Author Topic: Sierra (sherra) WIP and maybe some other crap...(um.. 56k warning)  (Read 5281 times)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
well while I was waiting for my sherra model to arrive in the post I got to work on a map of mideel in in the far cry sandbox editor. Because it works in heightmaps it can easily be ported straight into crysis without hassle. I managed to finish the map minus the actual town, as once i finished the map my model arrived and ive been working on that the last day or so, (even though I've only done a few hours on it :-P). Anyway this is FF related but I didn't know if it was related enough so i stuck in here instead of general. So I'll be posting up my WIP of these two things.

First Mideel

Moving from West to East the main town would be right near the beach.

And this just point of into nowhere :lol:.

Now lastly a rendered textured preview.

Just for the hell of it the TK'ing spree before the FH Tournament last night :-D I won :-P

Now on to something more important. I started the sherra yesterday but I was sick and after staring at the screen for an hour this was all I got done :lol:

But I did a bit more this morning, not quite an hours work and I've gotten a bit further :-).

Nothing special at the moment just trying to work the rough shape out then I'll come back later an add detail. Leave comments I'll update during the week hopefully.

murak

man squeeble, that looks, I cannot even put into words how joyous I feel seeing the fruits of your labour! well done!

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Just curious malachi, but thats you murak isn't it? :lol:

Borde

• View Profile
Hey, nice job Squeeble. I wonder if we will ever get to see this in FF7. Maybe when Q-Gears gets further  :wink:
About the Sierra, It's a good project, althought I'll allways prefer my beloved Hi-Wind :-D

stormmedia

• View Profile
althought I'll allways prefer my beloved Hi-Wind :-D

Don't worry Borde, when the time comes, I'll do a detailed hi-wind just for you! :-D  (Although I must admit that it will be a little for me as well hehe)
« Last Edit: 2007-05-24 01:17:37 by stormmedia »

comeonteamluca

Agreed! This looks fantastic!

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Just a itty bitty update coz I'm quite happy with how the bottom is turning out. The shape is much more perfected except for near the bridge/cockpit whatever you wanna call it. The cockpit thing will probably be one of the last things I actually do on this as I will be doing the entire inside as well and theres some really weird shapes around the so ill leave it till later.
Anyway heres both sides of the bottom with a small amount of smoothing applied. Also added a tifa model to give a rough idea of size.

A look at it in wireframe.

Finally some progress on the mid section, not much yet but it should be right by the end of the week. Depending on how much BF I play :-P

More updates next time :-)

**EDIT** :lol: I was so happy with how it was starting to look I thought I may as well throw one more pic in there :-P.

**EDIT2**
Hopefully it doesn't look like a shoe anymore :-P

Should have the front end done by the week. :-)

And the crappy pictures I took wich I'm working from.

Thats all for now, cmon people I want some more comments :lol:, even though this is a forum where theres only like 5 people online at a time :-P.
More updates to come.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-26 07:12:27 by squeeble »

weeemus

• View Profile
Hey thats some awsome work squeeble!  :-D keep up the good work.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
 :lol: I got hold of a game called freelancer and it's very addictive so I haven't done much more on my ship, I spoze I'll just update whenever from now on :-P, and I'm also going to get X3 reunion so lots of space pirating for me :lol:. But I did vow to myself to get this done so it will be finished.. Eventually...