Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 845064 times)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40b)
« Reply #1300 on: 2018-07-03 17:16:39 »
Update to v0.40b.
- Fixed a couple of bugs:
-- Multi-lang links were not saved properly (when the ID of a dialog line in one language is not the same as the one in another language that is linked to the 1st),
-- Fixed a apparently rare bug with .hws files that could occur when editing some script functions (when a .hws file is affected, it crashes on import).
-- Script batching sometimes exported more languages than what was asked in the Preferences,
- Added a couple of datas:
-- For enemies, there is a flag that enables the use of a "Death" function in the AI. When this flag is disabled, that function is ignored. It was not possible to change this flag previously.
-- For spells, items and enemies, added a few "dummied" datas, that are not used at all by the game but that can get some use if you mod the engine (for instance, to increase the experience given by an enemy or, a bit more difficult, increase an enemy's max HP).

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 2018-07-03 22:48:20 »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 2018-07-04 07:57:08 »
You're welcome :)

@CrazynNova: This message should appear only if you are using the PSX (emulated) version of the game. In this case, the file should open after you skip the message without problem.
If you are using the Steam version of the game, you are not trying to open the good file: you have to go to "File -> Open" and select the file "FF9_Launcher.exe" which is in your Steam game's folder (usually, its path is something like "C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY IX").

In any case, the field scenes are in the panel "Environment -> Fields". You can export them individually in the "Manage Background" window or in the menu "Batching -> Export Field Backgrounds". You can import them back (in the Steam version only) using the tool "Background Editor" even though it doesn't accept any kind of changes (pixels that are out of the original layer's place are ignored).

Fortunatly, the page changed because I wouldn't have seen your message otherwise ^^'

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 2018-07-04 22:46:22 »
come to think about it , there is something that you can add in the next version of hades workshop , that is something already existent in the version 0.37 , that is : the music index of the osts that you put in the "info" column ( in the section of the unity assets ) , currently that section have the title of the osts , so maybe you can add again the music index right after the music title i think

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 2018-07-06 11:17:59 »
i also need to know if there is some program that can convert a music file in the format required by final fantasy 9 , so i can substitute some osts

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: 2018-07-06 17:47:25 »
I'm not sure about the music format, but OGG seemed to be a quite popular format to me.
Audacity says that it can import and export files in the OGG format.

Don't forget that the file extension is only informative. In FF9 assets, they really didn't care about using correct file formats specifications, so it's not because the files have an extension ".mesh", ".txt" or ".png" that they really are Mesh, text or PNG files (for the later, the tool explicitely converts the assets to PNG but that's not what they are inside the archive).
Rename the sound files to ".ogg" if Audacity doesn't recognize them automatically.

Incinerator

« Reply #1306 on: 2018-07-06 18:17:26 »
I'm not sure about the music format, but OGG seemed to be a quite popular format to me.
Audacity says that it can import and export files in the OGG format.

Exactly right!

Here’s what I do.

I export said music file, open it in Audacity (yes, audacity can open the .bytes file, as it knows it’s ogg! )

Replacing music, is simple, I load a song in audacity, export it as .ogg at a Hz of 44100 or 48000 whichever needed. Then rename the .ogg to .bytes. Import with unity assets viewer. HW handling the akb header is a life saver, making audio importing a breeze.

Don't forget that the file extension is only informative. In FF9 assets, they really didn't care about using correct file formats specifications, so it's not because the files have an extension ".mesh", ".txt" or ".png" that they really are Mesh, text or PNG files (for the later, the tool explicitely converts the assets to PNG but that's not what they are inside the archive).
Rename the sound files to ".ogg" if Audacity doesn't recognize them automatically.

I’ve noticed that!
Explains why I couldn’t open those mesh files!
« Last Edit: 2018-07-06 18:19:47 by Incinerator »

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 2018-07-06 22:12:23 »
@Tirlititi @Incinerator i tried the procedure you explained with audacity but the import still fail , what could be the cause ? maybe the problem is the audio file itself , i downloaded that file trough this site : https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/it/video-converter
« Last Edit: 2018-07-06 23:41:00 by brucy »

Incinerator

« Reply #1308 on: 2018-07-07 09:23:40 »
@Tirlititi @Incinerator i tried the procedure you explained with audacity but the import still fail , what could be the cause ? maybe the problem is the audio file itself , i downloaded that file trough this site : https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/it/video-converter

1. Making sure have the same ff9 assets name. like music006.akb.bytes in the HadesWorkshopAssets directory HW created.

2. Where you trying to import a video???

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 2018-07-07 23:18:34 »
@Incinerator ok , now it works , i imported a song found on youtube, initially it didn't work because the extension of the music file was hidden by a default setting of windows 10 , in any case , now i need some help to solve another problem : the game doesn't run the song endlessly like it should , it play that only once , so where the game handle the "loop" function ? and what i must write in order to create the loop ?
« Last Edit: 2018-07-08 00:10:11 by brucy »

Incinerator

« Reply #1310 on: 2018-07-08 06:05:08 »
@Incinerator ok , now it works , i imported a song found on youtube, initially it didn't work because the extension of the music file was hidden by a default setting of windows 10 , in any case , now i need some help to solve another problem : the game doesn't run the song endlessly like it should , it play that only once , so where the game handle the "loop" function ? and what i must write in order to create the loop ?

Edit the .ogg's metadata in audacity. Add tag: "LoopStart" & "LoopEnd". Enter the values in samples:

@Tirlititi, add this as tutorial for importing custom audio??

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 2018-07-08 07:41:17 »
ok it works , thanks :D
« Last Edit: 2018-07-08 09:56:49 by brucy »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40)
« Reply #1312 on: 2018-07-08 11:06:12 »
How do you mod it? Is it HW that gives you a bugged CSharp? If so, did you mod the CSharp beforehand with dnSpy?

It may be the reason..

First I edited the CSharp with HWS, then i used dnSpy, then I've tried to mod again with HWS because I forgot some things.. and that happen, fortunately I got the backup, anyway ;)

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: 2018-07-08 11:10:03 »
@Incinerator but something strange happened : the loop worked for the first music i injected , but strangely , it didn't worked for the second song that i injected , but appearently i did the same procedure whit both files , the music that the loop doesn't work for is the one i used to substitute "dark messenger" , while the one that the loop worked for is the one i substituted for "battle", and in both cases all i did was to add the two tags that you told me to add in the tagg section , so what may i did wrong ? :\, the only difference i notice is the length of the two loops , the working look belong to a song of 3:40 minutes , the not working loop belong to a 6:46 minutes , so maybe the problem can the the size of the loop , i don't know , what do you think ? :\
« Last Edit: 2018-07-08 14:19:08 by brucy »

Incinerator

« Reply #1314 on: 2018-07-08 21:43:19 »
so maybe the problem can the the size of the loop , i don't know , what do you think ? :\

No, definitely not that. I have a song like 10 minutes, and it works.
What I can think of it, from here (having replaced dark messenger before) be the sample rate. How does it sound in game, is it pitched? Does it sound normal as it should?

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: 2018-07-08 23:32:29 »
well , the only anomaly that i can think about is the volume of the music , maybe is too much loud , infact , before edit the metadata file with audacity , i downloaded the song from youtube using an online converter that allow me to even chose the quality in kbs , and so i selected the 320kbs , then downloaded the song and edited with audacity , maybe that's the problem ? if only i know how to add an image i could show you what i did and so explain myself for good , maybe the problem is somewere in the way i am saving the changes in audacity , still i am pretty sure that i am doing the same thing i did with the only music that i managed to port succesfully , hmm , you think it can depend on the event ? i mean , maybe the game tread a bit differently a loop according to the phase were it is played
« Last Edit: 2018-07-09 01:16:01 by brucy »

Incinerator

« Reply #1316 on: 2018-07-09 05:04:47 »
Oh that's right! . I just remembered.

