Author Topic: Hidden Scenes in Final Fantasy VII  (Read 12712 times)

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
Hidden Scenes in Final Fantasy VII
« on: 2013-03-30 10:33:44 »
Hello everyone,
 I would like to share some exclusive information to you because I am a nice guy.

One time recently, while playing Disc One of Final Fantasy VII on the personal computer, I decided to try something new - go to the Mythril Mine too early for the game to expect you to do so. After you chose which party members are to be in the two groups of party members, Cloud is told by Barret to meet him at the town of Kalm. What you do next is earn enough gil to purchase the Chocobo Lure Materia and catch a Chocobo. Once you have done this, outrun the Midgar Zolom and get to the entrance of the Mythril Mine. At the time I did this, Tifa was in my party with Cloud. She told Cloud that Barret was waiting at Kalm, and that they needed to meet with him as soon as possible. Also, she said the following phrase to the Chocobo,
"You do not mind waiting, right? Please wait for us."
I could be wrong about how correct this quote is, so I shall correct it soon. My first thought after Tifa said this was, "Yeah right, like that Chocobo is going to wait. Nah, it will run off." Boy was I wrong. The creators of this game knew how hard the Midgar Zolom was that they actually programmed the Chocobo to wait for you on the World Map. On Disc One. Wow! Name another video game in this world that has that kind of programming in it. No really, please name some video games, I am very interested in this kind of knowledge.

Recently, On Disc Two, I was in North Corel. Cloud, when crossing the bridge towards the Mako Reactor, was stopped by Tifa. Here is what followed:

As one may notice, I had to press Print-Screen as fast as possible on my keyboard and paste the screen shots into Microsoft Paint. Sorry for the poor job doing so.

So, who here has caused this hidden scene to occur for them? Can it happen on the Playstation? Is this not awesome? I shall take a print screen for evidence soon.
Who here has found a hidden scene? I already know about most of the hidden scenes, so do your best to name hidden scenes that have yet to be told by a walkthrough or by a wiki page.
I look forward to your responses.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-30 17:02:15 by ajthedj747 »

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
Re: Hidden Scenes in Final Fantasy VII
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-30 15:57:11 »
thanks for sharing. I am now too far to try it myself but will on next playthrough.

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-30 18:17:46 »
You are welcome. During your current play through, @Dark_Ansem, you may come across some hidden scenes on Disc Three. Could you share your save file with me and others on Mediafire.com or Google Drive?

rewriter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-02 13:46:38 »
I had no idea, never stumbled upon that after all these years.
My favorite are those ballsy runs across the shallows and hoping that you timed it right

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-02 13:50:20 »
It isn't that brilliant.... 

But the dialogue is in the world map file and can be edited by touphscript.  I did wonder where that dialogue occurred though.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-02 17:56:10 »
None of you ever tried to bypass Kalm before?!  I guess I shouldn't act like I've always known about this though haha.  I played through the game probably 20 times or so before I found this.  I am trying to remember if it happens if you don't have Tifa in your party...idk.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-04-02 18:42:09 »
I tried to bypass Kalm but I got across without a choco.... (something one of my updates will be fixing... speed up the Midgardsormr so you cannot avoid it).  In fact it isn't that hard to kill it when you first meet it if you use poison.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-02 18:43:53 by DLPB »

FF7Remastered

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-04-02 22:20:39 »
Yes you can do this even if you don't have tifa in the party. Even with Aerith or Red XIII in the party. After Midgar just go straight to Chocobo Farm to get a Chocobo then try to get across the marsh to the cave. Then Cloud will ask the Chocobo to wait for him. I wonder why we couldn't do the same later on though. But at least when you own a chocobo then it won't leave. You can't skip Kalm because you will miss out PHS feature.   

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-04-02 22:22:26 »
You would also miss out on a massive amount of the plot.

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-04-03 02:34:14 »
Yes you can do this even if you don't have tifa in the party. Even with Aerith or Red XIII in the party. After Midgar just go straight to Chocobo Farm to get a Chocobo then try to get across the marsh to the cave. Then Cloud will ask the Chocobo to wait for him. I wonder why we couldn't do the same later on though. But at least when you own a chocobo then it won't leave. You can't skip Kalm because you will miss out PHS feature.
Really? Huh, I will have to try this. Thanks for the information. Does anyone else know any secret scenes?

FF7Remastered

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-04-03 03:21:17 »
I don't know if these are secrets, but I will just list some of the stuffs that a lot of people who played this game didn't know:

