Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836674 times)

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5800 on: 2017-08-03 06:29:23 »
Ok, I think I figured out why the game crashes in Costa De Sol. Barret is in the Inn talking after the cargo ship. Whenever that happens, it causes something to screw up when you also have the Save Point options open.

Honestly, I think the save point is going to have to be moved somewhere else due to that. Putting it on the beach would work, along with putting it in front of the hotel, in the bar, or in front of the entrance/exit for the town.

EDIT; Ok, I went up to the Correl hills, then backtracked to Costa De Sol to see if things changed with Barret gone from the hotel room. They do. Before, right after the Cargo Ship pulled in and Barret was in the room talking, it caused the save point option text to mess up and the game to crash. Once Barret is no longer in the hotel, the issues disappear. And Barret will show back up in that hotel later on in the game when you're in the town.

So yeah, the save point needs to be moved, especially for players right after they leave the cargo ship. Leaving it inside of the hotel causes problems. Move it someplace else and the issues should disappear.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 08:09:28 by Robo Jesus »

FFman

• View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: 2017-08-03 08:15:43 »
I don't know if it is intented but after getting Cloud back, after Mideel, everyone is constantly at 255 SP. So it is easy to max Rank up every characters.

I also noticed that Gil Plus gives 44 Strengh.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: 2017-08-03 08:20:22 »
I just got to Mr. Smile for the first time this build, and if I'm not misunderstanding am I to gather that the amount of sources for each different build is now much different? My last play through everyone got 5 of each source and then specialized in 2 stats getting an extra 10 to each and a secondary specialty in 1 stat getting an extra 5 netting a total of 55 sources per rank up (with 1 of clouds and 1 of reds rank choices going for a balanced build resulting in a flat 10 of each source netting a total of 60 sources per rank). Now looking at clouds rank choices it states 5 of each source no matter what with specific specializations just like before, but if my math serves correct then "Ex-SOLDIER +5 Str/Mag/Spr" would only net a total of 45 sources, "Mercenary" and "Makonoid" with 50 sources, and "Shinra Trooper" with 55. Is this all correct? If so, why the dramatic shift to that from mostly balanced, I read a post from before 1.5 where someone thought ALL choices should net the same number of sources, just a bit of a shock to see the big change. Maybe its arrange only?

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: 2017-08-03 08:29:08 »
I just tested this, and I can confirm that the Gil Plus materia is giving characters extra strength. It did not give "44" extra points of strength for the character I tried it on, but if it's improving strength by 25% or 30% (the character I tested it on would seem to imply it's using a 30% bonus), it would explain things there with that.

That said, a Strength Plus materia is something to consider, and could potentially be used to replace things like the "Long Range" materia. That said, if it is used, it should be earned, and only claimable late game. A vitality or spirit plus materia would be so sweet at well, though sadly I doubt we will see those due to coding issues. :(
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 09:16:47 by Robo Jesus »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: 2017-08-03 09:22:50 »
Ok, I think I figured out why the game crashes in Costa De Sol. Barret is in the Inn talking after the cargo ship. Whenever that happens, it causes something to screw up when you also have the Save Point options open.

Honestly, I think the save point is going to have to be moved somewhere else due to that. Putting it on the beach would work, along with putting it in front of the hotel, in the bar, or in front of the entrance/exit for the town.

EDIT; Ok, I went up to the Correl hills, then backtracked to Costa De Sol to see if things changed with Barret gone from the hotel room. They do. Before, right after the Cargo Ship pulled in and Barret was in the room talking, it caused the save point option text to mess up and the game to crash. Once Barret is no longer in the hotel, the issues disappear. And Barret will show back up in that hotel later on in the game when you're in the town.

So yeah, the save point needs to be moved, especially for players right after they leave the cargo ship. Leaving it inside of the hotel causes problems. Move it someplace else and the issues should disappear.

I didn't encounter the crash issue while Barret being there. But I had some overlapping text between Barret's boxes and save point box. Might be a good idea to move it somewhere else.

I was wondering how the "cast on death" was working on vanilla (and if it was possible to bypass it). What I mean is that the Grangalan Jr. is casting "Stop" on death. I tried to kill it while it was sleeping and it still casted it. I think you can bypass those cast on death with some statuses in other FF but I'm not sure about FF7.

