Author Topic: STICKY: FF7 Crash Play-Through Requests  (Read 107384 times)

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
Re: STICKY: FF7 Crash Play-Through Requests
« Reply #100 on: 2009-04-09 21:48:58 »
Here is the Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRYHR109

im stuck at the point where you enter Aeriths' House, and talk to her mom about going to Sector 7 and spending the night. if someone could get past the whole entering (which is where it crashes) and going down the stairs in front of her house, saving, and sending me a msg with it back, or, just posting the save file here, it'd be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks in Advance~

EDIT: ; ; i feel like a retard. i turned the cursor off and it worked >.> (you know the little hand above your head? and the little red triangles that appear at doors and etc.) >.> i'm sorry for another useless post x.x
« Last Edit: 2009-04-09 22:29:11 by Aeris »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009-04-10 01:04:57 »
Just be happy you didn't get stuck there (because you always tried to run down the stairs) for so long that you put the game away for a few months  :oops:

p2dc

« Reply #102 on: 2009-04-12 17:58:23 »
This is the 4th time I've played FFVII and I've never got to the 3rd disc either due to lack of free time and losing interest or the game crashing. Well I downloaded it for ePSXe and got to the ancient key waterfall bit and it crashed. I'm honestly gonna go mental if I can't finish this game. I've tried all fixes I can find and none work so I'm now begging someone to play through my saved state and just save state again when it's stable again. Please.

My save: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hvjoi1

Fermy

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009-04-23 02:08:33 »
Disc 2 when you fight weapon the second time by midar. crashes durring the movie afterwards. Could someone go past the movie save an send back please?
Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/?lyzdjjzhjmy

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009-05-08 12:34:48 »
Ok, I just took care of Kelkoo's request. It should be in his mailbox momentarily.

Fermy: I tried to download your savefile, but Mediafire said it wasn't there. What's the story?

p2dc: You may have put your foot in it regarding one little technicality there. :-P If your savestate was made with the Platinum-version, I should be able to help you after the 10th, though. Even so, it would probably be much better to use .mcr-files for this.

(And before anyone gets any funny ideas, I've e-mailed some of the people at the beginning of the topic to see if they still need help. Have to work through the back-log too...)

[Edit] Also, I'm playing through the game testing some text-modifications I made. I've hit a glitch that happens both with and without mods, it seems. If anyone is interested, the topic I posted for it is titled "Showstopper glitch before flashback at Kalm" - right at the start of the game. (MIFFED!) I can upload it to Spacesend or something in a heartbeat, just send a PM to remind me, or something.
Never mind, I managed to get myself through. My topic shall be updated. Move along, there's nothing to see here.

And now cwtan should be a little bit happier.

Now Zeyta too is dealt with. Productive lil' chap, me!

[Edit AGAIN] p2dc: I couldn't use the savestate, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-13 09:51:27 by Silent Warrior »

anothergamer

« Reply #105 on: 2009-05-15 18:14:20 »
Im playing with an emulator (i own the game and a ps1, i just love the quickload feature) please help me, the game freezes when weapon is about to attack junon. I'd by very grateful if someone could help me get past the video.

heres the link to the emulator : http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psx_em.html

heres my savefile : http://rapidshare.com/files/233355785/fgd.psv.html

EDIT: I've fixed the problem by swapping the discs before the cutscene triggered. You will get the wrong video but at least u can continue the game. If u wanna watch the scene i recommend www.youtube.com
I really hope this works for you guys! GL
« Last Edit: 2009-05-16 10:15:37 by anothergamer »

wlong99

« Reply #106 on: 2009-05-20 17:44:21 »
hi i am new to this forum and i tried to search for my problem but i couldnt really find a real solution for my problem. I am at the end of Gaea's Cliff and about to enter Whirlwind Maze. There is suppose to be a scene before I enter but the scene freezes everytime. I am currently playing the PC version of this game. If someone can help me out it would be great. Thanks in advance

my save game is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I7O5RSMJ
It is the first slot

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009-05-20 18:41:41 »
hi i am new to this forum and i tried to search for my problem but i couldnt really find a real solution for my problem. I am at the end of Gaea's Cliff and about to enter Whirlwind Maze. There is suppose to be a scene before I enter but the scene freezes everytime. I am currently playing the PC version of this game. If someone can help me out it would be great. Thanks in advance

my save game is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I7O5RSMJ
It is the first slot

Is the scene a movie?  If not check this out Aali's Driver He has slowly but surely fixed nearly every problem encountered in the game.