For the "LoopEnd" value, you need to subtract 1 in the metadata also for loop.
So if the song's "LoopEnd" value is 7248384, you enter, in the metadata: 7248383.
Without doing it does make the audio not loop lots time.

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 2018-07-09 10:09:26 »
very good i will give it a try :D , but still i say that's strange how the first looping operation worked even without know the step that you explained now , and i wonder why
« Last Edit: 2018-07-09 10:40:16 by brucy »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 2018-07-09 19:32:34 »
Please any news? There's somebody that can help? I'm in a huge problem.. I need to edit an important thing in the Assembly CSharp, I did a big mistake in the "Party" zone, and I want to have that Assembly CSharp not corrupted in any case :'( It's so impossible to fix?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 2018-07-10 08:38:49 »
If you modified your CSharp with dnSpy and it's now not working, it can be pretty much anything...
We can't help you if you don't post the code that is bugged.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: 2018-07-10 09:04:48 »
If you modified your CSharp with dnSpy and it's now not working, it can be pretty much anything...
We can't help you if you don't post the code that is bugged.

No not exactly, it was something like this: I edited first the CSharp with DnSpy to change font, then I tried again to edit the game with HwS, I edited little things in party and stuff (just little changes, like abilities, or equipment), and it was exported a new CSharp, and now this CSharp exported by HwS it's bugged... probably a conflict with DnSpy?

-----

UPDATE: Guys I guess is solved, I noticed the problem when I tried to import it again with Dnspy, and I saw that every archive (like FF9, UI and stuff) are gone! So i decided to come back with a "Virgin" CSharp an put everything again, now I edit again the font ;)
UPDATE2: Aaaaand, i did it! I made anyway a backup, in case I will find other problems!
« Last Edit: 2018-07-10 12:03:18 by ToraCarol »

Incinerator

« Reply #1321 on: 2018-07-10 23:17:31 »
UPDATE: Guys I guess is solved, I noticed the problem when I tried to import it again with Dnspy, and I saw that every archive (like FF9, UI and stuff) are gone! So i decided to come back with a "Virgin" CSharp an put everything again, now I edit again the font ;)
UPDATE2: Aaaaand, i did it! I made anyway a backup, in case I will find other problems!

Good to hear you got it fixed!

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: 2018-07-11 16:00:32 »
I fixed... but now other stuff is here  x''P

You know guys WHY this thing happen?

It's because I set the Abillities of Blank? It's kinda strange.. I also applied macro.. so why his support abilities won't activate/appear? :-(

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 2018-07-11 20:03:46 »
Did you set the Ability learning correctly? The first ability must have a non-zero AP requirement (if I remember correctly, that's the only thing to set up).
The method enabling it is "ff9abil::FF9Abil_HasAp". You can check that method to know why it doesn't apply for him.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: 2018-07-12 10:40:07 »
Did you set the Ability learning correctly? The first ability must have a non-zero AP requirement (if I remember correctly, that's the only thing to set up).
The method enabling it is "ff9abil::FF9Abil_HasAp". You can check that method to know why it doesn't apply for him.

It's ok, silly mistake of mine.. it's solved also this one  :mrgreen:

UPDATE: Guys I want to disable the menu button when I'm using Cid Frog... it's possible?

About giving trance to someone else, I'll make a few tests but it may be possible to actually do it now with dnSpy/Albeoris's Memoria. Of course, unless you import another model, the trance appearance will be roughly the same as the normal state.
I don't guarantee anything though ^^'

To not mistake.. could you tell me how to do exactly with dnSpy? I want to try to make a Trance model for Blank, so if someone of you can explain me better..maybe I can give a shot!
« Last Edit: 2018-07-12 15:42:36 by ToraCarol »