Author Topic: Huge Materia train won't stop  (Read 4437 times)

Anonymous

Huge Materia train won't stop
« on: 2004-04-18 10:48:36 »
I'm having a little problem.
During the HUge Materia mission, it's impossible `to stop the train after it leaves the reactor. I can work the handles of the first train (to catch up with the other train. I have slain all the enemies, and butchered the driver. But after that you are supposed to use the controls to stop the train (I have like 7 minutes left of something ( thanks quad + comet )), but the conrtols won't move, or do anything.

I'm on XP (patched)
radeon 9500 Pro
PIV 2.8
no controler, just the keyboard

after patching it all works fine up till now (used to have win2000 hell before)

I  cannot sto pthe train, and will have to miss the materia that I get if I stopped it from destroying B's hometown.

any1 got a clue what to do¿

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-18 13:01:57 »
well

Spoiler: show
You have to use the UP and Menu button at same time, then the DOWN and OK button at the same time, after that cid will just go mess around and the train will stop.

Also try to tell what u did exactly cause pressing random buttons won't work.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-18 13:08:51 »
well... I pressed the up and the menu, and the down and the ok, heh.when that didnae work, I tried variations, Sid will just sit and do nothing. The game is syill in the original setting

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-18 15:00:35 »
??

well it works for me u can send save and i can get u passed it.....

also try to register so we don't talk to GUEST etc..

nando42zro

• View Profile
    • http://www.poosmoke.com
same prob here
« Reply #4 on: 2005-02-06 19:37:34 »
yeah i sped up just fine but when its time to slow down cid doesnt do a damn thing, i remember in the ps version it was kinda finicky if i can say that but no matter what i do it wont process my commands or something. i got xp. im new to postin in forums cus i hate signing up for crap but if you tell me how to upload my save ill do it.[/img]

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
« Reply #5 on: 2005-02-06 21:05:30 »
What mode are you running in? Software or Hardware? I found major issues with the train part while running in software and a lot of the time I failed that part because of it. Running in Hardware mode seems a lot better for me.

nando42zro

• View Profile
    • http://www.poosmoke.com
« Reply #6 on: 2005-02-06 21:36:24 »
if you mean between software renderer and direct3d hardware acceleration, im using direct3d hardware
my stats to my knowledge
dell latitude d500 notebook
1300 mhz pentium M
639 mb ram
dont know how to find out graphics card. im a gamer not a whiz. please tell me how to upload my save game.

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-02-06 22:08:45 »
Quote from: nando42zro
if you mean between software renderer and direct3d hardware acceleration, im using direct3d hardware

so you are running in hardware mode

software mode --> software renderer
hardware mode --> direct3d hardware