Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4910199 times)

Spotty Len

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.92)
« Reply #10300 on: 2020-08-23 22:16:37 »
Recieving a certain limit from Barret in Kalm gave me a softlock, as you can see here. I'm gonna try talking to him from a different angle, since he seems to want to head in this direction.

EDIT : As Cid, I'm invisible in the playground area just before the Wall Market. I'm assuming he's not supposed to go there while the map isn't in "Sector 7 destroyed" mode, since I'm on Type B.

EDIT2 : As a counter to Dragonsong, the Black Hero used Frostpolo on the Green Hero.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-24 12:59:43 by Spotty Len »

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #10301 on: 2020-08-23 22:26:28 »
Type B. Shinra Mansion.
Spoiler: show
 Iirc in the note it says that the key is not in the vault but in a one of the boxes but I found it in the coffin, intended?
In the note there's a 5th line erased with "melody" Is there any porpouse to it that I'm not aware of?

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: 2020-08-24 13:02:13 »
he wishes to trade somethings :) he does tell u what they are.
Not really...  only W-Magic :(
« Last Edit: 2020-08-24 13:20:09 by Aquarii »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: 2020-08-24 14:52:35 »
I didn't see it mentioned, but Cid's Hyper Jump Limit tries to do Dragon's animation instead of its own.

It still does the right damage, but it looks silly.

Odd, but maybe I did something like change it to avoid the steam issue where Hyper Jump can crash the game. I'll change it back if that's the case.

Sorry to bother you again, but did you check the drain % in the main installer? I think its generally underpreforming. Though at endgame it might be too strong. So maybe keep all drain weapons at low attack (like Force Stealer)?

Edit: Is no weapon "morph" weapon anymore? I just got the umbrella expecting Str build on Aerith to be my morph char ... ;(

Maybe the .exes weren't rebuilt with that change implemented, will have it in there for the next.

The only Morph weapon is the Conformer; what I could do is make some adjustments to those weapons so that they fill this role again.

Type B: Shin-Godo:
Game always crash when his HP is 0. v2.0.92

How do i receive W-Magic and X-Attack from the Kalm Traveller?

I couldn't replicate the crash.

For the additional items the Kalm Traveller has, you need to first get him the three things he asks for. Once the Desert Rose, Earth Harp, and Guidebook are delivered he'll give you a bonus of 3 Materia: X-Attack, HP-MP Swap, and Core.

Not sure this has to do with the mod on type B, but I came across an invisible save point on the right exit of Area 0 (the one just before the passage to Shinra HQ during the Midgar Raid). It didn't seem very consistent, it stopped working as a save point sometimes but it still made the sound when I walked on it.

I guess people didn't like Curator being so hard, but I was way overprepared for it after it traumatized me in 1.5 and I was expecting the same kind of challenge. :p

I forgot to fix that save point so it's disabled there; it's actually the same screen as the one where you find the yellow Materia but with stuff added to the layer to make it appear different (that's why the save point code is there; the line code needs to be updated with something to deactivate it like the model).

Recieving a certain limit from Barret in Kalm gave me a softlock, as you can see here. I'm gonna try talking to him from a different angle, since he seems to want to head in this direction.

EDIT : As Cid, I'm invisible in the playground area just before the Wall Market. I'm assuming he's not supposed to go there while the map isn't in "Sector 7 destroyed" mode, since I'm on Type B.

EDIT2 : As a counter to Dragonsong, the Black Hero used Frostpolo on the Green Hero.

I added a thing where Cloud would move out of the way beforehand, but I forgot you can be here with Tifa and Cid as well so they just stay in his way. Will add that and these two other things to my notes.

Type B. Shinra Mansion.
 Iirc in the note it says that the key is not in the vault but in a one of the boxes but I found it in the coffin, intended?
In the note there's a 5th line erased with "melody" Is there any porpouse to it that I'm not aware of?

I moved the key but forgot to update the 'clue' so will sort that out.

The 5th clue has nothing to do with the safe, but instead refers to the piano which is actually playable; if you play the melody on it usually used to get Tifa's Final Heaven, then something happens but it needs to be done on Disc 3. It can also be tricky to play by ear due to some of the keys being 'duds' but they still register as key presses.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: 2020-08-24 16:28:04 »
Yeah, I think with any low-level run the first thing to be plotted out is: how can the attacks hitting the whole party be navigated.

Think I am stuck atm,
Demons gate
on a low lvl run.
 The main problem is that the Gate spams "Cave-In" which i have tried to protect myself against with water resist. Also noticed that you cant 3x Trine bounce with 3 Reflect rings on, so that was a wipe aswell. Any ideas how i can survive that or alter the AI with my actions?

Further i can point out that the Pincer battler with the two Dragons is pure RNG if you start with Sneak attack + Manipulate and pray that MVP Cait doesnt get attacked, since that might be something to look at. Other then that all bosses from Corel to the TofA is manageble

EDIT:
 After about 20 min of using Geostance, 30 Poenix Downs and keeping up with the dmg i managed to get him down to 2000 hp. Ofc he has a Almagaest (or whatever its called) and kills all my chars in one go. Looks like (for the time being) my low level run has ended :(

F*** YES I MANAGED TO BEAT THE DEMON WALL god damn it was tough. Aeris was MVP with Geo stance and Cait on a close 2nd with that large HP pool.

It feels good doing this challenge, I can assure y'all!
« Last Edit: 2020-08-24 19:22:49 by deha0002 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10305 on: 2020-08-25 01:52:46 »
Think I am stuck atm,
Demons gate
on a low lvl run.
 The main problem is that the Gate spams "Cave-In" which i have tried to protect myself against with water resist. Also noticed that you cant 3x Trine bounce with 3 Reflect rings on, so that was a wipe aswell. Any ideas how i can survive that or alter the AI with my actions?

Further i can point out that the Pincer battler with the two Dragons is pure RNG if you start with Sneak attack + Manipulate and pray that MVP Cait doesnt get attacked, since that might be something to look at. Other then that all bosses from Corel to the TofA is manageble

EDIT:
 After about 20 min of using Geostance, 30 Poenix Downs and keeping up with the dmg i managed to get him down to 2000 hp. Ofc he has a Almagaest (or whatever its called) and kills all my chars in one go. Looks like (for the time being) my low level run has ended :(

F*** YES I MANAGED TO BEAT THE DEMON WALL god damn it was tough. Aeris was MVP with Geo stance and Cait on a close 2nd with that large HP pool.

It feels good doing this challenge, I can assure y'all!

Sounds like it's going well; you're past the fight now but will answer some of the questions anyway.

Cave-in I think is Ice-element rather than water. You'll encounter Cave-in from the Icicles in Gaea's Cliffs but it's single-target and shouldn't pose much danger.

As for Demon Gate's AI, I think it will ignore characters that have the gradual petrify status that it inflicts from Petrif-Eye; I probably kept that in its NT 2.0 AI because I think NT 1.5 also kept the AI (or something similar). You can't really determine who will be the target for Petrif-Eye though, beyond them already having the status so it'd be more efficient to use a Vagyrisk Claw on whoever you didn't want to be attacked during the fight, though they're difficult to acquire in vanilla due to how they were positioned in Bagrisk's steal table. They're much easier to get in NT though, so could prob be used for this if they were needed.

The other thing you can do with Demons Gate is 'lock' it into using Demon Rush by dealing enough damage to get it to the next HP increment where it is due to go into the preparation stance for it. He spends an empty turn setting it up and then can potentially skip another turn before using it, giving some extra time to lay down damage and move closer to the next HP increment. I think in some runs you'd use heavier attacks toward the end in order to spend less time fighting him at lower HP, as his chance of using double rock-drop increases as his HP gets lower so you'd want him to be locked into prepping Demon Rush as much as possible at the lower HP thresholds rather than the higher ones.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-25 01:55:24 by Sega Chief »

CodeDoom

• View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: 2020-08-25 03:18:35 »
Just started this Mod and loving it.

One question:

I'm playing Type B and at the Corel Prison. The Item Placement File says that there is a Magic Counter Materia in this zone - am I just not looking in the right spots because I have had no luck at all!

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: 2020-08-25 09:22:14 »
Does it matter if I have NT at the bottom of my load order? I found I was having problems with my world map models  when I had it in the recommended slot. It would show the NT models instead of the ones I wanted to use.
Thanks

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: 2020-08-25 12:50:14 »
Completing the Nibelheim flashback and renaming the characters basically "resets" Cait Sith, as in his equipment is overwritten with the equipment he got when he first joins in the vanilla game (deleting whatever he had equipped in the process) and with a Transform and Manipulate Materia.

The bigger problem is it also destroys his SP upgrades, with no way to restore them because Mr. Smile considers him as fully upgraded. I can restore it somewhat with a save editor, but I think it's still an important issue.

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: 2020-08-25 21:40:53 »
I couldn't replicate the crash.
Yeah it solved somehow by itself. So the crash occured after the midgar raid and before entering the north cave. After completing the north cave (not killed Sephiroth yet) the game didn´t crashed when i tried it again and his hp reached 0. Weird :S

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: 2020-08-25 22:44:17 »
Just started this Mod and loving it.

One question:

I'm playing Type B and at the Corel Prison. The Item Placement File says that there is a Magic Counter Materia in this zone - am I just not looking in the right spots because I have had no luck at all!

It should be in the car junkyard, the screen prior to Dyne. But I remember toggling some of it on/off depending on the mode, that I think was one of them. It can be acquired from Chocobo Racing as well.

Does it matter if I have NT at the bottom of my load order? I found I was having problems with my world map models  when I had it in the recommended slot. It would show the NT models instead of the ones I wanted to use.
Thanks

Nah, it should be fine. Never really knew why world map went bottom, assumed it was in case there's script alterations but I don't make any to the world map.

Completing the Nibelheim flashback and renaming the characters basically "resets" Cait Sith, as in his equipment is overwritten with the equipment he got when he first joins in the vanilla game (deleting whatever he had equipped in the process) and with a Transform and Manipulate Materia.

The bigger problem is it also destroys his SP upgrades, with no way to restore them because Mr. Smile considers him as fully upgraded. I can restore it somewhat with a save editor, but I think it's still an important issue.

That's quite serious; I guess it's tied to this business with Young Cloud being overwritten by Cait when you recruit him. I'll need to ditch the rename thing in that case.

Yeah it solved somehow by itself. So the crash occured after the midgar raid and before entering the north cave. After completing the north cave (not killed Sephiroth yet) the game didn´t crashed when i tried it again and his hp reached 0. Weird :S

Maybe it's if he's in a certain stance or something else.

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: 2020-08-26 11:40:01 »
is there any info about Glacier Chocobo of what each greens or nut does?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: 2020-08-26 18:40:51 »
ye in this very thread is a list was sure. 

tbh would try them all thou :D

greens
pahsana  - gives you some clues for something else
mimmit - one with chocobo
sylikis w-item materia (u can get earlier than highwind via morph the grass at watui area
tantal is funny animations

nuts
carob cheese
saraha dance
zeio fight
lucile flies away

feel free to try the others  some change ur hp/warp u somewhere or do a yuffie replacement materia switcharoo :D

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: 2020-08-26 20:07:57 »
A certain round guy casts Cure3 as a counter on the entire party instead of himself, although I think it only happens when it's used as a counter, because he cast it properly once. Not sure it's intentional.

I also don't think he dropped anything after dying, although I'm probably gonna reload and fight him again later because I cheesed him by accident with Great Gospel and plenty of Counter Attacks while he killed himself with Doomsday.

