Author Topic: Zack - I'm seriously not kidding and other cool hints^  (Read 38460 times)

happsai

• View Profile
Re: Zack - I'm seriously not kidding and other cool hints^
« Reply #75 on: 2006-05-19 17:50:42 »
I'm wondering if the Sephy sword that can be won is actually another leftover from the original design of FF7.
In the original Japanese design (didn't get past beta stages), it was supposedly possible to resurrect Aeris which was necessary to access 2 out of 3 possible endings (the ending in the released version is the "bad" ending to my understanding).  With this plot removed from the official game, some items and miscellanious elements that became meaningless were left in the game.

Another example of a leftover item would be the "Underwater" materia which was in the Japanese version of the game even though there was no Emerald Weapon to fight.  It only has a purpose in the American version.  I think it was originally meant to  play a part in some sort of sidequest where cloud works with the guy in the slums pipe to resurrect Aeris.

This is all stuff I've read (may or may not be reliable).  What interested me was that there seems to be other leftover elements such as field areas that I never knew existed.  What program do you guys use to see this stuff, and is there any way of finding out exactly how these things were meant to be used and how it would play out?
What started as a rumour has gotten me interested in the untold story.   :roll:

Synergy Blades

« Reply #76 on: 2006-05-20 00:06:28 »
I think over the many times this notion has come up it's been said repeatedly that the idea of Aeris resurrection is plain rubbish, and always has been; it was never, ever, planned for Aeris to be "resurrectable".

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
:)
« Reply #77 on: 2006-05-20 02:55:58 »
Few things, Underwater materia is for nothing but Em. wep, and the masamune that everyone is saying thst you can't equip, I think iI have this, and Vincent uses it, I don't know why, also, it's just a normal gun...

Lazybones

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006-05-29 22:56:01 »
Your friend has played you for a fool.  Grats!   :lol:

E-Sephie

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008-09-07 11:28:00 »
Zack dies Dumb @$&%

Some Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008-09-08 18:21:35 »
These kind of rumours upset me.  Not because they always turn out to be false, or how stupid they are, but because of the total lack of evidence.  I mean, Photoshop isn't so hard to use, why not post some screenshots of Zack joining your party, or of Aeris coming back to life?  When people point out the hoax, they'll be less insulting about it, because you'll actually have provided them with something vaguely funny. 
Heck, go one step further and build a whole custom mod in which you can do all these things that are rumoured.  Release screenshots for massive publicity.  I'd do it, if I had the time.  Also, if I could code.  So basically, I will never do that.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008-09-08 20:02:36 »
The horse died a long time ago guys, no need to keep kicking.

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #82 on: 2008-09-08 23:01:43 »
But its so much easier now...

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008-10-13 02:17:22 »
I'd like to see the instructions posted up for my testing! :-D

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008-10-24 03:17:19 »
This thread is amusing!  Not just reading about all the "fantasies" of Final Fantasy, but also seeing the way some people react!

I'm not accusing anyone - just noting down my observation.