Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] FF7Music Installer (1.51.13)(Discontinued, use Anxious Heart)  (Read 345545 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: FF7Music Installer
« Reply #325 on: 2012-01-09 18:24:25 »
Have you tried running ff7 without ff7music? It looks like ff7 is crashing on startup when initializing sound (not something I've seen caused by ff7music before).

One suggestion I have is open ff7config and make sure that the correct driver is set in the Sound tab. You may need to run as administrator if you're using Windows Vista or 7.

FFFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2012-01-10 05:59:30 »
Boy, do I feel like a retard. Somehow in ff7config, it didn't have a driver selected although I distinctly remember playing ff7 with ff7music before. No idea how that happened. Thanks Covarr.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2012-01-10 07:14:16 »
If you mean the audio driver, I can concur.  It has happened to me too twice...  and I needed to open ff7config.exe and reassign it.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2012-01-10 21:40:33 »
I've had it too. As far as I can tell, this is mainly an issue on machines with multiple devices (such as a soundcard and a USB headset). If the device it's expecting has been disconnected, it'll simply fail rather than reverting.

Even though this isn't a problem with ff7music, I'm looking into ways to prevent in with my launcher. No promises though. :(

FFFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2012-01-11 14:55:17 »
Yeah, I do use a headset every now and then but I don't use it with FF7, only with Vent. But it's just a miniscule problem though, no biggie.

VonZippa

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2012-01-14 18:12:53 »
I've successfully used this installer and have been enjoying the remastered ogg music quite a bit.  Thanks a lot for all the work that went into creating this installer.

I'm having one peculiar issue that I've noticed ever since installing this.  It isn't even a problem really, so much as a peculiarity.  When you rest at an inn, after selecting to pay whatever amount of money, you would normally see the screen go black for maybe 6 or 8 seconds or however long and that little "sleeping at an inn" tune plays (sorry I don't know what it's actually called), but with FF7Music installed, the part where the screen goes black and the little tune plays seems to be skipped entirely, although not at every inn (the one in Costa Del Sol still goes black, although in that one you hear the ocean instead of the usual tune).  To be honest, it's actually something I enjoy as sitting there waiting for the time to go by and the tune to play can be annoying sometimes (yes, I'm impatient).  I've read through this whole thread thinking someone else might have noticed this, but there was nothing mentioned about it.  If I comment out the ff7 plugin line from ff7_opengl.cfg and run ff7.exe directly then the game goes back to using MIDI and the inns work normally again.  Am I the only one experiencing this, or is it a known issue with FF7Music and FF7?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2012-01-14 18:17:14 »
This is a known issue. If I recall correctly, it's caused by Aali's driver not knowing how long to wait when it's not using internal MIDI music, so it just skips it entirely.

VonZippa

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2012-01-14 22:16:05 »
This is a known issue. If I recall correctly, it's caused by Aali's driver not knowing how long to wait when it's not using internal MIDI music, so it just skips it entirely.

Good to know.  Thanks for the prompt reply.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2012-01-20 00:13:06 »
What with Megaupload being down, and no sign that it's coming back any time soon, I've moved the full installer over to RapidShare. If you were linking to it *AHEM PITBRAT*, I strongly suggest changing those links. Happy downloading!

norikoteiko

• View Profile
    • German Ragnarok Online Highrate
« Reply #334 on: 2012-01-20 02:09:26 »
i want to begin if the users allow me to host the most addons on my root server with a small list

SereneBLue

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2012-01-30 04:24:21 »
Thanks for this mod! I am playing FF7 now with it. The tracks are really great, especially the World map theme(main theme). They give me more emotional experience. I want to say thanks to those who are related to FF7Music project.:)

Here is an issue. It might be good to consider this before using a music mod.
Sometimes the main music won't start after extra stuff likes piano(#snap1), wind, switch(#snap2) played. The FF7Music stops background music well at the exact time, but at times it seems to forget to replay it later. It's hard to explain this in English.:-[ Anyway, if you want to listen to background music again, you should restart your game.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2012-01-31 02:00:13 »
This bug is fairly well known; it's related to volume ramps not working right in FF7Music. It should be *somewhat* quelled by using the latest version of Aali's driver, but there are still problems.

