Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1251610 times)

robolink

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Menu Overhaul Project
« Reply #400 on: 2011-07-24 18:49:43 »
Thanks for the feedback.

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2011-07-24 21:19:23 »
I specifically said before that you must test without ANYTHING else being installed....  clearly remix has done something...

My bad. (total noob).

Now to learn how to install the missing remix goodies (PRP models, and... wait, I guess that's it) without using remix.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2011-07-24 21:46:53 »
indeed :)

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2011-07-25 02:15:19 »
Haha Okay so. I was having the damn'est time figuring out the differences between Felix's graphics and the original so I figured there was a bug. I was right, I restored ff7 to the original settings via the backup option then clicked on the FF7Config again to assure its set to use the custom driver. Then cleared the cache once more. After that I installed M003 once more with the original graphics and took a look at the materia...Huuuge difference, so yes I am very happy to get this working lol. Anyhow back to the game.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2011-07-25 02:23:09 »
The cache would have been the only issue.  In fact I am thinking about deleting that cache folder in next installer to stop these issues. I may give an option to do it for those who know what it is :)

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2011-07-25 03:30:21 »
Oddly enough I tried just the cache at first. Actually I attempted restoring from backup as well. Even unpatching FF7.exe but that all failed to remove the bug of only showing Felix's graphics. That and I was having the same scrolling text alignment issue that was present in M002.

Thus I used my own personal backup of all the system files and then re-installed the M003 mod. That cleared out all the issues. I am really not sure what happened to cause such an odd thing but its gone now. Basically "try it on a clean installation" or "try re-installing FF7" would fix it for anyone in the future with the issue. That and clearing cache.

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2011-07-26 17:20:19 »
In the menu, "Arrange"-ing my materia puts them in a different order now (Red, Purple, Green, Blue, Yellow) than it used to (Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Red). Is this a result of MOP, or should I look over everything else I've added (mostly in battle.lgp and char.lgp, so I don't see how they'd affect the menu).

Also, when naming chocobos, the text I input appears several spaces to the right of the underscores provided to indicate the character limit. I haven't checked yet to see if this is true of other character naming events.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-26 20:02:00 by zoostation »

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2011-07-26 18:09:55 »
Hi. i have installed your mod. It works really nice but at the "new game. continue" screen it says ERROR"texture could not be compressed". After that when i load my save another error appears which says ERROR"invalid color type". I have checked Felix's option. I am not quite sure if this error is due to the usfont_a_I_00 problem (which i didn't quite understand how we fix it) or because i didn't replace  the rocketronnie.net and menu.rar files (which i don't know where i can find). Any ideas? if a problem like this has occur ed before I'll take a look at all the previous posts again. I installed the game with my antivirus disabled. Furthermore i enabled the Tifa limit break mod.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2011-07-26 18:31:08 »
The answer to your second question is in the readme and on first post.  The compress texture problem is not a menu overhaul issue.  I suggest you turn compress texture option off in the ff7_opengl.cfg file.

In the menu, "Arrange"-ing my materia puts them in a differentorder now (Red, Purple, Green, Blue, Yellow) than it used to (Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Red). Is this a result of MOP, or should I look over everything else I've added (mostly in battle.lgp and char.lgp, so I don't see how they'd affect the menu).

Also, when naming chocobos, the text I input appears several spaces to the right of the underscores provided to indicate the character limit. I haven't checked yet to see if this is true of other character naming events.

I assumed chocobo menu would be same as name menu, so yes this could be my issue. I will have to check.  As for the order, I have noticed it... and I haven't a clue how it happened.  I will look into it.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-26 18:32:44 by DLPB »

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2011-07-26 18:38:48 »
thnx for the advice. i'll look into it and if i find anythin' else i'll let u know :)
« Last Edit: 2011-07-26 18:44:24 by kicker »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2011-07-27 10:03:47 »
Is it just me, or does installing this do absolutely nothing?

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2011-07-27 10:05:53 »

just u lol

try deleting cache folder and then running the game or just disable the cache option on Aali's Driver config file

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2011-07-27 10:11:22 »
just u lol

try deleting cache folder and then running the game or just disable the cache option on Aali's Driver config file

Tried that. The installer doesn't install anything.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2011-07-27 11:12:36 »

If you had kept your end of the bargain (read the comments, read the readme, read the first post) I am sure my installer would have done its end..  I can lead a horse to water but I cannot make it drink it.

Check it all then come back and ask a question.  And if it is a problem with antivirus software being active, leave this thread forever.   ;D
« Last Edit: 2011-07-27 17:17:50 by DLPB »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2011-07-27 21:28:04 »
If you had kept your end of the bargain (read the comments, read the readme, read the first post) I am sure my installer would have done its end..  I can lead a horse to water but I cannot make it drink it.

