Author Topic: A few questions about the overhaul  (Read 6183 times)

Raestloz

• View Profile
A few questions about the overhaul
« on: 2011-06-12 12:50:30 »
Well, here it is:
  • Is the field model a custom model or simply the original model rendered in high res? Because I noticed that characters have mouths when they shouldn't have one (seeing Jessie making that "Oh!" face all the time is very weird). I tried playing PSX version in emulator, the models are rendered just about the same size and they don't have mouths (I have never actually seen vanilla PC version, so maybe I'm just misinformed)
  • How does the custom Diamond Weapon model look like? I tried to search for it on the internet, but just can't seem to find it
  • How does the custom avatars (from Nero or something like that) look like?

Well, finally, not technically a question, but more like a suggestion: is it possible to add screenshots or preview of what exactly we're installing? I mean, sure, people from this forum might be familiar with the projects, but casual players who just want to play the game don't know what they're choosing. Barret and Diamond Weapon's models is a good example of this

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions about the overhaul
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-12 13:53:09 »
What does the search button look like?

Jaki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-12 14:09:47 »
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:30:54 by Jaki »

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-12 19:47:28 »
What does the search button look like?
Yes, my mistake. I assumed that if Google Search couldn't yield a satisfactory result, no other search system can. I was wrong, and more than that it looks like I used the wrong keywords when searching

Install it and ask yourselves how to answer the question.
It's kind of like saying "Eat it yourself and see" when someone asked "Has this food gone bad"?

It doesn't answer the question and/or the problem at (my) hand: it is unknown what kind of effect an installation option will yield until it is installed, somewhat a problem since there is no "uninstall" option

I myself reinstalled the whole game because I don't know which parts were changed during installation and decided I'd rather have the original model instead of the better one. My case is an especially stupid one, yes, since I installed the thing before knowing this forum's existence and my Google Search seemed to be a stupid case as well

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-12 20:14:51 »
Is the field model a custom model or simply the original model rendered in high res? Because I noticed that characters have mouths when they shouldn't have one (seeing Jessie making that "Oh!" face all the time is very weird). I tried playing PSX version in emulator, the models are rendered just about the same size and they don't have mouths (I have never actually seen vanilla PC version, so maybe I'm just misinformed)
PC model's differ from that of there PSX counterpart. PC version have mouths and other features.

How does the custom Diamond Weapon model look like? I tried to search for it on the internet, but just can't seem to find it
[Click Here]

How does the custom avatars (from Nero or something like that) look like?
[Click Here] <---I'm pretty sure those are the ones.

Hope this help's friend. I hope you enjoy FF7 and all it has to offer. :):
« Last Edit: 2011-06-12 20:19:58 by Mako »

Jaki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-13 01:51:16 »
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:30:44 by Jaki »

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-14 11:20:01 »
Thanks for the replies, I did a search myself and found the respective threads pretty quickly. It seems I should learn to search before asking questions

But still, thanks.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-06-14 23:12:07 »
lesson learnt = level  up!