Also I encountered a model issue the first time I reached Mt. Corel, the screen where Barret is depressed. Cloud's model was a giant one with feet above, head under. Left the screen and walked back in, everything was ok.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847093167125479951/BC5513CDB365E1BC689D2B3B06CF43EE6F3D4F84/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847093167125480136/0105566AB2773AC6BC6CFA883CC5F3293EA4BE9C/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847093167125480286/A533F3AD10068A91642283983255C781D7D3C269/

No other mods installed, using steam version, patched with the last version (August 2nd)

FFman

• View Profile
« Reply #5805 on: 2017-08-03 14:05:38 »
After reaching the split part of the crater, Aeris disapears. I though that after getting the message about the new threat she would come back but no :'(

Almost finished the story in Arrange, it was cool. Only 1 boss gave me a hard time : Barbariccia GT at the end of midgar. A 30 min fight including 5/10 minutes of it not having MP.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 14:24:35 by FFman »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: 2017-08-03 15:32:59 »
Yeah, she shows up in the cutscene outside of Holzoff's where everyone gathers after the snowboard part, I can talk to her and she has dialogue, and I can still add her to my party. I replayed from an earlier save before she dies and still have the same issue where Aerith dies, there's the funeral cutscene, and right afterwards I can add her to my party and she still appears in the cutscene outside of Holzoff's.

I'm still looking for the line that adds her; I'll add handlers around those areas to check the var and correct it as well as a failsafe.

To complete Cid's level 4 quest, do you need to go to the Dark Cave? Dialogue is directing me to go to Wall Market but I don't seem to be able to get into Midgar. I thought that might be unlocked once the quest was activated but it doesn't seem to be.

No, you can dig up the Sector Gate Key from Bone Village and access Midgar that way: https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/130791-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/57001?raw=1

There is one spot where it says there is a level cap of 70. The place where you can fight in the Junon Leagues, with the ghosts who didn't pass on. One of those ghosts says there's a level cap. That's probably what Webbhead08 was talking about.

Anyways, I just encountered two issues with the Costa De Sol save point. One, the text on it is broken. Two, it causes my game to crash when I use it. Here's a quick screenshot of the brokenness bit.

Barret has lines that pop up there, which are likely interfering with the window handling the save point. I'll need to either move it or hide it until the player has rested at the Inn; that or I can use a different window ID, I think there's four I can use which would work out (and have Barret's scripts freeze while the save point plays).

Ah, Wutai. It's good that not even mastered materia are discriminated against.

Noticed something strange and not sure if intended.
Spoiler: show
 Alpha Rapps doesn't have enough MP to cast anything and, when berserked via War Gong, does not attack. It instead attempts to cast on each of its turns.

EDIT: For pagoda.
 Are we supposed to be unable to morph Shake and Chekhov? I get the feeling it's possible to morph Shake with a 255 accuracy weapon (if Yuffie has one), but Chekhov stumps me.

He probably doesn't have a Berserk attack set or something; I'll add one.

The Pagoda battles were changed a fair bit so I don't know if Morphing is still viable; if not, I'll remove their Morph items.

I don't know if it is intented but after getting Cloud back, after Mideel, everyone is constantly at 255 SP. So it is easy to max Rank up every characters.

Sounds like a debug routine; I'll remove it from the Highwind save point (I think that's where it was).

The materia is maybe messed up; I'll check the kernel for oddities.

I just got to Mr. Smile for the first time this build, and if I'm not misunderstanding am I to gather that the amount of sources for each different build is now much different? My last play through everyone got 5 of each source and then specialized in 2 stats getting an extra 10 to each and a secondary specialty in 1 stat getting an extra 5 netting a total of 55 sources per rank up (with 1 of clouds and 1 of reds rank choices going for a balanced build resulting in a flat 10 of each source netting a total of 60 sources per rank). Now looking at clouds rank choices it states 5 of each source no matter what with specific specializations just like before, but if my math serves correct then "Ex-SOLDIER +5 Str/Mag/Spr" would only net a total of 45 sources, "Mercenary" and "Makonoid" with 50 sources, and "Shinra Trooper" with 55. Is this all correct? If so, why the dramatic shift to that from mostly balanced, I read a post from before 1.5 where someone thought ALL choices should net the same number of sources, just a bit of a shock to see the big change. Maybe its arrange only?

