Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4875886 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5775 on: 2017-08-03 00:15:38 »
That'd be fine, because it wasn't indicated in any way and I wasn't sure. Also, Barbie did seem to be fussed because she healed just like Rubi did and does. It wasn't a full heal mind you and if memory serves Rubi gave everyone a full recovery? Barbie GT just hit them and they healed 150 - 300 or something close to that. Beneficial if intended, cause that fight is ROUGH.

Also, during the flashback, the piano keys don't work if you "Jam on it", then "I forgot" regarding the keys. The only button that does work is "Start", which gets you off the piano. If you click "I remember" all the keys worked.

EDIT: I seem to have a penchant for finding closets or toilets that you can become stuck in. In Kalm, in the second house on the left, the one with the old man and the dog that you can free from the closet. Well you can get stuck in there forcing a reset.

1. Must have crept over, I'll get that sorted on Barbariccia.

2. The piano scripts were revised a bit so that Tifa would play it, I'll keep a note of jam and forgot being broken.

3. Then stop jimmying yourself into closets and toilets D;

Hey Sega Chief! Been following this mod for months and am very excited to be re-living my experience playing FF7 with this mod. It adds a whole new level of challenge and mystery to the game. I also really love your re-translation with certain parts, I've always had an issue with some of the, let's say, wonkiness with the original translation, and your version makes a lot more sense pacing-wise and character-wise. So cool.

A few things I noticed on a fresh playthrough, not sure if they are bugs, but I figured I'd point them out anyway.

- Where is the Morph materia? I read that with this mod it's supposed to be in Aerith's garden, but I couldn't find it. It wasn't where it usually is in the Ancient Temple, either. There's a good chance I'm blind and just missed it, but can you confirm where I'm supposed to find it so I can make sure I don't miss it?

- Is the Gold Saucer supposed to have different music playing in every section? Also, I noticed some weird music cues in general, but they might be the music mod I'm using and not New Threat. Nothing major, just little things. Like the mako reactor in Mt. Nibel still playing the Mako Reactor music even after you leave until you get in a fight.

- So I chose the "Wake Up" option during the Aerith death scene, and I assume that's the option you choose if you want to play the rest of the game without Aerith like originally intended. But she's still here as a party option. Am I still supposed to be able to use her? Will this effect the rest of the game's dialogue if I user her? I wanted the storyline to progress as though she died, will that still happen even though she's a party option?

- Right before you ride on Mr. Dolphin and hand Barret your PHS, the message you get says "For Condor blah blah blah" instead of "PHS temporarily removed".

- If you totally ignore Fort Condor and never go there, do you still get the "For Condor battle available" messages or does that happen regardless?

- lol, seaman :P

- I beat the powersoul keeper even with it spamming Trine. Gave Tifa the Bolt Ring and just waited him out til he drained is MP, then revived the whole party. He still took everyone out except Vincent, who was in Death Gigas mode, so I was like, damn, this fight is impossible. Then Vincent kills him on the last possible turn he could have had. Friggin' awesome. Then I come here and see you patched the powersoul keeper to not spam Trine so much, but I beat him by a hair pre-patch and it was one of the best fights I've ever had in a final fantasy game. Just thought you should know.

Finally, thank you so much for this very awesome mod. If I come across anymore possible bugs, pops, or glitches, as well as anything I think is awesome or amazing, I'll come back to this thread and let you know. Peace!

The Gold Saucer music was changed for each section to break the monotony a bit; as for the cues, I'll check into the Nibel Reactor, must have bumped something out of place.

Looks like the script has added her again; did you see the usual FMV where she's laid to rest in the pond or did this scene not happen?

The notifications are so that the player knows a battle is available at Fort Condor if they're wanting to return there and get the prize from it. They'll always display regardless of whether Fort Condor has been helped or not.

Invisible Alpha, the bottled essence of the seaman and the only real ecstasy you can get on that ship. I forget what the original dialogue was, but it sounded sketchy as all hell.

Another targetting issue. Morph is set to target enemies only. I bring this up as Morph is useful at times as a weak physical attack to knock confuse off of your characters. :shrugs:

I'll unlock its targeting then; but can't shake the feeling that there was a reason this was set back to the way it was.

