Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Tripod - FF8 Triple Triad HQ (v1.3)  (Read 217080 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [REL] Tripod - FF8 Triple Triad HQ
« Reply #25 on: 2014-07-17 10:58:43 »
Hey Thanks for your hard work, I really like this mod, the borders of the cards in the menu are not all alligned the same will this be fixed in the future? Also when playing the game itself I find the borders of the cards low res compared to everything else do you plan on updating them in the future? Thanks again

EDIT: Also I found that when choosing cards during a game or simple moving the cursor up and down at certain points, the background card map will flicker/change shape slightly in certain areas. some parts of the card map will get thinner while others get thicker.

The alignment issue is something I've done minor fixes to already in the Menu, but I will be coming out with a hi-res version of Tripod in the future, with hi-res borders, fancy text, and more modern icons -- but that won't be for a while now :)

I'm not sure what you mean by the background flickering. You'll have to post a screenshot or video clip - I can't seem to re-create it.  also - are you playing on a non-english version of the game?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #26 on: 2014-07-17 12:33:45 »
How much to make a high res next release with all cool features you mentioned within the month ;)

savage-xp

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Tripod - FF8 Triple Triad HQ (v1.1)
« Reply #27 on: 2014-07-20 18:39:46 »
Handsome work, but i liked the old art, but still awesome.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #28 on: 2014-07-21 04:46:57 »
How much to make a high res next release with all cool features you mentioned within the month ;)

I've actually made 8 dollars from donations in the past month, which surprised the hell out of me! (THANKS GUYS! :D)  I think I spent over 100 hours on the Tripod mod - and right now, I'm in a tight spot without much time.  Between not having enough work this summer and my car dying, I'm broke and without a vehicle, and have to prioritize my time.

However, my channel will be updated regularly and I will have new tidbits and fun things coming around the corner! 

Like This.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-23 15:54:00 by Mcindus »

gardenstudent

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-09-17 10:57:00 »
Hi everyone!

I really like this mod, but I always thought the borders look very blurry while the original borders looked very filigree.

So I tried to make borders (and backgrounds) myself (except for quistis borders, the decoration shape is from  deviantart, may have to change it because of licencing etc...), please tell me if you like them :)

Greetings
Garden Student
« Last Edit: 2014-09-17 11:02:57 by gardenstudent »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #30 on: 2014-09-17 11:19:02 »
They look beautiful! :)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2014-09-17 13:35:02 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:47:29 by dkma841 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #32 on: 2014-09-18 01:05:40 »

I really like this mod, but I always thought the borders look very blurry while the original borders looked very filigree.

So I tried to make borders (and backgrounds) myself (except for quistis borders, the decoration shape is from  deviantart, may have to change it because of licencing etc...), please tell me if you like them :)

Thanks!  I love your borders! We should work together to get them into the game. 

Just a few issues to consider:
1- The Quistis border decoration will have to be replaced by something else (needs to be original art)
2- You should take into account the fact that the borders are stretched by the game when it imports them from the Mod. 
3- Tonberry only allows for 4x the original pixel resolution - and since that image is then stretched out, some of your details may be lost in the transition. (such as fine line/edge detail and gradients)
4- I have no idea where the background hues are kept for Triple Triad, and they currently aren't moddable - but they are for the in-game menu.  Everything I dealt with for Triple Triad had a transparency associated with it.
5- Triple Triad and the in-menu cards are two separate mods essentially.  They would have to be independently modded if you want your borders to be implemented for the in-game card menu.

BTW -- I love the grey, green, blue, purple color scheme and would like to expand on it further.

gardenstudent

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2014-09-18 15:53:13 »
I am really happy that you like them :D

To your issues:
1 - Yeah I thought so. I will replace them, shouldn't be much of a problem.
2 + 3 I created the borders with help of your images of this mod so resolutions should be alright. I experimented a bit with the stretching it looked okay when I resized it from rectangle to square and back
4 Background could be bit of a problem. I don't know if its possible, because the colored glow is a semi-transparent layer and not part of the background. I also couldn't find any background-image in the mod images - my hope was that you may know a solution  ;D
5 Yes I am aware of that. But as far as I understood it, we just don't have to use transperancies here, right? Or do you think we need another background-image?

I'll will change the decoration and then upload the psd-files (or any other format you need). Do you want them rectangular or cubic?^^

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #34 on: 2014-09-18 20:56:57 »
I am really happy that you like them :D

To your issues:
1 - Yeah I thought so. I will replace them, shouldn't be much of a problem.
2 + 3 I created the borders with help of your images of this mod so resolutions should be alright. I experimented a bit with the stretching it looked okay when I resized it from rectangle to square and back
4 Background could be bit of a problem. I don't know if its possible, because the colored glow is a semi-transparent layer and not part of the background. I also couldn't find any background-image in the mod images - my hope was that you may know a solution  ;D
5 Yes I am aware of that. But as far as I understood it, we just don't have to use transperancies here, right? Or do you think we need another background-image?