This is assuming each stat is weighted equally, which I don't feel they are; the Ranks that cover stats with lower weight or which would result in a heavily skewed character give more overall to compensate as opposed to the more normal ones that give gains to a character's naturally strongest stats.

I just tested this, and I can confirm that the Gil Plus materia is giving characters extra strength. It did not give "44" extra points of strength for the character I tried it on, but if it's improving strength by 25% or 30% (the character I tested it on would seem to imply it's using a 30% bonus), it would explain things there with that.

That said, a Strength Plus materia is something to consider, and could potentially be used to replace things like the "Long Range" materia. That said, if it is used, it should be earned, and only claimable late game. A vitality or spirit plus materia would be so sweet at well, though sadly I doubt we will see those due to coding issues. :(

I can make a Plus Materia for any stat, but I'm not planning to make a Vit/Spr/Str Plus Materia.

I didn't encounter the crash issue while Barret being there. But I had some overlapping text between Barret's boxes and save point box. Might be a good idea to move it somewhere else.

I was wondering how the "cast on death" was working on vanilla (and if it was possible to bypass it). What I mean is that the Grangalan Jr. is casting "Stop" on death. I tried to kill it while it was sleeping and it still casted it. I think you can bypass those cast on death with some statuses in other FF but I'm not sure about FF7.

Also I encountered a model issue the first time I reached Mt. Corel, the screen where Barret is depressed. Cloud's model was a giant one with feet above, head under. Left the screen and walked back in, everything was ok.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847093167125479951/BC5513CDB365E1BC689D2B3B06CF43EE6F3D4F84/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847093167125480136/0105566AB2773AC6BC6CFA883CC5F3293EA4BE9C/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847093167125480286/A533F3AD10068A91642283983255C781D7D3C269/

No other mods installed, using steam version, patched with the last version (August 2nd)

That's an issue with the game rather than the mod, the cause isn't known but it seems to be more likely to occur on certain fields than others. The only way to correct it is to leave the field and then return.

After reaching the split part of the crater, Aeris disapears. I though that after getting the message about the new threat she would come back but no :'(

Almost finished the story in Arrange, it was cool. Only 1 boss gave me a hard time : Barbariccia GT at the end of midgar. A 30 min fight including 5/10 minutes of it not having MP.

I'll make adjustments to Barbariccia GT and check out the Crater scripts; maybe the var check is backwards there or something.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: 2017-08-03 15:53:56 »
so i fought powersoul keeper without the trine patch on. tifa rendered it a joke as is becoming usual.

am i just too overleveled at this point? what level were people fighting this at?

Cloud 39
Tifa 41
Aeris 38

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: 2017-08-03 16:07:33 »
Hey Sega Chief, just wanna say, you are the friggin' man. I can't say I've come across many mod developers who are this involved with their project and the community around it. Thanks again for reviving this classic game.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: 2017-08-03 16:26:38 »
I guess I understand the stat weights being different to some extent. I guess just looking at clouds brings me down a bit, none of the ranks really grab me as the play style I want for him. I'm about to look through the rest, hopeful that cloud is the only one who's ranks seem lackluster to me. May just be me but looking at total amount of stat points and knowing that I choose a path that doesn't net the most possible is hard for me to do, but the one that gives the most may not be the style I want to play. I suppose that may be the point of them being weighed differently?

Edit: Suppose I could have been more specific about why I find Clouds lackluster, the most notable thing is there is no rank up option that offers either Strength, Vitality and Spirit OR Magic, Vitality and Spirit. Those are the ways I tend to build Cloud, tanky with a single offensive proficiency. 
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 16:39:31 by Soulofsteel »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: 2017-08-03 16:48:03 »
so i fought powersoul keeper without the trine patch on. tifa rendered it a joke as is becoming usual.

am i just too overleveled at this point? what level were people fighting this at?

Cloud 39
Tifa 41
Aeris 38
I fought it at 38, but I don't Limit grind or set limit strategies.

