Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4907453 times)

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.92)
« Reply #10350 on: 2020-09-03 03:35:27 »
hey, where is the long range materia in 1.5? it wasn't in the mythril cave, so I thought I would get it later but I'm in cd 2 already and didn't find it yet

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: 2020-09-03 10:55:25 »
hey, where is the long range materia in 1.5? it wasn't in the mythril cave, so I thought I would get it later but I'm in cd 2 already and didn't find it yet

If I recall correctly it is not in 1.5 it was to balance the game mod out.

SlackVain

• View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: 2020-09-03 12:28:18 »
This may be due to something overwriting the texture file where the button icons are stored. If you're using ESUI from the Qhimm User Interface IRO then I recommend turning that off and swapping to the stand-alone Enhanced Stock UI-rel2 IRO instead as this has NT support. It should be in the list of Browse Catalog.

That workt perfectly! Thanks for the help! And a big thanks for an awsome Mod!

Ffamran90

• View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: 2020-09-03 15:31:30 »
Sega, I don't know if this can help you to figure out the bug of hard mode toggle, but I just remembered that until the end of disc 1, bosses were actually very strong, especially the one at the end of disc 1.
After disc 1, bosses started to seem a lot easier. For example, the boss fought on gaea cliff and the next one were almost too easy for me.
So probably it could even be the disc change perhaps?
Spoiler: show

For the achievment, should I restart the entire game?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: 2020-09-03 15:55:48 »
Sega, I don't know if this can help you to figure out the bug of hard mode toggle, but I just remembered that until the end of disc 1, bosses were actually very strong, especially the one at the end of disc 1.
After disc 1, bosses started to seem a lot easier. For example, the boss fought on gaea cliff and the next one were almost too easy for me.

u can switch mode at any SavePoint back to hard :)  1st oppertunity after midgar is fort condor condor.  maybe an additional save point on the screen u leave maybe good idea. so myrthil mines can have the harder turk fight

Ffamran90

• View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: 2020-09-03 16:46:15 »
Yep, that I know WDX.
The problem is that I'm at cd 2 right now, with hard mode that got disabled by itself because of a bug and I didn't realize it.
So I've fought some bosses as normal mode

and I don't know if switching modes changes something to get the achievment, just that

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: 2020-09-03 19:55:23 »

and I don't know if switching modes changes something to get the achievment, just that

pretty sure u'll be ok :) 
 got reward with one boss myrthil mines on normal. I can upload a save file at most points just before any of the bosses if u wish to try hardmode if u like . all possible morphs/steals and drops up to that point of time except bosses which always stole and morphed from if that is of any use to u? :) 

« Last Edit: 2020-09-03 19:58:39 by wdx »

xerforce

• View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: 2020-09-03 21:28:51 »
hey everyone, i have 1 bug in nt 2.0,

on CD3 if i go back to bugenhagen he gives me the key from the "cave of the gi" and if i follow the pafh to the end ,where the stoned seto is, a cutszene from CD1 start and crashed after few dialogs

and exist a list of all enemytechs and materia? i missed 3 enemytechs and same blue materia for the master one.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-03 22:07:20 by xerforce »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: 2020-09-04 00:54:19 »
In NT 2.0 game B just need a question answering when does character upgrading become an option. I am at the part just about to enter Junon Harbor, and still not opened up in the extended save feature. The top option is still closed off. Any help would appreciated thanks.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: 2020-09-04 05:20:55 »
In NT 2.0 game B just need a question answering when does character upgrading become an option. I am at the part just about to enter Junon Harbor, and still not opened up in the extended save feature. The top option is still closed off. Any help would appreciated thanks.

after the next boss fight

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: 2020-09-04 08:56:39 »
after the next boss fight

Outstanding thank you very much  ;D ;D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: 2020-09-04 14:38:45 »
Is there some kind of "special achievment" related on playing all the game hard mode?
If so, this kind of bug compromises it?

Way it works is, a separate var gets set when hard mode is enabled from the beginning. If the save point toggle is used, and the field screen reports 'hard mode off', then this other var gets turned off as well.

there is one for type b hard mode no sp.  hoping also one for type b hard hard no exp will find out soon enough :)

i patched the temple of ancients area for my hard mode type b no sp no exp run :) surprised that found battlesquare much harder than temple of ancients bosses and jenova there after
 might want to buff up flowergirl or make her immune to beserk or something only took a couple of tries

I won't be doing that; the reason Berserk can be used there (and other statuses) is for the player to take different approaches to getting the fight done.

The disc change shouldn't affect it, but I won't rule it out. I'll need to set some time aside to match the battle var addresses to their field var addresses; there's a document outlining the savemap that I can check but I think it listed offsets rather than how they're listed in the tool.

Yep, that I know WDX.
The problem is that I'm at cd 2 right now, with hard mode that got disabled by itself because of a bug and I didn't realize it.
So I've fought some bosses as normal mode

If you use a save point to toggle it, then check the in-battle message and the field screen message that follows it. If the battle message says 'ON' then it means hard mode was disabled. If the field screen then reports 'hard mode off' it means the var handling the achievement has also been turned off.

hey everyone, i have 1 bug in nt 2.0,

on CD3 if i go back to bugenhagen he gives me the key from the "cave of the gi" and if i follow the pafh to the end ,where the stoned seto is, a cutszene from CD1 start and crashed after few dialogs

and exist a list of all enemytechs and materia? i missed 3 enemytechs and same blue materia for the master one.

I'll look into that; who was your party leader at the time?

There should be a list of the enemy skills in the documentation download on the first page of this thread, in the Item & Materia placements doc just after the Materia locations. The blue huge materia is only needed to generate Bahamut-ZERO; if it is missed, then you can dig up Bahamut-ZERO from Bone Village: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/351645122236827517/5CB21520AD41602532D6DE83286336394A19EFF6/

The chances were raised to 100% in NT, so don't worry about that 3.9% chance that image lists.

Edit: About the Cave of the Gi thing, I reckon what's happened is that Red XIII wasn't in the party as a var gets toggled once the boss is beaten but this boss only appears (and only disables the way forward) if Red XIII is also in the active party so if you went down there without him, it'd let you advance to the last screen and trigger the Disc 1 cutscene. If you add Red XIII to the party and then go down there, a boss fight should occur where you fought Gi Nattak.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-04 15:06:16 by Sega Chief »

xerforce

• View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: 2020-09-04 19:52:24 »
okey so it was the mistake that I got red XIII later via phs mod.
now i think have i all done but i can't find a solution to defeat
ozma
. is there a trick? all are max lvl and
flarstar as well as doomsday
give me max dmg despite shields.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: 2020-09-05 00:05:02 »
okey so it was the mistake that I got red XIII later via phs mod.
now i think have i all done but i can't find a solution to defeat
ozma
. is there a trick? all are max lvl and
flarstar as well as doomsday
give me max dmg despite shields.

Flare Star deals damage based on the attacker's level vs the target level, so being max level actually works against you in this case. It's a magic-based formula with 100% accuracy though so you could try stacking as much magic defence and magic evasion as possible to lift your odds of survival. 255 Magic Defence will reduce damage by 50% roughly, but you can up this more by using Hero Drinks for a total of 510 magic defence which is something like 99% reduction. Hero Drink IIs lift stats by 25%, while Hero Drink Classics lift it by 30%. It caps at +100% and is cumulative. If a character is KO'd, their stats revert to normal.

Doomsday is Hidden/? ? ? ? element, so you can block this with certain pieces of armour/accessories or with Elemental + a non-elemental Materia (the latter will null/absorb it with a lv2 or lv3 elemental). Guard Ring and Minerva Band are some examples. A Relic Ring will also absorb it but bear in mind it also blocks Restorative so you'll need to heal this character using either Poison, Gravity, or Hidden/? ? ? ? element attacks.

xerforce

• View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: 2020-09-05 10:13:45 »
kay i won off a another way^^
cloud with max possible str stat + 3 countermateria + 4x cut materia + anti mini ring + masamune. cloud hit ozma with 7k-8k dmg every time.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-05 10:19:04 by xerforce »

dethkab

• View Profile
« Reply #10365 on: 2020-09-06 02:46:58 »
If you are upgrading from 1.5 to 2.0 using the same save file, you can expect things not working properly for sure. It's recommended that you start a new game with 2.0 version, as it is not compatible with games started using 1.5.

And that's exactly what I initially did, but unfortunately the toggle does not work even with the new file.

dethkab

• View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: 2020-09-06 02:48:39 »
You just can not upgrade to 2.0 as there has been changes from 1.5 in many of the files and kernals, so just upgrading will cause issue with a lot of things. You really could do with just starting a new game again.

After upgrading to 2.0, I did exactly just that and started a new game.  But as I explained, changing the battle music to Field doesn't do anything.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: 2020-09-06 05:43:49 »
I took a short break after starting a B-mode game and accidentally saving over my latest A-mode save (not a lot of hours lost but a crushing blow to momentum), but I pressed on and made it to the bottom of the Northern Crater. I thought I read something about being able to fast travel back to the Highwind, am I misremembering?

Seems like a good time to do the rest of the LV4 Limit Break sidequests and hunt down the Weapons. Funnily enough, but not entirely surprisingly with my support-tank build, Cloud still hasn't hit the kill threshold for LV2, and the way things are going will never get there naturally, but it's probably worth farming that up as well.

