Author Topic: Best Ps1 games?  (Read 4795 times)

Hermoor

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Hermoor's Youtube
Best Ps1 games?
« on: 2009-09-22 23:34:41 »
Hey, made a video yesterday of my top seven Ps1 games. Seven is a good number...what do you think?  :-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghtVAto5odI&feature=player_profilepage

Re: Best Ps1 games?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-22 23:49:19 »
No SO2!? 

lyada

• Gimme Elixier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-23 00:04:44 »
Raptors > Zombies.

And all I have to say to Legend is HAARPOOON!

lyada

• Gimme Elixier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-23 02:29:51 »
I'm going to have to replay Legend once I move out.

and
http://xkcd.com/135/

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-23 03:50:33 »
firstly, without math we would not have 3d graphics, nevermind computers as they are now.

now to your video, nicely done, i like that you added a blurb for each game of why u liked it, a lot of people put vids like that on youtube, and just put the titles of each game.

As to your selection, I'd say you should've included metal gear solid, arguably one of the best games for the psx, with revolutionary and smooth gameplay, top graphics and incredible acting, enhancing a top-notch story.

lyada

• Gimme Elixier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-23 04:45:49 »
I would look up Alan Turing if you don't think math is important. The inventor of the Turing machine and tied only with DaVicini as awesome gay scientists.

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-23 06:47:44 »
nice list :)

and i totally agree with you on the ffix part :) i too find it better then ffvii. Just a shame that i live in europe and i have the pal version. wich means no excaliburII for me :(

and legend of dragoon omg i loved that game, granted i first played it on my friends modded ps1 but i was hooked the moment i played it :) So i bought the game and the iso's are now on my psp. wich will be replaced with the original playstion store version, if that EVER comes out.

edit: i have not played the other games on the list for the simple reason that i do not own a ps1, not even a 2, and soon i have a 3 :)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-23 06:50:30 by ye-roon »

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-23 11:20:46 »
and i totally agree with you on the ffix part  i too find it better then ffvii. Just a shame that i live in europe and i have the pal version. wich means no excaliburII for me

Yeah FFIX is very underrated. Most people forget how rich the story and the graphics/music is and just look at the character designs. Which is really sad... :roll:
i have not played the other games on the list for the simple reason that i do not own a ps1, not even a 2, and soon i have a 3

Pirate bay, epsxe my friend... :wink:

I agree that the story and setting(gfx and music) of FFIX was amazing. Probably the reason why its one of the few Final Fantasies i finished playing (along with ffVIII, but that was cause 8 was way to easy). I love ffix.

And about the pirate bay, well, i am in a point in my life where i rarely dl stuff. I much rather pay for games and play them. Even though i do not own a ps1 or ps2, i do own a legal copy of FFIX and FFX and FFXII :) i just borrowed the console from my cousin and bought the games myself (he doesnt like rpgs and dislikes jrpgs even more :p)