Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] BerryMapper- texture replacement for Tonberry mod (2014-12-15)  (Read 351647 times)

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
That's fantastic Mcindus!

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
Done with the 'PLAINS' battle field and backgrounds

BEFORE and AFTER:

Let me know what you guys think!

Wow, look at this grass... Finally we're having full graphical mods for FF8 n.n

nRage

• View Profile
I'm not as tech savvy as some of you guys are. But if there is any grunt work/testing I can do to help I would be glad too.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
I'm not as tech savvy as some of you guys are. But if there is any grunt work/testing I can do to help I would be glad too.

Actually, for now we need more skilled people in graphic design than tech savvy ones. Omzy and Shunsq (amongst others of course) did the most hard job with hashes. If you wish you can extract some textures with tonberry, upscale them, and "remaster" them.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Actually there is some grunt work.  My main issue right now is that after I'm done collecting files for hashing,  I have hundreds of duplicates to delete.  The problem with the duplicates is that some of them look nearly identical and if I miss some,  we end up with missing textures.   Message me if you'd really like to help.... this is the most tedious part of the project but I have managed to organize the battle backgrounds and the opening world map textures. 

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Yay! Mountains and sky that don't make my eyes bleed!

But my eyes are bleeding from awesomeness now!
:D
« Last Edit: 2014-12-18 02:48:28 by LeonhartGR »

Mortael

• View Profile
If anybody would like to take the Balamb garden textures off my hands and work on them? I could rip the textures for you all, and give you the hash codes I have already; I have been busy with work and Uni, I'll try and do my part with other textures if I can though <3

http://www.mediafire.com/view/hopg694214ikheu/wm_bg_13.png#

Already scaled/changed to .png

hash code:

wm_bg_13,3714628809

(also in future, for those who have got their battle textures hashed, put the codes up alongside your preview image and the original textures if you can, so more graphic artists can work on different interpretations.. We could expand our pack to have options, further more, I'll be visiting Trabia, so I can pick up the snowy battle textures for you guys if you wish?)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-17 22:32:13 by Mortael »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
If anybody would like to take the Balamb garden textures off my hands and work on them? I could rip the textures for you all, and give you the hash codes I have already; I have been busy with work and Uni, I'll try and do my part with other textures if I can though <3

http://www.mediafire.com/view/hopg694214ikheu/wm_bg_13.png#

Already scaled/changed to .png

hash code:

wm_bg_13,3714628809

(also in future, for those who have got their battle textures hashed, put the codes up alongside your preview image and the original textures if you can, so more graphic artists can work on different interpretations.. We could expand our pack to have options, further more, I'll be visiting Trabia, so I can pick up the snowy battle textures for you guys if you wish?)

OMG, you always find new ways to amaze us Mortael... may I ask you how did you rip it? I tried so hard to do it with Tonberry and I couldn't. Also tried to rip Balamb with no success...  :|

Mortael

• View Profile
I also have Crestian working on the Ragnarok ;) Give me a few more days and I can upload some more world object textures- I've done Squall's model by the way, and I will add it to the pack...

During the Christmas break for me though, I will be even more busy ironically and wont be doing as much stuff until early-mid January.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
I opened Mortael's wm png in an image scaler, but it told me "iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile".

Mortael

• View Profile
I opened Mortael's wm png in an image scaler, but it told me "iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile".

Works fine in photoshop, what software are you using?

I just test-downloaded it, works fine in paint/photoshop... What software are you using? And why scale it? It's already at a scale factor of x4
« Last Edit: 2014-12-18 00:38:19 by Mortael »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hey guys -- I'm trying to replace the world textures, but when I insert the hash code, insert the proper texture folder, etc - the world texture disappears instead of getting replaced.  Am I missing the correct objmap.csv codes?   I tried to use what berrymapper gave me and I came up empty. Literally.

Figured it out. BAM.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-18 10:45:47 by Mcindus »

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
I worked on this for a couple minutes tonight after work. I'll try a little harder over the holidays. For now if anyone else wants to try, I sharpened the texture and put a few quick fixes in. You can at least test with this texture, as the "Halo" will be noticeably fixed. Side by side with the original, you'll notice a lot of the noise has been taken care of. I think this is a texture that needs/deserves to be drawn by hand.

« Last Edit: 2014-12-18 07:29:39 by Cities.Burn.Quick »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hey guys!  Here are the original textures for the battle scenes for the Balamb/Dollet Field and Mountain areas.  I will be moving on to the shore and forests next.  My upscale is based from these files.

Here:

Original Battle Textures

I've renamed them to match the following hashcodes:

battlebg_13,17831852604694459502
battlebg_14,17831852604693935214
battlebg_15,17831852604685546606
battlegr_13,15942366056746504654
battlehl_13,15197104878038969553
battlehl_14,15196682650528935129
battlehl2_13,6430622871864048478
battlehl2_14,6444276607255673694
battlemtn_13,17062048567752300113
battlemtn_14,17134391764230526805

Insert these codes into hash1map.csv
Upscale these to 1024x1024 and convert them to .png file format if you want to see them in-game.  I didn't do it to save file space.
Enjoy trying your hand at these textures!

