Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1257444 times)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Menu Overhaul Project
« Reply #1300 on: 2012-07-13 20:56:23 »
I know it's off topic... but the government has an algorithm to undo much of the smear effect.  They can also identify exactly which camera took the photo using it's digital signature.
You've been logged.

...much like Menu Overhaul has the ability uninstall itself and return the game to it's previous state.
(I tried to tie it back into the topic there)

I do have a Menu Overhaul question.
After installing ReTranslation, I noticed that the ReTranslated scene.bin is no longer compatible with the vanilla kernel.bin.
Is this simply due to the text changes made in scene.bin?
Or is it related to some of the other switches in Touphscript?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 2012-07-13 21:00:22 »
When you have changed scene.bin, the kernel also needs changing.  The scene lookup table is in kernel.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 2012-07-13 21:39:47 »
I know it's off topic... but the government has an algorithm to undo much of the smear effect.  They can also identify exactly which camera took the photo using it's digital signature.
You've been logged.
You are right, I forgot to turn off the Third Generation Network when I downloaded the photograph. Oops. Oh whatever, it is not like I am typing certain key words on Facebook.com that would have them report me to local Law Enforcement. I am a goody goody two shoes.

Oh, and I just got my butt zapped by Emerald Weapon. I am stupid enough to load up on Materia to the point of him frying my party with Aire Tam Storm. Aire Tam Storm deals damage to the entire party equal to the amount of materia that character has equipped * 1111. Only used when the eyes are present and after two Emerald Beams, or one after Revenge Stamping ten times; or as a counterattack at any point in the battle after taking 500,000 damage, to Knights of the Round.

Luckily, I did not have Knights of the Round. Wait, that does not matter. Anyways, looked great with the Menu Overhaul Project plus the ReTranslation project. No, I am not going to submit a screenshot of my butt getting zapped.  :cry:

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 2012-07-17 02:53:28 »
idk why, but the retranslation mod doesn't seem to be applying when I install it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 2012-07-17 03:02:16 »
That's a puzzle since it installs much the same way an ordinary install does.  It uses touphscript and the text files.

Are you running M0.exe on its own?  Without bootleg?  And without hardcore mod.  Hardcore mod will prob have some issue.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: 2012-07-17 03:49:25 »
Ah, that's it. I had a feeling it was the hardcore mod, but I wasn't sure.

So is the only way to use it to remove the HC mod?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: 2012-07-17 04:43:51 »
Just basically got to not install hardcore mod.  The problem with hardcore mod is, his files are broken.  ts cannot modify them until he fixes them.

DestroGalacticmon

• View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 2012-07-17 19:40:59 »
What happened to FeliX's tweaked graphics? I can't see those pretty Materias anymore, the installer only gives me the standard ones regardless of what I choose...  :'(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: 2012-07-17 19:48:57 »
They should still be there... I will look into that if you havent worked it out by tonight.

DestroGalacticmon

• View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 2012-07-17 20:08:47 »
I just installed again. Ran it as administrator, even disabled my annoying anti-virus, and double-checked to make sure that I wouldn't accidentally have clicked the standard graphics option. No, FeliX's tweaked graphics option was checked, so I hit the install button, but I still see the standard materia graphics in-game.  ??? The funny thing is, I have never actually even tried to install the standard graphics, so they shouldn't be in my /../mods/Menu folder in the first place, right?  :-\

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 2012-07-17 20:38:02 »
The same file name will exist there always.  The graphic will change depending on option.  I will make sure I have not messed up later.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 2012-07-17 22:14:01 »
Are there any difficulty mods as complete as the HC mod that work with the MOP?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 2012-07-17 22:32:10 »
The ReTranslation works with the Hardcore mod with the exception of a few scenes and most of the battle text.
If you're just using Menu Overhaul without the ReTranslation, then there isn't a conflict with the Hardcore mod.

If you install the Hardcore Mod AFTER installing Menu Overhaul, make sure to delete the BACKUP-dlpb folder before REINSTALLING Menu Overhaul.
Otherwise you'll have mismatched kernel and scene files and monsters will appear in the wrong scenes.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: 2012-07-17 23:12:02 »
I doubt it.   Although I am working on one soon enough.

Any case, it is Luksy who needs to do some work.  Turns out tS has a problem with scene bin's that have added AI text.  I am sure this worked once over but there you are.

As soon as luksy has fixed it up, I will add complete and total support.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 2012-07-18 22:06:50 »
Found a weird glitch inside the ice caves. http://imageshack.us/f/859/ff72012071814573351.jpg/

no means yes, yes means no lol

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: 2012-07-18 22:31:55 »
I did wonder about that before. Does this issue exist in original?

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 2012-07-19 00:13:54 »
I don't know. I'd have to check.

Edit: Without the Menu Overhaul it is working correctly.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-19 00:28:07 by KyubiNemesis »

JobeStroud

• View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 2012-07-19 02:15:44 »
Yes it does actually. It did even on the PSX version.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 2012-07-19 12:19:09 »
I don't know. I'd have to check.

Edit: Without the Menu Overhaul it is working correctly.

When you used a fresh flevel, did it do the same thing?  Guy below you says it does.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 2012-07-19 14:44:43 »
I just installed again. Ran it as administrator, even disabled my annoying anti-virus, and double-checked to make sure that I wouldn't accidentally have clicked the standard graphics option. No, FeliX's tweaked graphics option was checked, so I hit the install button, but I still see the standard materia graphics in-game.  ??? The funny thing is, I have never actually even tried to install the standard graphics, so they shouldn't be in my /../mods/Menu folder in the first place, right?  :-\

I have looked into this, the installer and files are fine.  Clear cache folder manually and see what happens. Has anyone else had this issue?

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: 2012-07-19 23:22:38 »
When you used a fresh flevel, did it do the same thing?  Guy below you says it does.

Does uninstalling the Overhaul give you a fresh flevel from backup? What I did was uninstall the overhaul and just try again without it installed and the yes/no options weren't reversed. If i have to reinstall the game itself, I haven't tried that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 2012-07-20 02:22:23 »
Yeah assuming you used fresh flevel to begin with, it will have pulled it out of backup and placed it back.  Is the text the correct way around btw?

i.e

YES
NO

on both?  In other words, is the fault the text is the wrong way around or that the option is broken.

DestroGalacticmon

• View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: 2012-07-20 14:29:17 »
I have looked into this, the installer and files are fine.  Clear cache folder manually and see what happens. Has anyone else had this issue?

The cache folder was empty already, but I deleted and re-created it in case there are hidden files in it. I'm going to try to install one more time and see what happens.

Argh, no result. It still gave me the standard graphics. I'm running low on options, it seems.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-20 14:45:19 by DestroGalacticmon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 2012-07-20 15:29:51 »
Check the actual folder after installation and verify that the files are the standard graphics when you select felix, or felix when you select standard.

DestroGalacticmon

• View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: 2012-07-20 17:29:13 »
Well, I'll be darned. The installer did give me FeliX's graphics when I chose the standard ones instead.  :o

Uhh... just to make sure, the shiny & dark materias are FeliX's work, right? And the grey ones are the standard, aren't they?
If I'm the one that mixed them up in my thoughts, I'm gonna cry.  :oops: