Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4902200 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2025 on: 2015-09-01 13:20:40 »
I just downloaded the mod yesterday, and man, this is what I needed to re-experience FF7. It's hard enough that I'm not just blindly mashing buttons, but easy enough that I'm not crying. Not yet, at least.

Couple of things I noticed while playing on Steam on Windows 10, most recent patch and the hotfix:
  • Jessie did this thing where she kind of just... slid up the ladder in the reator, after the second Scorp fight. Right after we fought the scorp, she ran off and I got into a random encounter, and she wasn't doing her climbing animation. Not sure if that's just an error in this port or not.
  • Because of the new models, all of Barret's animations are off. He gestures and throws and hits with his gunarm, and threatens to shoot people with his flesh arm.
Super excited to see what the rest of the game has in store for me. Keep up the good work!

That'll be the thing where Jessie is climbing a ladder but the player will get a random encounter or similar; when the game loads up the field again, it doesn't refresh Jessie's animation. This was in the default game as well, and should be harmless.

Barret's animations shouldn't be any different from the default game; the field model has the gun-arm on the same side as the vanilla one. There are a few times when in vanilla he'll use his gun-arm to do stuff like throw you your money for the bombing mission; those'll have carried over into NT. I don't remember any instances of him trying to shoot with his other arm, though.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: 2015-09-01 14:04:12 »
@rgmarks
No prob. I meant you should just physically attack the manipulated target. Use someone that deals low damage with their basic attack, like a tank or support.
But man, i tried hitting the manipulated character on lucretia boss and they did not lose the manipulate stat. So its a bug? Or its supposed to be like this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: 2015-09-01 16:37:54 »
It should come off when you hit the manipulated character, unless they were hit with the fourth attack of Combo which inflicts Resist.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: 2015-09-01 17:05:04 »
Ooh, manip and resist is cruel! I guess dispel (or death :evil:) is the answer?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: 2015-09-01 17:22:41 »
Assuming that was the cause; you'd maybe need to be unlucky for the 4th hit of combo to land on a Manipulated target but if it does then Dispel will be needed. Or a KO.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: 2015-09-01 17:32:46 »
Assuming that was the cause; you'd maybe need to be unlucky for the 4th hit of combo to land on a Manipulated target but if it does then Dispel will be needed. Or a KO.

Ahhh ok, living and learning =)

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: 2015-09-01 21:11:12 »
It should come off when you hit the manipulated character, unless they were hit with the fourth attack of Combo which inflicts Resist.
Hey chief, look at this, on genilka there is a enemy "Unknown 3" he hit me with "creepy touch" and manipulate one of my chars, i immediatly hit that char with a normal hit but the char dont lose the manipulate, something wrong?

Edit: I just manipulated Pollensalta on crater, and i keep hitting her with normal hits and morph hits until she died, and she never lost the manipulated status. Do you think there something wrong on my game? Im using your special patch that alters just the limit breaks.

Edit 2: Where can i find the "Iron Man"? I need to morph him =/

Edit 3: Trying to kill Protoroth but after the Illusion Field" my chars that dont have protection against frog/small gets stuck on this status, i used cornucopia to cure and didnt affect them. They die and i revive them, but they revive as frogs. This "Illusion Field" makes them permanet frog/small? And no, im not using resist.. Wait, this move has resist effect on it??? omg

Edit 4: Well, Aeris and Tifa were frogs and i used a holy torch on Tifa, and with aeris i used a cornucopia immediatly and BOTH(not only Tifa) of them were cured from frog/small. This is supposed to be like this?
« Last Edit: 2015-09-02 03:39:14 by rgmarks »

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: 2015-09-02 04:11:34 »
Small bug report. In the parachute into midgar part, there's a dialog option to "Start" or "Change Party members". Start leads to the party change screen whereas CPM starts the parachuting.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: 2015-09-02 06:33:09 »
Hey chief, look at this, on genilka there is a enemy "Unknown 3" he hit me with "creepy touch" and manipulate one of my chars, i immediatly hit that char with a normal hit but the char dont lose the manipulate, something wrong?