1. You can skip the midgar zolom by saving the game inside the marsh. So just walk a few steps. Get to menu. And save the game. When you load the game you will be at the same position. Just rinse and repeat and you can reach the Mythril Cave.
2. When you reach Cosmo Canyon, there is a man at the far corner of the scene telling you that he comes to study about the Planet. But after you fight in the Gi Cave and are about to leave, if you talk to that man again, he will reveal that it is him who fixes the buggy for you. And you have a choice to give him 1000 gil as payment, lol.
3. In Junon Port, after you show your skills in front of Rufus, and everyone goes into the cargo ship, if you try to go back to the door instead of going into the cargo ship, cloud will be forced to go into the ship by Red XIII. And he also explains briefly how he disguised and got into ship
4. In the Honey Bee Inn, if you go to make-up room and talk to the last Honey Bee women, then keep talking to her because she will try to say hi to you, and then you can ask her to put make up on your face lol
5. On the way to Corel, when you past the rail tracks there is a small path that leads down, it looks like it leads to nowhere but if you keep going down you will find a cave with a man who will be very surprised to see you because he though no one could get there. There are quite a few of items in there to. Also when reach a cliff beside the rail tracks try climbing up because you will find a nest of phoenix downs. If you take the items Tifa will say that your hair looks like a chocobo.
6. If you go on a date will Tifa, when you get on the stage keep pissing off her by choosing lame choices, and in the end select the choice to home. She will give you a slap and kick the dragon king.
7. You can go back to the Corel Prison using your buggy. If you get lost, a Chocobo Carriage takes you back to the buggy
8. After you return to Wall Market to climb up to Shinra HQ, go to Corneo's mansion first, and go back to the basement room. You can have a choice to free one of his lackeys. He will explain what happened to Don Corneo
9. There is a letter in the table in Tifa's room, explaning why Nibelheim incident was covered up
10. When you get back to Midgar in disc 2, try climbing up the HQ by foot and you will find a Behemoth Horn halfway

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #11 on: 2013-04-03 03:58:46 »
Aren't there multiple hidden pages scattered throughout Nibelheim?  And read the books in the basement where Sephy hung out while he went crazy.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-04-08 23:40:29 »
None of this is new information, but some of it is quite obscure and very very missable. If you're looking for deleted scenes and coverage of some of the very missable ones, you should check out Shademp's unused text series on The Lifestream. It's a fascinating read if you're interested in what wasn't put in the game.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #13 on: 2013-04-09 02:02:09 »
I can finally see some qhimm members being credited there and I'm glad about that!

Once, I posted here a random link of an ign coverage of fun re-makes where some frustratingly completely random games were covered except for FFVII of course... .

I posted on their comment section about FFVII and all the work that's been done in Bootleg configurator and noone thumbed it up... That's a shame, behalf of most RPG remake lovers around the world mostly, for such a lot of years huge amount of work. Not just in this article though (I am seriously not intended to appear as a fanboy maniac) BUT.T also not in any popular gaming covering website globally.

Well that also proves of course the shallow gaming audience ign gets for visitors in its majority (with the rest of the popular gaming industry conserved websites) and the "taboos" that still occur for FFVII modding on behalf of most gamers, which I believe has, in a major part, passed through the Square Enix infringement policies. So ridiculous for our era's fan modding standards imo (don't do this, don't copy that... FRuCK you Square, noone's going to sell your precious frucking gamyyy, we want to do your work for free so... fruck off... go deal with your new president... you guys have funk it up for so many years... ^rage^)!

At this point I'd love to give a huge heads up to "Rockstar", though, which provides such an "orgasmic" freedom to it's modding community!

(and after my rant I'd love to move on :P :P)

Hopefully Otaku has made a nice move last year promoting the forums and the Bootleg configurator in one of their article about the re-mastered modification that's been worked on by qhimm members! But one reference is not enough for me. FFVII is a game that most senior RPG players are still chatting about all around online communities (when they are given the chance too of course...). Ιt's the secret desire of an old gamer, the sparkle that awaits to inflame when there's the chance (and leave the bullsh*t talking about those who - pretend they- are ff professors and have "discovered all the ingame flaws" and that "it is overated"... no funk that... they are acting like a married man in a fashion modeling event who tries to hide his puberty desires... nobody believes him when acting like a judge for the "catwalk"...just help them recall the days when they were enjoying gaming  without the deep reviewing level). With the recent technological evolution we have become greedy gamers indeed... I acknowledge that (I personally cannot even play todays games if I do not install the right Sweetfx preset on 1920x1080, or the latest highest resolution texture pack... even if I run in 28 fps in my poor GTX550Ti, how stupidly greedy have I evolved as a gamer.. while I was playing Myst 1,2,3 for hours without complaining for the stupid pixel location bugs back then).

My wish though is to watch the work that's been taken part here, being promoted openly by the huge gaming websites like ign and/or gamespot and more skillful programmers/modelers/artists/designers be attracted to deal with FF modification seriously enough to bring FFVII and more FF modified games into completion (like FFIX, VIII i.e.). I hope and pray the new Square president reconsider all those elements as he stated and walk towards the peak of success alongside the fans and not fade away alone in oblivion with financial profit goals... That (financial profit) is about to come along with the majority of the fans satisfaction achievement...

P.S.: Thanks for anyone reading and sorry for the long monologue and bad use of English in some parts...

To the modders!
« Last Edit: 2013-04-09 02:32:19 by LeonhartGR »

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-04-12 05:23:36 »
Nice work everyone. Especially you, @FF7Remastered  ;-) . Thank you for that @LeonhartGR  :cry: :?: .
If anyone else can think of anything besides what has been revealed so far in this topic, please feel free to post it. Otherwise, I think the whole game has been fully uncovered scene-wise. I must say, I did not know about some of these hidden scenes. Now I shall go back and experience them.