Author Topic: [FF7PC] ZomiPlayFont UI  (Read 25579 times)

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
Re: [FF7PC] ZomiPlayFont
« Reply #25 on: 2020-05-14 18:38:11 »
Version 0.93 is released.

• Added battle screen "target", "Death", "Recovery" words

Agravaile

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2020-05-15 21:03:49 »
There's a bit of rough edges in the numbers. Is it yet to be fixed or intended?

Edit: Ok, nevermind, i think it's the transparency i messed up on my own so there's nothing that needs to be fixed, everything is perfect and i figured it out. By the way, as i said before, amazing work, and it just keep getting better with each update!
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 02:24:48 by Agravaile »

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
« Reply #27 on: 2020-05-16 14:27:43 »
Ok, nevermind, i think it's the transparency i messed up on my own so there's nothing that needs to be fixed
I also thought that in battle menu numerals are  a little bit messy, pixelated (Number 8, number 3)... I think it's because of FF7 scaling method maybe.
See screenshot. Upper numerals are the same font, the same font-sheet, but scaled manually with cheap Bilinear, the bottom one is FF7 scaling. You can see, even bilinear make it more smooth, no sharp pixels. Only way to avoid it, I think, is to make default numerals blurry... or to find another font for numerals
Spoiler: show

screenshot with blurry numerals

Thank you for kind words

Edit: Yes. Something with Final Fantasy 7 scaling method. The smaller the resolution, the worse the scaling, the worse a quality.
Final Fantasy with ZomiPlayFont in 640x480:
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 17:19:16 by Panteleimon »

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2020-05-16 16:40:04 »
Stupid question:  how do i install this with Reunion?  I've found two possible install directories, and I'm not sure which to use. 

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
« Reply #29 on: 2020-05-17 15:28:47 »
Stupid question:  how do i install this with Reunion?  I've found two possible install directories, and I'm not sure which to use.
Download either PSX buttons support .zip or XBOX buttons .zip archive. Then unpack that archive to the "...\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture" directory (so "menu" folder from .zip should replace "menu" folder in ...\Texture directory, and "flevel" should replace "flevel"). It is the easiest way.

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2020-05-17 16:43:17 »
Download either PSX buttons support .zip or XBOX buttons .zip archive. Then unpack that archive to the "...\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture" directory (so "menu" folder from .zip should replace "menu" folder in ...\Texture directory, and "flevel" should replace "flevel"). It is the easiest way.

Thanks!

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #31 on: 2020-05-17 18:00:38 »
instead of dicking around with changing the color palettes of the original images, i've photoshopped new icons into the game  (all sticking with gray scale for the most part)

however, i've put in the icons on top of Panteleimon's mod, so i cant post the files for others to use atm, i had to modify the mod a bit and shrink the item bag and cloud's sword icon to match the size of the ones i did (these icons are separate for some reason, in a different file)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L9dRQdpnT_qIYdiNAB--GulQ8nA_U1ZP/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k1GND63176wOzhlsn0HmObP0zVmdkfU8/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pfTzw_Jlfierkd-IKt_rvZiQMm9Dgs0J/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 2020-05-17 18:43:25 by Orichalcon »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #32 on: 2020-05-17 18:56:26 »
Hello Panteleimon, great addition so far, thanks.

I have a request, kindly is it possible to add following:

-Indicators of order: º , ª (underlined: see image; their position in usfont should be: here)
-Gender symbol: ♂ , ♀ (their position in usfont should be: here)
-Degree symbol: ° (the position in usfont should be above L2 button: here)

It would be really useful for translations.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-18 10:19:42 by Kuraudo. »

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2020-05-17 19:46:57 »
instead of dicking around with changing the color palettes of the original images, i've photoshopped new icons into the game  (all sticking with gray scale for the most part)

however, i've put in the icons on top of Panteleimon's mod, so i cant post the files for others to use atm, i had to modify the mod a bit and shrink the item bag and cloud's sword icon to match the size of the ones i did (these icons are separate for some reason, in a different file)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L9dRQdpnT_qIYdiNAB--GulQ8nA_U1ZP/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k1GND63176wOzhlsn0HmObP0zVmdkfU8/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pfTzw_Jlfierkd-IKt_rvZiQMm9Dgs0J/view?usp=sharing

