Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838192 times)

kimura410

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7275 on: 2018-09-17 01:16:59 »
Sega,

Thank you so much for this mod. I play ff7 once a year and this mod breathed life into my fav game of all time.

Unfortunately I think I ran into my first bug (somewhat minor since I barely use him). But when I went to do Vincents sidequest, I got the cutscene from the original game showing Vincents past. It makes me leave lucrecias cave like in the original and when I go back in she is gone and nothing happens. I saw videos on youtube where it doesnt even show that cutscene, a boss battle occurs right when you talk to lucrecia.

Was I supposed to do something on disc 2?

Oh and this has been bothering me but who is the last playable character? Im guessing its sephy since an ultimate weapon is listed as masamune. How do I recruit him? Do I just need to fight him at the n. cave? Wont that just end the game after I beat him?

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: 2018-09-17 04:28:43 »
Sega,

Thank you so much for this mod. I play ff7 once a year and this mod breathed life into my fav game of all time.

Unfortunately I think I ran into my first bug (somewhat minor since I barely use him). But when I went to do Vincents sidequest, I got the cutscene from the original game showing Vincents past. It makes me leave lucrecias cave like in the original and when I go back in she is gone and nothing happens. I saw videos on youtube where it doesnt even show that cutscene, a boss battle occurs right when you talk to lucrecia.

Oh and this has been bothering me but who is the last playable character? Im guessing its sephy since an ultimate weapon is listed as masamune. How do I recruit him? Do I just need to fight him at the n. cave? Wont that just end the game after I beat him?

Thanks!

It's not a bug, those scenes and their triggers weren't changed from the original game. After triggering the first scene, the second will trigger after a certain number of battles have been fought (I think it's 10 battles). To be safe, win those battles rather than running from them.

Unfortunately, the last entry on the SP check is a placeholder, not another character. The Masamune weapon is equip-able by all characters as an alternate 'ultimate weapon'.

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: 2018-09-17 12:28:00 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:12:17 by Cicciolo »

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: 2018-09-17 13:58:06 »
Sega,

Thanks!

The masamune is a weapon equipable by every character. It has the properties to always hit and always critical making it a very powerful weapon. No sephi in the party.

For Vincents quest go and fight 10 battles on the world map and come back and then it should happen.

kimura410

• View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: 2018-09-17 20:26:30 »
It's not a bug, those scenes and their triggers weren't changed from the original game. After triggering the first scene, the second will trigger after a certain number of battles have been fought (I think it's 10 battles). To be safe, win those battles rather than running from them.

Unfortunately, the last entry on the SP check is a placeholder, not another character. The Masamune weapon is equip-able by all characters as an alternate 'ultimate weapon'.

Ok awesome. Thanks Sega and the others for answering my questions.

Once again, incredible mod. Really looking forward to NT FF8.

Oh and p.s. some of the dialogue you put in is hilarious. What Yuffie says about her limit after her quest and what Aeris replies in the temple if Cloud says "I want to go home" had me laughing my ass off.

Mr.Nona

• View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: 2018-09-17 22:13:39 »
I've finished my playthrough on arranged and I found some more minor issues.
  • The 'Wizard Staff' descriptions says it restores hp but it's actually mp.
  • For some strange reason, the 'E. Skill' option won't appear in the 'Magic' section of the menu. Thus, the only way to check the skills you have is either in battle or in the 'Materia' section. I'm not entirely sure, but I think this doesn't happen in the normal NT playthrough.
  • Also, 'Renew's' reviving effect won't work if used in the menu, only in battle.
  • And finally, it seemed as if the strength of my characters decreased during a battle in certain occasions. Specifically in the battle arena. For example, I was fighting the 8th round just attacking because I had no materia and Cloud started dealing less damage as the battle progressed. So, maybe I was attacking 'Aps' for 120 damage and a couple of rounds later it was 85-80. I don't know whether that is always the case because I didn't delve too much into it, but it also happened in a couple of random battles this time. Not much of a problem, but I thought it was a bit rare.

Oh, and I would like to ask a question. Is the .txt file with the characters stats up to date? Are those really the stats they should start with (and if so, with or without their initial equipment)? Or have these been modified? The reason I'm asking is because I noticed that Cait Sith's stats were lower than in the file (some of them reduced by 10 or more). But I'm not sure about the rest because I forgot to check them and I haven't kept a record of their rank choices.

