Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836672 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.2)
« Reply #600 on: 2014-12-28 20:10:05 »
It sounds like the scene.bin and kernel have become desynched somehow, but they're synched in the folder I use to make the IRO. It might be an idea to right-click on the both NT IROs and uninstall them altogether before re-installing and activating the new one. They've maybe clashed with each other somehow, that would explain why the old one's scene + kernel has suddenly become desynched as well.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2014-12-28 20:33:11 »
Hey sega Chief

when i tried your Mod without using your iro file

the Graphics are fine at the start of the game

but when i try your iro file 7th heaven file at the start of the game

the Graphics goes all weird
« Last Edit: 2014-12-28 21:42:04 by Zara9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2014-12-29 00:49:46 »
Are you talking about that black background problem again on the second field screen? As far as I'm aware that's something that can pop up from time to time, even in the default Steam game. It should be harmless too.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #603 on: 2014-12-29 14:36:17 »
It sounds like the scene.bin and kernel have become desynched somehow, but they're synched in the folder I use to make the IRO. It might be an idea to right-click on the both NT IROs and uninstall them altogether before re-installing and activating the new one. They've maybe clashed with each other somehow, that would explain why the old one's scene + kernel has suddenly become desynched as well.

There is no way two (or more) IROs can clash with each other so long as they are not activated simultaneously before launching the game. If seijuro says the Catalog version worked before but now does not when trying to activate it again, then something wonky is going wrong on their end that neither of us know about.

@seijuro - The Catalog version is the same as the current released files, so there was no need to change whatever you did.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2014-12-29 17:10:34 »
Hey sega chief

the black boarder only appears at the start of the game

and no where else in the game right

thanks

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #605 on: 2014-12-29 18:54:55 »
There is no way two (or more) IROs can clash with each other so long as they are not activated simultaneously before launching the game. If seijuro says the Catalog version worked before but now does not when trying to activate it again, then something wonky is going wrong on their end that neither of us know about.

@seijuro - The Catalog version is the same as the current released files, so there was no need to change whatever you did.

Crap, you might be right. I was thinking the New Threat mod in the Catalog subscriptions was NOT updated (or didn't update), so I opted to update it myself through Sega Chief's IRO file. I probably screwed something up internally.  :'(

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #606 on: 2014-12-29 19:10:23 »
Check the 7H thread at the bottom of the OP for the Updates Report. If you downloaded the Catalog version before December 14th, uninstall it from 7H and redownload the new version. NT 1.2 is located in Gameplay - Difficulty and Story.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2015-01-01 06:21:11 »
Hello, I am new to FFVII mods and am confused by this installation. The tutorial video does not explain what to do with the additional hotpatches and extra downloads. For example,

What is the IRO patch for? It has a more recent date than the main mod download.

Do we need to install the hotfix patch or the chibi patch after the main mod? The chibi mod for example tells me only to install it if I downloaded the main mod before October 15. So is it already integrated in the latest patch, and the download redundant? Or do I need to make sure I apply the patch after using the main installer?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2015-01-01 14:29:42 »
Righto, here's the skinny on it:

The Main Installer is just for playing the mod with any standard installation of FF7 (Steam, old 1998 PC, etc). It already includes the new field models by default, so no worries about using that separate patch for them. That was more for making those field models available to people if they wanted to use them but not the NT Mod; it's not a proper hotfix patch, strictly speaking (I'll revise the wording of it). The Main Installer is quite straightforward to use; just run it and direct it to the folder called 'data' in your FF7 folder.

The hotfix patches are specifically for fixing issues that arise with the Main Installer's files after it's release, the idea being that rather than having people download the entire main installer again to fix one file it would be better to have a series of smaller patches that fix what needs fixing. The Scene Hotfix patch, for instance, is only 700KB. These are used in exactly the same way as the Main Installer; just point to the data folder of FF7 and it should take care of the rest. The only Hotfix patch required at present is the Scene Hotfix; the other files are all up to date in the Main Installer.

