Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4902808 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #1750 on: 2015-07-28 03:38:37 »
4k? What are her stats + equipment? Sounds a lot higher than what I was getting.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: 2015-07-28 08:21:53 »
level 22, grand gloves, plat bangle, power wrist, 86 str

full yeah level 2 limits 1k x4

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: 2015-07-28 08:23:09 »
Brief update!

Spent some time trying to get Thundercrackers to cast Trine. I am bad at fumbling through triggers when the desire sensor is watching me. No Trine, only sadness.

Fumbled about in Rocket Town, and am now convinced the man frantically tapping his foot with the drill arm in his kitchen is some kind of murderer.

Also finding Mr. Smile in someone's bathroom is both hilarious and weird. And then I had to make the trip back to Fort Condor...for five X-Potions. More Zolom-senpai attempts next time, but I'm pretty tired tonight.

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: 2015-07-28 08:35:02 »
@Sega Chief

I am making an IRO file version of 1.35 (will be testing it today). If functional, do you want it to add to your OP? (it gives full credit to you and links back to the OP in the description)

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: 2015-07-28 09:21:39 »

Where did you find the plat bangles and power wrists?

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: 2015-07-28 09:40:32 »
plat bangle is an item drop from the highway boss after the bike chase. don't steal or morph.

power wrist is a morph from the 2nd stage of the elevator fight

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: 2015-07-28 09:59:26 »
is this a bug? I sometimes come across an endgame level enemy in the first Mako Reactor that uses cross scissor against barret for 762 and blood cross against cloud for 1.3k. Unable to Escape either.

Mob name: Souther
« Last Edit: 2015-07-28 10:04:26 by AverageJoeFF7Fan »

jaycekelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: 2015-07-28 10:46:17 »
Hey, tried starting a new game on Arranged, first boss is way overtuned, lock-on laser does almost more than double my health, tried grinding up like 4 levels but that didn't help. Decided to start on non arranged even though I'd rather not. Just thought I'd let you know.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: 2015-07-28 11:02:55 »
@lappers84
You can also get Platinum Bangle as a treasure for completing the coupon puzzle in Shinra HQ, I believe. Because of that, it's better to morph Rubicante GT into the early Fire Ring, especially if you're playing on Arrange (you'll have another chance for a Fire Ring at Fort Condor if you go back after beating Illuyankas). You can also steal Power Wrist (or Earrings) from Rufus, in case you're like me and decided to take the stairs to save a ton of time.

@jaycekelly
It's definitely possible. Did it on my second try (before the exe patch was released, which would probably make the fight out-of-this-world and would most likely require the 4 level grind). I didn't gain more than 1 level before entering that fight. Make sure you know that Magnetic Scope drags you into the front row if you're in the back row. Keep everyone topped off and, most importantly, defend while the tail is up. That's about it. After that, you'll be cutting it close to escape. I had about 5 seconds left on the clock when I exited the final area.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-28 11:13:11 by Bowser9 »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: 2015-07-28 12:12:06 »
you get a four slots from the coupon puzzle

oh yeah, the power wrist may have come from rufus after all.

my mistake

and i meant the elevator bosses that you fight without cloud and tifa. the 2nd stage of the fight with the 2 enemies. you get a dex +35 accessory. i can't remember what the other one gives
« Last Edit: 2015-07-28 12:16:38 by selius »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: 2015-07-28 12:21:36 »
@selius
I got the Platinum Bangle without getting it from Rubicante GT, and it was before Red XIII. It's either the 3rd coupon or something random from the Sector Planning puzzle (now just treasure). I got Shinra Beta from the X-ATM. Four Slots should still be a part of the coupon rewards. You can also steal Four Slots from Rubicante GT (because of this, I have 2 Four Slots). G0624-opt didn't drop anything since I stole a Talisman from it and I'm sure I had it equipped during that fight. I can't think of anywhere else I could have gotten the Platinum Bangle from.
Hmm, +35 Dex? Sounds like a Bolt Ring. You must be talking about the Gunner series of bosses. You get W Machine Gun, Bolt Ring, and Bird Wing if you morph all 3 of them. If you get it as a drop for that fight, that's great. I actually don't recall ever getting that drop, so I've always tried to morph them.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-28 12:41:20 by Bowser9 »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: 2015-07-28 12:56:45 »
i definitely only have one platinum bangle and i got it from rubicante as a drop.