Nice!  I hope you get around to getting these and your Sleeker Borders mod into a cohesive UI touchup one day. =D

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #34 on: 2020-05-17 20:32:19 »
Nice!  I hope you get around to getting these and your Sleeker Borders mod into a cohesive UI touchup one day. =D

i made the border a few days ago (and am still working on it) and the icons i just did today (just now fixed a few spacing issues and touched up the feather...should be done now)

patience, my friend!  :-D

EDIT: since they didnt really fit the theme i had going, i went ahead and replaced the item sack and cloud's sword icons as well

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15FQyerJF_ds6JQ2pz7TaUrrV_jOqomID/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 2020-05-17 23:36:20 by Orichalcon »

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2020-05-17 22:32:37 »
i made the border a few days ago (and am still working on it) and the icons i just did today (just now fixed a few spacing issues and touched up the feather...should be done now)

patience, my friend!  :-D

Oh, I know!  I'm not expecting it anytime soon.  But I've got 2 FF7 installs at the moment, one with Reunion, and one with 7th Heaven + New Threat.  The only thing left I feel like my Reunion install needs to be perfect is something akin to ESUI 2.0. 

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
« Reply #36 on: 2020-05-18 20:00:06 »
Version 0.94 is released.

• Added items and equipment icons

« Last Edit: 2020-05-18 20:11:16 by Panteleimon »

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
« Reply #37 on: 2020-05-18 20:05:52 »
Hello Panteleimon, great addition so far, thanks.

I have a request, kindly is it possible to add following:

-Indicators of order: º , ª (underlined: see image; their position in usfont should be: here)
-Gender symbol: ♂ , ♀ (their position in usfont should be: here)
-Degree symbol: ° (the position in usfont should be above L2 button: here)

It would be really useful for translations.

Hello. Thank you.
I'm don't know much about translation of FF7. Where can I read about it? I can't understand how those symbols can help for translations.
Plus... It's not very pleasant to delete original game symbols. If those symbols required empty positions - it would be no problem.

Version 0.95 is realesed

• Fixed and done sleep and silence effects
« Last Edit: 2020-05-18 21:27:05 by Panteleimon »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #38 on: 2020-05-20 09:15:02 »
Hello. Thank you.
I'm don't know much about translation of FF7. Where can I read about it? I can't understand how those symbols can help for translations.
Plus... It's not very pleasant to delete original game symbols. If those symbols required empty positions - it would be no problem.

Version 0.95 is realesed

• Fixed and done sleep and silence effects
For example the Italian porting use those characters in several occasion such as 1st class Soldier which will become 1ª classe SOLDIER (just an example).

What could be great is to have those missing characters in 2 new 'empty' png (for font h and l) and with your permission and of course credit we could use for the same project moving the characters needed in the right position.

Let me know if that sounds good for you. Cheers

PS: great great updates
« Last Edit: 2020-05-20 09:17:15 by Kuraudo. »

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
« Reply #39 on: 2020-05-20 12:16:26 »
For example the Italian porting use those characters in several occasion such as 1st class Soldier which will become 1ª classe SOLDIER (just an example).

What could be great is to have those missing characters in 2 new 'empty' png (for font h and l) and with your permission and of course credit we could use for the same project moving the characters needed in the right position.

Let me know if that sounds good for you. Cheers

PS: great great updates
But what if some languages uses those symbols you want to remove? (I'm not sure, but is there a posiblity?)
Maybe I would do a different .zip package with modified font-sheets? Will it be ok?
And give me, please, a degree symbol position - in your screens it has screen with gender symbols
« Last Edit: 2020-05-20 12:26:00 by Panteleimon »

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2020-05-20 12:24:53 »
But what if some languages uses those symbols you want to remove? (I'm not sure, but is there a posiblity?)
Maybe I would do a different .zip package with modified font-sheets? Will it be ok?