I'll will change the decoration and then upload the psd-files (or any other format you need). Do you want them rectangular or cubic?^^

Unfortunately from what I've seen, Tonberry can't implement semi-transparent layers for Triple Triad unless they were originally intended to be that way - so I think you would have to remove the gradients for this to work.
Also - your background wouldn't work unless we could replace the original backgrounds (blue/pink) but considering we have no way of finding them currently, we should just stick with the originals.  They show your cards vs. your opponents, so having the different colored backgrounds is important - and would require the backgrounds to be 100% transparent.

After you fix #1, could you remove the semi-transparent color gradient layers and the background image entirely and just send me the PSD of the borders you have with a transparent background?  I don't need any characters - I can superimpose your borders over my own fairly easily, and I'd like to test them to see what they would look like in-game.  I would like to add your borders to my next Tripod release which will feature updated Text and Elemental Icons! It will be released as a "Tripod Deluxe Edition" release.  I would give you credit, of course :)

Cubic would be best - it would save me time resizing everything. Thanks!

I'm also considering doing the 4 translations for this mod like I am doing for the SeeD Reborn Project.  It should take considerably less time to make the Tripod Translation mod happen than it has for SeeD Reborn which has turned into a larger undertaking than I originally planned.

« Last Edit: 2014-09-18 21:03:10 by Mcindus »

Seraphim87

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2014-09-21 04:56:02 »
It looks much better with the mod.  Thanks! :)

Old Harry MTX

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2014-09-24 11:23:05 »
Hi all! I faced the same issue of Fullbuster (number and background doesn't change), it's normal? I don't see any new post about this problem so i don't know if it should be solved or no. Do you think it might depends on my Italian language version?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #37 on: 2014-09-24 18:28:36 »
Hi all! I faced the same issue of Fullbuster (number and background doesn't change), it's normal? I don't see any new post about this problem so i don't know if it should be solved or no. Do you think it might depends on my Italian language version?

It might be because of your italian version, but I doubt it.  Try rebooting your comp (which restarts all directX and steam drivers) and let me know if the problem persists.  Sometimes, Tonberry will glitch and only provide the images and not the backgrounds/text for some reason.  Restarting DirectX and Steam entirely seems to do the trick for those people.  If your issue is because of the italian version, we'll have to address that soon.

Old Harry MTX

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2014-09-24 19:22:23 »
Ok, trying other matches i've noticed that cards and number are loaded correctly, but the background are loaded only the half. Exploring the mod's directory i've noticed that basically only the file cardsback_13 is loaded, while the other named cardsback_1 no.

gardenstudent

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2014-09-24 20:02:48 »
Hi again...

I removed the semi-transperancys and backgrounds and added a (free to use) corner since It would take me a while to create these corners myself :D

Find the PSD here:
http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/64149531/file.html

Greetings

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #40 on: 2014-09-24 21:36:23 »
Hi again...
I removed the semi-transperancys and backgrounds and added a (free to use) corner since It would take me a while to create these corners myself :D

Find the PSD here:
http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/64149531/file.html

Greetings

This is a very well organized PSD.  Thanks so much for your excellent work!  I may place my own corner art (since I've been working on my own for the next update anyway) but in every other way, this is perfect for the next release!

moundar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2015-01-09 21:42:36 »
I have the 1/3 issue. Is it already fixed?

Edit: I got another hash1map from norwin and now the textures seems to work in the german version.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-11 15:20:58 by moundar »

messiahgov

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2015-02-14 14:09:38 »
First, thanks for your work and mod! But I have the same 1/3 problem... One part is HQ, the rest is vanilla. Using Tonberry 1.5 incl. Hashmap 1.3 and Tripod Triple Triad HQ 1.1.

Pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/yWTLZZG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KZWmqFu.jpg

I play in English, because in German Roses & Wine doesn't work at all. I played it in English years ago on PSX, it was released way before the German version and had more FPS.

I mean any other texture works, I use the following mods and they work so far:

SeeD Reborn - Menu Overhaul 3.2
Project Eden 1.0
Horizon Pack 2.1
Character Models (from FatedCourage incl. GF models from rufoos)
Final Fantasy VIII 1080p FMVs
Roses & Wine 0.3b Final
Controller Buttons Xbox360

The backgrounds has a couple of glitches here and there, but in all it's 98% perfect. The models include all main characters and 3 more plus all the GFs. The all seem to work, just not the Tripod Triple Triad HQ 1.1 background. So I would say, it's a Tripod Triple Triad HQ 1.1 problem and nothing else.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #43 on: 2015-02-16 20:03:21 »
First, thanks for your work and mod! But I have the same 1/3 problem... One part is HQ, the rest is vanilla. Using Tonberry 1.5 incl. Hashmap 1.3 and Tripod Triple Triad HQ 1.1.

Pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/yWTLZZG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KZWmqFu.jpg

I play in English, because in German Roses & Wine doesn't work at all. I played it in English years ago on PSX, it was released way before the German version and had more FPS.

I mean any other texture works, I use the following mods and they work so far:

SeeD Reborn - Menu Overhaul 3.2
Project Eden 1.0
Horizon Pack 2.1
Character Models (from FatedCourage incl. GF models from rufoos)
Final Fantasy VIII 1080p FMVs
Roses & Wine 0.3b Final
Controller Buttons Xbox360

The backgrounds has a couple of glitches here and there, but in all it's 98% perfect. The models include all main characters and 3 more plus all the GFs. The all seem to work, just not the Tripod Triple Triad HQ 1.1 background. So I would say, it's a Tripod Triple Triad HQ 1.1 problem and nothing else.

Are you using the new version of Tonberry?  Enhanced v1.6?  I believe this will fix the issue if you're playing using the English version.  Let me know if this helps!

Fed03

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2015-02-18 21:01:48 »
Are you using the new version of Tonberry?  Enhanced v1.6?  I believe this will fix the issue if you're playing using the English version.  Let me know if this helps!

hi mcindus! I've the 1/3 problem too, reinstalled today ff8 from ssteam and usng tonberry 1.6 with the hasmaps linked there. no changes
The problem showed up just some days ago, so it is not present from the beginning. Also it seems that the number over the cards are now very pixellated

mavirick

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2015-02-19 01:15:25 »
Big fan of this mod, but I'm also unable to get the mat and the numbers looking sharp.

I was using Tonberry 1.5 and I had the 1/3 background problem, as well as the old (pixelated) card numbers. The cards themselves looked great.

Following Mcindus' suggestion, I upgraded to Tonberry 1.6 with his "Tripod_hm.csv" in \steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII\tonberry\hashmap, and now the new background won't at all--I still get the vanilla mat. Other mods seem to be working fine.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-19 01:17:02 by mavirick »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #46 on: 2015-02-19 07:19:55 »
hi mcindus! I've the 1/3 problem too, reinstalled today ff8 from ssteam and usng tonberry 1.6 with the hasmaps linked there. no changes
The problem showed up just some days ago, so it is not present from the beginning. Also it seems that the number over the cards are now very pixellated
Big fan of this mod, but I'm also unable to get the mat and the numbers looking sharp.

I was using Tonberry 1.5 and I had the 1/3 background problem, as well as the old (pixelated) card numbers. The cards themselves looked great.

Following Mcindus' suggestion, I upgraded to Tonberry 1.6 with his "Tripod_hm.csv" in \steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII\tonberry\hashmap, and now the new background won't at all--I still get the vanilla mat. Other mods seem to be working fine.

I ran into this issue too and think I've fixed it.
Try the new hashmap files for SeeD Reborn and Tripod here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15945.msg223951#msg223951

I just updated them with fixes.
Let me know if that works for you!
« Last Edit: 2015-02-19 07:23:24 by Mcindus »

mavirick

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2015-02-19 23:12:49 »
I ran into this issue too and think I've fixed it.
Try the new hashmap files for SeeD Reborn and Tripod here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15945.msg223951#msg223951

I just updated them with fixes.
Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks for the prompt response!

This fixed the card text but the background/mat still won't load. I disabled all other mods and only have your new "Tripod_hm.csv" in my "FINAL FANTASY VIII\tonberry\hashmap\" folder. I tried it at several different resolutions as well (just in case) but no dice.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #48 on: 2015-02-20 01:09:43 »
I have a question. The problem still persists for me as well. I tried to debug and got this. ...Is this what I need to hash? I've never done anything outside of characters.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #49 on: 2015-02-20 01:59:42 »
Thanks for the prompt response!

This fixed the card text but the background/mat still won't load. I disabled all other mods and only have your new "Tripod_hm.csv" in my "FINAL FANTASY VIII\tonberry\hashmap\" folder. I tried it at several different resolutions as well (just in case) but no dice.
I have a question. The problem still persists for me as well. I tried to debug and got this. ...Is this what I need to hash? I've never done anything outside of characters.

This could also be due to hashing collisions.  Make sure you have collisions.csv and hash2map.csv from Tonberry v1.5 - I'm not sure why the problem would persist unless the game perhaps has different background hashes for the different discs? 
Anyway - yes, that's the file to hash, FatedCourage.  Just make sure you have it pointing to the correct cardsmat file.

BTW, I have fixes for the non-English versions, but I'm making new upscaled text for them before I release the fixes.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-20 02:03:15 by Mcindus »