Edit: I just manipulated Pollensalta on crater, and i keep hitting her with normal hits and morph hits until she died, and she never lost the manipulated status. Do you think there something wrong on my game? Im using your special patch that alters just the limit breaks.

Edit 2: Where can i find the "Iron Man"? I need to morph him =/

Edit 3: Trying to kill Protoroth but after the Illusion Field" my chars that dont have protection against frog/small gets stuck on this status, i used cornucopia to cure and didnt affect them. They die and i revive them, but they revive as frogs. This "Illusion Field" makes them permanet frog/small? And no, im not using resist.. Wait, this move has resist effect on it??? omg

Edit 4: Well, Aeris and Tifa were frogs and i used a holy torch on Tifa, and with aeris i used a cornucopia immediatly and BOTH(not only Tifa) of them were cured from frog/small. This is supposed to be like this?

The Unknown 3's creepy touch inflicts Manipulate + Resist; some other enemies also use combos where Resist is added to complicate the status ailment. To deal with it, Dispel can get rid of Resist and let you heal any other status ailments that were inflicted as normal. Resist is also lost when the target dies, though statuses like Frog are retained through KO. This is what's happening with Illusion Field as well.

I'll check Pollensalta, sounds odd she'd remain Manipulated when attacked physically but there's likely an explanation.

Iron Man can be found on the Left-Down path, the last few screens of this path.

Small bug report. In the parachute into midgar part, there's a dialog option to "Start" or "Change Party members". Start leads to the party change screen whereas CPM starts the parachuting.

Someone's mentioned that, I'll reverse the options.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: 2015-09-02 08:17:18 »
Thank you, i have another question? There is some in game information regarding the items necessary for the ultimate weapons? I only got the gospel spark by chance, i was just walking  and saw that light and found it. But the others items? How can i find it? Or do i have to explore by my own? If that is the case its ok. =D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: 2015-09-02 15:10:15 »
You'll find the majority of the other items by beating bosses in the mod (but not the Extra Battle ones).

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: 2015-09-02 16:26:13 »
Speaking of items from enemies - I noticed that the unknowns in the crashed gelnika (can't remember which one) had a save crystal as a rare steal (pretty funky) :)

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: 2015-09-02 16:48:08 »
sense materia in the return to midgar  :x  :x  :x

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: 2015-09-02 18:40:32 »
sense materia in the return to midgar  :x  :x  :x

:D

chaos447

• View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: 2015-09-03 04:21:17 »
Forgive me if this has been answered, but I just received the Champion Belt. It says it prevents [Auto-Crit]. So I'm assuming this negates Deathblow, or it prevents the enemy from using automatic critical hits?

Thanks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: 2015-09-03 06:09:21 »
What it does is make the wearer immune to a status called 'Lucky Girl' which was originally only given by one of Cait's Reels on his Slots limits. In NT, some items (and in the .exe patch certain other Limits) can give this status but rather than list it as 'Prevents Lucky Girl', which might not make sense to people who don't know about this status, I went with 'Prevents Auto-Crits' instead. Deathblow will work as normal. Maybe I should rethink the wording of the Champ Belt.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: 2015-09-03 10:20:04 »
Kudos Chief on how pure evil you are regarding the level 4 limit bosses - I just can't seem to beat them, even at level 80.  Any hints would be awesome.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: 2015-09-03 11:34:26 »
@lappers84
Well, for starters, make sure you experiment with all sorts of materia and party (limit) combinations. Test out what kind of spell combos work best for your play style. If all else fails, you could always aim for lucky 7s.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2015-09-03 11:36:57 by Bowser9 »

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: 2015-09-03 12:36:23 »
I really could use some help with Aeris mimic boss, im tried everything and those flares just keeps spamming gravity 3 curing her for 9999. A hint maybe? =D

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: 2015-09-03 13:42:55 »
I'm not sure if this works, it's been a while since I fought her, but I think you might be able to cast reflect on her, then set up to be sneaky and set Element immune /absorb to gravity. Then she heals you! Or at least doesn't heal herself. (heavy boots accessory does this, I think, if you don't have the elemental materia leveled up)
You may also be able to cast reflect on your party to bounce the flares back.
Another strategy could be to try and wear out her MP, maybe? Still need to survive long enough to do it, so... magic defence equipment, sadness, and Magic Barrier to beef up your survivability! :D

Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: 2015-09-03 15:15:43 »
I'm not sure if this works, it's been a while since I fought her, but I think you might be able to cast reflect on her, then set up to be sneaky and set Element immune /absorb to gravity. Then she heals you! Or at least doesn't heal herself. (heavy boots accessory does this, I think, if you don't have the elemental materia leveled up)
You may also be able to cast reflect on your party to bounce the flares back.
Another strategy could be to try and wear out her MP, maybe? Still need to survive long enough to do it, so... magic defence equipment, sadness, and Magic Barrier to beef up your survivability! :D

Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

Well, i watched on youtube some people fighting her but apparently the fight changed on the new version, she has 2 adds that keeps healing her with gravity 3. I tried "reflect" on her to prevent the heal from gravity but the adds gravity penetrates the reflect and just heal her. I dont die on this fight, but i cant kill her. I managed to deplete one of the adds MP, but the other seems to have so much more MP(infinite?). I just moved on and dont know how to kill her.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: 2015-09-03 16:33:33 »
Well, i watched on youtube some people fighting her but apparently the fight changed on the new version, she has 2 adds that keeps healing her with gravity 3. I tried "reflect" on her to prevent the heal from gravity but the adds gravity penetrates the reflect and just heal her. I dont die on this fight, but i cant kill her. I managed to deplete one of the adds MP, but the other seems to have so much more MP(infinite?). I just moved on and dont know how to kill her.

The two Flares are like a damage check. The best thing to do is wait until one is sent away for 'Take Over' (it'll remain on the screen, unlike the Nattak fight, but will become 'still' and inactive) and then try to burst down the remaining Flare with a round of strong attacks, maybe Summons or Limits. If it can't fully heal from Demi3 then you can keep pushing on it until it dies. When the other Flare comes back from Take Over, it'd be the same thing again; burst it down. If you've been able to get Quadra Magic from the Blue cave or W-Magic from Extra Battle then that can greatly boost your nuking potential. The key, though, is to make sure everyone acts as the same time; if a Demi3 goes off after the first hit then it will effectively cancel that attack out. If all three attacks land one after the other, though, then the Demi3 heal will be much less effective as it's based on the add's current HP.

This means you want to be stable against Mimic's attacks in the meantime so you can focus more on attacking. A White Cape, Hades + Added Effect, or Peace Ring can help defend against status ailments, while MBarrier will likely reduce down all but one of her magic-based attacks. When you've got the Flares taken care of, Mimic herself is weak to Holy damage so Pearl, Alpha, or Holy + Elemental in someone's weapon would be good choices. I can post a video taking care of the boss if you'd prefer a visual guide.

Kudos Chief on how pure evil you are regarding the level 4 limit bosses - I just can't seem to beat them, even at level 80.  Any hints would be awesome.

Besides the Mimic notes above, I'd say Super Saver System is a good place to start. It's the weakest out of all the bosses, unless I've missed something about it. They've low defence/HP, weak to Bolt/Water, and only inflict a handful of statuses like Berserk and Death Sentence (though the Reflect might be a pain). And the Highwind Limit it drops is one of the strongest in the game.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-03 17:06:02 by Sega Chief »

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: 2015-09-03 17:00:46 »
Ahhh i tried to kill one of the flares quickly but i thought that they counterred with gravity 3, my mistake. Just a coincidence that it did gravity soon after i attacked. Ok man, no need for a vid. Im gonna try right now, you already helped me great time! Thanks! @Sega Chief

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: 2015-09-04 00:21:40 »

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: 2015-09-04 00:53:23 »
Another question =). Where can i get aqualung on late game? I get hit by it on the battle square, but my char dont get the message in battle that learned, but i did not completed the battle. I need to complete it?

Edit: Cloud in front of wallmarket, hilarious haha
« Last Edit: 2015-09-04 01:16:20 by rgmarks »