Cygnus_Harvey

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: 2018-09-20 20:05:29 »
I'm sorry if it has been asked before, but i've been searching and I didn't find any solution.
I can play the vanilla game without a problem. It's the steam version.
Then I patch it, and I can do it fine. But then I try to open it with the exe, and it just do nothing. And if I try the launcher, it goes black a second and goes back to the launcher again and again.
I tried a few times reinstalling, but it just doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: 2018-09-21 00:33:52 »
I've finished my playthrough on arranged and I found some more minor issues.
  • The 'Wizard Staff' descriptions says it restores hp but it's actually mp.
  • For some strange reason, the 'E. Skill' option won't appear in the 'Magic' section of the menu. Thus, the only way to check the skills you have is either in battle or in the 'Materia' section. I'm not entirely sure, but I think this doesn't happen in the normal NT playthrough.
  • Also, 'Renew's' reviving effect won't work if used in the menu, only in battle.
  • And finally, it seemed as if the strength of my characters decreased during a battle in certain occasions. Specifically in the battle arena. For example, I was fighting the 8th round just attacking because I had no materia and Cloud started dealing less damage as the battle progressed. So, maybe I was attacking 'Aps' for 120 damage and a couple of rounds later it was 85-80. I don't know whether that is always the case because I didn't delve too much into it, but it also happened in a couple of random battles this time. Not much of a problem, but I thought it was a bit rare.

Oh, and I would like to ask a question. Is the .txt file with the characters stats up to date? Are those really the stats they should start with (and if so, with or without their initial equipment)? Or have these been modified? The reason I'm asking is because I noticed that Cait Sith's stats were lower than in the file (some of them reduced by 10 or more). But I'm not sure about the rest because I forgot to check them and I haven't kept a record of their rank choices.

Wizard Staff will be corrected in the next update, but that won't be for a little while due to FF8 NT; but I might cobble together a quick patch just to iron out quick issues like these sometime in the week.

I actually encountered that enemy skill thing myself recently, but it was while playing Gjoerulv's Monomod (where enemy skill is made available early on). I'm not sure why, but it seemed to correct itself after a few screens.

I'll need to track down the spells in the .exe that are used in menus and adjust their effects; it slipped my mind.

For the Aps battle, I think one of his Tsunami variants inflicts Sadness status on both the party and himself. That'd account for the 30% deduction in damage; I think that innate stat gains are also reset between rounds, but not sure.

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: 2018-09-21 01:34:58 »
I'm just popping in to ask about the hotfixes for the standalone installer. I'm not seeing a download link. Am I just an idiot? Are they no longer necessary? Disclaimer: I read a few pages of the thread looking for info on them, but I didn't go through all 300. It seems unreasonable to expect me to.

Mr.Nona

• View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: 2018-09-21 12:10:12 »
Wizard Staff will be corrected in the next update, but that won't be for a little while due to FF8 NT; but I might cobble together a quick patch just to iron out quick issues like these sometime in the week.

I actually encountered that enemy skill thing myself recently, but it was while playing Gjoerulv's Monomod (where enemy skill is made available early on). I'm not sure why, but it seemed to correct itself after a few screens.

I'll need to track down the spells in the .exe that are used in menus and adjust their effects; it slipped my mind.

For the Aps battle, I think one of his Tsunami variants inflicts Sadness status on both the party and himself. That'd account for the 30% deduction in damage; I think that innate stat gains are also reset between rounds, but not sure.

Oh, I see then. That would explain why I was doing less damage.
No need to trouble yourself if you are too busy as these issues have almost no effect on the playability and surely they can wait to be fixed in the next update.
Thanks for the answer. I look forward to seeing what changes future releases bring.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: 2018-09-21 14:41:59 »
I'm just popping in to ask about the hotfixes for the standalone installer. I'm not seeing a download link. Am I just an idiot? Are they no longer necessary? Disclaimer: I read a few pages of the thread looking for info on them, but I didn't go through all 300. It seems unreasonable to expect me to.

Hotfixes are only available when the main installer files have issues that I want to sort out quickly to save people from fully downloading the mod again. At the moment, the main installer files are the most recent files; there are a few things that need to be sorted out, but I'm waiting until I've got FF8 NT together first.

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: 2018-09-26 03:54:20 »
Alright, second stupid question. The last time that I played the mod, the Osmose had been rolled into Heal. It also absorbed MP from the target when it drained. Now, I've found the Osmose next to Aeris' house and it doesn't seem to absorb the MP it drains. Did I mess something up or has this been a semi recent change? (I was looking around in the documentation but I believe it still said that Osmose was a heal thing now. To be fair, I have a tendency to screw things up pretty horribly.

