Author Topic: can't control chocobos?  (Read 4959 times)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
can't control chocobos?
« on: 2009-09-05 22:12:03 »
I'm having a very odd error within my FF7 game.  My controls work fine everywhere else in the game, but whenever i race chocobos, my controls force me to go to the left.   This sucks because it's nearly impossible for the computer to win class A races, and i cannot manually drive because my chocobo wants to make a hairpin left on the straightaway.  Anyone else ever experienced this?  This is the only area of the game where my controls don't work correctly.

lee

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
Re: can't control chocobos?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-06 00:39:27 »
I'm having a very odd error within my FF7 game.  My controls work fine everywhere else in the game, but whenever i race chocobos, my controls force me to go to the left.

What are you using to play the game? Keyboard or Controller?

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-06 01:03:33 »
well, im using a gamepad. odly enough, right after i posted this the game is working normally now.  Go figure, it's been jacked up since i installed a year ago, i guess i just needed to ask for help and the game took mercy on me.

lee

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-06 22:58:57 »
It might just be a joystick miscalibration problem. If it ever start to act up again, goto the "game controllers" config in the control panel (classic view ftw!) and re-calibrate your gamepad.