Author Topic: Dawn of Souls-like mod for ff7 - jointly with gameplay overhaul  (Read 3809 times)

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
do you believe it would be a feasible idea?
for everyone, this is what I talk about
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_of_Chaos

a bonus dungeon with bridged content from all of the series :P

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
possible yes
feasible, no
tl;dr at the end

in theory you could recycle a lot of fields ( with a LOT of work ) and omit a few others ( again, with a lot of work ) to make space in the flevel for those 'bonus dungeon' maps
then, someone would have to design these maps first. making a map from scratch is absurd work. I'm not sure anyone has even done it because so far all the maps are basically reworks of existing ones so they didn't have to make the entire walkmesh, scripting and god knows what else. And of course you need to do those. For every map. I'm actually not sure how the over-head camera is designed to work in the script code, so thats something you need to figure out.
and then obviously, new enemies, which all need models made, AI made and so on. And then there is the limitation of space in the kernel, where you would likely have to omit some items to make space for new ones. And there is the same problem but much more severe with the weapon and armors, too.

tl;dr: it's too much work for anyone or even any small team. Maybe when QGears is complete. Some day.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
right, I keep forgetting about Q-gears, who could enable wonders to be done, such as new characters, right?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
I'm not holding my breath for what can and can't QGears do
who knows when it'll be done and even then, who knows how difficult it will be to operate and create new content.
I think I pretty much answered your question in my first post.