Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1089287 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #675 on: 2010-06-14 06:07:35 »
What's up?  The OP is by ARMs???
This isn't the release thread

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2010-06-14 06:18:11 »
I was wondering if clouds limit learning is glitched in hardcore.
Barret and Tifa have 4 limits, almost 5
Cloud has 2 and I've gotten SOOOO many kills with him.And used braver a LOT.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2010-06-14 10:22:59 »
What's up?  The OP is by ARMs???
This isn't the release thread

Oh, right...

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #678 on: 2010-06-14 10:52:13 »
I was wondering if clouds limit learning is glitched in hardcore.
Barret and Tifa have 4 limits, almost 5
Cloud has 2 and I've gotten SOOOO many kills with him.And used braver a LOT.

No, but it depends if you've edited the kernel. I made the Buster Sword have the same effect as Vincent's Death Penalty; the more kills the more damage. In order to not make the damage too low in the beginning I had to alter how many kills he starts with. Cloud starts with 768 kills. 888 kills open the 2nd level; 1088 the 3rd level.
in other words:
2nd level requires 120 total kills.
3rd level requires 320 total kills.

I did it like this 'cause he is the character you use most by default. But when I look at those numbers again, I must admit it's a bit too much compared to the others. For instance, Cloud's 3rd level requires double as many kills as Barret's 3rd level.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2010-06-14 19:12:50 »
Im glad you gave mne info cause I was at 330 kills with level 1. I edited the save with black chocobo cause I messed up my other save and had to remanufacture one, so thats prolly the reason. And the buster sword does damage based on kills? Like how much? I have 500 kills with cloud, would that make it better than hardedge?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod tips....
« Reply #680 on: 2010-06-14 21:43:28 »
Ive been searching the forums and I dont wanna miss anything cool gjoerulv put into the mod.

I am now heading to junon and have found only these new encounters...

Green guard with the shinra guards in the train tunnel to the 2nd reactor.
Locke,Theo,and Venus for keycard 66
Junon Patron here outside junon...

Im sure Ive missed a lot of other goodis and given the junon patrons EXTREMELY low encounter rate I will prolly miss most new encounters if I dont know about em before hand.

If anyone has any tips for me on where the new encounters/ items are, please post em here. As I said I dont wanna miss out.

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod tips....
« Reply #681 on: 2010-06-14 23:32:12 »
stuff that belongs in programming feedback
You are really having trouble understanding what goes in which forum I see.   

Something like this post, based entirely on 1 mod, would go in that program/mod's thread in programming feedback.    Yes it can go in General, but so can most everything else.   If a thread clearly has a specific place, it should go there though.  General is just a catch all for the less specific questions or comments.

Topic merged
« Last Edit: 2010-06-14 23:34:23 by obesebear »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod tips....
« Reply #682 on: 2010-06-15 05:55:09 »
Ive been searching the forums and I dont wanna miss anything cool gjoerulv put into the mod.

I am now heading to junon and have found only these new encounters...

Green guard with the shinra guards in the train tunnel to the 2nd reactor.
Locke,Theo,and Venus for keycard 66
Junon Patron here outside junon...

Im sure Ive missed a lot of other goodis and given the junon patrons EXTREMELY low encounter rate I will prolly miss most new encounters if I dont know about em before hand.

If anyone has any tips for me on where the new encounters/ items are, please post em here. As I said I dont wanna miss out.

There is a new, quite common enemy in the 1st reactor. If you did some leveling there I'm sure you ran into it. It's named "robot" or something.
You met the green guard. Before you meet th dead president (lol), there is a new random enemy at the blood trails. Similar to the hedgehog pie. Also quite common, so if you did a couple of fight here you wouldn't miss it.
Did you fight the silver chocobo?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2010-06-15 06:45:12 »
Yeah I did for choco mog, but I have select spots in the game for leveling, so I skip those that do not pertain... I am now at gold saucer. Can you tell me any rare enemies I may have missed or can look forward to? Just dont wanna miss em, your ai rocks

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #684 on: 2010-06-15 13:27:37 »
Yeah I did for choco mog, but I have select spots in the game for leveling, so I skip those that do not pertain... I am now at gold saucer. Can you tell me any rare enemies I may have missed or can look forward to? Just dont wanna miss em, your ai rocks

Most of the summon materai got bosses, so you won't miss those. There is a new enemy at the beaches at the gold saucer and costa del sol areas: Cazador. This enemy is also located here -> sucky vid.

Also at the train tracks in corel (the area you fall through the floors), there is a new enemy. Toxicadendron or something like that.

There also was a new enemy on the boat. Navy Prop.