That feel when you get sneak attack the 2nd time you bet on a chococo S rank race  :evil:

Are you farming those bloody Chocobo Races again D;

Just found a pretty big bug the first time you enter the gold saucer

You can save at the first point and PHS a 3rd party member in your team before you meet Caith Sith, causing the game to soft lock when meeting him.

edit: Well, good thing I had a backup because I saved after I had the 3 man party (was an accident couldn't leave PHS), tried kicking tifa out of the party with black chocobo save editor but still a extra party member seems to remain when talking to caith sith.

With no backup I might have just screwed my save file :O

I can sort out your save file with a patch (or you can try a save editor, if you're careful to keep backups of the save file and make the modifications while the game's launcher is open otherwise the DRM will delete the modified files on start-up).

I'll need to do something about that Save Point in the Saucer then; I think I had to do the same thing in the Crater + Junon for Weapon Raid due to similar issue.

welcome to Beatdown City. Population: 0

http://imgur.com/a/3SfiG

That does seem like a lot; although I don't really see Lv.3 Limits popping in my runs until after Disc 1 is done.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: 2017-08-03 00:32:19 »
she had level 3 limits by the time i was done with midgar lol

that's what happens when you use one character to kill everything (morph)

also noticing some enemies dont have morphs.

hegs in cave of gi and nibel wolfs outside of nibelheim dont have morphs
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 00:42:43 by selius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: 2017-08-03 01:26:26 »
she had level 3 limits by the time i was done with midgar lol

that's what happens when you use one character to kill everything (morph)

also noticing some enemies dont have morphs.

hegs in cave of gi and nibel wolfs outside of nibelheim dont have morphs

Some don't, no; the wolves don't have one because they can be revived by each other and wasn't sure what impact Morph would have on that.

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: 2017-08-03 01:43:10 »
That does seem like a lot; although I don't really see Lv.3 Limits popping in my runs until after Disc 1 is done.
The last time I played Vanilla I couldn't beat Sector 7 without Meteorain...that's because I was doing Cloud only through Mines and Yuffie only after that, though.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: 2017-08-03 01:49:41 »
Can confirm that echo drops are not curing darkness for me as of putting the last two hot fixes in play. Mid temple of ancients, at the moment, no other bugs to report for now.

[Power Soul Keeper felt much more reasonable this time around, after hot fix]

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: 2017-08-03 01:52:27 »
Just had a freeze on one of the for condor battles when putting down a repairer

edit: "an unknown expection has occured" was the error, guess thats not much help :D

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: 2017-08-03 01:55:24 »
Are character levels capped at 70?

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: 2017-08-03 02:06:03 »
I've also been able to defeat the Powersoul Keeper pre Trine AI patch. It seemed to activate Trine on reaction to any action, even pulling out a hi-potion. I can confirm that it was epic, though it also ran into Tifa's lv 3 limit and triple reflect Quake 2. I can't see the average player getting through it, so I'm glad it was patched.

To confirm what selius said, yes, if you don't screw around too much and you have Tifa as a main damage dealer, you can get her to 6 limits by the end of Mt Corel. I've actually been able to consistently make this happen in 2 prior runs. It feels about as powerful as usual if you're stacking all the strength bonuses properly and getting the "Yeah". Sadly, I haven't had much luck this run with "Yeah." Mostly misses. Morph + Added Cut w/ Work Glove has done the majority of the work. Throw is still good vs unreachable enemies since chucking something at around 110 str will usually pop over 2k damage without care for barrier, miss chance, or intensive materia combinations. Leaves you free to go the fast while doubling up on materia growth.

That being said, it's been about even between full materia combo Tifa and tri-Reflect abusing Aerisths. With offensive rank-ups, they usually trade-off on boss destruction depending on the circumstances. In some situations, relegating Cloud to full Mystic Knight load-out has resulted in the fastest and safest boss kills (chaining Element, Added Cut, and Magic Counter with 3 of the same kind of magic materia, followed by Cover, Counter Attack, and Command Counter later on).

I'm having more fun with this than all the previous versions. :)
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 02:12:56 by Bowser9 »

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: 2017-08-03 02:48:19 »
3. Then stop jimmying yourself into closets and toilets D;

Uh, excuse me, there could be buried treasures in those places! Many lost things have been found in the back of closets... or so I've been told..  and I'm not sure what I was looking for in the toilets... Hmm... Anyways, on a side note, it keeps hurting my characters when I attack them with Cloud, fix?!?!

