Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837523 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3200 on: 2016-04-05 06:05:04 »
Does Dual/Dual Drain cease to work if an enemy is under Manipulate when you inflict it or Manipulated after inflicting it? Just been testing the first release of the new Gold Match Extra Battle on Active ATB and it still doesn't wanna seem to die. After a while I chucked an antidote at it and it didn't miss (Meaning it cured the Dual, it wasn't Poisoned).

I didn't think Manipulate affected Dual although it's possible I'm wrong. When this thing eventually dies i'll put it in a different save game (Like with my Level 99 Party after defeating : | when it was outside the Shinra Mansion). I'll almost certainly have to wait a little while before I can defeat it Post-Patch, since as of now I won't be able to survive Ultima.

Ordinarily, any enemy will die at roughly the same time under Dual-Drain as the rate of hp loss is based on the afflicted target's MaxHP. However, past an unknown point this will no longer be the case for enemies with extraordinarily high HP. A single dose of Dual-Drain won't be enough to kill it outright, and one thing to remember with this status is that while Dual-Drain will eventually drop off like Regen, the Dual status will remain; so the HP loss probably wore off and the antidote only healed off the Dual instead.

Ok, did some quick test runs on the Extra Battle Gold Match, by the way you can still access Gold and Platinum without beating Silver.

Slash - Still haven't seen this attack, should be base power 16 like other Physicals.
Meteor - Appears to be unchanged. Out of curiosity, what did you set the base power to (FF8 Meteor = 20 Base Power I think)?
Medigo Flame - Still reduces HP to 1. While it was fixed at 9998 in FF8, it's not really suitable for that to carry over this mod. Perhaps changing the damage formula to Target's Max HP - 1 may be possible, otherwise you have 2 attacks in a row that CANNOT KILL anyone.
Gravija/Demi3 - Has had a name change but the Demi3 animation against multiple targets replicates Gravija pretty much identically. No issues here.
Terra Break - I had to remove Sadness from my characters to check the numbers for this, but the damage it deals is right on the money with it's FF8 Counterpart. Only issues are it's meant to be 16 hits (Not alot can be done about that though) and it shouldn't be dealing Critical Hits.
Light Pillar - Will obliterate a single target as expected. Light Pillar is still coming before Ultima though.
Ultima - Heavy Magical Damage, you'll want some protection or means of dodging to survive this. Only issue is it should come before Light Pillar, not after.

Gravity Attacks vs Omega - These are now healing him where in FF8, Gravity attacks either miss or deal 0 Damage. Omega definitely doesn't absorb them.
Omega's Speed - My characters have relatively low Speed themselves so it's hard to make judgements, but L5 Death seems to effectively be a Sneak Attack to open. With FF8 Omega it's possible for him to do a regular Physical attack before L5 Death. (FF8 Omega DEX/Speed stat = 61).

Slash is used at the end of it's AI cycle. I could add a bit of AI to have it randomly attack now and then; how does this work in FF8? Does he always attack physically after each special attack or is it random?

Megiddo is a tough one. I could set the damage to use the in-game clock instead maybe.

Defending against Terra Break worked in testing, but changing the condition to check all three characters are defending must have broken it. I'll do some tests and change it back to single-character defending if need be and I'll remove the crit-check from it. The 16th hit might actually be calculated, but not shown visually on-screen; that's what usually happens when no. of hits exceed what the animation can show.

Oh, is Light Pillar AFTER Ultima? I read the Wiki wrong :I I'll swap them over.

I'll set Gravity element to nullify and see what I can do with L5 Death; it is used in the pre-battle AI to keep it out of the way of the Main AI, but if there's a possibility for a physical attack before it then I might need to move it.

I think for players it's limited to the Neo-Bahamut Summon. It only has a chance to inflict Dual and there's no obvious tell for when an enemy is inflicted with Dual, the only way you can find out if it stuck is to either Sense it and track it's HP, or for 30000+ Health enemies chuck an antidote at it (assuming it isn't poisoned) and see if it misses or not. Even then you'll be curing the status you're trying to find out if you inflicted or not doing so.

