Author Topic: Interesting...........  (Read 29315 times)

Zophixan

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #50 on: 2002-06-06 22:26:37 »
I think its mpeg4, it has dvd like menus though, I'll see if I can take a pic.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Interesting...........
« Reply #51 on: 2002-06-07 04:08:58 »
There is no player (DVD or VCD player) that can play MPEG-4 encoded movies.  Perhaps because, MPEG-4 has yet to be fully standardized.

VCD uses MPEG-1 and DVDs use MPEG-2.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #52 on: 2002-06-07 08:07:20 »
Quote from: FFTactic_Boy
Well yeah I am pretty sure 'bout it; because I have a friend from Imperial London who has just went back to KL, he bought himself a PS2 (His is original though) and he told me that it is possible to mod it. I've also got a few Penang contacts in my ICQ (my ex-schoolmates) who told me that it is possible to mod PS2 as well.

I don't think you quite get what I meant.
If you mean "modded" PS2 instead or "pirated" PS2 then you are right, we do have pre-modded PS2's here in KL as well.
The term "pirated" PS2 refers to a PS2 that was wholly created by a 3rd party and not Sony.
Mind you, "pirated" PS1's do exist in M'sia. They're about RM100 cheaper than the originals.

I don't understand the bit where you say about price.. I mean if it costs RM12 for a game (DVD), wouldn't you save more than buying an original DVD (Probably RM170 for new titles??<Conversion from UK pounds>)

I meant the price of the PS2, not the DVD's.

And a PS2 costs RM800 now (that's according to my Imperial friend heh  :) )

And he is right.

Zophixan

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #53 on: 2002-06-07 08:49:27 »
I just put in the tomb raider disk and checked its properties, its a few gigbytes!!! WTF!! It works in my dvd player btw.

atzn

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #54 on: 2002-06-07 19:09:35 »
Quote from: The SaiNt
Well yeah I am pretty sure 'bout it; because I have a friend from Imperial London who has just went back to KL, he bought himself a PS2 (His is original though) and he told me that it is possible to mod it. I've also got a few Penang contacts in my ICQ (my ex-schoolmates) who told me that it is possible to mod PS2 as well.

I don't think you quite get what I meant.
If you mean "modded" PS2 instead or "pirated" PS2 then you are right, we do have pre-modded PS2's here in KL as well.
The term "pirated" PS2 refers to a PS2 that was wholly created by a 3rd party and not Sony.
Mind you, "pirated" PS1's do exist in M'sia. They're about RM100 cheaper than the originals.

Oh .. seems that I've mixed up things here.. I get your point.... yeah there are modded PS2s... ok now I understand about the pirate PS2... well yeah, I don't think there is a pirate PS2 in Malaysia. I didn't even know that there is a pirated PS1..  :lol:

Joey

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #55 on: 2002-06-10 07:20:22 »
*Deleted for the sake of my face and also everyone's view about me*

J*** H*******

Interesting...........
« Reply #56 on: 2002-06-10 08:13:28 »
Message.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Interesting...........
« Reply #57 on: 2002-06-10 09:20:58 »
Oh dear indeed. The irony of that first sentence is almost too much to bear.

Joey, did your parents sell your brain for extra income or something?

Joey

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #58 on: 2002-06-10 09:34:27 »
*Deleted for the sake of my face and also everyone's view about me*

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
Interesting...........
« Reply #59 on: 2002-06-10 11:19:54 »
So ... we shouldn't trust websites or magazines ... we should believe *you*? Okaaaaaay....

Shall we say, Joey, the term "bullshit" leaps to mind.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #60 on: 2002-06-10 14:13:54 »
Damn, the perception of the M'sian average IQ level has dropped dramatically on this site again.

*hides in a corner*

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Interesting...........
« Reply #61 on: 2002-06-10 14:14:02 »
Joey, why aren't you happy in the real world? And why do you insist on polluting this forum with your crap? You're either getting your kicks out of annoying people, or too stupid for your own good.

I've cut you a lot of slack in the past, but if you start arguing that we don't know what we're talking about, you have no place here.

But just for fun, a quick analysis of your post reveals the following:
1. You don't know how a DVD works
2. You don't know how a TV works
3. You don't know how DirectX works
4. You don't know how a game works

And still, you open your mouth... In short, your argument is that the Xbox outputs data directly from the DVD to the TV, whereas the PS2 outputs data from the DVD to the TV. Okay, good point. And no CPU or GPU involved, I take it (good thing, you probably never heard of any of them).

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Interesting...........
« Reply #62 on: 2002-06-10 17:25:53 »
Unfortunately, Because of this, the graphics will have to be "redrawn" in the TV, resulting in quality loss. Xbox elimated this problem by directly outputing the data directly from the DVD to the TV(DirectX techonology).

Ok, so, the TV has some kind of 3D hardware that it uses to re-render the image?  Is that what we're getting at here?

Qhimm's right.  :-p

atzn

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #63 on: 2002-06-10 18:49:01 »
Quote from: Joey
FFTactic_Boy:
Beats me. It is RM20 in Petaling Street.

About PS2/Xbox

So far, only game developers know. For your info(and if you are crazy enough to dismantle your PS2 like my friend) there is a hard disk like device which reads graphics from the DVD at a high speed and then outputs it to the TV, also at a very high speed.

Well..... you assume that your friend dismantles a PS2 and he knows how it works??? Wow.. so if I were to dismantle a PC and show it to someone who doesn't know how it works.... do I expect him to know how it works??

So everything on the net, magazines, are lies??? So you can't tell if your PC is running at XXXX MHz without taking out and taking a good look at the processor chip??....