Ok seriously, a question: How does one acquire Chocobuckle? I used L5 Suicide on Chocobo's outside the farm, both when they were eating Greens and not eating Greens. I tried both of those methods on all three different encounters you can get with Chocobo's and they never used it. L5 Suicide hit every single time but they never used it. Was it moved? The method changed? Do I need to use it on a specific Chocobo? Or am I simply remembering incorrectly on how to acquire it?

The readme says: "Chocobuckle: Any chocobo (world map) Note: Use L5 Suicide after feeding them greens"

Is the Readme accurate and it isn't working, or was it changed/moved and the Readme not updated?

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: 2017-08-03 02:53:38 »
Uh, excuse me, there could be buried treasures in those places! Many lost things have been found in the back of closets... or so I've been told..  and I'm not sure what I was looking for in the toilets... Hmm... Anyways, on a side note, it keeps hurting my characters when I attack them with Cloud, fix?!?!

Ok seriously, a question: How does one acquire Chocobuckle? I used L5 Suicide on Chocobo's outside the farm, both when they were eating Greens and not eating Greens. I tried both of those methods on all three different encounters you can get with Chocobo's and they never used it. L5 Suicide hit every single time but they never used it. Was it moved? The method changed? Do I need to use it on a specific Chocobo? Or am I simply remembering incorrectly on how to acquire it?

The readme says: "Chocobuckle: Any chocobo (world map) Note: Use L5 Suicide after feeding them greens"

Is the Readme accurate and it isn't working, or was it changed/moved and the Readme not updated?

You'll still need to use Mimett Greens.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: 2017-08-03 02:57:20 »
The last time I played Vanilla I couldn't beat Sector 7 without Meteorain...that's because I was doing Cloud only through Mines and Yuffie only after that, though.

I think I tend to use Cross Slash for the Paralysis on it; any challenge run you do, effects like Paralysis can save the day if you make full use of it with ATB and/or Slow.

Can confirm that echo drops are not curing darkness for me as of putting the last two hot fixes in play. Mid temple of ancients, at the moment, no other bugs to report for now.

[Power Soul Keeper felt much more reasonable this time around, after hot fix]

That's worrying, maybe I got the kernels mixed up.

Just had a freeze on one of the for condor battles when putting down a repairer

edit: "an unknown expection has occured" was the error, guess thats not much help :D

That's a game-specific problem; the Fort Condor minigame can cause crashes if it lasts for too long. I don't think the cause is currently known.

No, you can take them to lv.99; I'd better check that Readme again, as that was an old thing from 1.1 and early 1.3.

I've also been able to defeat the Powersoul Keeper pre Trine AI patch. It seemed to activate Trine on reaction to any action, even pulling out a hi-potion. I can confirm that it was epic, though it also ran into Tifa's lv 3 limit and triple reflect Quake 2. I can't see the average player getting through it, so I'm glad it was patched.

To confirm what selius said, yes, if you don't screw around too much and you have Tifa as a main damage dealer, you can get her to 6 limits by the end of Mt Corel. I've actually been able to consistently make this happen in 2 prior runs. It feels about as powerful as usual if you're stacking all the strength bonuses properly and getting the "Yeah". Sadly, I haven't had much luck this run with "Yeah." Mostly misses. Morph + Added Cut w/ Work Glove has done the majority of the work. Throw is still good vs unreachable enemies since chucking something at around 110 str will usually pop over 2k damage without care for barrier, miss chance, or intensive materia combinations. Leaves you free to go the fast while doubling up on materia growth.

That being said, it's been about even between full materia combo Tifa and tri-Reflect abusing Aerisths. With offensive rank-ups, they usually trade-off on boss destruction depending on the circumstances. In some situations, relegating Cloud to full Mystic Knight load-out has resulted in the fastest and safest boss kills (chaining Element, Added Cut, and Magic Counter with 3 of the same kind of magic materia, followed by Cover, Counter Attack, and Command Counter later on).

I'm having more fun with this than all the previous versions. :)

So long as its fun, that's the important thing. I'm hoping that people try the other characters a bit more though.

He's right, I checked the script and it clicked; you need Mimett Greens (Sylkis Greens will also work but I don't think they're available by that point). I'll check if the readme says 'any greens'.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: 2017-08-03 03:02:20 »
I know there are tons of the guys that give rest / save options in temple of ancients but an actual save point, for rank-up and encounter on/off would be grand (unless I missed one somewhere in the initial stages of the temple?) was thinking the purple pool where the falling 'c' rocks are would be a good spot for one. Pretty sure my three chars are going to be capped at 255 SP if I ever find a save point haha

Edit: All chars at 255 except Cid and Yuffie who are just under 200
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 04:38:15 by Webbhead08 »

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: 2017-08-03 03:09:48 »

Was that it? I don't remember that at all but thank you sir. I shall give it a go... if only I hadn't gone past the farm already... Alas.

He's right, I checked the script and it clicked; you need Mimett Greens (Sylkis Greens will also work but I don't think they're available by that point). I'll check if the readme says 'any greens'.

Yeah, it just says "greens" What I posted was a copy and paste.

- Also, just ran into Zieg and... what the hell did I just experience? Haha. Just to be clear, you're not supposed to be able to win there, right?(Updated with both patches released today Aug.2)

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: 2017-08-03 03:15:25 »
Indeed, next run I'll be focusing different characters. Barret and Cait Sith's rank up options intrigue me.

@MoCheese
Spoiler: show
 You're supposed to win vs Ziegfried. If he's still targeting you with Odin, you'll need to use Tifa and let Grit kick in. Then, revive the remaining party member and go to town.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 04:00:09 by Bowser9 »

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: 2017-08-03 03:25:01 »
Looks like the script has added her again; did you see the usual FMV where she's laid to rest in the pond or did this scene not happen?

Yeah, I saw the FMV, everything played out like she was supposed to die. Then I went outside and saved. Then I updated NT from the August 1st patch to the August 2nd. Then when I went back in I saw that I could still add Aerith to my party. I don't know if I could before or after I installed the patch, but I'm saved on the world map right outside of the Ancient City right after she died and she's still a playable character.

I have an earlier backup save, I'll get to that point again and see if she's still there after she dies. Maybe updating NT caused the glitch?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5790 on: 2017-08-03 03:33:33 »
I know there are tons of the guys that give rest / save options in temple of ancients but an actual save point, for rank-up and encounter on/off would be grand (unless I missed one somewhere in the initial stages of the temple?) was thinking the purple pool where the falling 'c' rocks are would be a good spot for one. Pretty sure my three chars are going to be capped at 255 SP if I ever find a save point haha

Okay doke.

Was that it? I don't remember that at all but thank you sir. I shall give it a go... if only I hadn't gone past the farm already... Alas.

Yeah, it just says "greens" What I posted was a copy and paste.

- Also, just ran into Zieg and... what the hell did I just experience? Haha. Just to be clear, you're not supposed to be able to win there, right?(Updated with both patches released today Aug.2)

In the fight:

Zieg goes through a slew of scripted abilities that ends in him casting Odin but getting killed by it. The player doesn't take any action except maybe counter attacks if I remember right and wins by doing nothing

Yeah, I saw the FMV, everything played out like she was supposed to die. Then I went outside and saved. Then I updated NT from the August 1st patch to the August 2nd. Then when I went back in I saw that I could still add Aerith to my party. I don't know if I could before or after I installed the patch, but I'm saved on the world map right outside of the Ancient City right after she died and she's still a playable character.

I have an earlier backup save, I'll get to that point again and see if she's still there after she dies. Maybe updating NT caused the glitch?

Nah, it'll be a script line that's doing it. I think it'll correct itself at a certain point so don't worry about going back to an older save; if she's showing up in scenes though, then let me know.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: 2017-08-03 03:39:01 »
Zieg goes through a slew of scripted abilities that ends in him casting Odin but getting killed by it. The player doesn't take any action except maybe counter attacks if I remember right and wins by doing nothing

So I'll put my response in Spoilers

Ok then either it isn't working correctly or my patch update didn't take. He did everything he was supposed to up until Odin, where it hit my team, killing the two remaining characters. Going to ask for a double check on this one, but I'll reinstall that update just to be sure and try again.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: 2017-08-03 03:46:24 »
So I'll put my response in Spoilers

EDIT: Ignore previous post

Ok then either it isn't working correctly or my patch update didn't take. He did everything he was supposed to up until Odin, where it hit my team, killing the two remaining characters. Going to ask for a double check on this one, but I'll reinstall that update just to be sure and try again.