Edit: I don't want to just delete my comment. However, at the fight with Aps, Osmose started working as intended. Weird.
« Last Edit: 2018-09-26 04:45:45 by jamineal »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: 2018-09-26 15:37:50 »
Alright, second stupid question. The last time that I played the mod, the Osmose had been rolled into Heal. It also absorbed MP from the target when it drained. Now, I've found the Osmose next to Aeris' house and it doesn't seem to absorb the MP it drains. Did I mess something up or has this been a semi recent change? (I was looking around in the documentation but I believe it still said that Osmose was a heal thing now. To be fair, I have a tendency to screw things up pretty horribly.

Edit: I don't want to just delete my comment. However, at the fight with Aps, Osmose started working as intended. Weird.

I think if the enemy has ran out of MP then no further MP can be drained.

Cygnus_Harvey

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: 2018-09-26 19:51:40 »
I'm sorry if it has been asked before, but i've been searching and I didn't find any solution.
Then I patch it, and I can do it fine. But then I try to open it with the exe, and it just do nothing. And if I try the launcher, it goes black a second and goes back to the launcher again and again.
I tried a few times reinstalling, but it just doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
Sorry, someone knows something?

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: 2018-09-26 20:27:27 »
I think if the enemy has ran out of MP then no further MP can be drained.

It wasn't that. It wasn't draining off Hell Houses and such. I think those early enemies just didn't have MP. That might have been the issue. Now I'm having a brand new issue. I WILL be around to bug you about ever little thing.

In the spell list, it shows Mus (the little dudes at the Chocobo Corral place) as having L5 Suicide. They just used Quarry Charge on me. It had the same animation, but is a very different spell. Earth damage that also destroys barriers. Do they no longer have L5 Suicide? Also, if the Quarry Charge replaced it, how do I get Chocobos to use Chocobuckle? Or did that sucker get scrapped? The documentation that came with the file does not reflect these changes. (I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that I checked there first before bothering our Lord and saviour, Sega Chief.)

Also, I'm sure you get this a lot... but I would have your babies over this mod. I'm also only going to be buying the steam FF8 for the next mod.
« Last Edit: 2018-09-26 20:57:05 by jamineal »

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7290 on: 2018-09-27 11:57:18 »
The way ff7 handles drain based attacks is that you cannont drain more than the enemy has. So while osmose always hits the enemy for 40 you will only gain what they have left.

The documentation that comes with the newest version is a bit out of date. Quarry fuse replaces L5. To get chocobuckle you have to use a green then cast quarry fuse on it.

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: 2018-09-27 13:34:38 »
The way ff7 handles drain based attacks is that you cannont drain more than the enemy has. So while osmose always hits the enemy for 40 you will only gain what they have left.

The documentation that comes with the newest version is a bit out of date. Quarry fuse replaces L5. To get chocobuckle you have to use a green then cast quarry fuse on it.

No no, I know how drain works. That's the way it is in most games. The thing was that it wasn't working at all against any monster. My little Aeris was just losing 3 MP per cast regardless of who she hit with it. I should have tried to drain Cloud and seen if it had an affect. But as I said, some mobs may just have innate 0 MP, so it could have been that. I got shook though. Super shook.

Is there a particular green? I tried it a few times and couldn't get them to cast it :( I'll keep pluggin away though. I appreciate these responses. I have a touch of the Autism and I'm afraid it makes me a bit insufferable at times.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: 2018-09-27 21:24:09 »

So you can patch the game (assuming with a non-exe version of NT) but when the current installer is used (which alters the .exe) the game no longer runs? First question I need to ask is whether your steam copy was purchased legitimately or if it's a pirated version; the last time a user encountered a problem similar to this, it was because they had a cracked copy of FF7 Steam which meant that their .exe was losing whatever means it was using to circumvent copy protection, causing a black screen on load.

If it is a legit copy, then it may be due to either a different language version to the english one or something else interfering (7H maybe, if that's been installed/game converted).

It wasn't that. It wasn't draining off Hell Houses and such. I think those early enemies just didn't have MP. That might have been the issue. Now I'm having a brand new issue. I WILL be around to bug you about ever little thing.