Ryok

• View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: 2020-08-27 03:46:32 »
Hey love the mod but i have a problem
Everytime i beat godo the game softlocks for me on yuffies dialoge after the battle
I tried turning all other mods except new threat off but it still happens
Also i'd really appreciate it if you'd add an NPC again that points you towards the new bosses and such

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: 2020-08-27 11:51:26 »
Sorry for asking here, but I don't really know where to find this info. After CD3 starts, I couldn't find any shop selling the Osmose Materia, I didn't buy one yet because I didn't really needed it, but I figured I'd get one so I can make a Master Magic at some point.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-27 17:43:35 by Spotty Len »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: 2020-08-27 17:53:37 »
Sorry for asking here, but I don't really know where to find this info. After CD3 starts, I couldn't find any shop selling the Osmose Materia

doesnt the materia shop at costadelsol have it still?
it cost around 18k gil soon as u went their. i'll check the figure

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: 2020-08-27 18:20:00 »
Yeah, it was there before CD3, but it isn't anymore.

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: 2020-08-27 20:42:25 »
IDK if this is the right place to ask but... things started to get really hard at around when ultimate weapon arrives at mideel. I focused my stats mainly on strength, magic, dex, and my defense/mag def is ok but far from strong. Do you guys recommend I focus on growing vitality and spirit for these last rank up? I have only 2 or 3 left for each character. What I'm concerned about is that if I focus on defense my attack will be "weak" in the end game.

I could beat all the bosses so far including three of the materia caves. But those two in the summon materia cave are so unfair (or I'm weak anyway). Ultimate weapon swept the floor with me too.

I thought about source farming but I think there's no such thing as that in this mod. Well, if you have any ideas tell me please.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-27 23:59:04 by PoolHandMan »

tbcam88

• View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: 2020-08-27 21:04:35 »
New Threat 2.0 Documentation
Download
Contains the following in Notepad format:
*) FF7 NT 2.0 Balancing
*) FF7 NT 2.0 Features Overview
*) FF7 NT 2.0 Item & Materia Placements
*) FF7 NT 2.0 Models List (modder's resource)
*) FF7 NT 2.0 Patch Notes
*) FF7 NT SP Upgrades

I'm currently on v1.5 which I installed back in June; the 1.5 documentation details different names/throttled effects for many of the game's enemy skills (eg. 'Magic Hammer' is now 'Vital Hammer' and drains HP as opposed to MP). After browsing the 2.0 documentation this evening I noticed the names listed are instead as per vanilla FFVII - have the enemy skill effects all been returned to normal as well?

If so, I'd maybe like to upgrade to 2.0. Will my save file be compatible/glitch-free if I do a fresh install and simply copy said save over?

Am I right in the assumption this new version is somewhat easier/closer to vanilla FFVII in terms of mechanics and the like? From what I'd read above I got the impression certain things have been reverted back to normal. :( I'm enjoying 1.5 so far (as well as it's difficulty) but the chronic fear of missing out has me worried 2.0 might be the superior experience of the two! :D
« Last Edit: 2020-08-27 21:56:35 by tbcam88 »

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #10320 on: 2020-08-28 02:12:08 »
Reasonably sure that you should start a new game when switching from 1.5 to 2.* Mainly because the balance is way different

Ryok

• View Profile
« Reply #10321 on: 2020-08-28 03:10:36 »
sorry i meant to say my problems occured with shin godo, i did not know that the pagoda changes later ^^

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10322 on: 2020-08-28 10:06:15 »
IDK if this is the right place to ask but... things started to get really hard at around when ultimate weapon arrives at mideel. I focused my stats mainly on strength, magic, dex, and my defense/mag def is ok but far from strong. Do you guys recommend I focus on growing vitality and spirit for these last rank up? I have only 2 or 3 left for each character. What I'm concerned about is that if I focus on defense my attack will be "weak" in the end game.

I could beat all the bosses so far including three of the materia caves. But those two in the summon materia cave are so unfair (or I'm weak anyway). Ultimate weapon swept the floor with me too.

I thought about source farming but I think there's no such thing as that in this mod. Well, if you have any ideas tell me please.

I cast STOP on the spider kind one, if STOP runs out recast.
If you feel you are too weak go exp on Mideel Beach Worm enemy

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10323 on: 2020-08-28 17:39:28 »
I cast STOP on the spider kind one, if STOP runs out recast.
If you feel you are too weak go exp on Mideel Beach Worm enemy

items usually have a much greater chance of applying status effect :)
eg dreampowder 96% or something chance  rather than sleepel spell which is a lot lower chance.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10324 on: 2020-08-29 01:09:27 »
A certain round guy casts Cure3 as a counter on the entire party instead of himself, although I think it only happens when it's used as a counter, because he cast it properly once. Not sure it's intentional.