You'll meat goblins near Gonganga.
One a bit harder enemy to encounter would be one in the Gi cave. it's exactly like Aps, only red.
On the bridge in mount Nibel also a new one.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2010-06-15 16:22:23 »
Cool I apreciate that, by the time I read this I already missed some, also I am trying quite unsuccesfully to win a battle with junon alarm. Trying to use loco weed to kill the enemies...(My only strategy)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #686 on: 2010-06-15 20:50:27 »
Try encountering 'em with full limit.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2010-06-15 22:20:29 »
I just cant kill them. I so want to level up seriously too much lol. Right now My story is at right before gongaga and Im lvl 32...3 shinra alpha's, 2x hp plus on everyone, speed plus on everyone...

What would be the best area to lvl in atm? Same as the original game?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #688 on: 2010-06-15 22:51:40 »
Basically where you kill enemies faster (xp pr min). If the enemies gives you too much trouble, or if takes long time, even if they give more xp it may not be worth it. As I see your stats I don't think it's necessary though.
I recommend only to level if you're stuck. Too much leveling will make the game easy, but it's entirely up to you of course.  :)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2010-06-15 23:06:19 »
Sorry for so many posts but Im gonna grind, I just wanna lvl to kill midgar zolom for beta....

On another note, I love your mod, and it is great!

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #690 on: 2010-06-16 07:39:01 »
Sorry for so many posts but Im gonna grind, I just wanna lvl to kill midgar zolom for beta....

On another note, I love your mod, and it is great!

Glad you like it!  ;D
There is another enemy with beta at the coasts next to the forrest/ancient temple.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2010-06-23 23:23:52 »
Gjoerulv, did you happen to keep a changlog when you did this? I am having a problem morphing power sources, can't find the monster that gives em for the life of me.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #692 on: 2010-06-24 09:55:34 »
Gjoerulv, did you happen to keep a changlog when you did this? I am having a problem morphing power sources, can't find the monster that gives em for the life of me.

Try the sunken Gelnika. I didn't change much morph, steal and drop items. I certainly didn't add any source items on random enemies.

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2010-06-24 13:44:33 »
hmm. . .not sure if this would be the correct spot to put this, if not i'm sorry. :-P

I'm getting an error when going into the Well flashback (with tifa and cloud as kids)
and a dialog box pops up, unable to load ENFF.tak
and in the APP log it says ERROR: unhandeled exception.
and i cannot get any farther.

it is really annoying, this mod is great, except for this lil quirk i'm having with it.  :wink:

EDIT: well i was able to slip by the flash back by using the emergency save, however it happened again once i reached the second mako reactor, and this time the emergency save is not letting me slip by  :cry:
« Last Edit: 2010-06-24 15:00:01 by Klownboy »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2010-06-24 22:01:31 »
I know that .tak files are animation files but I don't know which character uses it. Have you installed mods that has something to do with the field??

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2010-06-24 22:41:31 »
well i just reinstalled FF7 xD
and no more problem  :wink:

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2010-06-26 02:26:35 »
well this patch is quite "hardcore" lol
i'm on the 2nd boss, lvls are 10,9, and 8
and Tifa is dead  :cry: and i have no phoenix downs. . .
and i can't beat the boss, he does like 300+ dmg to me, when my team only has around 400 hp

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 2010-06-26 05:22:49 »
Just level up and dont forget to steal when ya get it. I made it to level 63 before the end of disc one, and now I am at beginning of disc 2 going for lvl 99's with max stats.

Run around outside junon and steal from the junon patron until ya get some shinra alpha's, and increase your limits.(Dont use summons, I dont lol)

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2010-06-26 05:43:47 »
yeah, guess i'll just start over then xD
so i can get some potions lol
and i suppose i'll acctually have to lvl with this patch.

Blah

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 2010-06-29 09:43:06 »
Hi there

First, thanks a lot for this awesome mod! I wanted to start ff7 over, but was demotivated because of its lack of difficulty... That was before I discovered this!

But then, I have a question. I am running on the french version of FF7 (bought it a long time ago), and when I installed your mod, it said that "flevel.lgp is missing". So i searched for this file in my installation, and it happens that I have a file called fflevel.lgp, a quick search on internet learnt me that this file is for the french version... So, I renamed it to flevel.lgp, ran your patch again and it worked, and I named it back again to fflevel.lgp.

But I'm not sure whether it will work... I've read that patching flevel.lgp adds new bosses/monsters, will they be ok or will I encounter bugs?

Also, the game is half french half english, it is quite strange but I don't really mind (dialogs are in french, items are english...), though if someone knows how to turn everything to english (without downloading the whole game on torrent of course) it would be nice!

Again, thanks a lot for your mod, so far it is a great experience! I would never have believed that I would die one day on scorpion or air buster. The latter was a pain in the a** until I found the proper strategy... I was not using multiple saves, and I should really have bought an extra restore materia!