Author Topic: [CONTEST]Offical Team Avalanche Opening Screen Submission  (Read 60817 times)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
Since this project has come quite a long way, i figure it's kinda odd we haven't yet replaced the opening screen. I'd like to see what some of you can come up with to fill this most improtant of roles. Preferably, i'd like to see the name team avalanche somehow incorporated into your image. Other than that, it's open season on whatever you can come up with.  Please keep images at LEAST 1280x1024, preferably even higher so we don't lose any details. The focus of the image doesn't have to be team avalanche, but it'd be nice if it appears somewhere in the image ;)

here's an example of one i just created, sans the team avalanche name.

don't worry about getting your image ingame if you don't know how, i have everything setup so i can swap in new ones as i please.
The best submissions will be picked, and if we get enough, maybe a vote to let people pick the best one.

if you need help finding source images, or large versions of something you already have, i recommend:
http://www.tineye.com/

Good luck, have fun!
Lee
« Last Edit: 2009-12-13 18:27:36 by pyrozen »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Offical Team Avalanche Opening Screen Submission
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-13 00:27:01 »
That's a nice pic, but wouldn't it be better to remake the normal one in a higher resolution?

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-13 00:36:27 »
That's a nice pic, but wouldn't it be better to remake the normal one in a higher resolution?

possibly, but i'd like to entertain the idea of an entirely new one as well. The black background w/buster sword is neat, but i can think of so many more possibilities beyond that. Not to say a really nice looking one woiuldn't be great, but i think the best one ever made won't ever be given permission to be used.

Lee

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-13 03:13:08 »
Interesting idea, I actually thought of this a while ago. As of right now me and timu are of differing opinions on this matter. He wants to stick to a more original look, while i dont mind some artistic license for the title screen. If people do plan on making a title screen for team avalanche just dont too overboard promoting team avalanche. Keep ff7 as the main focus.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-12-13 15:51:03 »
APZ's buster sword in high def in the exact same position as the original.  There, it's decided  :wink:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-12-13 17:33:49 »
*cracks knuckles* time to get to work then :P

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-12-13 17:59:17 »
*cracks knuckles* time to get to work then :P

Well I WAS working on one but I can see I'm out of league here. Oh well I will return to my hole...
« Last Edit: 2009-12-13 18:01:55 by Mako »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-12-13 18:02:41 »
don't let that discourage you!

timu is great at what he does, but that doesn't mean you don't have a chance.  Even if your submission isn't picked, you could always release it independently and others could still use it.

Lee

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST]Offical Team Avalanche Opening Screen Submission
« Reply #8 on: 2009-12-13 18:38:54 »
you should definately work on something, its always good for multiple people to work on something as open ended as the title screen. Our ideas can bounce off eachother, and make us do even greater things.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-12-14 05:13:20 »

I actually think that this one is already perfect (just add the project name)!  :wink:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-12-14 05:52:12 »
does that one only work at a certain resolution or does it stretch and shrink appropriately?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #11 on: 2009-12-14 14:49:12 »
What if you were to put it black? How would it look in black?
Btw, it's awesome as it is.  :-)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-12-14 14:50:09 »
It kind of bugs me that vincents face is covered by the cursor, and in black, the text would lose its effect, and probably a bunch of other stuff.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-12-14 18:10:00 »
It seems that since everything else in the game is getting updated to look more modern... an old picture of FF7 would be somewhat inappropriate.  Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this though...

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-12-14 19:34:25 »
does that one only work at a certain resolution or does it stretch and shrink appropriately?

it stretches an shrinks with resolution, assuming you stay at a 4:3 aspect.  If anyone wants this i already released it in game tweaking. I don't really think it's right for the opening screen for the TA overhaul, but I'll keep it for now.

It kind of bugs me that vincents face is covered by the cursor, and in black, the text would lose its effect, and probably a bunch of other stuff.
I agree as well, i really just made this as an example, i didn't plan on people actually wanting this one :lol:

Lee

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-12-14 20:03:15 »
Well here goes my first shot don't be too harsh. I've also got one with lighting effects.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-20 02:46:09 by Mako »

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #16 on: 2009-12-14 20:13:00 »
Now that is a great job Mako, but show it in game next time so we know where the new game/continue falls. Personally I love muted tones so it works for me. It seems to convey allot of emotion.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-12-14 20:39:22 »
I'd love to but I don't know how to do that just yet I'm trying to figure out how...But it should be fine there is plenty of space.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-12-14 20:39:36 »
ye should note, the game isnt widescreen, so you should take that into account when making these images.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-12-14 20:41:59 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9296.0

download the custom start screen above, and insert buster.tex into your menu_us.lgp(or place it into your menu directory if your using direct mode)
Then place buster.png into {ff7 root}/textures/WMRP/menu
Replace buster.PNG with whatever you want and it will appear on your start screen(it has to be a PNG file though)

Lee

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-12-14 20:57:40 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9296.0

download the custom start screen above, and insert buster.tex into your menu_us.lgp(or place it into your menu directory if your using direct mode)
Then place buster.png into {ff7 root}/textures/WMRP/menu
Replace buster.PNG with whatever you want and it will appear on your start screen(it has to be a PNG file though)

Lee

I do this , but appear very small....

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #21 on: 2009-12-14 21:01:44 »
What about mine :D

Well, I could remove the text in the second one ;)
And here it is:

I made this wallpaper 2 weeks ago or something like that. Say, what you want, and this will be what you get :P
I'll make a more specific "AVALANCHE" background, if you want ;)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-12-14 21:10:59 »
Alot of good images are showing up, but remember widescreen isn't supported by this game. It will squish your hard work together and make it look like ass.

hmm, do you have the latest version of Aali's driver? I seem to recall something odd with an older version but i may be mistaken. Wierd that the new image appears, but is still small.  Usually you'll get no image at all, or you'll see the test texture.

Lee

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #23 on: 2009-12-14 21:13:29 »
Fantastic...., but they both use the AC Cloud. That is a problem with purists. The second and third are both good, but that high collar is a dead give away. For an AC mod they fit but not an upgrade to the original game(however they are in the correct directiion).

I'm still going to push this as the best best image.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-12-14 21:15:00 »
Alot of good images are showing up, but remember widescreen isn't supported by this game. It will squish your hard work together and make it look like ass.

hmm, do you have the latest version of Aali's driver? I seem to recall something odd with an older version but i may be mistaken. Wierd that the new image appears, but is still small.  Usually you'll get no image at all, or you'll see the test texture.

Lee

I like the third one. But I don't think zack should be on the front you can play the game with only seeing him a few times maybe sephiroth instead. Also when I put my image in game I get this weird cut off it only show's part of Aeris I've already tried to resize the image any suggestions. Got's the latest of Aali's drivers.