I wanted to be able to inflict Dual with my weapon attacks but Neo-Bahamut + Added Effect doesn't work like that because from what I've been told, one of the flags needed to make it happen is missing from the kernel editor.

Flare from Contain will also inflict Dual-Drain; and Synthesis Cells like Mithrain mentioned.

Hello guys :)

I think i found a bug. I have fought Ziegfried 1 time, saved the game, continue playing and Ziegfried appeared again. Wich means 2 rewards.

Will load the save so i wont abuse the bug.

It is a bug right? :p

What version of the mod are you playing? Is it the 7H catalog IRO? This was an old issue in 1.35 where a variable wasn't being flipped.

How does this apply to {Vanilla} would I be correct in assuming that "vanilla" is the expression adopted for the original title?
Anyway, I have listed "Seizure" in my guide as the reverse-Regen effect, and Dual as a dummied out Status, that when activated via a hack its name will display in the "Status field" in-battle. Is this technically correct, or have I got it backwards, and what else (if anything) does Dual do?

Also, what background is that Pic of the Curator? Is it used in .... Vanilla? What ID is it?

It's the same for the vanilla/default game; Dual does nothing on its own but seems to be needed for Dual-Drain/Seizure to function correctly. It has no other known function, though a theory is that it was an early prototype for a 'Double' effect where two spells could be cast at once, like W-Magic.

Lopes

• View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: 2016-04-05 08:59:15 »
What version of the mod are you playing? Is it the 7H catalog IRO? This was an old issue in 1.35 where a variable wasn't being flipped.

Im playing the latest, normal 1.4 version and the fixes. Up to 4 April

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: 2016-04-05 14:20:26 »
But I'll need to warn you now; there is nothing awaiting you at the end of this endeavor but madness.

YOU NEVER HAVE BEEN SO RIGHT

How come you could came up with the idea of adding him def and mdef each time he does a ****** rainbow laser ! But no, that's not enough, you must be under sadness and wall as well at the time of the laser or your whole team will wipe. Oh gosh, I hate this boss. Can anyone here believe that Cid, a FULL STR char is hitting 150 at lv 81 ?!

I'm not done with it. Even though its def and mdef have been increased from what I counted I did something like 100k out of the 180 (being under 50% of 360). Since none of my characters use the "Attack" command during the fight, I'll come with all three limit break ready and burst it down as soon as I reach the first rainbow laser. I just have to hope he doesn't use Rainbow Laser the same second that wall status go off >.>

(Ah yeah, I have changed my mind, I'm not continuing the mod until I have killed this boss :D)

Edit: I'm unsure if you can do anything for it and I forgot to ask so many times but could you look at Cid's limit break "Big Brawl" ? The steam version makes it very bugged and I only found one thread about it with no valuable answer. What happens is that sometimes the limit won't display any damage. It can happen anytime, on any ennemy. A quick example was the Turk Fight in Midgar Tunnels. The first time I used it, Cid was doing 800 on each attack. When I did it again (same boss, second fight after a wipe) the limit did the same exact animation except there was no sound on each hit and no damage was displayed. I can't tell if the damage is done and not displayed or simply not done at all. Only thread I found : http://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/540733523750867651/
« Last Edit: 2016-04-05 14:33:29 by aquecoucou »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: 2016-04-05 15:08:08 »
Im playing the latest, normal 1.4 version and the fixes. Up to 4 April

I'll look into it, then.

YOU NEVER HAVE BEEN SO RIGHT

How come you could came up with the idea of adding him def and mdef each time he does a ****** rainbow laser ! But no, that's not enough, you must be under sadness and wall as well at the time of the laser or your whole team will wipe. Oh gosh, I hate this boss. Can anyone here believe that Cid, a FULL STR char is hitting 150 at lv 81 ?!

