Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] GeDoSaTo Config v2.3 (Compatible with ReShade)  (Read 177857 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] GeDoSaTo Config v2.3 (Compatible with ReShade)
« Reply #100 on: 2018-10-30 20:53:02 »
This happens when using two monitors I think?  But if you want to fix this, you can make sure you have 'fullscreen' selected in the normal game launcher, and then open your GeDoSaTo main config and force the fullscreen mode -- there are a few choices, so i'm sure a combination of these should fix your issue.  i think running things in fullscreen windowed might work?  what resolution are you trying to run the game in?  Have you selected your higher resolution in the FF8 launcher?

moccor

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2018-11-12 01:34:07 »
Well, I am using a laptop with a GTX1070 so I can't really remove that monitor even if I am extending to a 2nd screen so I hope that is not causing problems. I do have Full Screen and keep aspect ratio on in the FF8 launcher settings, however only with fullscreen disabled in the FF8 launcher, do I even reach near-fullscreen. I can get it to go fullscreen but with a border, which is reasonable. I played with the GeDoSaTo settings and tried different kinds of false/true for fullscreen and borderless fullscreen but I can't seem to get it working still. If Bordered fullscreen is the only kind of fullscreen compatible with the mods then it is a necessary evil and totally worth it, but I figured I'd ask the community here first, since I only recently read up on this stuff. But thanks for the info, If you have other things to try to potentially fix fullscreen then it would be appreciated, if not, I still greatly appreciate the help.

Edit: judging by videos I see on YouTube using these mods, I won't be surprised if bordered fullscreen is the only working way. It's likely out of most people's control anyway, considering the game is like 20 years old and released on Windows XP and I am now on Windows 10 with hardware that is way more advanced than required.

Edit 2: It seems the game goes into fullscreen fine without GeDoSaTo enabled/running. Hmm

Edit 3: So I figured, why not just avoid using GeDoSaTo all together if it isn't needed, so I installed ReShade and some of the mods no longer work. I assume its due to some dxgi or d3d9 dll being overwritten by ReShade. Is there a simple fix to get the mods working again or do I have to reinstall and edit config files all over again? Sorry for all the questions

Edit 4: Simply running the Lunatic Pandora installer for a few seconds for the d3d9.dll to extract and replacing it over the ReShade 3.0 generated d3d9.dll fixed the mods again.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-13 01:11:24 by moccor »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #102 on: 2018-11-13 03:44:14 »
Well, I am using a laptop with a GTX1070 so I can't really remove that monitor even if I am extending to a 2nd screen so I hope that is not causing problems. I do have Full Screen and keep aspect ratio on in the FF8 launcher settings, however only with fullscreen disabled in the FF8 launcher, do I even reach near-fullscreen. I can get it to go fullscreen but with a border, which is reasonable. I played with the GeDoSaTo settings and tried different kinds of false/true for fullscreen and borderless fullscreen but I can't seem to get it working still. If Bordered fullscreen is the only kind of fullscreen compatible with the mods then it is a necessary evil and totally worth it, but I figured I'd ask the community here first, since I only recently read up on this stuff. But thanks for the info, If you have other things to try to potentially fix fullscreen then it would be appreciated, if not, I still greatly appreciate the help.

Edit: judging by videos I see on YouTube using these mods, I won't be surprised if bordered fullscreen is the only working way. It's likely out of most people's control anyway, considering the game is like 20 years old and released on Windows XP and I am now on Windows 10 with hardware that is way more advanced than required.

Edit 2: It seems the game goes into fullscreen fine without GeDoSaTo enabled/running. Hmm

Edit 3: So I figured, why not just avoid using GeDoSaTo all together if it isn't needed, so I installed ReShade and some of the mods no longer work. I assume its due to some dxgi or d3d9 dll being overwritten by ReShade. Is there a simple fix to get the mods working again or do I have to reinstall and edit config files all over again? Sorry for all the questions

Edit 4: Simply running the Lunatic Pandora installer for a few seconds for the d3d9.dll to extract and replacing it over the ReShade 3.0 generated d3d9.dll fixed the mods again.

1 - I know that I use two monitors, and the only way for me to get fullscreen with gedo is to only have it on my main monitor.  Also, I was able to force borderless fullscreen by having fullscreen disabled in the launcher, but borderless fullscreen forced in the gedo setup.  also, if you alt-tab while it's forced borderless, you'll get a crash.

2 - yep, gedo can be a bit of a pain, but it really improves the overall edge definition of the text and all characters, giving better than AA results.

3 - I don't always use it, but I do always have reshade enabled.

4 - ReShade will work -- especially the reshade mod config i provide, but you have to install the OpenGL version of the .dll's because it will overwrite the tonberry d3d9 file (which injects all textures) if you pick the dx version.  i suspect the opengl version merely works because the steam version is probably using some version of aali's driver on the backend

moccor

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2018-11-14 01:15:36 »
Hmmm, tried again and it didn't work for me. I wonder if it has to do with my laptop or maybe its due to Nvidia DSR. But imo Nvidia DSR + ReShade does exactly what I want. Of course GeDoSaTo has way more features and resolutions though. And you are 100% correct, ReShade with OpenGL worked awesomely. I know you provided ReShade with your GeDoSaTo config, but I just prefer configuring it through the in-game menu, the text menus are kinda confusing. But yeah, with all these mods and the installer you've made, everything just works awesomely. Considering how old these guides, installers and videos are, they were done very well to where they still hold up months/years later. I'm used to guides where you have to figure out stuff on your own and your own workarounds because windows updates and GPU driver updates start moving stuff around haha

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2018-12-05 11:07:42 »
Hello,
I have a problem with the first step, when i ty to instal gedosato i have an error unhandled exception has occurred, and if i click on continue the instaler launch but don't progress (even if i wait) (i have  Visual Studio 2015 redistributable package, disabled UEFI, have NET Framework 4.5 and  Visual Studio 2013 redistributable package.
Tried with run as admin, compatible for windows8
I'm lost i don t know what i missed :/

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2018-12-05 14:48:02 »
Don't use the installer. Download the folder from the github.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2018-12-05 16:01:19 »
Ah so it would be work, but max res i can take is 1920x1080, and i don't have text in the top left of the screen when i launch the game

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2018-12-05 16:29:16 »
Edit found the problem, i mooved config folder in gedosato folder but not in gedosato/pack/config ;)
Thx for help and for the work !

Dio Holy Diver

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2019-05-09 14:30:56 »
Hi Mcindus - it looks like the download link has gone down, is there an alternative anywhere?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #109 on: 2019-05-11 00:28:59 »
Fixed!  Check the link in the main post :)

Dio Holy Diver

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2019-05-11 07:53:52 »
Fixed!  Check the link in the main post :)

Great, thanks very much! :)  Does this interfere with Project AngelWing field upscaling mod for Tonberry Enhanced at all?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-11 10:31:52 by Dio Holy Diver »

Aurano

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2019-05-21 08:10:58 »
Hello  :) ,

i have came onto this forum because i got some problems installing this mod, GeDoSaTo doesn't work because when i launch FF8_Launcher and look at the differents resolution setting i only get the classic resolution setting and in game i don't have any message at the left corner of my screen saying something change.
I launch GeDoSaTo at first and then i use FF8_launcher.
I din't change setting in GeDoSaTo.ini.
I use the reshade version of your pack and GeDoSaTo and have install it at "C:\GeDoSaTo\" in version 0.21.2310.
I have try to put the D3DCompiler_47.dll in the FF8 root folder.

Thanks in advance for help.
And if you don't understands something (because i'm not really good at english) feel free to ask me

And thanks to all people who works on these different great mod to enhance ours playing condition. :-D

Saphiro

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2019-06-12 00:51:57 »
Hello Mcindus i have a problem with your mod .... (sorry if my english is bad because i am french and not very strong in english)
So i have a moniteur with resolution 1920x1080 so normaly i must use configuration 3840x2160.

But when start FFVIII i have this :https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SZeyg3N9am_06drnksnge7m5KLn2lYgP

And FFVIII have a black border : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-E-pK3iY_SO4ao5XSTTV3q31HgTOWQ72

I give my GeDoSaTo localed in C:\GeDoSaTo\config\FF8_Launcher\FF8_Laucher

#########################################################
## Final Fantasy VIII Launcher Profile v2.3 by MCINDUS ##

## IMPORTANT: READ FIRST! ##
# If you need a different resolution than 1080p [4k], select one of the resolutions
# below by removing the (#) sign before the appropriate renderResolution command.
# Also, make sure you add a (#) symbol back to the default renderResolution if using an alternate!
# It's' highly recommended to set the Refresh Rate (Hz) to the same as your Output Device.
# The resolution must be a multiple of your Output Device to work glitch-free.
# ONLY USE THE HIGHEST RESOLUTION AVAILABLE TO YOU IF YOU HAVE A BEAST OF A GFX CARD!

## *** YOU MUST SELECT YOUR NEW RESOLUTION IN THE FF8_Launcher.exe BEFORE SELECTING "PLAY!" *** ##

## 1280x800 16:10 Notebook Resolution
#renderResolution 2560x1600@60
#renderResolution 5120x3200@60

## 1366x768 16:9 - Most Laptops
#renderResolution 2732x1536@60
#renderResolution 5464x3072@60

## 1440x900 16:10 - Most 19" Monitors
#renderResolution 2880x1800@60
#renderResolution 5760x3600@60

## 1680x1050 16:10 - Most 22" Monitors
#renderResolution 3360x2100@60
#renderResolution 6720x4200@60

## 1920x1080 4k [HD] - Default - Add (#) before this 'renderResolution' if using a different resolution above!
renderResolution 3840x2160@60
#renderResolution 7280x4320@60

##########################################
## MANDATORY - EDIT AS NEEDED
# Choose your current Output Device's Refresh Rate by removing the (#)
# If your Refresh Rate is 60Hz or you don't know WTF i'm talking about, do nothing in this area!
#presentHz 59
#presentHz 120
#presentHz 144

##########################################
## MANDATORY - DO NOT EDIT
# This overrides the 1280x720 Launcher Resolutions and replaces them with GeDoSaTo's
overrideWidth 1280
overrideHeight 720

Please help me to fix the problem

And nice joob for all your mod for FFVIII

guiguifun28

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2019-09-13 12:46:19 »
Hy,

I need help for this step please "C. Move the contents of the /pack folder (not the folder itself)". What does it mean? Where do I have to move it? Should I delete it?

Thanks for response

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #114 on: 2019-09-13 20:01:12 »
Hy,

I need help for this step please "C. Move the contents of the /pack folder (not the folder itself)". What does it mean? Where do I have to move it? Should I delete it?

Thanks for response

"move the contents" means move all of the stuff from INSIDE the pack folder into the NEW gedosato folder.

Alexwfm

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2019-10-21 14:03:52 »
Hello!

I'm super happy with Mcindus Lunatic pandora pack, unfortunately though I'm having a problem getting gedosato's downsampling to work.

It "worked" the first time I launched FF8, but when I selected one of the downsampling resolutions the game started in a very small window so I had to quit and restart the launcher, and since then I've not been able to see any of the new downsampling resolutions in the settings.

Checked the gedosato Log files and found this error when I choose the downsampling resolution:

FF8launcher_en
-> ERROR 7 creating hook for Direct3DCreate9Ex, target: 6820B06C, dll: 10000000

*repeated for a few lines*

as it is now if I start ff8_launcher.exe I don't get any messages in the log, if I start FF8_en.exe I get:

===== installation directory: C:\GeDoSaTo\
WARNING: no rendering resolutions specified in ini
hkIDirect3DSwapChain9::GetPresentParameters
===== end =

Tried creating a new gedosato folder in C: from the master with the ff8 config files but nothing changes
Tried also pasting the D3DCompiler_47.dll in ff8 root.
Tried adding the Ultra_launcher to the gedosato User list and it doesn't give any messages in the log same as FF8Launcher

the only thing I'm not sure it's if I installed RaW just before it stopped working or after, could that have interfered?

I can get the gedosato diag to show while in game and it says with post effect are on but then "no undersampling"

Not sure what else to try! It's a shame because it really looks nice with the mods but knowing it could look even better gives this missing out vibes that kind of spoils it!

Thanks anyway for the work,

Cheers
Alex

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #116 on: 2019-10-22 08:01:35 »
Hello!

I'm super happy with Mcindus Lunatic pandora pack, unfortunately though I'm having a problem getting gedosato's downsampling to work.

It "worked" the first time I launched FF8, but when I selected one of the downsampling resolutions the game started in a very small window so I had to quit and restart the launcher, and since then I've not been able to see any of the new downsampling resolutions in the settings.

Checked the gedosato Log files and found this error when I choose the downsampling resolution:

FF8launcher_en
-> ERROR 7 creating hook for Direct3DCreate9Ex, target: 6820B06C, dll: 10000000

*repeated for a few lines*

as it is now if I start ff8_launcher.exe I don't get any messages in the log, if I start FF8_en.exe I get:

===== installation directory: C:\GeDoSaTo\
WARNING: no rendering resolutions specified in ini
hkIDirect3DSwapChain9::GetPresentParameters
===== end =

Tried creating a new gedosato folder in C: from the master with the ff8 config files but nothing changes
Tried also pasting the D3DCompiler_47.dll in ff8 root.
Tried adding the Ultra_launcher to the gedosato User list and it doesn't give any messages in the log same as FF8Launcher

the only thing I'm not sure it's if I installed RaW just before it stopped working or after, could that have interfered?

I can get the gedosato diag to show while in game and it says with post effect are on but then "no undersampling"

Not sure what else to try! It's a shame because it really looks nice with the mods but knowing it could look even better gives this missing out vibes that kind of spoils it!

Thanks anyway for the work,

Cheers
Alex

There are a few settings in the GeDoSaTo config that you can modify. try loading d3d dll's early, etc. there are a few things there to try to enable/disable if you're having issues. Let me know if one of them works!

Alexwfm

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2019-10-23 00:35:23 »
Hi Mcindus, Thanks for coming back quickly!

I've tried enabling Load3d3early, forcepresres and forcealwaysdsres but it didn't seem to fix it.

I've pasted the current settings below, I was wondering if it's something that has to do with the FF8 folder rather than gedosato? As it did show me the DS resolutions the first time I fired it and I'd guess replacing Gedosato's folder with a new one would have fixed it?

Also I'm not sure about the part in gedosato's ff8launcher config, is that list of resolutions appliable to the game launcher or is it for the actual game? intrigued by that 1280x720 override command..

# Compatibility Settings

# Forces the constant reporting of the downsampling resolution in all applicable
# scenarios - a small selection of games needs this to show the DS resolutions
forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes true

# Emulate exact flipping behaviour
# requires some extra performance/memory,
# but may be important for some games to work
emulateFlipBehaviour false

# Restricts interception to only system dlls
# might increase compatibility with 3rd-party injectors, but decrease stability
interceptOnlySystemDlls true

# Force disables Steam in-game overlay from getting loaded into the process
# which caused some games to crash, even if it was disabled in Steam settings
preventSteamOverlay false

# Loads Steam overlay early
loadSteamOverlayEarly true

# Loads D3D dlls early - may cause some games to recognize GeDoSaTo which wouldn't otherwise
loadD3DEarly true

# Forces the present resolution to be set, regardless of what the game requests
# usually only makes sense in conjunction with game-specific plugins
# for games with resolution limits
forcePresentRes true

# For games which use strange methods to query resolutions,
# injecting a new one might not work. In such cases, you can try replacing an
# existing resolution. E.g. "overrideWidth 800", "overrideHeight 600" to replace 800x600
# 0 = override disabled
overrideWidth 0
overrideHeight 0

# GenericDepthPlugin options
# zBufCompatibilityFlag : bypasses d3d9 Clear flags (possible values: 2/3/6/7) <-- try this first if no AO shows up
# zBufClearIndex        : delays the bypass by x number of iterations <-- to fix potential flickering issues (usually 1/2/3 is fine)
zBufCompatibilityFlag 0
zBufClearIndex 0

# Override the plugin selection process to always select the given plugin
# example: pluginOverride GenericDepthPlugin
pluginOverride None

Capture2" border="0

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #118 on: 2019-10-26 21:07:55 »
Make sure you go through the list in the launcher and select your new supersampling resolution (4k, etc.) from there. It overrides the 1280 configuration. also, there should be /GeDoSaTo/config/FF8_EN/ and /config/FF8_Launcher/ that you're using. The Launcher file contains the resolutions. IF GeDo is successful, you should see the resolutions available in the Launcher, and no 1280 (I believe). 

Another route: Do you happen to use Nvidia? If so, you can set DSR in the Nvidia settings and then choose a downsampling resolution that way.

Alexwfm

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2019-10-26 23:57:32 »
Thanks for coming back!
 though I just did a clean reinstall of ff8/pandora/gedosayo and got the downsampling to work! So as I suspected as I went on installing Roses and wine I afterward lost all the DS options from the menu. Plus now I get both soundtracks playing at the same time :?
I’m trying to reinstall only pandora to see if that brings it back to normal..

When I could use the downsampling I had a problem with the fullscreen option. It would just open in a tiny window.. any ideas?

Cheers!

Alexwfm

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2019-10-27 00:07:24 »
Ok reinstalling the pandora pack didn’t fix it so fortunately I’ve made a back up of the FF8 folder. Swapping the back up instead of the RaW version means I can select the DS resolutions again!

Not sure what it is that roses & wine does to stop the DS options from showing..

Alexwfm

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2019-10-29 19:39:21 »
Good news!

Fixed the missing resolutions by adding FF8_Launch2 and FF8_Ultra_Launcher to gedosatos user list.

I had a problem so that both midi and RaW music playing at the same time, reinstalling RaW fixed it as there was a problem in the dmusic folder.

Only thing is a bit weird atm is the relation between using gedosatos Force fullscreen/Force Borderless or the one from the ff8 launcher.
The only usable combination that works for me is Force fullscreen off, Force borderless on, and fullscreen off in the launcher settings.

Also to add to all the weirdness if I choose one of the DS resolutions the gedosato diag text is super tiny -that suggests there's some kind of downsampling. Anyway the text shows "not downsampling"  :o

it does look fairly good anyway!

capgames

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2020-03-14 00:00:15 »
1. Download GeDoSaTo = http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582 and INSTALL ON YOUR **OS DRIVE**!
This link is not working seems the site is dead maybe? lucky enough you can use https://web.archive.org/web/20191028155424/http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582 do be able to download it

zeldagirl

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2020-03-14 14:08:39 »
Any videos of before mods and after mods ?

Hammull

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2020-03-28 23:18:02 »
@Mcindus

have you been able to get reShade to work with GeDoSaTo?

In a way that you can force reshade to load through Gedo thus allowing you for force reshade filters to avoid the user interface via injectVSHash that relates to the user interface layer of the game.

I'm not finding much help else ware.