As the author of the italian porting translation a different zip file for the fonts would be perfect, thanks. So the compatibility with other language will not be broken

And give me a degree symbol position - in your screens it has screen with gender symbols

it' above L2 in usfont_a
here a picture:
« Last Edit: 2020-05-20 12:29:29 by usb »

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
« Reply #41 on: 2020-05-20 15:43:52 »
As the author of the italian porting translation a different zip file for the fonts would be perfect, thanks. So the compatibility with other language will not be broken
PSX buttons https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jhNzGfyfq8tjr8vn7OBYcJlPNT5R-sGS/view?usp=sharing
XBOX buttons https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x9-lqdIhFEzeeZRmFh9q2URjqJip6BBh/view?usp=sharing

Hope I didn't forget anything.
Please, let me know if something is wrong, cause I don't have a possibility to check non-English symbols in the game. (maybe some of them are too wide or too condensed)

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2020-05-21 08:33:42 »
PSX buttons https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jhNzGfyfq8tjr8vn7OBYcJlPNT5R-sGS/view?usp=sharing
XBOX buttons https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x9-lqdIhFEzeeZRmFh9q2URjqJip6BBh/view?usp=sharing

Hope I didn't forget anything.
Please, let me know if something is wrong, cause I don't have a possibility to check non-English symbols in the game. (maybe some of them are too wide or too condensed)

thanks, in these days i'll do further tests. As a first test they're perfect. Can I create a mirror link or post a link in my thread to your message? (for now i'll use this second option)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 08:39:17 by usb »

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
« Reply #43 on: 2020-05-21 10:32:51 »
thanks, in these days i'll do further tests. As a first test they're perfect. Can I create a mirror link or post a link in my thread to your message? (for now i'll use this second option)
Do what suits you more :)

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #44 on: 2020-05-23 22:40:57 »
your own .TIF method needs to be applied to every image in flevel   :-P
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 03:10:18 by Orichalcon »

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
« Reply #45 on: 2020-05-24 13:29:45 »
your own .TIF method needs to be applied to every image in flevel   :-P
Hm. There seems no transparency issue for me.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #46 on: 2020-05-24 16:05:13 »
i'm playing without maintaining aspect ratio, so i wonder if that has something to do with it, but with the icons in the latest version i get white splotches on the left side of both triangles (and a bit on the hand) until i fixed it with your method, i'll post a video sometime today

EDIT:  nope, widescreen has nothing to do with it, i have transparency issue with version 0.95 flevel icons no matter what

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XSP_unHZrQOwgvAwyQR615WaFimSrNDx/view?usp=sharing

see how there is a white line in the animation on the left of the red triangle? there is also some white at the bottom and top too that shouldnt be there

also the hand has white at the top and right past the black border that shouldnt be there

after i did your .tif fix to flevel images, all these issues dissappeared

is it possible you arent looking closely enough or are you really not having this issue? you have me wondering about my computer now
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 17:53:08 by Orichalcon »

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
« Reply #47 on: 2020-05-25 11:45:17 »
@Orichalcon you are right, there is the issue. I play in a lower resolution so I didn't notice it.
Strange, I thought I used .tif method there...
Thank you. Will fix it in next update. Trying to draw my own materia slots.
UPD: Strange. .tif method doesn't fix it...
UPD2: GIMP method worked  :-o
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 16:35:10 by Panteleimon »

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
Re: [FF7PC] ZomiPlayFont UI
« Reply #48 on: 2020-05-29 14:05:02 »
Version 0.96 is released

• Fixed some pointers transparency
• All PNGs were optimized. So there should be no that transparency issue anymore
• Done borders*
• Done materia slots
• The project was renamed to "ZomiPlayFont UI"

*There is an issue with borders in low resolutions.
"There is something strange with vertical borders - sometimes it's ok, but sometimes their vertical bright line is shifted to the right. Standart borders are ok. But modified borders should suit perfectly.
I'm sure it's that bad scaling FF7 thing. In one pattern it scales so there are more dark lines, and another patern - more bright lines - so those patterns won't match. In high resolutions there is no such thing. The only fix I can think of is to back very blury border.
Or maybe I miss something, and it is not scaling thing."

The main big border is glitchy, vertical border is shifted. The rest borders are ok.

(And a little scaling issue in high resolution too. Sometimes some skew lines in the corners scaled with noise)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-29 14:13:02 by Panteleimon »

TheOppressed

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ZomiPlayFont UI
« Reply #49 on: 2020-05-29 15:14:46 »
Appreciate your hard work with the font.. They're very similar to OG IMO. Pointer and materia slots look cleaner.

Just a question with 0.96, if it will be enough to replace other UI mods out there like ESUI or Satsuki's (in his pack builder)?