Miscellaneous Forums > Troubleshooting

STICKY: An up-to-date guide for newbies on playing FF7

<< < (10/11) > >>

MrSinister:

--- Quote from: PitBrat on 2011-08-03 20:02:42 ---Are you using Aali's lgp tools to work with the lgp files?  Using highwind or other lgp tools can damage the lgp files and cause missing textures.
Also, turn off texture compression in the ff7_opengl.cfg:
    compress_textures = no

And even disable fancy transparency for good measure:
    fancy_transparency = off

After installing Aali's OpenGL driver, did you run config.exe as administrator and change to the custom driver?

-PitBrat

--- End quote ---
i was using the ficedula tool because the lgp exe didn't work and the cmd command never works for anything i try to do with it for some reason. i get stuck at steps 14 - 16 on the tutorial because of that. I have the custom driver installed. As far as the driver goes, that seems to be the root of the black screen problem. There's 0 problems with the menu/lvl screen until i install the custom driver

PitBrat:
There's a good chance that the black texture glitch is a result of using the ficedula tool to compile lgp's.

Aali's lgp tools are essential for the advanced modding of FF7.
If the command line shell doesn't work, you could try using the PowerShell.
That's even more of an hassle though.

-PitBrat

MrSinister:

--- Quote from: PitBrat on 2011-08-03 20:33:18 ---There's a good chance that the black texture glitch is a result of using the ficedula tool to compile lgp's.

Aali's lgp tools are essential for the advanced modding of FF7.
If the command line shell doesn't work, you could try using the PowerShell.
That's even more of an hassle though.

-PitBrat

--- End quote ---
having problems with taking the sccreenshot[probably also from the driver being installed]. Anyway the Cloud mod is just missing the sword, not that i can't see it clearly. Sorry for the confusion. The bigger problem though is getting a black screen problem after i install Aali's driver

Holyone:
Hi guys

Game was working perfectly, shut it down.. started it again.. about 3 times.

Then it stopped working, tried re-installing.
now it starts with a white overlay and gives this
ERROR: could not open file C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
Looked in the folder that file isn't in there.. tried re-installing a couple times.

Any Ideas?

PitBrat:
Add these lines to 'ff7_opengl.cfg' to fix the white screen and stop ERROR messages:
    use_shaders = no
    disable_popup = on

When the game is running, configure the input device in the menu.
That will create the missing 'ff7input.cfg'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version