Dude.... get a life man.... sigh maybe you need to take a walk or something..  :) You're thinking too far..... and ermm... well I guess I better shut up now.  

Edit - whoops, misread Joey's post..... he said it is a hard disk like device... not a hard disk  :P
(Deleted away two or three irrelevant sentences)

chowderhead

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocites.com/bigchowderhead
Interesting...........
« Reply #64 on: 2002-06-11 02:20:29 »
Quote from: The SaiNt
Damn, the perception of the M'sian average IQ level has dropped dramatically on this site again.

*hides in a corner*

Nah, we know better.  I'm sure that he's merely some sort of genetic anomoly, and anything he posts won't be leveled against proper Malaysia as a whole.

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
Interesting...........
« Reply #65 on: 2002-06-11 03:34:41 »
*Sigh*

. . . even though every one else has torn this post apart, I just CAN'T sit by and NOT say something about this.

First of all, does anyone here, have an exact idea on how a PS2 works, other than reading from magazines?)

I don't know about 'anyone' else, but obviously you have no clue.

there is a hard disk like device which reads graphics from the DVD at a high speed and then outputs it to the TV, also at a very high speed.

Joey, do you realize how little sense this sentence makes?  Do you even have any idea what a hard disk is?  For that matter, do you even have any idea what a TV is?

Unfortunately, Because of this, the graphics will have to be "redrawn" in the TV, resulting in quality loss.

Redrawn in the TV, eh?  and how does the TV 'redraw' the graphics?  With what mechanism does it accomplish this feet?  Please tell me Joey.  I'd really like to know.  I thought I knew what a TV did, but I guess I was wrong?

(since I know you can't detect it, that last paragraph was blatant sarcasm.)

Xbox elimated this problem by directly outputing the data directly from the DVD to the TV(DirectX techonology).

Joey, what is DirectX?  you can't answer that question, can you . . . actually, I bet you can, but it won't be any where NEAR right, so just DON'T answer.

In fact, for the good of this forum . . . no for the good of the world . . . don't talk . . . ever . . . again.  Just shut up.  Maybe people will start liking you then.  Actually, just forget I said that last sentence, it won't happen . . .  but still don't talk.

Joey

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #66 on: 2002-06-11 05:50:17 »
There I go again, saying something that I shouldn't. Maybe it should be limited to my friends and the guys in ICQ.

Sorry guys.

Joey

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Interesting...........
« Reply #67 on: 2002-06-11 06:59:07 »
Damn .. Joey killed the posts before i had a chance to tear him up too.. i dont know how many times i have said shut up joey.. naive joey... but every village needs an idiot..

you know what i like about the people here.. the intelligence levels vary vastly.. if i dont know something i just shut up or ask... when i make statements i can back them up.. or atleast i say.. i think that is right.. no one is always right.. well.. actually i am starting to think Qhimm is .. Jari.. Fice... i dont think i have ever seen an unintelligent post by any of them... Saint.. In fact... all the mods.. hmm.. mebbe thats why they are MoDz......

Joey

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #68 on: 2002-06-11 07:58:14 »
Well, my intellegence varies according to my mood. I was having a good one when I won in a contest and blurted everything out. And now, I'm more sober and correcting the mistakes I make.

Having a split personality is tough, huh.

vvalentine

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #69 on: 2002-06-11 11:07:00 »
Dudes, come on, cut him some slack, he is still a kid and doesn't even have a clue what he is talking about.  You should all know by now what the type of comments he makes.  Just let him be.

Lets not start to make this thread into a Joey bashing fest.

However, let me enjoy a little bit of it.

Xbox elimated this problem by directly outputing the data directly from the DVD to the TV(DirectX techonology).

O_o  WTF are you talking about?  So you are telling us that a graphics card and a CPU are now useless in a PC or video game console system?

Having a split personality is tough, huh.

As Caddberry says
Quote from: Caddberry
Shut up, Joey

Well, I just had to release that from my system, but really, Joey, no offense, don't post about something you don't really know or pay the price (flaming).

-vvalentine

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Interesting...........
« Reply #70 on: 2002-06-11 11:26:45 »
Joey: 1) dont belive everything what somebody says.
2) dont tell  'its truth, i swear, my friend told it to me'
3) dont try to argue about thing you know little about

hm, should make your life easier. i hope

eerrrr

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #71 on: 2002-06-11 15:44:19 »
Joey, don't post stuff you don't know to be true, unless you're asking the people here for some more info about it.

I'm not too good when it comes to things like you mentioned, so instead of posting "EVERYONE I KNOW SOMEFING!" I either question if it's a ridiculous thing to post, or if someone on the board might know better.

Oh yeah, it was kinda late to delete your post.

Zophixan

• View Profile
Interesting...........
« Reply #72 on: 2002-06-11 17:17:04 »
Split personality? ok.......

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Interesting...........
« Reply #73 on: 2002-06-11 17:33:56 »
I'm quite amazed some of you people are still defending Joey. "My intelligence varies according to my mood", he says. Well by now, me banning Joey's ass out of here varies according to my mood. He obviously still needs this place more than it needs him; I expect him to act to conserve his own interests then. No, I will not cut him any more slack, if you're old enough to type you're old enough to behave properly and to learn from your errors. There are no excuses left anymore.

So, Joey. Catch me in a bad mood with shit like this, and you're out of here. Feel like trying your luck?

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Interesting...........
« Reply #74 on: 2002-06-11 18:39:10 »
Well... That's... definant.

Sephiroth 3D @ School