I was only at level 38 because of my encounter luck and backtracking to get Enemy Skills. I went into the Powersoul Keeper fight, slowed it, threw a vaccine at it, Big Guard, and began the beatdown. Killed it pretty fast and didn't have anyone drop too low considering I forgot to equip the Bolt Ring and I was using double equipment (so no elemental defense), but limit only came into play for me in the last 5k HP or so. If I had Fury Brand, I'd probably be doing what you're doing.

And yea, ComradeDroog, SC is amazing. After the Wutai Pagoda, I'm either speechless or laughing randomly from the cleverness.

@Soulofsteel
I'd just make up for the other defensive stat with equipment, materia load out, and status. Cloud's Rank Up options are definitely playing up the Hybrid designation, but NT offers a lot of tools to make up for it.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: 2017-08-03 17:05:58 »
@Soulofsteel
I'd just make up for the other defensive stat with equipment, materia load out, and status. Cloud's Rank Up options are definitely playing up the Hybrid designation, but NT offers a lot of tools to make up for it.

I suppose that is probably the intent. I definitely love this mod and 1.5 has impressed me completely thus far, the rank up options are the ONLY thing that I haven't loved about it. I looked through the rest and most characters don't have a set that I REALLY like which is unfortunate. The previous versions rank ups had sets I really liked and was excited to try, it seems less so now but I guess it gives me a new way to adapt and change up my play style. Pretty small grievance in the end, and I may be surprised, just thinking about what sets to choose is way harder for me this time around which could be both good and bad.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: 2017-08-03 17:15:24 »
Unrelated to my last post, just forgot to mention it when I came across it on arrange. Should be noted that this was done on the 1.5 release a few days ago before any rounds of patching.

The Reno fight on the pillar in Midgar. This was an odd fight for me, I poisoned him early with one of the items you can have at that point (cant remember which one), so he was taking a hefty chunk every turn. I wasn't sure how to get rid of the pyramids as physical attacks did nothing, and the character it was on seemed to reflect any spells cast on them. Tifa was hit with it very early, and stayed that way for the whole fight. Barret got hit maybe half way or so, and cloud got it a few turns before the fight was over. The fight became an auto fight, i just sat waiting, never getting a turn while Reno took poison damage every turn and whatever he tried to hit anybody on my team with, either did nothing in the case of physical attacks, or hit himself in the case of magic attacks. Not sure if that is all intended, but the fight was more or less free for me as he couldn't hit me at all for about a quarter of the fight. 

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: 2017-08-03 17:42:29 »
Not a big deal but forgot to say last night, I stole a Mast Ax from Scorp in Temple of Ancients, which isn't a listed steal in the excel tables.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: 2017-08-03 17:44:08 »
Unrelated to my last post, just forgot to mention it when I came across it on arrange. Should be noted that this was done on the 1.5 release a few days ago before any rounds of patching.

The Reno fight on the pillar in Midgar. This was an odd fight for me, I poisoned him early with one of the items you can have at that point (cant remember which one), so he was taking a hefty chunk every turn. I wasn't sure how to get rid of the pyramids as physical attacks did nothing, and the character it was on seemed to reflect any spells cast on them. Tifa was hit with it very early, and stayed that way for the whole fight. Barret got hit maybe half way or so, and cloud got it a few turns before the fight was over. The fight became an auto fight, i just sat waiting, never getting a turn while Reno took poison damage every turn and whatever he tried to hit anybody on my team with, either did nothing in the case of physical attacks, or hit himself in the case of magic attacks. Not sure if that is all intended, but the fight was more or less free for me as he couldn't hit me at all for about a quarter of the fight. 