Gebro

« Reply #108 on: 2009-05-25 13:30:02 »
So I'm freezing at the ancient  city when you put the key in.

Here's my save file
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=094NJC3A
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JETVTPPE

I wasn't sure which file actually had my save so I posted both.
If anyone can just get me past that cut scene that would be awesome.

wp37

« Reply #109 on: 2009-05-28 01:25:09 »
Hi, I'm stuck at the part where after Barret and Cait defeated the attack squad(s) Rufufs and Heiddeger have a talk and Heiddeger oders the cannon to be prepared. The screen then blinks and Heiddeger walks down a few steps and everything freezes except for Heiddeger's eye which still blinks. According to a youtube video, there's supposed to be a scene during the blink and a sailor came up into the screen before Heiddeger walks down. Can anybody help? I've tried Gypt,Yamp and also tried to download the TrueMotion codec but they didn't work and the TrueMotion codec's link was not found.

EDIT:I've found the solution. I just remembered I downloaded an *** version of it and thought that since they put it on the net it must have worked properly. So I installed the game in another folder and replaced the movies in my game which were only 2 seconds and 3 kb. Sorry if it's not allowed but my problem is all of the movies are 2 seconds only. Sorry to disturb all of you.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-30 05:45:57 by wp37 »

FinalFantasyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009-05-28 18:54:50 »
how exactly do i upload my saved file?????????????

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009-05-28 19:33:16 »
I've never uploaded or downloaded epsxe saves before, so take what I say with a pinch of salt ;-)

There should be a folder called "memcards" in the same place as the .exe for epsxe with files in it called epsxe000.mcr and epsxe001.mcr the first one has the saves from the first memory card, the second one has the saves from the second.

If you upload them to somewhere like sendspace and post a link here, then maybe someone will be able to help you (no guarantees  :?).

Also, I notice that you posted in the gypt thread; that's for the PC version only  :-P

FinalFantasyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009-05-28 19:55:16 »
I finally found a solution and about 10 minutes ago! I FINSIHED FF7!!!!!!!!!! WOOO!!
« Last Edit: 2009-05-30 04:38:40 by FinalFantasyGirl »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009-05-28 19:58:10 »
Nope, PC version is completely different (and these forums have a rule against downloaded games).

Drilboor

« Reply #114 on: 2009-05-29 23:04:48 »
Hello everyone..

I have simply been googling everywhere on the net to find a solution for this and even tho I did find a few possible ones, none of them unfortunatly work,
which is why I come down here, sincerely hoping someone can help me with this.

Basically I am experiencing the same problem quite a handfull of others users have aswell. I am talking about the scene which triggers in the Forgotten City after Bugenhagen has put in the
"Key of the Ancients". When I want to walk with cloud into the waterfall, the game goes black and I keep hearing error sounds and I can't continue with the game..

Now is there anyone out there who could please use my save file and play through this little part, walk outside to the world map, then save again and (as last) upload the save file here again?
As a big fan of this game, I would so much like to finish this but due to this crash I simply can't right now.. the worst thing is that I actually never did finish the game, not even in my younger years when
I had it on the ps1.

BTW, I am using the PC version of this game but I extracted it to my PC into .ISO files so I can play it without the hassle of using CD's etc and atm I use an emulating tool..

My never ending grattitude is for the one who can help me with this..
« Last Edit: 2009-05-29 23:15:38 by Drilboor »

FinalFantasyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009-05-30 04:36:18 »
SIMPLE SOLUTION TO ALL PROBLEMS:

http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff7saves.htm

Just pick the one after the gold saucer date or cosmo canyon and you can play either from those levels and such, or just download a program and change the levels to match your own :)

Disadvantage: You miss the scene, but look on the BRIGHT SIDE: you can always youtube it!

« Reply #116 on: 2009-05-30 06:04:26 »
What if you have the PC version?? Where do i find saved games for that? (and please don't say use PSX tools... it doesn't run on my system for some reason)

FinalFantasyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009-05-30 06:21:20 »
I don't think it matters( not sure tho). This is what I did: I'm playing it on an emulator, so I downloaded the file I needed and put that file into my memcard folder in my emulator folder. Then I just opened it like I normally would and loaded it like a previously saved file.

« Reply #118 on: 2009-05-30 06:54:55 »
I'm not playing it on an emulator... I have the PC version of the game

Drilboor

« Reply #119 on: 2009-05-30 07:48:21 »
SIMPLE SOLUTION TO ALL PROBLEMS:

http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff7saves.htm

Just pick the one after the gold saucer date or cosmo canyon and you can play either from those levels and such, or just download a program and change the levels to match your own :)

Disadvantage: You miss the scene, but look on the BRIGHT SIDE: you can always youtube it!

Dear FantasyGirl,

Really appreciate the help here, the save I could use is actually right there.. but the only problem is, as you might understand, I'd like to continue this game with my own savefile instead
of someone else's, i have played this game for 2 weeks to get this far and trained my characters to the point they are now..

Could you perhaps please help me out? Could I perhaps pass my save file to you? Or is there anyone else out there willing to only help me get passed the Forgotten City scene inside the waterfall?
That's the only thing really..

*EDIT*

Actually even tried one of those saves, putted it in my memcard folder but for some reason it doesn't show up ingame so I can't load it.

Yes I played around with NTSC and PAL, didn't work... still desperately waiting for someone to help me..
« Last Edit: 2009-05-30 08:16:01 by Drilboor »

FinalFantasyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009-05-31 01:47:35 »
Sure I can help you :)
Just upload your saved game and give me the link, I'll play through that part for you :)

Drilboor

« Reply #121 on: 2009-05-31 08:29:32 »
Ooohhhhh my godd.. thank you thank you thank you so much!  :-D  :-D

Here's the save file: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag3ghfh/n/epsxe000_rar

If you could please only go through the scene at the waterfall with Bugenhagen and after that leave the place and go to the world map and save I would be forever gratefull!

Bango Skank

Helping Me = Good Karma!!!
« Reply #122 on: 2009-06-08 00:16:36 »
Hi!  So I've tried laboriously to get through this game and this is the first place I feel I am stuck without recourse. 

Where I am starting:
From the Tifa gas chamber sequence

Where I need to go:
to the savepoint on the airship

Explanation of the problem:
If I play through with the TrueMotion driver, the FMV of Weapon will freeze.  If I play through with Aali's FF7 driver, I can get to the airship sequence, but it runs so painfully slow that I have no hope of making it to the next savepoint (where I can thus revert to the TM driver).  How slow?  During a conversation I get like 3 letters every 30 secs, or if I change screens (walk though a door) it takes a good 5-10 mins to load the next environment.  I have tried the most recent version of his driver (0.6.8  ).  Gypt doesn't seem to do anything here either.

Version of the game:
English PC version

Savegame download link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag5db9h/n/save04_ff7

Please help me to finish this game.

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: 2009-06-08 00:31:08 by Bango Skank »

moses7

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009-06-08 11:06:30 »
Try posting on Aali's thread. He likes it when someone post bugs about his driver

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.msg104636#new

Tripwire

Re: Helping Me = Good Karma!!!
« Reply #124 on: 2009-06-09 12:12:16 »
Savegame download link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag5db9h/n/save04_ff7

I tried... I apparently have the same issue with it glitching and gypt hasnt helped at all. Sorry man, hopefully some one else will pick it up.  :-(