I'm not done with it. Even though its def and mdef have been increased from what I counted I did something like 100k out of the 180 (being under 50% of 360). Since none of my characters use the "Attack" command during the fight, I'll come with all three limit break ready and burst it down as soon as I reach the first rainbow laser. I just have to hope he doesn't use Rainbow Laser the same second that wall status go off >.>

(Ah yeah, I have changed my mind, I'm not continuing the mod until I have killed this boss :D)

Edit: I'm unsure if you can do anything for it and I forgot to ask so many times but could you look at Cid's limit break "Big Brawl" ? The steam version makes it very bugged and I only found one thread about it with no valuable answer. What happens is that sometimes the limit won't display any damage. It can happen anytime, on any ennemy. A quick example was the Turk Fight in Midgar Tunnels. The first time I used it, Cid was doing 800 on each attack. When I did it again (same boss, second fight after a wipe) the limit did the same exact animation except there was no sound on each hit and no damage was displayed. I can't tell if the damage is done and not displayed or simply not done at all. Only thread I found : http://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/540733523750867651/

Found your white whale, eh?

Big Brawl does that sometimes; the damage should be calculated as normal though, even without the numbers.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: 2016-04-05 15:12:54 »
Slash is used at the end of it's AI cycle. I could add a bit of AI to have it randomly attack now and then; how does this work in FF8? Does he always attack physically after each special attack or is it random?
It appears to be random, I think it's effectively a flow chart where there's X% Chance to use Slash and Y% Chance to use something from it's pre-determined attack pattern. I wouldn't say it's 50-50 (Possibly 25% Chance to use Slash) but I don't know the actual numbers. What I do know is I've seen it use Slash before L5 Death and I've also seen it use Slash twice in a row.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: 2016-04-05 16:23:46 »
off course it will be. Good luck with Pearl Weapon.
Ok, this guy is a TANK. I'm guessing he's weak to Earth and possibly Hidden but most of my attacks barely tickle him. If his Health is anything like Keelhaul Armor (178000 Total, 78000 Body, 50000 x 2 Arms) then this is going to be extremely painful. It looks like he's immune to most status effects, I tried casting Slow on him but he seemed to counter that with his multi-target laser twice in quick succession.

I thought this guy was originally Topaz Weapon in the NT mod? I'm guessing alot changed in 1.4

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: 2016-04-05 20:22:55 »
Ok, this guy is a TANK. I'm guessing he's weak to Earth and possibly Hidden but most of my attacks barely tickle him. If his Health is anything like Keelhaul Armor (178000 Total, 78000 Body, 50000 x 2 Arms) then this is going to be extremely painful. It looks like he's immune to most status effects, I tried casting Slow on him but he seemed to counter that with his multi-target laser twice in quick succession.

He's pretty tanky. 182000 HP and more defense than magic defense. He's weak to hidden and earth as you said, but he is indeed weak to slow. I had a bit of a problem with him, but it was a long fight as opposed to a hard fight. Try to keep alive (back row, sadness and wall) whilst chipping away at him slowly, eventually you'll whittle him down. Once he opens his chest his resists drop so just throw everything you have at him.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: 2016-04-05 20:35:23 »
He's pretty tanky. 182000 HP and more defense than magic defense. He's weak to hidden and earth as you said, but he is indeed weak to slow. I had a bit of a problem with him, but it was a long fight as opposed to a hard fight. Try to keep alive (back row, sadness and wall) whilst chipping away at him slowly, eventually you'll whittle him down. Once he opens his chest his resists drop so just throw everything you have at him.
Finally managed to kill him, Operation: Furious Dice was a success (At one point rolled 6,6,6,4 for a whopping 6600 Damage) and helped bypass his insane defences, I'm guessing from what I've seen he opens his chest up based on 25% Health thresholds, If I was to do this again I'd probably take the time to level a bit and have more damage options. Burnt through a couple Turbo Ethers but otherwise the only real issues were unlucky foot stamp crits and the occasional double magic blast.