The pyramids can be removed using offensive magic for that fight. I did the same thing trying to use physical attacks to get rid of them...so I did a what if scenario? Sure enough, it worked!  :-D

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: 2017-08-03 18:01:35 »
Hey so i just started to play this mod and it seems that there is some issue with the overhaul mod and the NT 1.5(using the 7th heaven).
Basically when i turn the overhaul and the NT mod on(meaning that the "exe" i use is "ff7_mo.exe") the materia stats seems to change i get like -8 atk and magic and +10 dex using the cover materia i believe and it changes for every other materia i think. Although when i turn off the overhaul mod and chose the "ff7.exe" the materia stats seem to change back to normal, now im kinda confused because im not sure which one is correct, but im sure there is some kinda problem with the overhaul and the NT mod?
BTW using the beacause mod along with the overhaul(turning both on) changes the materia back to normal again, so i guess il use that :)
Also im sorry for my bad english
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 18:05:53 by ArsusFH »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: 2017-08-03 18:14:41 »
Hey so i just started to play this mod and it seems that there is some issue with the overhaul mod and the NT 1.5(using the 7th heaven).
Basically when i turn the overhaul and the NT mod on(meaning that the "exe" i use is "ff7_mo.exe") the materia stats seems to change i get like -8 atk and magic and +10 dex using the cover materia i believe and it changes for every other materia i think. Although when i turn off the overhaul mod and chose the "ff7.exe" the materia stats seem to change back to normal, now im kinda confused because im not sure which one is correct, but im sure there is some kinda problem with the overhaul and the NT mod?
BTW using the beacause mod along with the overhaul(turning both on) changes the materia back to normal again, so i guess il use that :)
Also im sorry for my bad english

use ff7_bc.exe

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: 2017-08-03 18:20:53 »
No, you can dig up the Sector Gate Key from Bone Village and access Midgar that way: https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/130791-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/57001?raw=1
Oh I see; the source I was using had me digging in the wrong place for the key, which made me think you had removed it.

I'm not sure if you saw this:
The Intel officer says to go to Leviathan Cave for Yuffie, but nothing seems to happen when I do. Does getting Leviathan in Disc 2 break this quest? Or are the instructions outdated?

I should also note that I spoke with the "Lost and Found" person just in case the upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 coupled with getting Leviathan interfered with the quest, but he didn't seem to pay it any mind and offered to reset Cid's quest before I had even started it.

atro city

• View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: 2017-08-03 21:39:31 »
Congratulations on your 1.5 release Sega Chief. I'm sure there's a ton of new stuff you've added and changed since the last time I played (I believe it was 1.1 a few years ago). I'm confused as to whether to play the regular version or this new Arrange mode though. I don't really understand the difference between them. Is Arrange mode supposed to be more "Hardcore" difficulty?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: 2017-08-03 23:45:12 »

Cloud 39
Tifa 41
Aeris 38

Could I get your save file? I noticed that your menu UI was different and want to check, just in case this is an .EXE thing (which can affect Limits, the damage/effects for them are stored there). Lv.40 isn't drastically higher than where it's intended to be.

I suppose that is probably the intent. I definitely love this mod and 1.5 has impressed me completely thus far, the rank up options are the ONLY thing that I haven't loved about it. I looked through the rest and most characters don't have a set that I REALLY like which is unfortunate. The previous versions rank ups had sets I really liked and was excited to try, it seems less so now but I guess it gives me a new way to adapt and change up my play style. Pretty small grievance in the end, and I may be surprised, just thinking about what sets to choose is way harder for me this time around which could be both good and bad.

Well, I could add a fifth set to each Rank if need be; stat-wise, what did you have in mind?

I'll check into it, definitely not how it was intended to be.

Oh I see; the source I was using had me digging in the wrong place for the key, which made me think you had removed it.

I'm not sure if you saw this:
I should also note that I spoke with the "Lost and Found" person just in case the upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 coupled with getting Leviathan interfered with the quest, but he didn't seem to pay it any mind and offered to reset Cid's quest before I had even started it.

I would return there on Disc 3, and see if it works. I think I forgot to adjust the triggers so that going to the bottom of north crater was no longer required for a lot of the Lv.4 Limit stuff.

Congratulations on your 1.5 release Sega Chief. I'm sure there's a ton of new stuff you've added and changed since the last time I played (I believe it was 1.1 a few years ago). I'm confused as to whether to play the regular version or this new Arrange mode though. I don't really understand the difference between them. Is Arrange mode supposed to be more "Hardcore" difficulty?

