Author Topic: FF7 Customising  (Read 96892 times)

dragonhead

• View Profile
Re: STICKY: FF7 Customising
« Reply #25 on: 2007-11-29 20:54:44 »
in other words I need to know how to use an SRB file then I'm fine

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #26 on: 2007-11-29 21:42:05 »
Again, where did you download it from?

dragonhead

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007-11-30 02:44:51 »
from ff7-universe.com

and from wiki post

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #28 on: 2007-11-30 07:42:08 »
There is an instruction on how to use it on the ff7-universe.

dragonhead

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007-11-30 12:24:29 »
okay Now I need help with the NPC reconstruction project after I use I can't enter small bases like chocobo stable, Kalm or see the snake on a tree
« Last Edit: 2007-11-30 15:47:25 by dragonhead »

Thanakil

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008-03-23 02:22:29 »
When playing the game, it randomly freezes... Anyone has any idea why? I remember playing on the same computer the game before without any hitch. I'm only using patch 1.02 and chocobo patch, nothing else (for now).
(I think I could play with the H-Res patch too, but I got enough problems making it work with only those two =/ )

The freezes happen at anytime. First it was when I first meet Aeris after blowing a reactor, after that it was at the bar. What really bother me is that it's not a area in specific, it's just random.
Window XP 32 bits. Latest Nvidia driver (I can try olders, I'm just not sure if that will be a good solution since I play other games too, who won't benefit from something like that...)

(I'm wondering if it's because of a patch that it happens, if it's not should I post it in support instead? I tried reading other threads who talk about freezes in FFVII, but the problems don't feel similar to mine, I'll still try very old drivers see if anything happen)

Edit : Well, hours later (or the next day) I think I managed to find something that was conflicting with the game. (not sure... But I think so) and using few months old drivers must be helping. (163.75)
Seems to be working not too bad with only necessary patches installed.
Can't get His-res to work tho (it does patch the exe, the patcher say it recognize the size/crc and that it patches it. But when I start the game, even tho it works without glitch in 1.02, it doesn't even start with Hi-res. It starts the game and close it right after without error message). Doesn't matter too much tho, as long as I get to make the work game normally I can be happy.

Guess my post ended up useless (and possibly in the wrong section of the forum... Sorry x_x).
« Last Edit: 2008-03-23 07:40:32 by Thanakil »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008-04-09 12:52:32 »
Synergy Blades,

might you be interested in adding my Scene Redux mod to the Wiki?

Version 1.3 proved to be stable enough to call it final.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008-06-21 19:23:10 »
I can't seem to find the file for tieoh. Also do I need to decompile the kernel first cause I was trying to use that ff7dec program and kept saying the kernel2.bin wasn't the right gzip format.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008-06-21 21:10:46 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6385.0
Teioh, not Tieoh.

ff7dec only decompiles kernel.bin, not kernel2.bin. Kernel2.bin doesn't need to be decompiled.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008-06-25 20:13:01 »
Hey guys, just a head's up:

My site (ff7-universe) is down indefinitely.. my host is being unreliable.  If anyone has wiki access, please remove/replace any and all links leading to ff7-u.

This has probably been going on for a while, but i was just made aware of it recently. =(

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008-06-25 22:53:49 »
I didn't know that was your site! I love that place!!!

Will it be back up at any point?

Synergy Blades

« Reply #36 on: 2008-06-25 23:33:41 »
Seems to work just fine here.  :?

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008-06-26 01:40:54 »
Was never down with the whole "login" thing. Should've been taken off of the wiki when that was implemented.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008-06-26 19:23:38 »
Seems to work just fine here.  :?

I just tried it and there's nothing but the host's "placeholder blah blah blah". Unfortunate :(

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008-06-28 04:19:55 »
..well, shizznit.

Now it's working FINE.

It's down for over a week, i go through all the channels to get it back, that fails, so I declare it's down... and it comes back.