Holy profanities, that's alot of EXP, AP and Gil.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-05 20:39:37 by Skirmish »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: 2016-04-05 21:48:32 »
Thanks. Thank you Sega Chief, tonight I learned an important life lesson ... : NOTHING IS OFF LIMITS

I knew the reward was worth it :)
« Last Edit: 2016-04-05 21:50:10 by aquecoucou »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: 2016-04-05 21:52:01 »
Thanks. Thank you Sega Chief, tonight I learned an important life lesson ... : NOTHING IS OFF LIMITS

I knew the reward was worth it :)
So is it a Battery or a Potion? This is Sega Chief we're talking about.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: 2016-04-05 22:07:26 »
So is it a Battery or a Potion? This is Sega Chief we're talking about.
Not going to spoil it, I'm pretty sure some players want to find it out by themselves. It's none of those, the item is really useful this time ^^

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: 2016-04-05 22:43:52 »
Hello Mr Chief, I was wondering the NT IRO packaged with the 4th of April update say it is 1.35 is that just a mistake. Also I take it other gameplay mods in 7th heaven need to be turned off. And one more thing does it need to be put in alphabetical order the mod, in the load order described in the tutorial.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: 2016-04-05 22:58:20 »
Now in the process of hunting down Ultimate Weapon for some Reflect Rings (Ground) and Circlets (Aerial). Ultima Beam doesn't appear to be Hidden Elemental in this mod but on the plus side he'll use Shadow Flare in every battle except the first one at Mideel meaning I can learn the Enemy Skill without too much difficulty. Shadow Flare is also Hidden Elemental so reflecting it back at him does alot of damage since WEAPONS are weak to Hidden, as such I'm expecting him to have more HP than Heinz.

Off Topic: What's up with the spawn mechanics for Ziegfried? Been looking for him in Forests so I can get the MP Plus Materia but haven't had any luck finding him, I figured he'd have same spawn rates as Mystery Ninja but even in the Rocket Town area forests he just doesn't want to show.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: 2016-04-05 23:09:20 »
Off Topic: What's up with the spawn mechanics for Ziegfried? Been looking for him in Forests so I can get the MP Plus Materia but haven't had any luck finding him, I figured he'd have same spawn rates as Mystery Ninja but even in the Rocket Town area forests he just doesn't want to show.
In both 1.35 and 1.4 I got him to spawn at the very tiny forest a bit after Fort Condor (going to Junon). In both 1.35 and 1.4 he spawned the first fight in the forest, didn't try to encounter him more than once.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: 2016-04-06 06:29:10 »

If ever a truer word was said, I've not heard it.

I thought this guy was originally Topaz Weapon in the NT mod? I'm guessing alot changed in 1.4

He's a hefty dude. I changed the colour scheme because it was a bit garish; the new one looks a lot cleaner. He'll randomly counter Magic when his chest is closed with Pearl Raze, and randomly counter physical damage when his chest is open. He does indeed open his chest at 25% thresholds; it's a slightly modified version of Demon Gate's AI that I used.

Hello Mr Chief, I was wondering the NT IRO packaged with the 4th of April update say it is 1.35 is that just a mistake. Also I take it other gameplay mods in 7th heaven need to be turned off. And one more thing does it need to be put in alphabetical order the mod, in the load order described in the tutorial.

Prob a mistake, I compiled it with 1.4 files so should be good to go. If the new game text mentions 1.4 then it's fine, otherwise let me know. As for load order, I think it's based on type. Gameplay mods should be last/lowest priority so that graphical mods can go on top.

Now in the process of hunting down Ultimate Weapon for some Reflect Rings (Ground) and Circlets (Aerial). Ultima Beam doesn't appear to be Hidden Elemental in this mod but on the plus side he'll use Shadow Flare in every battle except the first one at Mideel meaning I can learn the Enemy Skill without too much difficulty. Shadow Flare is also Hidden Elemental so reflecting it back at him does alot of damage since WEAPONS are weak to Hidden, as such I'm expecting him to have more HP than Heinz.

He should only spawn once, but the spawn-rate reportedly increases as you progress through the game. If he's not appearing for you at all, then I wonder if this is related to that other bug report where the guy said Ziegfried was showing up repeatedly. I'll check the trigger, but it wasn't touched for this build.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: 2016-04-06 10:15:36 »
Spoiler incoming, just to be sure I'm not missing something.

Spoiler: show

After beating Curator, you get back keycard to 66th and 68th floor, yet you still can't go back to 68th floor. I know it's intended in the Vanilla game, but you didn't add anything in 68th floor right ? Or you simply forgot to re-open the door ? I really have a doubt since you get both of these keycards.