Check it all then come back and ask a question.  And if it is a problem with antivirus software being active, leave this thread forever.   ;D

I'm not that retarded lol. But I'll try it again and see what happens.

Nope still didn't work.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-27 22:00:37 by DarkFang »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2011-07-27 22:19:22 »
if it isnt installing at all the installer will not complete.  Do you get a completed press OK message at the end?

If you do, are the files present in your mods/DK folder?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2011-07-27 22:31:31 »
Is it the whole run as administrator to access a system folder thing?
Can't you install to a non system folder like c:\temp and then manually copy the files into the game folder?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2011-07-27 23:02:48 »
Is it the whole run as administrator to access a system folder thing?
Can't you install to a non system folder like c:\temp and then manually copy the files into the game folder?
You still need admin to do that, because Windows is so smart.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2011-07-28 00:20:03 »
Everything should be as easy as installing malware!  :evil:

The documentation briefly mentions using toughscript to format text in flevel.lgp.
I hope that future updates include more details about this new feature.

What changes does the Menu Overhaul M003 make to flevel.lgp?
A file comparison of .\Backup-MO\flevel.lgp and .\data\field\flevel.lgp indicates that the files are identical.

The MO installation appears to have worked flawlessly.

I'm using the MO with Remix, Aeris Revival and Hardcore without any problems.

-PitBrat

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2011-07-28 00:30:40 »
if it isnt installing at all the installer will not complete.  Do you get a completed press OK message at the end?

If you do, are the files present in your mods/DK folder?

That's the thing, there is no folder created. I changed the path to a completely different folder just to see if anything installed and all it put there was a Final Fantasy VII folder, that's it. The installer said it was successful and I clicked finish. Not sure why I'm the only one having this problem.

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2011-07-28 00:40:41 »
DarkFang- Try to install something else and see if you have the same issue. If not make sure you actually don't have a virus that's stopping you from activating random things. If that doesn't work then assure to disable your Antivirus and firewall, make sure you have admin privileges and then re-download M003 WITH ANTIVIRUS OFF, some of these Antivirus programs have a way to completely break .exe downloads but keep them on your pc. they just dont do anything. Re-install FF7 without any mods, then install the .02 patch. After doing so Install the latest Aali driver. Then test the game to make sure its running clean on your pc with no issues. After doing so attempt to start the installer once more.

If this doesnt fix the issue or show you what the issue is then its most likely Windows installer having issues. Windows installer is hard to repair and usually results in a full system restore. Good Luck.

Its not M003.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2011-07-28 00:45:21 »
There is definitely something wrong at your end...

as for using touphscript, it isn't implemented yet, that is for M004 and it corrects every single dialogue box in the game to the correct width.  It also clears up all cursor anomalies.  It is an option for the menu but not if you also choose retranslation.

touphscript is now at that stage where it can be released with this installer.  By the time of M004 it will also edit world map and those boxes too.

If you choose not to use the menu touphscript corrector, I patch the exe instead to do a real time resizer.  It isn't as accurate as a true change to flevel but it is still good.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2011-07-28 00:55:28 »
DarkFang- Try to install something else and see if you have the same issue. If not make sure you actually don't have a virus that's stopping you from activating random things. If that doesn't work then assure to disable your Antivirus and firewall, make sure you have admin privileges and then re-download M003 WITH ANTIVIRUS OFF, some of these Antivirus programs have a way to completely break .exe downloads but keep them on your pc. they just dont do anything. Re-install FF7 without any mods, then install the .02 patch. After doing so Install the latest Aali driver. Then test the game to make sure its running clean on your pc with no issues. After doing so attempt to start the installer once more.

If this doesnt fix the issue or show you what the issue is then its most likely Windows installer having issues. Windows installer is hard to repair and usually results in a full system restore. Good Luck.

Its not M003.

I just uninstalled every anti-virus and anti-malware program that I had installed. I disabled all firewalls, uninstalled Final Fantasy VII, and restarted my computer. I installed Final Fantasy VII again, applied the 1.02 patch, and installed Aali's driver. The game runs fine so far.

Then I run the installer as administrator and the same thing happens. It doesn't install anything.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2011-07-28 04:20:08 »
While we are at it, I have decided the next release will have an option to allow full statistics from the guy in the cave.  Thanks to touphScript and Makou Reactor, it is pretty simple.

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2011-07-28 04:23:50 »
Did you re-download it? Does it pop up with anything at all or just "double click, hourglass...." then nothing? This is a windows related issue as far as I can tell but might also be a virus. If its installing then you check the installed folder and its empty then there's someting else completely going on.

Update drivers, do windows updates. check task manager to see if anything bad is running. that's all I can think of *shrug* You need PC help.

PS@DLPB. THAT sounds awesome.