Xslayer

« Reply #337 on: 2012-01-31 20:04:57 »
Hey,

So I installed this hoping that it would make the music awesome and I get no music at all =( it's probably something I am doing wrong on my end I just cant figure it out. If someone wouldnt mind helping me I would greatly appreciate it.

Im using windows 7 btw just in case that matters.

Thanks!

EDIT: I went an downloaded/installed the full not mini and now it works great!
« Last Edit: 2012-01-31 21:28:26 by Xslayer »

AdamB1384

« Reply #338 on: 2012-02-04 18:19:32 »
Hi There,

I'm new here, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for putting so much work into all of this.

I've got a proper, PC copy of FF7 installed with the 1.02 patch and Aali's graphics driver. The version is 0.7.09 because I could not find the newest version on a download site that actually worked.

The game ran perfectly other than I was having problems with the sound effects and music on some of the full motion video cut scenes - a problem I researched to be something with the MIDI volume control based on what I've read on this board.

I download the music patch to try and fix it, and it's caused more problems than it's fixed.

First, the game no longer seems to recognize any settings in the ff7opengl.cfg file. I had the game running at 1280x720 with no black bars - now with the same .cfg information the game runs in default 640x480 with black bars on the sides, and I can't do anything about it.

Second - And probably the most frustrating thing - is that the music installer deleted all of my saved games. I'm shocked and disappointed by this. It's not a matter of perhaps moving a save game folder over into the FF7MUSIC folder or whatever - the save game folder is literally EMPTY. Not happy about that...

Third - I decided to start a new game to try and see how it worked. Right off the bat as soon as Cloud gets off the train at the beginning of the game - the music is sounding better. However, it sounds as if there are two separate sound tracks playing over top of eachother, offset by about 2-3 seconds.

Fourth - The link that you are supposed to use to start the game starts up the sound plug in program, but won't actually start the game itself. This isn't a big deal - if I run this separately and then start the actual game as normal it seems to work ok still.

So I'm really not having much luck here... Can anyone help me out? I can't say that I've read through this entire thread for these problems but I browsed quite a bit and couldn't find reference to any of these issues.

Thanks for any help...

Adam

EDIT: It appears this has been an exercise in futility for me... The game got so screwy with this Music Installer thing (game still didn't work properly even after uninstalling it) that I decided to remove the game from my computer and start from scratch. Now I can't even get the setup.exe to start (to install the program) despite trying an iso, running as admin and running in compatibility mode. I guess that's it for me.

Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-04 19:34:18 by AdamB1384 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2012-02-04 20:29:15 »
Wow. That's a whole host of problems, most of which I haven't seen before. A few things, in no particular order:

1. I'm pretty sure this installer won't work with older versions of Aali's driver. They rely on some changes he made (I can't remember in which version), and can cause all sorts of issues, such as music playing on top of each other.
2. This installer doesn't move any game files, or touch saves. It could not have been responsible for your saves going missing. Have you installed any other mods?
3. What version of the game are you using? This has not been tested with any non-US versions, and I can pretty much guarantee there will be issues with pirated versions.
4. What OS are you using? The launcher has been tested on Windows XP, and Windows 7 x64, but I can't vouch for any others. I wouldn't be surprised if it has problems on Vista, but I am not equipped to deal with them since I don't have a copy of Vista laying around.
5. Can't reinstall ff7? If you're using Vista or 7 64-bit, try starting your computer in safe mode. I have had this problem myself in the past, and while I'm not sure what causes it (antivirus software, perhaps?), this solution has usually worked for me.

AdamB1384

« Reply #340 on: 2012-02-13 00:01:54 »
Thanks for replying. I was able to find the most current version of Aali's custom driver so I'm going to try it out. I was running the game 1.02 patched with the US version.

I was using Windows 7 64 bit.

The problem I had with not being able to re-install turned out to be a program conflict. It kept giving me an error about not being about to read a language file. I was able to solve it by going through a clean boot process.

I will try it again with the newest version of the custom driver and let you guys know how it goes. The save game thing I really can't explain. I didn't install any other mods - before I put the music driver on there the save files were there, and after they weren't. I might suggest making a copy of them just to be safe in the future?

Thanks for the help! I'll update soon.

Adam

AdamB1384

« Reply #341 on: 2012-02-13 01:17:26 »
I got the game working again but same set of problems. The music doesn't double up anymore but the game still doesn't recognize any setting changes in the .cfg file. It sticks to the default resolution settings no matter what. I also tried changing other settings in the .cfg file to see if it make any difference but it didn't. Any ideas? Here's the contents of the .cfg file as I'm using it.

# ff7_opengl-0.7.10b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 720
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = yes

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = none

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = on

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = no

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = off

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = yes

# use pixel buffer objects to speed up texture loading
# will probably crash horribly on ATI cards but should work for NVIDIA users
use_pbo = no

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = no

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2012-02-13 06:18:24 »
I think Aali's driver may not be installed right. It may be related to "Virtual Store", a stupid feature in Windows Vista and 7 that I don't fully understand, but is related to UAC. You may be able to find more help in the troubleshooting thread for Aali's driver. Come back here if you still have problems once you get that working.

AdamB1384

« Reply #343 on: 2012-02-13 22:25:00 »
Ok I will read into it. One thing I should mention is that prior to installing the music driver, the game was properly re-configuring the resolution and aspect ratio to reflect what I put in the .cfg file. It was only after I put the music installer in that there were problems. I'll keep reading and thank you for the help so far - I know it's on your free time! :)

Adam

AdamB1384

« Reply #344 on: 2012-02-13 22:30:43 »
Wow interesting! I should have looked into it further.

So I read in the trouble shooting thread on Aali's driver and someone mentioned he couldn't make resolution changes. He then said that he had compatibility mode turned on.

I looked at mine and mine was setup the same way. The ff7.exe. was in compatibility mode even though I didn't set it up that way.

Once I unchecked it and started the game, the FF7music installer properly started the game, the game ran in the resolutions that I wanted, AND the lost save games suddenly reappeared! Weird eh? The FF7Music player seems to be running because the MIDI sounds different, although I don't know if my original problem has been solved yet.

This has been an interesting problem to troubleshoot. I will update on whether the sound level problem with the FMV's worked or not.

Thanks!

Adam

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2012-02-13 23:54:11 »
Yeah, my installer sets compatibility mode. On most machines, ff7music doesn't work right without it, but on some it doesn't work right with it. I'm still trying to figure out why that is, and if there's a workaround I can use that'll work for ALL machines.

This does further my suspicions that it's related to UAC, though. I wonder if it's trying to read things from a different directory in compatibility mode? I'll look into it, anyway.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2012-02-16 07:46:36 »
A minor quibble...

You need to add exclusion from resuming to the game over and sleep music.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-16 07:50:12 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2012-02-17 03:26:04 »
Sleep music doesn't play at all when using FF7Music with Aali's driver, but I'll add it anyway. The other one, too.

I'm honestly surprised they weren't already in there. I grabbed the list from the old, old ff7music thread of which songs needed to be excluded, figuring the guy who wrote it knew what he was talking about. I guess I shouldn't assume things :(

Felio

« Reply #348 on: 2012-02-17 13:35:33 »
sorry to bother, but it's two days that i try to download from rapidshare and it's impossible. download go strangely slow and never reach the end. i also tried to use some download program but it's useless.

unluckly i have already used the minimal install and the only result was to cancel all the music from the game so now i really need the full install.

Can you plase upload it somewere else?

TNX

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2012-02-17 14:35:05 »
Hi Felio,

look here: MediaFire folder

@Covarr: I hope this is ok.