Edit : Grosspanzer enemy is bugged (can be found in the screen after Proud Clod boss). It's a multi staged one, Grosspanzer.Big must be defeated, then Grosspanzer.Small A can be damaged. Once Grosspanzer.Small A is defeated, none of Grosspanzer.Small B and Grosspanzer.Mobile can be damaged, even with their weakness elements (water, lightning). The only way to end the fight is either to escape or to die.

Edit 2 & 3: Is 'Alpha" enemy skill base power correct ? It feels like a really weak spell being the only "Holy" one. I mean it costs more MP than Trine or Beta and will do less damage on an enemy weak to Holy than a Bolt 3 (enemy having neutral resistance to lightning). I was quite surprised during the Hojo fight, him being weak to holy/wind (contain not yet available) and absorbing gravity made it a bit boring when he was immune to physical. Alpha was hitting for 1.2k while Bolt 3 would hit for 2.5-3k.
Also got a question regarding Highwind NPC, isn't the captain supposed to let you rebattle Disc 2 bosses ? I'm at Disc 3 and he still sleeps.

Edit 4 :
Cid's third fight (Snuffle) have a weird behavior when using "Drake Salvo". I'm not sure what happened but it seems to have two salves, the first one killed two full life characters while missing a lot on the third, second salve seemed to heal but the characters were already dead and somehow Cid was dead but still standing. Not sure if intended or if anything has gone wrong.

Also got a last question, is there anything to do in order to trigger the craft of final weapons ? The NPC still have the dialogues saying he was a master and such.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-06 14:07:36 by aquecoucou »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: 2016-04-06 15:08:32 »
Spoiler incoming, just to be sure I'm not missing something.

After beating Curator, you get back keycard to 66th and 68th floor, yet you still can't go back to 68th floor. I know it's intended in the Vanilla game, but you didn't add anything in 68th floor right ? Or you simply forgot to re-open the door ? I really have a doubt since you get both of these keycards.

Edit : Grosspanzer enemy is bugged (can be found in the screen after Proud Clod boss). It's a multi staged one, Grosspanzer.Big must be defeated, then Grosspanzer.Small A can be damaged. Once Grosspanzer.Small A is defeated, none of Grosspanzer.Small B and Grosspanzer.Mobile can be damaged, even with their weakness elements (water, lightning). The only way to end the fight is either to escape or to die.

Edit 2 & 3: Is 'Alpha" enemy skill base power correct ? It feels like a really weak spell being the only "Holy" one. I mean it costs more MP than Trine or Beta and will do less damage on an enemy weak to Holy than a Bolt 3 (enemy having neutral resistance to lightning). I was quite surprised during the Hojo fight, him being weak to holy/wind (contain not yet available) and absorbing gravity made it a bit boring when he was immune to physical. Alpha was hitting for 1.2k while Bolt 3 would hit for 2.5-3k.
Also got a question regarding Highwind NPC, isn't the captain supposed to let you rebattle Disc 2 bosses ? I'm at Disc 3 and he still sleeps.

Edit 4 :
Cid's third fight (Snuffle) have a weird behavior when using "Drake Salvo". I'm not sure what happened but it seems to have two salves, the first one killed two full life characters while missing a lot on the third, second salve seemed to heal but the characters were already dead and somehow Cid was dead but still standing. Not sure if intended or if anything has gone wrong.

Also got a last question, is there anything to do in order to trigger the craft of final weapons ? The NPC still have the dialogues saying he was a master and such.

I'll adjust the flags for Grosspanzer. As for Alpha, I adjusted down the base power for the unholy trinity of Beta, Aqualung, and Trine for this version which meant Alpha went down as well. I could just put that back up to it's old base power of 50-ish. As for the Boss Rematch thing, I took that out; it was stopping me from putting one-time drops on them. I'll check that attack; if it's too buggy, then it'll need to be replaced.

As for the ult weapon crafting, that's on the same trigger as before; try going to the bottom of the North Crater, getting the phone call confirming game moment = 1998, and then heading back.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: 2016-04-06 15:38:22 »

As for the ult weapon crafting, that's on the same trigger as before; try going to the bottom of the North Crater, getting the phone call confirming game moment = 1998, and then heading back.

