Author Topic: Getting Controller DPad to work  (Read 2115 times)

ShobogunLover

• View Profile
Getting Controller DPad to work
« on: 2019-07-14 01:35:54 »
I have been having a constant battle with this. I don't know what else to do but just ask for assistance.

I have all of my mods working correctly for the most part, my issue is just with the controller now. I have tried three different types of remappers (Joy2Key, Inputmapper, antimicro) and none of them will allow the L2, R2, and DPad to function while FFVII is running. It's like the keys are just locked out.

I have also tried plugging the controller in after the game starts to no avail.

It's just like the game is fighting the controller itself, because I can use my keyboard just fine while the controller is plugged in. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I am using the steam release of FFVII. Not sure what else information I should give that would be relevant.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Getting Controller DPad to work
« Reply #1 on: 2019-07-14 12:55:47 »
FF7 is old and only can read so many inputs, it will always use AXIS 0 and AXIS 1 for x/y. That doesn't matter as you should be able to use the buttons if you use something like joy2key. Check the controller is working correctly.

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-15 17:04:47 »
I have been having a constant battle with this. I don't know what else to do but just ask for assistance.

I have all of my mods working correctly for the most part, my issue is just with the controller now. I have tried three different types of remappers (Joy2Key, Inputmapper, antimicro) and none of them will allow the L2, R2, and DPad to function while FFVII is running. It's like the keys are just locked out.

I have also tried plugging the controller in after the game starts to no avail.

It's just like the game is fighting the controller itself, because I can use my keyboard just fine while the controller is plugged in. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I am using the steam release of FFVII. Not sure what else information I should give that would be relevant.
Run Antimicro or Joy2Key as admin. It will save you a headache.
EDIT: Link for context.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-15 17:09:11 by paladin181 »

ShobogunLover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-07-16 22:17:21 »
Run Antimicro or Joy2Key as admin. It will save you a headache.
EDIT: Link for context.
I actually finally got it to work with Jot2Key! :) Thank you so much for the link and the assistance!

However it was not running it as admin that helped. I had been doing that. I needed to change in the settings to have it activate for specifically the ff7_bc.exe. It's CRAZY because all other games I have ever played I never needed to do that. Even FFVIII. This is a first. Buuuut at least it's fixed! :D

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile