Author Topic: Black screen after launch  (Read 6768 times)

Hinokagatsuchi

• View Profile
Black screen after launch
« on: 2016-02-23 02:30:52 »
Hey, if there is anyone reading, I'm having a problem launching the game.

I installed 7th Heaven and several texture/model mods, and when I hit the launch game option from the mod manager, the game black-screens and gives an error message saying "Postprocessing Initialization Failed."

I tried turning off postprocessing under OpenGL config, but the game black-screens without any error message instead.

If anyone has any ideas about what the problem is, that would be great!

EDIT: Now after a minute of black-screen, the main menu pops up. I can select new game, but the game crashes after that. Maybe the movie data isn't right, and that is causing the crash?
« Last Edit: 2016-02-23 03:25:30 by Hinokagatsuchi »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Black screen after launch
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-23 04:47:11 »
Yes, your move path either isn't set correctly in the registry (run the game converter to have it set), or you've changed the movie path in Workshop -> Settings after you ran the game converter.

The movie path should be set and registered to the ...\data\movies folder.

Hinokagatsuchi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-23 05:38:25 »
I ran the converter again, reset the path to C:/Games/Final Fantasy VII/data/movies, and double checked to make sure the path was correct in the Workshop -> Settings menu, but there is still no developer intro - just about a minute passes, the main menu shows up, I can select new game, and it crashes again.

As far as the converter path goes, do I need to set it to C:/Games... or Windows8_OS(C:)/Games... ?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-23 06:08:14 »
The GC should automatically recognize the install path of your movies folder. Are there any .avi files in your movies folder?

Hinokagatsuchi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-23 17:37:48 »
Yes actually, almost all of the files in the movies folder are .avi format.

To clarify - 105 files in the movies folder are .avi, while one called moviecam is .lgp.

EDIT: A couple more updates:

I tried running the converter and config again - but now launch game just does this: http://i.imgur.com/GBhgIJQ.png

APP.LOG doesn't show anything, and I might do a fresh install from Steam, and convert that afterwards.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-24 03:15:42 by Hinokagatsuchi »

Hinokagatsuchi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-25 06:55:20 »
I did a little more testing - still no movies, still a black screen starting up. Sometimes I can get to the new game/continue menu sometimes not.

I'll probably do a fresh re-install from steam tomorrow.

Is it possible that it could be a load order problem? I doubt it because they are all texture/model mods and one animation mod, but you never know.