Author Topic: After Yuffie battle crash  (Read 8861 times)

B1G_D

After Yuffie battle crash
« on: 2005-12-16 15:43:06 »
I'm tryin to add Yuffie to the party, by encountering her near Junon Harbor on CD1. The battle loads up fine "mystery ninja!", but when I defeat her, I get the experience screen, then after that it exits to desktop. I haven't seen any1 else with this problem. I'm using the original game, with a full install. Patched with 1.02 and the chocobo patch. Windows XP & Intel.

Any1 got ideas?

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-16 16:25:05 »
What compatability mode are you running the game on?

B1G_D

« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-17 15:19:21 »
I haven't selected any compatability mode.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-17 21:25:30 »
I would assume you know how to set compatibility mode, but if you don't, right-click the Final Fantasy VII executable and go to the "Details" tab (not sure what it is called, it is the second tab, though) and check the compatibility mode box. I set it for Windows 98 mode and the speed of my game at the slow parts finally caught up with the normal speed.

For instance, my game would run really slow and glitchy on the world map (and crash inconveniently oftenly) prior to setting the compatibility mode, but after I did, it runs perfect. Maybe this would solve your problem?

B1G_D

« Reply #4 on: 2005-12-18 20:12:23 »
BRILLIANT!!!!!
Everything works perfect now!!!!! No glitches no speed problems, nothing!!!!!! Thanks alot guys and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!