Author Topic: Signatures  (Read 10449 times)

oglsmm

• View Profile
Signatures
« on: 2004-11-02 18:27:06 »
Qhimm,

Just having a thought I know that you had decided not to have signatures way back here but given the number of repeat questions that come up I was thinking that if you allowed text signatures only then people could "Sticky" some of the more common complaint solutions in there signatures.

Maybe make it a bit easier to find an answer to common questions. I know there is a search but for some reason some people don't seem to know what that word means...

Just a thought I had, I know it works well in other places.

oglsmm

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Signatures
« Reply #1 on: 2004-11-02 20:35:58 »
I agree, If there is a linkie in the sig, people would be more tempted to click it, and eradicate a few topics.

Nice Idea ^_^

Relf

• View Profile
Signatures
« Reply #2 on: 2004-11-03 00:33:28 »
But what use would that be for most of us? It would just add more text to skim through...

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Signatures
« Reply #3 on: 2004-11-03 10:07:51 »
I think sigs are bad. They are usually abused by "LOLOLOL Ownage Look how nice pic" pictures.

oglsmm

• View Profile
Signatures
« Reply #4 on: 2004-11-03 11:09:32 »
Quote from: mirex
I think sigs are bad. They are usually abused by "LOLOLOL Ownage Look how nice pic" pictures.

Thats why I said text, and they could have the same rules as the avatars.  You don't see many people breaking the avatar rules anymore.

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-11-03 22:28:10 »
Photo / Text: I don't think we really need signatures *unnecessary*  
Or do this (for example): Check Sephiroth 3D's old posts
http://forums.qhimm.com/search.php?search_author=Sephiroth+3D

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Signatures
« Reply #6 on: 2004-11-14 19:49:28 »
I agree with Nori and Mirex.
Even if Text-Only signatures were allowed, there'll be a whole lot of people not reading the newbie faq, and so we would have the same problem with signatures as with avatars.
I think there were enough members banned due to avatar abuse here, we don't need to start another problem here.

Keep it as it is: No signatures allowed.

- Alhexx

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Signatures
« Reply #7 on: 2004-11-15 09:20:52 »
Experience tells me that newbies hardly read the FAQ.
As such it'll be more work for the mods and admins to fix any problems caused by signatures.

Besides, the main emphasis of this place is content, not fancy display of the content. Early on, even avatars were out of the question.

Also, Seph3D's method of including a signature is out of the question.
If every member did that, the search function would lead to lots of false results.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Signatures
« Reply #8 on: 2005-01-17 06:15:57 »
eh sigs work for soem forums but not others, most of the huuuuge forums ive been to even had sgs that took almost the whole page up (meaning oyu had to scorll down just to see the whole thing) but some poeple jsut use it as advertising. another thing you oculd do is have the custom title thing (some forums have a custom title in the left side members can change themselves) and have a specific limit on the number of characters in taht. its not too large so it wont take up and extra load tim enad not really large enoguh to make it annoying to go through

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Signatures
« Reply #9 on: 2005-01-17 19:43:33 »
=_=

Stop reviving dead posts!

Yeah... I've stopped doing that signature thing.

Although to make it easier for people, it wouldn't be too hard to mod phpbb to only display your sig on the last post you've made in the topic. (So if you post 3 times in a topic, it would only show the sig in the third post.) I've seen it done, so I know it can be done...

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Signatures
« Reply #10 on: 2005-01-18 23:00:22 »
eh sorry, i jsut logged back in after a coupel of mosnths i it seemed new (im too lazy to check dates on topics, sorry)