Author Topic: FFVII Hi-Res Patch needed!! :(  (Read 4914 times)

Inactive User

• View Profile
FFVII Hi-Res Patch needed!! :(
« on: 2017-01-25 05:35:27 »
Hello everyone,

I am in need of the Hi-Res patch for FFVII. Unfortunately, all of the available links online are dead.

If someone could please upload it or provide a link (that after hours I couldn't find) I would be so grateful.  :) :) :)

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:53:46 by Inactive User »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: FFVII Hi-Res Patch needed!! :(
« Reply #1 on: 2017-01-25 15:18:09 »
I am in need of the Hi-Res patch for FFVII. Unfortunately, all of the available links online are dead.

I don't know one just called "Hi-Res patch". Are you looking for HD textures or backgrounds? Fancier character models? Literally just running the game at a higher resolution?

Most still-supported mods for this game are available through 7th Heaven. That's a mod downloader and loader, and generally the best way to mod your game. From it, you can select the mods you want individually.

corpse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-01-26 08:20:17 »
I think your after The Saint's High Res patch, its no longer supported, As there are far better mods.

but I've just found it on this site:

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/jeux/final-fantasy-vii/mods/35146-the-saint-s-high-resolution-patch

its a french site, but you can use google translate.

Thanks Tom.

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-01-26 21:29:54 »
Hey! Thanks for both of your replies.

Here I was about to reply that The Saint's High Res patch was indeed what I was looking for. Thanks Tom, and sorry for the slow reply Covarr.

You say that the High Res patch is now obsolete. I've downloaded the Bootleg Configurator, should I use that for all of my FFVII modding needs, or should I combine that with 7th Heaven? Is there really any need for 7th Heaven with the Bootleg Configurator?

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:54:05 by Inactive User »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-01-26 21:38:36 »
Bootleg is also very outdated and pretty much totally unsupported anymore. It's too much of a buggy mess for most people, and has old versions of many of the included mods. If you already have it and it works, there's no explicit need for 7H, but if you're getting started, 7H is going to give you a MUCH easier time.

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-01-26 22:12:50 »
Awesome, thanks for your advice. 7th Heaven it is!
This is very exciting, I've been a huge FF fan since FFVII first came out in 97 on PS1. I have played all of them, but my favourites would have to be IV, VI and VII. When I discovered the other day that I could upgrade VII to HD, I felt like it was Christmas, I jumped right into it and bought it. Now I'm learning all about it, but a lot of the information out there tends to be outdated.

Is it still necessary to use the Game Converter seeming I am using the Steam version?

If you wouldn't mind sending me a few links, and/or a few notes on do's and don'ts with an updated set of instructions for the best way to do set it up etc. I would be eternally grateful. If you don't have the time, or would rather not bother that's fine too! :P

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:54:27 by Inactive User »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-01-27 01:13:34 »
Thank you.  8)