Author Topic: [Final Fantasy IX] Mod request to fix Thunder Slash bug.  (Read 5427 times)

Damned

• View Profile
Apparently the Steam version did not fix this bug. Anyone out there in Qhimm land willing to do so?

Kefka

• View Profile
Re: [Final Fantasy IX] Mod request to fix Thunder Slash bug.
« Reply #1 on: 2016-04-23 07:48:10 »
With Hades Workshop, that's really easy, all you gotta do is increase the attack's accuracy (it's 0 by default). You can also change the damage formula if you don't want it to be a gravity-based attack, whatever you like.

But if you mean the Steam Version, you'll have to wait for another update. Tirlititi already announced that he's trying to make the editor compatible with the Steam Version.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-04-23 10:53:47 »
Here is a mod to have Thunder Slash with 100% accuracy instead of 0%.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98687557/Resources/ThunderSlashSteam.zip

However, maybe Square will fix it by itself. In any case, I don't think this file will be compatible with any official updates (unless that's a really little one).
« Last Edit: 2016-04-23 10:55:18 by Tirlititi »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2016-04-24 12:03:35 »
...maybe Square will fix it by itself.
This is extremely unlikely. They don't like modifying the resources for things like this. We may just have a worthless action forever. Bring it up on a Steam forum and see if the publisher ever mentions it.

BaconCatBug

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-04-27 01:42:48 »
Here is a mod to have Thunder Slash with 100% accuracy instead of 0%.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98687557/Resources/ThunderSlashSteam.zip

However, maybe Square will fix it by itself. In any case, I don't think this file will be compatible with any official updates (unless that's a really little one).
Hey, I was wondering how did you do this and would it be possible to change background images?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-04-27 14:40:54 »
There're functions that setup the party's spell datas. I modified the argument setting Thunder Slash's accuracy to 0% and turned it to the maxmimum value possible instead.

Changing background images, I don't know yet.