Welcome back, bud! Arrange is more difficult with some remixed encounters and a generally higher enemy Level (some can also use different attacks). I'd go with Normal for now as there's been a lot of changes in the last year or so but feel free to give Arrange a whirl.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5820 on: 2017-08-04 00:19:58 »
« Last Edit: 2017-08-04 00:24:39 by selius »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: 2017-08-04 00:25:40 »
Sega Chief, about MP Plus

I was agreeing with you on it being unique so selling it would be a one time deal, but the Temple of the Ancients has another one lying around at the half-way point of the long, Indiana Jones hallway. May want to switch that one out for another EXP Plus or something.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: 2017-08-04 00:50:48 »
I think you missed it Sega in that mess I posted back there so I'll repost it here:
Zieg does not work correctly if he supposed to slice himself. He does everything up to Odin but it targets you instead of him. You survive the fight because he ejects you earlier, but yeah. I tried updating the patch but it wouldn't let me so it's the most recent version.

Also want to confirm what others have said regarding Echo Screens. They don't fix Darkness again.

One last thing. In the Corel Prison, you can use your PHS before finding Barret in the house near the truck where you can rest. If you do the game thinks Cait Sith is still in your party, will be invisible in the house and say his dialogue. I don't remember if how this was handled in Vanilla FF7 unfortunately. I guess either PHS was disabled or trying to remove Cait Sith was disabled. Not sure.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: 2017-08-04 01:07:30 »
Well, I could add a fifth set to each Rank if need be; stat-wise, what did you have in mind?

I'll toss out what I can come up with. Spoiler tag for text wall and potential future (slight?) spoilers. I didn't include rank names because I feel like that would be better left up to you unless you want some names, and of course the weights might be imbalanced, they're just some ideas.

Cloud: Any set that has 1 offence stat and both vitality and spirit. Examples: +10 vit +5 strength/spirit OR +10 magic +5 vit/spirit

Barret: I actually really like his options namely Marauder and Heavy Metal but for the sake of adding 1 to everyone, maybe a crazy set like high Dex and Luck since those are far from his strong suits. Example: +10 or 15 dex/luck

Tifa: Was shocked to see nothing that was high dex for her, so maybe a high dex low strength option, or dex/strength/luck. Examples: +15 dex +5 strength OR +10 dex/strength OR +10 dex +5 strength/luck

Aeris: Also pretty happy with them overall but again just for adding something maybe balanced magic/dex or magic/spirit for either potent spells and safety from magic or just to throw out spells as fast as possible. Examples: +10 magic/spirit OR +10 magic/dex

Red XIII: I ran balanced in the older version with him, would love to see an all stats choice again for him, he just seems perfect for it between his innate, his ultimate weapon formula, his offenses already balanced and defenses balanced with decent speed to compliment it all. If the overall stat gains was too high with that then maybe not adding luck since it is the only stat that is kind of the odd one out. Example: +5 Strength/magic/spirit/vit/dex/luck (maybe not luck or even dex if its too imbalanced)

Yuffie: Gil Bandit is the only choice for me right now, I think a high strength low dex rank would be good, or high magic low dex as the ones that currently offer high strength or magic also raise one of her meager defenses that I don't have much intention of raising. Examples: +10 strength +5 dex OR +10 Magic +5 Dex

Cait Sith: My experience with Cait Sith is limited so I'm not too sure about him, but I know what sounds good to me is either  high vit/spirit with low luck or if too imbalanced then high luck with low vit/spirit. I want to run him super tanky and with HP shout wouldn't be too bad at physical damage endgame if its damage formula is still Damage = Max HP-Current HP(is that still correct?) Examples: +10 vit/spirit +5 luck OR +10 luck +5 vit/spirit

Vincent: Also pretty good as is, would enjoy a high magic low spirit set or even a pure magic set. Examples: +10 magic +5 spirit OR +15 Magic

Cid: Probably my favorite in terms of the current choices Shinra Ace is basically exactly what I'm looking for to keep him physically tanky, physically strong, and getting some good crits. Harder to come up with one for him as I don't think I would choose anything different if I had any set I wanted. So maybe something along the lines of high strength low luck, or even pure strength? Examples: +10 Strength +5 luck OR +15 strength

Also can confirm that Zieg is not working as intended.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: 2017-08-04 01:15:49 »
https://www.mediafire.com/file/us478qqbubyz1qv/save.rar

save block 3

cloud level 39 file is just before PK

http://imgur.com/a/bcHiv

Cheers bud.