I also don't think he dropped anything after dying, although I'm probably gonna reload and fight him again later because I cheesed him by accident with Great Gospel and plenty of Counter Attacks while he killed himself with Doomsday.

His targeting for Cure3 and Lv Holy are messed up as he swaps the attacks out and these two are paired in that regard. I think Doomsday I was on the fence about making him either absorb it or take damage from it as you can influence this in the game he appears in, but I opted for it to damage him in the end.

Hey love the mod but i have a problem
Everytime i beat godo the game softlocks for me on yuffies dialoge after the battle
I tried turning all other mods except new threat off but it still happens
Also i'd really appreciate it if you'd add an NPC again that points you towards the new bosses and such

I'll add an NPC that does just that.

As for Godo, seems to be some issues there lately. When going through the scene, try to let each text box run its course; might be that when going through them, the two that appear together can perhaps break (although this occurs before the fight rather than after, so might not be that after all).

Sorry for asking here, but I don't really know where to find this info. After CD3 starts, I couldn't find any shop selling the Osmose Materia, I didn't buy one yet because I didn't really needed it, but I figured I'd get one so I can make a Master Magic at some point.

It isn't needed for Master Magic; I think the Costa salesman changes though on Disc 2/3 so I'll need to make sure it stays available.

Ultimate Weapon is more like a Disc 3 boss than anything else, with its fight in Mideel being like a survival thing (as he flies off after delivering a set rotation of attacks). Having defence against Earth and Shoot; so long as you can survive the Ultima Beam at the end then the fight is over.

The Materia Caves are also Disc 3 specced, but can be tackled earlier. The red cave in particular needs some set-up to deal with, like statuses and the like, but it'll be easier to deal with once Disc 3 and the stuff available in the Crater has been acquired. It is possible to beat it on Disc 2, but it'll be ahead of the curve of where a player would ordinarily be.

My advice though is to progress the story, get onto Disc 3, clear out the Crater, and then pick up on the Caves + Ultimate Weapon at that time.

I'm currently on v1.5 which I installed back in June; the 1.5 documentation details different names/throttled effects for many of the game's enemy skills (eg. 'Magic Hammer' is now 'Vital Hammer' and drains HP as opposed to MP). After browsing the 2.0 documentation this evening I noticed the names listed are instead as per vanilla FFVII - have the enemy skill effects all been returned to normal as well?

If so, I'd maybe like to upgrade to 2.0. Will my save file be compatible/glitch-free if I do a fresh install and simply copy said save over?

Am I right in the assumption this new version is somewhat easier/closer to vanilla FFVII in terms of mechanics and the like? From what I'd read above I got the impression certain things have been reverted back to normal. :( I'm enjoying 1.5 so far (as well as it's difficulty) but the chronic fear of missing out has me worried 2.0 might be the superior experience of the two! :D

You can't jump between the two, the savemap (switches I use for events, item pickups, tracking source upgrades, etc.) was revamped so you'll encounter a lot of issues like sidequests being flagged as complete or important items disappearing ahead of you.

Enemy Skills in 2.0 aren't radically different from the 1.5 skills. Magic Hammer drains HP like it did in 1.5, I just opted to go back to the original name. Skills like Roulette and Angel Whisper are also gone like in 1.5, replaced with Chronocure and Mustard Bomb respectively.

The new version is closer to vanilla in some respects; bosses are back to their original names + palette, albeit with revised AI, attacks, and stats. Random enemies are using the much more varied default formations rather than a condensed set that 1.5 used to make space for new enemies (some of which became unused and now just occupy space).

sorry i meant to say my problems occured with shin godo, i did not know that the pagoda changes later ^^

Just a question; did you do the pagoda earlier in the game or are you just doing the Disc 3 one? If so, that might be why the bug is occurring, I'll need to check.