Still having a lot of fun. The most annoying enemy in the Crater for me was Pollensalta with her counter-attack of applying Confusion + Resist (which means you stay confused even after getting hit by a physical attack). I spent a while trying to manipulate for Angel Whisper, but even with HypnoCrown it didn't seem in the cards. Are you supposed to learn it with a well-timed Confusion, or another method?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: 2020-09-06 08:50:51 »
I took a short break after starting a B-mode game and accidentally saving over my latest A-mode save (not a lot of hours lost but a crushing blow to momentum), but I pressed on and made it to the bottom of the Northern Crater. I thought I read something about being able to fast travel back to the Highwind, am I misremembering?

Seems like a good time to do the rest of the LV4 Limit Break sidequests and hunt down the Weapons. Funnily enough, but not entirely surprisingly with my support-tank build, Cloud still hasn't hit the kill threshold for LV2, and the way things are going will never get there naturally, but it's probably worth farming that up as well.

Still having a lot of fun. The most annoying enemy in the Crater for me was Pollensalta with her counter-attack of applying Confusion + Resist (which means you stay confused even after getting hit by a physical attack). I spent a while trying to manipulate for Angel Whisper, but even with HypnoCrown it didn't seem in the cards. Are you supposed to learn it with a well-timed Confusion, or another method?

can't learn angel whisperer in v2 its been replaced by another enemyskill.

did u try dispel the resist no ttoo sure if that works but might be worth a try :)

Ffamran90

• View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: 2020-09-06 11:16:45 »
Ok Sega, I just tested if the switch hard mode bug by playing a new game (hard mode ofc) until Kalm town.
YES, it happens after yuffie fight to get her on party.
I did a fight before entering kalm town, 0 gil gained.
The first fight after getting her was without her in the party, to be sure her innate wasn't doing something wrong, and I got gils.
Now I need a save point to toggle hard and see if it actually turns it on instead of off.
Hope this can help you

chang17lee

• View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: 2020-09-06 12:29:32 »
Hi!

I just downloaded the new NT 2.0 going from 1.5. I noticed that when I start the game. Tifa is included in the opening bombing mission and she will go with Cloud but when a random battle starts, Jessie's battle model appears instead but the name still displays as Tifa. Can someone help me with this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: 2020-09-06 20:51:20 »
After upgrading to 2.0, I did exactly just that and started a new game.  But as I explained, changing the battle music to Field doesn't do anything.

OK, I'll check it out.

After you trigger the scene at the bottom, the Save Point should appear close by. This has a teleport option in its extended options menu.

Angel Whisper was replaced with a skill called Mustard Bomb; while Pollensalta still uses a skill called Angel Whisper it's just an enemy attack rather than an enemy skill. Mustard Bomb can be picked up from the Red Materia cave. The Death Dealer enemy in the Crater on that same path as Pollensalta have a new skill called Chronocure you can grab though.

Ok Sega, I just tested if the switch hard mode bug by playing a new game (hard mode ofc) until Kalm town.
YES, it happens after yuffie fight to get her on party.
I did a fight before entering kalm town, 0 gil gained.
The first fight after getting her was without her in the party, to be sure her innate wasn't doing something wrong, and I got gils.
Now I need a save point to toggle hard and see if it actually turns it on instead of off.
Hope this can help you

Yeah it does; it narrows down where it occurs which will help a lot.

Hi!

I just downloaded the new NT 2.0 going from 1.5. I noticed that when I start the game. Tifa is included in the opening bombing mission and she will go with Cloud but when a random battle starts, Jessie's battle model appears instead but the name still displays as Tifa. Can someone help me with this?

Type B in NT 2.0 differs in places from the regular story events of the game, so some things occur differently like having Tifa along for the first bombing mission. What's likely happened regarding Jessie is that the Jessie mod is installed (or has been hard-installed at some point) and is replacing her battle model with that one. I'd recommend not having Jessie Mod enabled when doing a Type B run.

Edit:
Started work on figuring out the var issue that's affecting the toggles for Hard Mode and No EXP, think I've got a good lead on it. I've also added a save point to Kalm which was to ease testing + meet a request that's been made a couple of times as there is no save point between the Midgar escape and Fort Condor which is a bit of time.

Current stuff that's been implemented in the 2.0.93 patch (not uploaded yet):

v2.0.93
*) Temple of the Ancients: A chest would be flagged as opened during Type B scenario.
*) Ruby uses homing ray counter on Self instead of Self.PreviousAttacker
*) Shin Godo invalid attack ID set to a var under certain conditions
*) Lich GT: Drop, Steal, and Morph added.
*) Boss: Cure3 & L4 Holy Targeting issue + ???? Absorption for Doomsday added.
*) Hyper Jump and Dragon swapped back to original listings as anim for former wouldn't play correctly. Be aware that on the base unmodded Steam version of the game, Hyper Jump can cause crashes when used.
*) Type B Shinra Mansion Boss: MP Increased
*) Cargo Ship: Type B boss battle was using Type A boss instead
*) Shinra HQ F59: One of the fight triggers gives a Type A encounter instead of Type B
*) Highwind: NPC added close to other crewmen on the bridge, with information on locations for sidecontent
*) Wonder Square: Multiple Speed Plus could be bought.
*) Junon: Softlock on E-Junction when returning as Cloud after Weapon Raid; access to backrooms has been locked.
*) Midgar Raid: Save Point line was firing in wrong place in tunnels.
*) North Crater: Shield and EXP Plus Materia locations swapped for visiblity.
*) Zack Flashback: When completing this event, Cait Sith would be re-initialised resulting in a loss of sources and equipment.
*) Reactor 5: Type B boss has had a magic stat reduction made.
*) Pollensalta: Incorrect attack ID set for one of the counter-attacks.

Edit2:
So the source of the problem seems to have been identified; the G-Bike Minigame records the high score into a 2-byte value, in which the var used for hard mode toggle is stored. This would explain also why a user mentioned that they seemed to lose Hard Mode after making their way through the Gold Saucer in an earlier post. As for Kalm, seems there's a mysterious byte operation that's also in the scripts for this area that appeared to be interfering with it.

Because it's coming from the minigame, it means that the Hard Mode toggle flag itself will need to be changed which means implementing that across 250 or so scenes with 1, 2, or 3 enemies each. I'm guessing it'll be around 750 or so entries.

But it's not all bad news; through this, it seems that any of the addresses in the field var banks can be written to (or read from) which opens up a lot of possibilities for the future. If a 2.1 build swings around, I'll definitely be making use of this knowledge to have certain enemies change their behaviour depending on what you've done during the story. But for now, I'll focus on getting these battle toggle vars migrated into safe empty ones.

Edit3:
Another bit of good news, seems that the exp toggle wasn't breaking in temple of the ancients; just that the Type B variant had an enemy in it that wasn't set up with the AI for it.

Edit4:
Patches are up:

v2.0.93
*) Temple of the Ancients: A chest would be flagged as opened during Type B scenario.
*) Ruby uses homing ray counter on Self instead of Self.PreviousAttacker
*) Shin Godo invalid attack ID set to a var under certain conditions
*) Lich GT: Drop, Steal, and Morph added.
*) Boss: Cure3 & L4 Holy Targeting issue + ???? Absorption added.
*) Hyper Jump and Dragon swapped back to original placements as anim for former wouldn't play.
*) Type B Shinra Mansion Boss: MP Increased
*) Cargo Ship: Type B boss battle was using Type A boss instead
*) Shinra HQ F59: One of the fight triggers gives a Type A encounter instead of Type B
*) Highwind: NPC added close to other crewmen on the bridge, with information on locations for sidecontent (appears on Disc 3)
*) Wonder Square: Multiple Speed Plus could be bought.
*) Junon: Softlock on E-Junction when returning as Cloud after Weapon Raid + blocking access to back rooms.
*) Midgar Raid: Save Point line was firing in wrong place in tunnels.
*) North Crater: Shield and EXP Plus Materia locations swapped for visiblity.
*) Zack Flashback: When completing this event, Cait Sith would be re-initialised resulting in a loss of sources and equipment.
*) Reactor 5: Type B boss has small magic reduction.
*) Type B: Boss didn't have AI set for 0 EXP.
*) Added patched .EXEs for the Installer version.

The migration for battle vars for hard mode will take a bit of time. In the meantime, I'd avoid the G-Bike minigame in the Gold Saucer if playing on hard mode. Type B players may need to re-toggle hard mode on after clearing Midgar though as I think it uses the non-Motorball version for that.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-06 23:19:23 by Sega Chief »

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.93)
« Reply #10372 on: 2020-09-07 04:16:11 »
Hey I'm at the midgar raid rn. that curator boss, finally defeated it but

man that prize was the ultimate trolling. along with putting a crappy sense materia where w-item should be

you sir should receive a medal for trolling us poor players  :-D :cry:

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: 2020-09-07 16:47:25 »

*) Added patched .EXEs for the Installer version.

Was the Drain change added in this new patch? Just tried it on low lvl save. Red did 24 dmg and drained 3 hp.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10374 on: 2020-09-07 17:08:50 »
Was the Drain change added in this new patch? Just tried it on low lvl save. Red did 24 dmg and drained 3 hp.

Added them just there, 2.0.94.

v2.0.94
*) Shinra Mansion: A boss wasn't dropping its item.
*) North Crater: A script trigger was fixed.
*) Updated Drain adjustment in Installer EXEs.