Goddammit, i hate my host =P

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008-07-25 16:03:13 »
I just bought the pc version (a whopping 50 $ at games exchange) and i got some questions/concerns.

I'd like to have the

-high res patch, 

-npcs remodeled patch, 

-make it so my party characters are the battle versions on the field and wherever, 

-id like to get better sound if possible... the midis or whatever sound like crap, any way to make it sound like the playstation version?     

- that patch that fixes those stupid block hands

thats all i can think of, i have looked around ff7 universe and the wiki of patches and this site but i might be forgetting a few.

Any other patches or mods or whatever anyone wanna recommend me?

also does anyone know if all the patches i just mentioned will work together?  and im using windows vista and have my resolution set to 1280x960 if that matters.

I don't expect you guys to do all the work looking around for patches or finding all my info for me, if you guys cant/wont help me ill just go look around the internet in general and this site and ff7 universe a bit more (altho ive already spent hours the past week or so looking around)

EDIT:  I got saints high resolution patch AND the phoenix rejuvenation patch working together as well as hays reasonable mod too!   Only thing left to do is install the 9999 limit breaking patch then maybe get an editor so i can lower all my stats to make the game NOT mind numbingly easy.

If anyone has any other suggestions for patches/mod let me know.
« Last Edit: 2008-07-26 01:27:59 by Tyler_Wu »

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008-08-09 19:13:08 »
If you have want the NPC Reconstruction patch, why do you want the block hands patch?

--------------EDIT------------------------
Also, use the search function in the top left on the screen, it works wonders!  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2008-08-09 19:14:57 by JordieBo »

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #42 on: 2008-08-29 01:15:32 »
Hey guys!

At girst, a big thank to all to you! You are all great :D

But there's one Problem:

I wanna change my spell names- Fire Fire2 Fire3 into Fira Figa, you know.

But I have the german Version- does anyone know how I can change them?

I tried it yet with Cosmo 0.95c!

Oh, and greetings from Germany!

See ya,

Deniz

Fermy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-04-21 20:54:07 »
TrueCodec link is now broken.  :-(

Fermy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-04-21 21:57:58 »
TrueCodec link is now broken.  :-(

Was only down for a few hours. all okay

venom_kill

« Reply #45 on: 2009-04-27 07:23:20 »
Hey guys, just a head's up:

My site (ff7-universe) is down indefinitely.. my host is being unreliable.  If anyone has wiki access, please remove/replace any and all links leading to ff7-u.

This has probably been going on for a while, but i was just made aware of it recently. =(

Hello, i want ask something:
1. that patch can work on emulator VGS? because i have already play FF7 on that emulator
2. i want to change text on game, but i don't know how to change it. have u tool or someting to do this?

cloudaven

« Reply #46 on: 2009-06-18 00:08:19 »
Hey can any one help me

i followed the intructions to the letter and followed every guide for the npc reconstruction patch

i extracted all the files of char lgp to a folder called char
ok then when i run the my product update exe.

i get this message

(This program can not update the installed version of MyProduct because of the following reason:
the destination directory does not contain any files to update.

please tell me want to do i used the tool program that came with the npc reconstruction zip
i redownloaded it several times i followed every single note pad read me in the zip please... send me a message to help me with this...
because i would really like to play with updated graphics and i have been tring to use the patch for a week now

thanks

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009-06-18 02:01:07 »
The PRP (phoenix rejuvenation project) is newer than the npc reconstruction patch

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009-07-18 01:13:34 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8664.msg108746#msg108746

I've released an app. Until it does something more epic, it's just called the
Final Fantasy VII Script Code Assembler v1.1

I'd appreciate it if this would be added to the wiki page. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2009-07-18 23:25:23 by titeguy3 »

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #49 on: 2009-07-19 03:19:45 »
I'm probably going to revamp that page soon. That needs to have the new graphics driver added as well. The chocobo patch and the resolution patch have been deprecated by that.