on bugin1C, to make PC scene as the one of PSX. The PSX version is one of my favourites, were we can see a first plane of Tifa or Aeris, seeing Bugenhagen's simulation.
PSX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDW2lNzl9tU&feature=youtu.be&t=7m49s
PC:
https://youtu.be/pVuvUKTixes?t=33s

I try to import the scene from PSX into the Flevel, but with no success. Have someone any clue?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-07-10 17:58:57 »

And we're working on bugin1C, to make PC scene as the one of PSX. The PSX version is one of my favourites, were we can see a first plane of Tifa or Aeris, seeing Bugenhagen's simulation.
PSX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDW2lNzl9tU&feature=youtu.be&t=7m49s
PC:
https://youtu.be/pVuvUKTixes?t=33s

I'm always fascinated that there are things in the PC version I never have noticed.

NovaSlayersNext

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-07-19 23:44:17 »
I'm always fascinated that there are things in the PC version I never have noticed.
I noticed that because it's one of my favourite scene of the game (and it's perfect to see your custom Tifa/Aeris model too xD)

But sadly, we haven't got any success yet with that :S
We'll keep trying, but some help would be really helpfull!!

leatitia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2022-12-29 11:48:01 »
Will we ever see a release of the fixed cid and the translation?