Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421695 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1675 on: 2013-08-31 02:52:43 »
Hi

I've got the Steam version, and followed the instructions to download EQ2Alyza's mod list using the torrent and so forth. This all seemed to work, but when I try to run the game, it doesn't register any inputs. It loads up: an empty command prompt, what looks like a starting screen for FF7 music, and the game itself (here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/1cny7vp).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default input is the numpad keys. If you don't have a numpad, then you need to install the laptop keyboard fix.

Melbu1989

• View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 2013-09-01 21:14:33 »
I know that this isn't the place for it, or perhaps it is, but I figured since this thread was still active I would ask. I have two questions/concerns I wanted to voice. I will list them below. First I am not running into any errors with the actual functionality or playabilty of the game, it runs fine, I followed EQ2Alyza's guide and everything runs like a charm. Now for the reason I'm posting.

Question/Concerns
1. After installing and running everything, my virus protection did it's daily auto scan and found 5 cases of Sprinkles.7z being malicious files. I'm assuming this is nothing to worry about and just a false positive correct?
2. I started off by making a copy of my Steam Copy file (Final Fantasy VII) folder and pasting it to (K:\Games\FF7) and made another folder (K:\Games\FF7\FF7 Mods). After everything is installed and running, I can launch both my Steam Vanilla Version and my modded version, the thing is is that my steam version still has all Achievements and acts as if the modded game had no correlation. I read that it was supposed to have the opposite effect?

jonmar

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: 2013-09-05 20:12:43 »
Edit: Found the answer in the trouble shooting thread. Must have went over it too fast last time.

Edit 2: Yep that worked. My apologies for not looking hard enough the first time!
« Last Edit: 2013-09-05 20:27:26 by jonmar »

77kbk77

• View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 2013-09-06 15:34:52 »
I have a quick question regarding Bootloader - Do I absolutely have to start FF7 through it if I installed mods? The only way I could run Bootleg was on my laptop which I guess doesn't meet the specifications, so I was thinking of just moving my FF7 folder onto my desktop (can't install it there because I don't have admin rights), which would leave me SOL if Bootloader is needed.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #1679 on: 2013-09-06 18:44:21 »
There's more installed than what's just in the FF7 directory. You'll need to get admin rights and install the game if you want to play it on your desktop. You don't have to use bootloader, but unless you're using 7thHeaven for mods you're better off just using it anyway.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: 2013-09-13 17:47:37 »
Been trying this and I seem to be running into an issue with FFVII Music. Seems to work the first time or two and then doesn't work. I get a null node error, ie, Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000. Don't know what's causing this but I rather not have to spend an hour uninstalling, reinstalling and running bootleg every other time I play. Sound and everything else seems to work fine, it's just music that is having this odd issue. I did read up FFVII Music doesn't install properly which I think might be the problem but I can't find a recent fix or a fix that mimics my problem exactly. Though I do think it's simply not installing properly since the OSTRe folder is indeed missing.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: 2013-09-14 02:13:49 »
You can try my FF7 Music Patch, but if you don't have some Music-Files, you have to insert the Music-Files by hand.
If you have the Torrent package, there a file "OSTRe.7z" is also there.
Extract this into "[Gamedir]\FF7Music\OSTRe" or (if you have used my Patch) into "[Gamedir]\Ficedula\OSTRe".

This post may also interest you.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-14 02:22:38 by Kompass63 »

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: 2013-09-14 03:27:48 »
Thanks, your patch worked. Still don't know why it only did it after a session or two of play before having issues. Still need to redo the whole thing since I somehow selected the wrong music in bootleg.

EDIT: Also, I should point out suggesting that someone disable UAC isn't the greatest of ideas as they can be opening themselves up to security issues like rootkits. It's not even needed to use Bootleg. I've messed with it several times already testing things out. And besides the music issue I haven't had any issues. Well besides the frictionless wheel on my mouse but that's another problem entirely.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-14 03:42:37 by GameGeeks »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1683 on: 2013-09-14 04:37:51 »
Thanks, your patch worked. Still don't know why it only did it after a session or two of play before having issues. Still need to redo the whole thing since I somehow selected the wrong music in bootleg.

EDIT: Also, I should point out suggesting that someone disable UAC isn't the greatest of ideas as they can be opening themselves up to security issues like rootkits. It's not even needed to use Bootleg. I've messed with it several times already testing things out. And besides the music issue I haven't had any issues. Well besides the frictionless wheel on my mouse but that's another problem entirely.

When you say redo, do you mean start from complete scratch and install game and Bootleg again? If so, can you try using ff7music_install_15112.exe and tell me if the music plays or not. Also, take ff7music_install_15113.exe out of your mod folder before starting the Bootleg install.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: 2013-09-14 04:59:25 »
I can try it tomorrow. Wish I had seen it earlier before all this, but oh well. I still have packing to do so I can just do that for the hour it takes to do all of this.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: 2013-09-14 06:40:44 »
The installation with bootleg installed significantly more than the FF7Music installer.
It will be created, including related music files, 10-11 different profiles.
If the FF7Music-installer is used, my patch has no effect at all. (only "PSF" and "OSTRe")

If then "Anxious Heart" (AH.exe) is used, presumably nothing works properly.
Please save the folder "Ficedula" before attempting another installations.

My FF7 Music Patch contains the 11 profiles and renames some music files (corresponding to profiles).
Also, some profiles are revised.
This is all lost if you using FF7Music-installer or AH.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: 2013-09-14 17:56:17 »
Haven't tried the older version yet but I don't seem to be having that issue anymore. Wondering if not using that all difficulty selection option had anything to do with it. Would be odd but then it only takes a byte to screw things over so you never know.

EDIT: OK, noticing an issue with Cloud's battle model with what appears to be a corrupted texture over his mouth. Don't know what's causing it. Especially since I selected no change for battle models. And so far it appears to just be Cloud that has it. Only other thing I can think of is it's somehow tied to APZ's Buster Sword model but I can't find anything on that in Google and it'll probably be a bit before I can get his next weapon.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-15 15:50:39 by GameGeeks »

Akitu

• View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: 2013-09-15 21:27:36 »
So what is recommended if I was a dumbass and missed step 5 due to distractions while doing the installation procedure? Is it possible to run bootleg over top of itself or is it still recommended to do a fresh install?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: 2013-09-15 23:25:14 »
You WHAT?

It's recommended to start over. Installing Bootleg over an already-Bootlegged install is not supported and can lead to weird results.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: 2013-09-16 16:39:33 »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: 2013-09-16 19:36:14 »
Pic of what I'm referring to.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/GameGeeks/CloudsMouth_zps3cacb717.jpg

All I can see is the window of paint you left open in the screen shot. You need to be aware of what's on screen first and crop screen shots like this so it just shows what you're talking about. Also post them as an image instead of a url.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: 2013-09-16 22:33:21 »
OK, noticing an issue with Cloud's battle model with what appears to be a corrupted texture over his mouth. Don't know what's causing it. Especially since I selected no change for battle models. And so far it appears to just be Cloud that has it. Only other thing I can think of is it's somehow tied to APZ's Buster Sword model but I can't find anything on that in Google and it'll probably be a bit before I can get his next weapon.
This was done on purpose as a safeguard against copyright issues with bootleg is my guess. It is CYA about not distributing original game material in its entirety.
You can repair Cloud's original model using the following unencoded files: Cloud Battle Original Model

Use uLGP to unpack battle.lgp and overwrite these files into the archive, then repack and replace.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: 2013-09-16 23:57:51 »
@cmh175: I had to leave it open with the game in the background. Was just getting a black screen without it. Figured it didn't matter about cropping since all that was needed was the mouth.

@Template: Tried encoding those files over and it didn't work, still there. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: 2013-09-17 00:51:25 »
I think the problem is that original Cloud model has two textures for the face (ID 0 for the eyes and ID 1 for the mouth). The HighRes model use only one texture ID for them, so ID 1 was free and is now used by the weapon mods.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: 2013-09-17 01:30:17 »
In that case can someone tell me what archive the high-res classic model is in so I can extract that and apply it without having to do the entire bootleg process over? The archive names don't really describe what most of the stuff is.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: 2013-09-17 03:04:17 »
@cmh175: I had to leave it open with the game in the background. Was just getting a black screen without it. Figured it didn't matter about cropping since all that was needed was the mouth.

@Template: Tried encoding those files over and it didn't work, still there. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Open the game in window mode, turn off full screen in bootloader. You'll get the full image and can just minimize the game to open paint.

Akitu

• View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: 2013-09-19 00:10:50 »
Okay! So I got it all modded up properly now, after doing the reinstallation process etc., I'm now finding I'm having issues with my gamepad. It's registering all buttons multiple times instead of a single entry, when trying to configure the "Joystick" options in the config menu for example, by confirming with what would normally be circle, it would enter the key twice and automatically switch it around as opposed to waiting for what key I would like to change it to.

I'm using a Logitech F310, for the sake of reference. If I can get this last little kink sorted out I'll be a very happy camper, as I'm loving all of the updated bootlegged graphics, thanks for putting all the hard work into making this for shlubs like myself who want the updated graphics but don't know how to do it on our own!

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: 2013-09-19 01:46:33 »
Okay! So I got it all modded up properly now, after doing the reinstallation process etc., I'm now finding I'm having issues with my gamepad. It's registering all buttons multiple times instead of a single entry, when trying to configure the "Joystick" options in the config menu for example, by confirming with what would normally be circle, it would enter the key twice and automatically switch it around as opposed to waiting for what key I would like to change it to.

I'm using a Logitech F310, for the sake of reference. If I can get this last little kink sorted out I'll be a very happy camper, as I'm loving all of the updated bootlegged graphics, thanks for putting all the hard work into making this for shlubs like myself who want the updated graphics but don't know how to do it on our own!

Logitechs are great controllers, but the firmware sucks. I have a F710, and installed the xbox 360 firmware. Install this: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows then just add the firmware to the controller in device manager. Mine also has X and D inputs. I use D with Pinnacle and map the controls to match the old ps1.

EpiKer

• View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: 2013-09-21 10:06:10 »
First of all, thank you for all the hard work! I just have a question. How do I change the sound effect when you move through menus? There is a click sound (like when you click on the mouse) and I wanna use the original sound effect. How to change that?

Posts Merged.

And apparently the game doesn't work. It worked fine yesterday but today when I click the Play FF7 in the bootloader it just shows a black screen and goes back to desktop. Any way to fix this? 
« Last Edit: 2013-09-21 19:59:37 by The Great Covarrtsby »

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: 2013-09-28 08:13:54 »
Hi. I have this issue with RedXIII avatar http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/74w1.jpg/ but only when I'm in-doors. It isn't like that when I'm on the outside world. I use the PNG avatars from the mod folder I tried deleting it and copy a red.tex to the menu_us instead, but the problem remained, I even tried with the original avatar and I got the same problem. And yes, I did deleted my cache before every try. I don't get it why I keep getting that materia-like avatar when I'm indoors only.  :-\