In the spell list, it shows Mus (the little dudes at the Chocobo Corral place) as having L5 Suicide. They just used Quarry Charge on me. It had the same animation, but is a very different spell. Earth damage that also destroys barriers. Do they no longer have L5 Suicide? Also, if the Quarry Charge replaced it, how do I get Chocobos to use Chocobuckle? Or did that sucker get scrapped? The documentation that came with the file does not reflect these changes. (I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that I checked there first before bothering our Lord and saviour, Sega Chief.)

Also, I'm sure you get this a lot... but I would have your babies over this mod. I'm also only going to be buying the steam FF8 for the next mod.

I'm quite bad at keeping documentation up to date; L5 Suicide was indeed changed to Quarry Fuse for the latest version to try and phase out Level-based attacks (which then led to an issue with Chocobuckle, but that's since been resolved). The check for chocobuckle itself was changed so that any command can be used once the Chocobo has been fed Mimmett Greens; I might make it so that any greens works in future but for now only Mimmett (and Sylkis) Greens will set up for chocobuckle.

Cygnus_Harvey

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: 2018-09-27 22:26:43 »
So you can patch the game (assuming with a non-exe version of NT) but when the current installer is used (which alters the .exe) the game no longer runs? First question I need to ask is whether your steam copy was purchased legitimately or if it's a pirated version; the last time a user encountered a problem similar to this, it was because they had a cracked copy of FF7 Steam which meant that their .exe was losing whatever means it was using to circumvent copy protection, causing a black screen on load.

If it is a legit copy, then it may be due to either a different language version to the english one or something else interfering (7H maybe, if that's been installed/game converted).

I'm quite bad at keeping documentation up to date; L5 Suicide was indeed changed to Quarry Fuse for the latest version to try and phase out Level-based attacks (which then led to an issue with Chocobuckle, but that's since been resolved). The check for chocobuckle itself was changed so that any command can be used once the Chocobo has been fed Mimmett Greens; I might make it so that any greens works in future but for now only Mimmett (and Sylkis) Greens will set up for chocobuckle.

Yeeeah, It's not a very legit copy. I thought about that. I guess I'll have to get it legal to work, do I?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: 2018-09-27 22:55:08 »
Yeeeah, It's not a very legit copy. I thought about that. I guess I'll have to get it legal to work, do I?

Yes that is advised. We dont condone piracy here. There are many places to find the game these days

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: 2018-09-28 00:27:43 »
You would know that if you read the rules before posting. Let me know when you've bought the game properly, provide some evidence (photo of your discs, link to Steam profile, etc), and I'll remove the Pirate group and avatar from your account.

Until then, everyone else please be reminded (because for some reason I need to remind people of this all the time) that it is also against our rules to help members known to be using pirated copies of games.

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: 2018-09-28 15:36:30 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:16:56 by Cicciolo »

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: 2018-09-29 01:15:55 »
I realize this is a bit less theory and bugs and a bit more gameplay but uh...

Those Pagoda bosses in Wutai. What the actual fuck? You're just sadistic at this point. I barely made it through Gorky. I can't freakin hit the Shakester.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: 2018-09-29 04:33:55 »
I realize this is a bit less theory and bugs and a bit more gameplay but uh...

Those Pagoda bosses in Wutai. What the actual fern? You're just sadistic at this point. I barely made it through Gorky. I can't freakin hit the Shakester.

Those guys are more like puzzle fights than standard ones. Gorki's theme is defence and waiting you out, but can be brought down through the use of Debarrier (or Dispel) and either fixed-damage attacks or defence-ignoring attacks.

Shake's thing is evasion but things like items ignore this and will generally hit. Otherwise a high Luck stat can override any and all evasion through a 'lucky hit check' (the % for which is Luck/4). His attacks are fairly weak so I'd recommend putting it on active ATB for this one.

Master1599

• View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: 2018-09-30 12:34:38 »
Hello Guys ! :) My first post here :)

Im Playing New Threat Mod 1.5 for a 13hours
I have big problem with aersi Death - game crushing when i Reviving her.
So I instaled few patches / files. and everything go OK.
But after this changes Stats of materia changes.

And Now i don't know wchich stats is correct for NT Mod
Barrier - VIt +3      Magic Def  + 3 ,      Maxhp +3
Magic counter Mag +10      , Magic Def -26
Lighting VIt -03 ,       MagD - 3       MaxMp +3
ALL -     Mag - 5  , maxMP +3
Kjata - MAG/MAGD + 10 ,      MAXHP/MP -15
Its correct ? or no ?

Sorry for English, still learning -  Im from Poland :)