Ah yeah I forgot we needed the call. I just went down to the first screen. Thanks ! :)

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: 2016-04-06 20:52:46 »
He's a hefty dude. I changed the colour scheme because it was a bit garish; the new one looks a lot cleaner. He'll randomly counter Magic when his chest is closed with Pearl Raze, and randomly counter physical damage when his chest is open. He does indeed open his chest at 25% thresholds; it's a slightly modified version of Demon Gate's AI that I used.
I will agree that Pearl Weapon looks alot more aesthetically pleasing. I didn't see him dealing that many counters since Operation: Furious Dice meant I was mostly dealing Physical attacks that ignored VIT. I guess it also explains why I got Counter-Attacked when slowing him down (Is Pearl Raze the multi-target laser attack).

When his chest opens, is damage against him multiplied or does he suffer a drop in VIT and SPR. I'd like to know if I do another run through to see if it's worth saving Summons for that point (No point holding back if it's only a VIT/SPR drop since Summons ignore MDef).

I think it might be worth pushing foward to the North Crater section of the game so I can get some Ribbons. Don't have nearly enough Status protecting items for some of the sidequests I'd like to do.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: 2016-04-07 06:17:38 »
I will agree that Pearl Weapon looks alot more aesthetically pleasing. I didn't see him dealing that many counters since Operation: Furious Dice meant I was mostly dealing Physical attacks that ignored VIT. I guess it also explains why I got Counter-Attacked when slowing him down (Is Pearl Raze the multi-target laser attack).

When his chest opens, is damage against him multiplied or does he suffer a drop in VIT and SPR. I'd like to know if I do another run through to see if it's worth saving Summons for that point (No point holding back if it's only a VIT/SPR drop since Summons ignore MDef).

I think it might be worth pushing foward to the North Crater section of the game so I can get some Ribbons. Don't have nearly enough Status protecting items for some of the sidequests I'd like to do.

It's a drop in defensive stats, so Summons won't afford extra damage there.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: 2016-04-07 16:23:52 »
Hello Mr Chief, I reinstalled 7TH heaven yesterday and all the mods. I downloaded the 3RD of April update for NT in it, placed the IRO in the library folder of 7th Heaven set everything else up. Here is the problem start the game with just the new NT IRO and have all other gameplay mods turned off. The game is in vanilla mode not NT, so I tried again but this time with game mods set to NT in the drop down with the new NT mod still in the library and I get the 1.35 version of the mod. Am I doing something wrong  ???

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: 2016-04-07 16:27:30 »
Maybe I put the wrong files into the IRO? I'll check.

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: 2016-04-07 18:14:04 »
So i was playing 1.35 in the second difficulty, quite challenging and really really interesting ! ( i'm before teh attack on midgard to stop Hojo).

I start 1.4 today and my god the game is SO EASY :O
Event the Mecha soldier was a challenge before

I think i will stay on 1.35 for now

HeaN

• Do small steps...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: 2016-04-07 18:30:59 »
Hey dude. I'm just asking myself why the heck in some fights I lose HP like its "ANTI-Regen" or smthing. This sh1t is really pissing me off. And I don't know how I could fix this. If all my party members got this status, im literally fcked.

Thanks in advance, hean

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: 2016-04-07 18:46:25 »
Hey dude. I'm just asking myself why the heck in some fights I lose HP like its "ANTI-Regen" or smthing. This sh1t is really pissing me off. And I don't know how I could fix this. If all my party members got this status, im literally fcked.

Thanks in advance, hean
It's a Status effect known as Dual or Dual-Drain and as you said works like a Reverse Regen. In this Mod, Antidotes now cure both Poison/Dual (Shops seem lacking in Antidotes in places, Sega Chief is speaking to the manufacturers about it) and I think Esuna cures it aswell. As far as I know the only thing that stops enemies inflicting Dual on you is Resist (Unconfirmed) and the Relic Ring but that causes you to Absorb the Restorative Element (Behave like undead enemies and take damage from healing items/magic, you'll need another means of healing).

On the plus side you can inflict this on enemies aswell. The Neo-Bahamut Summon and Flare spell (Contain Materia) have a chance to inflict Dual as do items called Synthesis Cells.