Old hotfix patches, like the Flevel Hotfix, are for people who had the NT Mod installed before the Main Installer was updated. That's why they have the same date as the Main Installer (I'll restructure the lay-out to avoid confusion).

Finally, the IRO File is completely separate from the Main Installer and the hotfix patches. This is specifically for use with a mod-loader program called 7th Heaven (usually called 7H for short). It's a very versatile program that's great for loading different mods together and avoiding clashes between them. It also lets modders use and swap in different assets and affords greater freedom in what we can do with the game. It requires that users convert their copy of FF7 Steam though, which results in the loss of Steam saves and achievements. If you're interested in using different mods together though then it's worth checking out.

So to sum up:

-) Main Installer first

-) Hotfix patches after it (Scene Hotfix only at the moment)

-) Use the IRO only if you're playing FF7 through the 7H Mod-Loader

Any questions, or bug reports, just let me know.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-01 14:33:57 by Sega Chief »

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2015-01-02 16:23:41 »
Hey Sega,

I was just wondering when I hit level 21 is meant to make the experience over 10,000 to get to level 22?

also how is 1.3 coming along?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2015-01-02 22:40:18 »
Hi bud, yeah that's the new EXP arc. Every ten or so levels there's a hard cap which is tough to break through with just random encounters (bosses tend to give enough to shear away most of it). The benefit of it though is that most players finish up Disc 2 at roughly Lv.40-50 which sorted out a big problem with balancing the game to fit with thorough players and rush players.

1.3 is steadily coming together. The new sidequest is coming along and it's functioning, got most of the new enemies made for it and all the revisions are in. Nothing major that would void previous playthroughs, just some general maintenance and tweaks. I'm also going to start implementing additional stuff for the 7H version because it can swap in files while the game is running.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2015-01-03 04:22:51 »
Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to make sure before I started up. Mod is working fine now :)

However, I notice Cloud is a much darker purple now! Was this intended?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2015-01-03 12:38:07 »
Yeah, that's the new field models; they were made by Kalderasha to better resemble the promo art. He suggested I use them and I thought they looked quite swish.

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2015-01-04 02:02:28 »
Firstly this mod looks quite interesting..   but i have some stuff in bootleg i like to use.

So just to be clear... If i want to install some other stuff from bootleg..

I install your mod first with the installer.
Install other stuff with bootleg ( avoiding game-play mods.)

curiously...  is the problem, with menu overhaul cleared up?

or is bootleg something you do not recommend using in conjuncture with your mod?

I know there was already a few posts about this sort of thing but it seems like a lot has been updated since those posts so its possible the answers may no longer be the same. I apologize if i'm just bringing up something that's been asked to death.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-04 02:07:51 by ZaruenKosai »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2015-01-04 02:50:41 »
I'm not sure if it is compatible with Bootleg, I've had people tell me that they weren't able to get the game working after installing NT and then applying Bootleg mods on top of it. If you do try it, then NT would likely have to be installed first otherwise it's installer will just overwrite whatever mods that Bootleg has put in (the NT installer is a rudimentary freeware program).

So like you said, it's:
-) Install the NT Mod first using the Main Installer.
-) Install the other stuff through Bootleg but avoid gameplay/flevel-altering mods (Hardcore mod, Aeris revival, Reunion, Nightmare, etc.)