Sega Chief, about MP Plus

I was agreeing with you on it being unique so selling it would be a one time deal, but the Temple of the Ancients has another one lying around at the half-way point of the long, Indiana Jones hallway. May want to switch that one out for another EXP Plus or something.

Ah, I see; that's supposed to vanish if the Zieg MP Plus is obtained, sort of like a fail-safe if the encounter isn't found.

I think you missed it Sega in that mess I posted back there so I'll repost it here:
Zieg does not work correctly if he supposed to slice himself. He does everything up to Odin but it targets you instead of him. You survive the fight because he ejects you earlier, but yeah. I tried updating the patch but it wouldn't let me so it's the most recent version.

Also want to confirm what others have said regarding Echo Screens. They don't fix Darkness again.

One last thing. In the Corel Prison, you can use your PHS before finding Barret in the house near the truck where you can rest. If you do the game thinks Cait Sith is still in your party, will be invisible in the house and say his dialogue. I don't remember if how this was handled in Vanilla FF7 unfortunately. I guess either PHS was disabled or trying to remove Cait Sith was disabled. Not sure.

I reckon I've got the kernels mixed up and used the wrong one for a patch. Thanks for the Corel Prison tip.

I'll toss out what I can come up with. Spoiler tag for text wall and potential future (slight?) spoilers. I didn't include rank names because I feel like that would be better left up to you unless you want some names, and of course the weights might be imbalanced, they're just some ideas.

Cloud: Any set that has 1 offence stat and both vitality and spirit. Examples: +10 vit +5 strength/spirit OR +10 magic +5 vit/spirit

Barret: I actually really like his options namely Marauder and Heavy Metal but for the sake of adding 1 to everyone, maybe a crazy set like high Dex and Luck since those are far from his strong suits. Example: +10 or 15 dex/luck

Tifa: Was shocked to see nothing that was high dex for her, so maybe a high dex low strength option, or dex/strength/luck. Examples: +15 dex +5 strength OR +10 dex/strength OR +10 dex +5 strength/luck

Aeris: Also pretty happy with them overall but again just for adding something maybe balanced magic/dex or magic/spirit for either potent spells and safety from magic or just to throw out spells as fast as possible. Examples: +10 magic/spirit OR +10 magic/dex

Red XIII: I ran balanced in the older version with him, would love to see an all stats choice again for him, he just seems perfect for it between his innate, his ultimate weapon formula, his offenses already balanced and defenses balanced with decent speed to compliment it all. If the overall stat gains was too high with that then maybe not adding luck since it is the only stat that is kind of the odd one out. Example: +5 Strength/magic/spirit/vit/dex/luck (maybe not luck or even dex if its too imbalanced)

Yuffie: Gil Bandit is the only choice for me right now, I think a high strength low dex rank would be good, or high magic low dex as the ones that currently offer high strength or magic also raise one of her meager defenses that I don't have much intention of raising. Examples: +10 strength +5 dex OR +10 Magic +5 Dex

Cait Sith: My experience with Cait Sith is limited so I'm not too sure about him, but I know what sounds good to me is either  high vit/spirit with low luck or if too imbalanced then high luck with low vit/spirit. I want to run him super tanky and with HP shout wouldn't be too bad at physical damage endgame if its damage formula is still Damage = Max HP-Current HP(is that still correct?) Examples: +10 vit/spirit +5 luck OR +10 luck +5 vit/spirit

Vincent: Also pretty good as is, would enjoy a high magic low spirit set or even a pure magic set. Examples: +10 magic +5 spirit OR +15 Magic

Cid: Probably my favorite in terms of the current choices Shinra Ace is basically exactly what I'm looking for to keep him physically tanky, physically strong, and getting some good crits. Harder to come up with one for him as I don't think I would choose anything different if I had any set I wanted. So maybe something along the lines of high strength low luck, or even pure strength? Examples: +10 Strength +5 luck OR +15 strength

Also can confirm that Zieg is not working as intended.

I'll have a look at these and see about making another rank set to cover all the bases.