Author Topic: Griever editor help please!  (Read 5107 times)

FF74Jim

Griever editor help please!
« on: 2009-07-30 19:31:25 »
Hi Guys.

I finally tracked down a copy of FF8(PSX) version and am using PSX emulator to play it as playstation 3 is not backward compatible.

Anywho I bumped into the Griever editor on the site however when I try and run I get a "MFC70.DLL not found" error. I found a download for this DLL however when I place it into the system directory I get a new .dll missing.

What do I need to dol to get it to work?

I am running windows xp.

Many thanks

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Griever editor help please!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-30 19:35:44 »
keep getting the dlls you're missing.

FF74Jim

« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-30 19:43:56 »
Yep sorry didnt even bother looking for the second one. it was only two needed... woops soz javascript:void(0);

Karifean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-30 19:54:02 »
I have no problems playing PS1 games (FF VIII for example) on my PS3...

As far as I know, the PS3 can play PS1 games, but cannot play PS2 games.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-30 22:23:01 »
why the generation gap?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-31 00:01:43 »
Some PS3s can play PS2 games, but the feature was taken out after a while because it was more expensive to make them backwards compatible and Sony have to do everything they can to keep their production costs down.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-31 02:26:13 »
why the generation gap?

because the PSX support is a software emulation layer. The PS2 was supposed to be hardware-compatible. This was stopped once the PS3 sales dropped so Sony could re-release the PS2 and make the PS3 cheaper. Once the PS2 is no longer sold, Sony fans will demand their hardware-compatibility back.

Bahamut1112

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-06-26 18:06:42 »
I have no problems playing PS1 games (FF VIII for example) on my PS3...

As far as I know, the PS3 can play PS1 games, but cannot play PS2 games.
That is right, also, the games must be 'real' i.e. on the original disc, but all ps3's can play the old psx games. Only the old 60 GB models of ps3 can play ps2 games, although I heard that if you messed around with the hardware on the 2nd gen ps3's (any size) then it would be fully backwards compatible as the software for the emulation of ps2 graphics was still there, even though the EmotionEngine interface was removed. 3rd gen (new ones and any slimline one) are not able to do this.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #8 on: 2011-06-27 04:20:00 »
at the risk of sounding like a brainless fool, it is, in my opinion, just bad for business if a game company released a console that uses discs, that cannot run games from one of their older systems that used discs.

Xbox in particular angers me with this (I WANNA PLAY FABLE: THE LOST CHAPTERS ON MY 360 DAMNIT!!)

PS3 has enough bad publicity right now, they might want to think about re-adding backwards compatability (not that it matters to me, as i have one of the original PS3's that can run PS2 games).

my two cents.