Author Topic: Texture Artist  (Read 4932 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Texture Artist
« on: 2009-08-31 17:13:23 »
Looking for a texture artist to help with some of the spells. If you are interested PM me or post in this thread

Xatoku

Re: Texture Artist
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-31 21:30:03 »
I'm sure if you downloaded Particle Illusion, it would work alot better for you.  I'm not sure how the converting would work, but the particles are amazing in the program.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-31 22:53:26 »
trust me, that will not work. Particle illusions is foremost a compositing software to put particle effects on top of video footage. We cannot add new particle systems into ff7, just make the particle images better, and particle illusions doesnt do that.. the same thing applies to it, if you want new textures you need to make them.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-31 23:08:54 »
I already know it's impossible/extremely difficult to attempt, but I was thinking the other day how cool it would be to have particle effects in the menu, like when you equip materia it glows a little and sparkles around it then dies down, you know what I mean? Little touches like that really make my day.

Unfortunately, it would seem the only way to accomplish such a task would be to use some complicated injection method, unless the menu supports animated textures like the field does (thinking about materia shining). Even then you'd have to find a way to stop the animation after it's over.

Or rewrite the game from scratch.  :wink:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-31 23:10:13 »
I don't think its particularly doable as things stand... anyhow this thread is a hiring call, more than a discussion

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-08-31 23:12:45 »
Thanks for the heads-up, I was confused there for a bit.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-01 06:16:54 »
Hey its TEAM AVALANCHE's pioneers!!!!..Hiya pals! :-D :lol: :evil: :-P

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-01 23:40:59 »
I already know it's impossible/extremely difficult to attempt, but I was thinking the other day how cool it would be to have particle effects in the menu, like when you equip materia it glows a little and sparkles around it then dies down, you know what I mean? Little touches like that really make my day.

Unfortunately, it would seem the only way to accomplish such a task would be to use some complicated injection method, unless the menu supports animated textures like the field does (thinking about materia shining). Even then you'd have to find a way to stop the animation after it's over.

*off topic*
not to butt in, but i know that animated texture filenames run sequentially on the world map, materia1-materia2-materia3... etc....
Not sure how the game decides to animate something though, maybe to do with the RSD files, but they never match the name of the texture. 

So theoretically constantly shining materia could be possible, but probably not "blingy" materia when you equip it.  You wouldn't want it too shiny though, that would get annoying very quickly.
*back on topic*

lee

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-09-02 00:47:23 »

*off topic*
not to butt in, but i know that animated texture filenames run sequentially on the world map, materia1-materia2-materia3... etc....
Not sure how the game decides to animate something though, maybe to do with the RSD files, but they never match the name of the texture. 

So theoretically constantly shining materia could be possible, but probably not "blingy" materia when you equip it.  You wouldn't want it too shiny though, that would get annoying very quickly.
*back on topic*

lee

Not feasible at the moment. With the system we are using the driver would have to load up a pile of png's which would most likely slow the game to a crawl. Video memory would also play into this

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-09-02 06:07:58 »
I llike you Harruzame. You are like my lost brother... 8-)
Btw, I can help with the textures.

Ha?!!...Aniki?....Yes!..I have a brother that I don't even know....* sparkling* :lol: *sparkling*..Aaah.. .

*splash* * waves*

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-09-02 06:14:43 »
slow it to a crawl maybe or just make it freeze or maybe with using a lil help with aali and his driver maybe i can be possible but more likely a reduce in game speed