I will be releasing my upscaled textures by the end of the day for this area as a precursor to "Projekt Lokust" my battle texture replacement project.

I'm also compiling the enemy textures for hashing because it's incidental in doing the battle scenes.  Let me know if you are looking for them.

I'll be compiling all of this as well as the worldmap textures over the holidays! Here's how it all starts:

I like how the test ground looks!

You know you love it!

« Last Edit: 2014-12-20 10:32:41 by Mcindus »

Mortael

• View Profile
Hey guys!  Here are the original textures for the battle scenes for the Balamb/Dollet Field and Mountain areas.  I will be moving on to the shore and forests next.  My upscale is based from these files.

Here:

Original Battle Textures

I've renamed them to match the following hashcodes:

battlebg_13,17831852604694459502
battlebg_14,17831852604693935214
battlebg_15,17831852604685546606
battlegr_13,15942366056746504654
battlehl_13,15197104878038969553
battlehl_14,15196682650528935129
battlehl2_13,6430622871864048478
battlehl2_14,6444276607255673694
battlemtn_13,17062048567752300113
battlemtn_14,17134391764230526805

Insert these codes into hash1map.csv
Upscale these to 1024x1024 and convert them to .png file format if you want to see them in-game.  I didn't do it to save file space.
Enjoy trying your hand at these textures!

I will be releasing my upscaled textures by the end of the day for this area as a precursor to "Projekt Lokust" my battle texture replacement project.

I'm also compiling the enemy textures for hashing because it's incidental in doing the battle scenes.  Let me know if you are looking for them.

I'll be compiling all of this as well as the worldmap textures over the holidays! Here's how it all starts:

I like how the test ground looks!

You know you love it!

Excellent work, we're onto a major breakthrough here with those world map textures, just another question... I've constantly tried to replace the actual 'map' texture, it comes up as 'noreplace' however... I'm not sure how to get around that.

Also in terms of labelling folders.... For world map, if you have a texture that's based on that, make a 'wm' folder

Battle Field, could go under 'bf'

So when it comes to making textures, we have a standardised format of 'naming' the textures so-to-speak, starting with wm_balamb_13 just as an example. It just allows for convenience with the hash codes later on :)

p.s.:

The code should be: 4294967295

Any chance for some research into why this is not working?

ALSO: here is another Christmas treat, Squall's world map model:

Textured and hashed:

first of all, in your 'sq' folder, make a 'sqworld' folder and place this file in it:

Download it from here

Add this hash code: sqworld_13,2926926198

« Last Edit: 2014-12-18 23:26:13 by Mortael »

Mortael

• View Profile
Found the problem... I had another CODE in identical to it as another 'worldmap' file...

works, but... replaces other textures too.. In need of a hash code, but I think I have a good idea of where to get it :)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-18 23:52:02 by Mortael »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
Found the problem... I had another CODE in identical to it as another 'worldmap' file...

works, fully tested :D

Wow... almost impressive. I really love how everything looks. Nice work you all guys.

May I do a little appreciation? I'd remove the Deep Sea Lab location from the map, since it wasn't in the original map and it's a "secret".

Mortael

• View Profile

Updated Revolver,

With Crestian's help, I asked him to make the revolver look closer to what's seen in the FMV's, I also tweaked the file a little to add more contrast to the metal, to make it a little more realistic.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Some progress:

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Awesome!

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora

LOL!

How about this one?

More world texture progress!

It seems like I may have made things a shade too olive... ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-19 08:18:57 by Mcindus »

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
It's looking really good Mcindus! For the first time ever those amorphous blobs actually resemble trees! The cliff textures are superb as well.

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
Great improvement Mcindus and Mortael. I'm thinking about how to organise all these hashcodes coming from everywhere. Either each category(worldmap, battle, character) would have a specific thread with the first post containing an updated list. Or i will update my first post with a specific list for each category and i will put a link to each texture pack.
For the second option my problem is that each time anyone would create a texture i would have to add a new link to the list. So people will be confused and won't know which pack  to download. So i would like to request you something: could you give me the right to download your textures and put them in common folders on my dropbox? I will ask you this each time i will upload a new texture.
That way there would be a unique folder for each texture category and unique links to them.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-19 09:58:33 by Shunsq »

Yagami Light

• View Profile
How did you get different hash codes for the world map? Berry just gives me the same codes..

Also heres original textures for world map and a battle scene separated and x4 res for artists all you gotta do is put a new texture on top. If you want to upres them differently I only used nearest neighbor so you can just downscale them and upscale however you want.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9wtflxf1e4rzr/Tonberry%20ready%20ff8.rar?dl=0
« Last Edit: 2014-12-19 11:38:00 by Yagami Light »