-Yeah it won't let me update so I think it may be borked.

EDIT 2: Sorry for the double post, not sure what happened there.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 04:24:15 by MoCheese »

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: 2017-08-03 05:00:19 »
Nah, it'll be a script line that's doing it. I think it'll correct itself at a certain point so don't worry about going back to an older save; if she's showing up in scenes though, then let me know.

Yeah, she shows up in the cutscene outside of Holzoff's where everyone gathers after the snowboard part, I can talk to her and she has dialogue, and I can still add her to my party. I replayed from an earlier save before she dies and still have the same issue where Aerith dies, there's the funeral cutscene, and right afterwards I can add her to my party and she still appears in the cutscene outside of Holzoff's.

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: 2017-08-03 05:18:28 »
To complete Cid's level 4 quest, do you need to go to the Dark Cave? Dialogue is directing me to go to Wall Market but I don't seem to be able to get into Midgar. I thought that might be unlocked once the quest was activated but it doesn't seem to be.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: 2017-08-03 05:20:20 »
No, you can take them to lv.99; I'd better check that Readme again, as that was an old thing from 1.1 and early 1.3.
There is one spot where it says there is a level cap of 70. The place where you can fight in the Junon Leagues, with the ghosts who didn't pass on. One of those ghosts says there's a level cap. That's probably what Webbhead08 was talking about.

Anyways, I just encountered two issues with the Costa De Sol save point. One, the text on it is broken. Two, it causes my game to crash when I use it. Here's a quick screenshot of the brokenness bit.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: 2017-08-03 05:37:15 »
Looks like Robo has been pitching quite a few tents since 1.5 released...

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: 2017-08-03 05:44:41 »
The Intel officer says to go to Leviathan Cave for Yuffie, but nothing seems to happen when I do. Does getting Leviathan in Disc 2 break this quest? Or are the instructions outdated?

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: 2017-08-03 05:53:37 »
Looks like Robo has been pitching quite a few tents since 1.5 released...
Mythril Miner's are fun and easy to dispatch enemies. That they morph into Tents alongside giving 2000 gil for each one defeated just adds to the fun.  ;D

That said, Sega could probably up the prices of some things, and make players have to hand out the full 30,000 gil for Fort Condor given how much cash a smart player can scrounge up once they know what they're doing.

Though on the topic of prices, I honestly wish most of the battle items had a base price of around 400 (at the moment the majority of them have a base price of 2 gil, meaning they sell for 1 gil). Selling them for 200 each would help, and it isn't 'gamebreaking' in terms of how much cash you end up with them.

Speaking of items though, I honestly wish the Gold Saucer game area had more 'usable' items to buy using GP. The only items worth it are the X-Potion's and Turbo-Ether's. Everything else in that extremely small list of items can usually be acquired elsewhere more easily once you know what you're doing, and some can only be bought once. And there are a number of unused items in the game that Sega could mess around with and stick in there (fourteen to fifteen unused items at this time, if I remember correctly).

So a thousand GP for an "Elixer", for example (and given that it's 10,000 gil for 100 GP, buying it with gil means spending a hundred thousand gil, for 'one' Elixer). Or nine thousand GP for some of the more annoying to acquire relics (even if they're only able to be sold once). Things like that.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 06:28:26 by Robo Jesus »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: 2017-08-03 06:27:01 »
Ah, Wutai. It's good that not even mastered materia are discriminated against.

Noticed something strange and not sure if intended.
 Alpha Rapps doesn't have enough MP to cast anything and, when berserked via War Gong, does not attack. It instead attempts to cast on each of its turns.

EDIT: For pagoda.
 Are we supposed to be unable to morph Shake and Chekhov? I get the feeling it's possible to morph Shake with a 255 accuracy weapon (if Yuffie has one), but Chekhov stumps me.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 07:55:24 by Bowser9 »