i have to guess you got it from a drop from a boss i morphed

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: 2015-07-28 13:02:51 »
@selius
The only bosses I haven't morphed  up to the end of Shinra HQ were Reno (not morphable), X-ATM (because Shinra Beta called for me), G0624-opt (not morphable), and Rufus (not morphable). It's also possible it was a rare steal and I forgot to record it on notepad with all the other enemy data I've kept track of.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-28 13:13:31 by Bowser9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: 2015-07-28 13:45:26 »

Ah, 4 limit hits; I thought that 4k was just from Beat Rush + Somersault. A Power Wrist explains the rest.

Brief update!

Spent some time trying to get Thundercrackers to cast Trine. I am bad at fumbling through triggers when the desire sensor is watching me. No Trine, only sadness.

Fumbled about in Rocket Town, and am now convinced the man frantically tapping his foot with the drill arm in his kitchen is some kind of murderer.

Also finding Mr. Smile in someone's bathroom is both hilarious and weird. And then I had to make the trip back to Fort Condor...for five X-Potions. More Zolom-senpai attempts next time, but I'm pretty tired tonight.

To get Thundercracker to use Trine, you have to Manipulate him. He used to use it of his own volition, but it was wiping out parties without warning :x

is this a bug? I sometimes come across an endgame level enemy in the first Mako Reactor that uses cross scissor against barret for 762 and blood cross against cloud for 1.3k. Unable to Escape either.

Mob name: Souther

Is this the IRO you made? It sounds like flevel encounters haven't been loaded up. You need to chunk the flevel into several parts to get all the necessary info; the field script, the encounter table, etc. Souther appears because he occupies a slot that is used by the default encounter table (I've been efficient with scene.bin space, y'see).

Hey, tried starting a new game on Arranged, first boss is way overtuned, lock-on laser does almost more than double my health, tried grinding up like 4 levels but that didn't help. Decided to start on non arranged even though I'd rather not. Just thought I'd let you know.

Arrange requires a little more to make it through. For the first boss, his attacks are telegraphed (until his tail goes up) meaning the targeted character should use the Defend command in order to mitigate the damage. You also need to keep an eye on your Row, as Magnetic Scope will change it.

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: 2015-07-28 14:53:56 »
@sega chief

could you update your Loose files link? would be able to upload a fully functional IRO then.

also, now I have chunks seperated out like 1, 3, 7 (noticed this is how you had it on version 1.2).

Think this will work now?

-edit-

seems to work. grinded for about 30 mins. no southers. got the timer at the start of scorpion fight. got the extra scorpion fight.

the only thing that would make this iro better is if it had ONLY the files that were modified in battle.lgp and char.lgp. right now i have to put New Threat towards the bottom of my load order so my graphic mods will still take.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-28 15:40:57 by AverageJoeFF7Fan »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: 2015-07-28 15:36:51 »
@sega chief

could you update your Loose files link? would be able to upload a fully functional IRO then.

also, now I have chunks seperated out like 1, 3, 7 (noticed this is how you had it on version 1.2).

Think this will work now?

I just got word from Alyza that the 7H IRO was updated in the Catalog, but just in case here's the IRO itself that she sent me: http://www.mediafire.com/download/py4dyfta41c4o7z/New_Threat_-_v1.35.iro

I'll update the loose files link on the front page once I've gotten all the files identified and sorted out.

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: 2015-07-28 15:41:31 »
oh...well then...I guess i did all that for nothing XD

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: 2015-07-28 15:49:04 »
I appreciate it all the same, there's a few people who have been waiting on the IRO release.

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: 2015-07-28 16:07:05 »
uhm...I do have a question...

in the Beginner hall... when you talk to the guy with the dog... what THE HELL is Barret doing with his hands? O.O;

it looks like he's jackin it.... is that...intentional? o.O;

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: 2015-07-28 16:16:59 »
so..i read everything in the beginner hall..it does not mention anything about these "Stacks" i keep getting. What are they?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: 2015-07-28 16:34:23 »
uhm...I do have a question...

in the Beginner hall... when you talk to the guy with the dog... what THE HELL is Barret doing with his hands? O.O;

it looks like he's jackin it.... is that...intentional? o.O;

No, he's getting impatient. It was in the original game too, when Cloud goes through all the tutorials (the game is scripted to make him go faster and faster, but it's more noticeable because the menu tutorials were swapped out in favour of field text). I could change the animation, I guess?

so..i read everything in the beginner hall..it does not mention anything about these "Stacks" i keep getting. What are they?

The Hall doesn't have any info on the stacks (because I forgot). Here's what they are:
-) Cloud: Fortify stacks raise his level, which increases his damage, success with Steal/Manip formulas, and his magic attack accuracy. It has no upper cap, but triggers infrequently.

-) Barret: When hit with physical damage, he gains a stack depending on whether he is in the front or back row. Front, he gets a boost to his attack (up to five stacks). Back, he gets a boost to Vitality and Spirit instead. If he gains one kind of stack, then it cancels out the other type of stack; so if he has five defence stacks and gains an attack stack, then the five defence stacks are wiped out.

-) Tifa: When using the Sense command, she gains a one-time boost to her attack.

-) Aeris: Slowly regenerates MP.

-) Red XIII: Gains stacks over time, boosting Attack and Magic (up to 20).

-) Yuffie: When hit by a physical attack, she has a chance to gain 255% physical evasion. But this is lost if she takes any kind of magical damage/effect.

-) Cait Sith: Rage system. When inflicted with Poison, Silence, Fury, or Sadness the player can use Morph on him to trigger one of four Auto-AIs. Poison will have him absorb Bio (meaning he will be healed by the poison ticks, like a kind of regen) and will cast Bio2 each turn. Sadness will have him attack a random target and then Defend immediately after. Silence drops his Attack and Magic to 10, but he'll use Mime each turn. And Fury has him gain Barrier and use Slash-All.

-) Vincent: A passive innate, he'll negate Fire, Lightning, Poison, and will start battles with 'Death Force'; a status that prevents instant KO (reflects his Limit forms).

-) Cid: When at critical HP, his Luck stat will be doubled one time.

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: 2015-07-28 16:39:52 »
so these Stacks are PER ENCOUNTER right?

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: 2015-07-28 16:40:55 »
No, he's getting impatient. It was in the original game too, when Cloud goes through all the tutorials (the game is scripted to make him go faster and faster, but it's more noticeable because the menu tutorials were swapped out in favour of field text). I could change the animation, I guess?

Maybe its more noticable for me because Im using that Barret mod by .... i think.. Jin?? idk.. the one with the rotating AC style gun.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: 2015-07-28 17:01:43 »
Superb mod, loving so far. But i have a question, the arrange mode is complete? Its worth to play it now? And if so, im playing on normal mode, can i swap the mode and choose the arrange on a ongoing game?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: 2015-07-28 17:08:20 »
so these Stacks are PER ENCOUNTER right?

Yeah, they don't carry over. As for AC models, that might be why it looks odd.

Superb mod, loving so far. But i have a question, the arrange mode is complete? Its worth to play it now? And if so, im playing on normal mode, can i swap the mode and choose the arrange on a ongoing game?

I'm afraid that there's no switch between modes mid-way through the game as of yet. As for functionality, it's worth a whirl if you've been through NT before. Otherwise, I'd go for Original.