Have you considered giving 7H, the new mod-loader program, a try? It's very good for running mods together (NT is currently supported in it, as is Menu Overhaul and various HD models, textures, etc.). It does require converting a Steam release, though.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2015-01-04 04:01:59 »
Do you know which file the field models are in, so I can use the originals?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2015-01-04 11:18:23 »
All the field models are in the char.lgp. If you swap in a default char.lgp, the mod will still work but two oddities will appear involving Young Cid and a duplicate red-haired NPC. I replaced these two models with a new variant of Shinra soldier to appear in field screens but with a default char.lgp they'll instead appear as Young Cid and the red-haired NPC (the one who runs the weapon shop in Sector 7). That being said, they only appear in one or two field screens and it'll be fixed up for 1.3 because I recently figured out how to add new field models rather than replacing them.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2015-01-05 02:57:36 »
Commando: 1st will soft lock the game after making a basic attack. The model remains adjacent to its target after the attack and no further actions can be made while the game is expecting the enemy's action to resolve. This was tested on both Active and Wait. Occurs at any point going up to the Sister Ray.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-05 02:59:42 by Bowser9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2015-01-05 13:04:09 »
I've been trying to replicate that but not had much success, they've been attacking without issues on my end. If I can't isolate the problem then I'll just remove their 2x-Cut attack.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2015-01-05 21:34:49 »
The only other notable things are that Cloud has the Cover materia, his model is from whitERaven's model revision, Aeris is in the party (also whitERaven's model), and Red XIII has the pre-emptive and enemy away materia. Even then, this is a bit dubious since I've unequipped my materia and used PHS to switch party members to those without new models. I still get the same result, regardless of hit or miss, and I'm pretty sure the empty box isn't affecting this. I can't think of anything else that could cause this since I haven't activated additional mods except alternate music, models for several main characters, and world map textures. I doubt any of the sidequests I've done could cause this.

If this is only my problem, I don't think you should remove 2x-Cut from the enemy. I can circumvent the battle via Exit, so it's not a game-breaking issue on my end.

EDIT: Thank you, Sega Chief.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-05 22:43:45 by Bowser9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2015-01-05 22:17:41 »
No worries, I found the issue. One of the Commando enemies (there's two separate entries for them) had the wrong attack set in their AI. The new scene patch on the front page should fix the issue.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2015-01-05 22:37:34 »
Hey sega chief

i found another problem

on the front page of your post on here

it saids the hot patch has been updated on november 5th 2015

is it spose to say, jan 5th 2015

thanks

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2015-01-05 22:55:46 »
Also for those using my Sephiroth story mod install it on top of NT mod.  Avoid using the scene.bin ones as those will conflict and the flevel may have big conflicting issues.  As such I recommend using both of them through 7h if you can get it to work on your comp.  At some point I may go back and apply my changes with your with your approval of course to give better compatibility.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2015-01-05 23:47:26 »
Hey sega chief

i found another problem

on the front page of your post on here

it saids the hot patch has been updated on november 5th 2015

is it spose to say, jan 5th 2015

thanks

Ah, so it does; I'll change that. Cheers for letting me know, bud.

Also for those using my Sephiroth story mod install it on top of NT mod.  Avoid using the scene.bin ones as those will conflict and the flevel may have big conflicting issues.  As such I recommend using both of them through 7h if you can get it to work on your comp.

How extensive are your flevel edits? Even through 7H, it might not be possible to combine both mods very easily without running into some kind of problem at one point or another. I've had to make a lot of additions and adjustments to certain NT fields to make some things work so my worry is that these will be either overwritten (which could lead to soft-locks or the loss of NT content) or new dialogue/events added by your mod might not be displayed correctly.

At some point I may go back and apply my changes with your with your approval of course to give better compatibility.

What are you going to do exactly? Are you making adjustments to one of the mods so they can be used together or are you actually combining the two to make a unique mod?

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2015-01-06 00:05:24 »
I edit just about every field in the flevel.  The only ones not touched are the fields and scenes left out do to animation incompatibility basically ones that could not be substituted like the cpr and the dolphin jump scene.  So the field of Cloud and Sephiroth are swapped and I replaced Cloud's head with the Soldier battle head resized.  For battles the scorpion is replaced with the red dragon.  I want to replace the third Jenova battle with the blue dragon.  Also Kyte replaces Jenova in the temple and crater.  So what I for going back and editing is just for adjustments to make them be able to run together.