Author Topic: [FF8PC-2000] Project SeeD - FF8 GUI overhaul (2.0)  (Read 182727 times)

vivinox

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF8] Project SeeD (FF8 GUI overhaul)
« Reply #175 on: 2014-02-09 15:46:09 »
hello, this is my first post on the forums, i must say thank you so much for making this mod, and now to the problem, does anyone have a problem with the new 1.0c version when i put it into a mods folder, my game crashes everytime after the eidos logo?

vivinox

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2014-02-10 11:43:31 »
i've found the solution, for me seed is not working for aali's 0.8 series, only for 0.7 series

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #177 on: 2014-02-12 01:28:09 »
Hello everyone!

I've finished the new version of the SeeD project, and it's now up for download on the main page!

New additions include:

--Title Screen Re-created
--Menu Gradient Improved
--New GF portraits
--Portraits for Leonhart , Minimog, and Angelo added
--Weapons Monthly Improved
--Made a better Hi-Res magazine background texture
--New hi-res Pet Pals pics
--ALL MENU CARDS COMPLETE!!!

Improvements:

--Added drop-shadow to white text
--Fixed several alignment issues with main text
--Created missing Green text file
--Changed the timer and card menu numbers (8, 9, A) to be a consistent font
--Number re-alignment for cards in menu

All improvements/artwork/edits done by MCINDUS

Please test it and let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: 2014-02-12 02:06:59 by Mcindus »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2014-02-12 01:52:06 »
New release up in first post. Thanks Mcindus for all the hard work

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #179 on: 2014-02-12 07:02:56 »
To everyone out there - I made a booboo.  I forgot to put the folder path in the SeeD v2.0 folder.  The link will be updated soon, but until then, make sure you put everything into the following folder path:

edit*

FIXED
« Last Edit: 2014-03-06 20:04:54 by Mcindus »

kabooz

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2014-02-13 04:36:29 »
Awesome! especially if you consider the annoying Icon_xx.png splitup into Iconfl_00_xx.png to Iconfl_03_xx.png (have to get my hands on an american release sometime just to see if the german files work on it as good xD)

Hopefully we can actually change where the game looks for an image soon (I want dedicated playstation button Icons for my buttons XD)

Anything new on repacking background archives, those for the magic effects (lol) or just reading external *.tim files?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #181 on: 2014-02-13 11:30:25 »
Thank you so much for dealing with VIII guys! It's my favorite game!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2014-02-14 01:10:23 »
Fixed release in first post

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #183 on: 2014-02-14 03:32:33 »
I remember having an issue with the "pause" texture not appearing in game... Is that fixed? Thanks!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #184 on: 2014-02-14 09:23:33 »
I remember having an issue with the "pause" texture not appearing in game... Is that fixed? Thanks!

It shows up for me -- but I'm not sure if it does in all instances.  If you find it missing in this release, shoot me a screenshot and I can dig around and fix the problem for the next release.  I found a couple of minor glitches that I'll be fixing over the next few weeks, and I hope to hear some feedback in order to keep things rolling.

K43SJ

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2014-02-14 14:11:23 »
So cool Seed 2.0 :-D, thank you very much Mcindus, sl1982  :-P

K43SJ

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2014-02-14 14:39:09 »
« Last Edit: 2014-02-14 14:41:52 by K43SJ »

SilverSpades

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2014-02-21 04:35:16 »
I don't know if this has been an issue before, but the pointing hand icon becomes transparent when I pick an enemy to attack.

Was this intentional, or a glitch? If there is a way to fix it, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #188 on: 2014-02-21 08:45:23 »
I don't know if this has been an issue before, but the pointing hand icon becomes transparent when I pick an enemy to attack.

Was this intentional, or a glitch? If there is a way to fix it, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Not only does it go 50% transparent, but it becomes low-res.  I've been hunting around for the appropriate file to fix the issue.

SilverSpades

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2014-02-21 23:33:27 »
Not only does it go 50% transparent, but it becomes low-res.  I've been hunting around for the appropriate file to fix the issue.

I see. No big deal either way. Time to try the new update!

EDIT: Wow, this is really nice... I'm shocked that all the cards have updated images... that must have been a lot of hard work. I really must thank you for such a beautiful looking update on top of an already swell one. I really wish we had more people working on VIII like they've done with VII, but then again, I'm perfectly grateful for the mods we do have... now if we can just work around those HD Magochocobo textures... lol

EDIT2: I'm pretty sure this is specifically on my game, but when I look at the cards on the menu, I see the new/improved HQ ones. When I play TT however, they go back to the LQ ones? Hmm...
« Last Edit: 2014-02-21 23:52:56 by Silver_Spades »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #190 on: 2014-02-22 01:41:57 »
EDIT2: I'm pretty sure this is specifically on my game, but when I look at the cards on the menu, I see the new/improved HQ ones. When I play TT however, they go back to the LQ ones? Hmm...

Actually, it was A LOT of hard work -- but no more than any other modder, really.  Unfortunately, the TT game cards can't be edited yet, even though I have a master PNG with the entire set complete and ready to go -- see this post:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15006.0

Currently, only the in-menu cards will show up as hi-res.

I'm working on a TT mod, fixing the glitches I'm encountering with SeeD, and updating the intro sequence for the game as well (i hope it works!)  If my intro mod works, the steam community could use it!  If only I knew how to hack the hex to be able to resize the TEX and TIM files, the intro would definitely work, and the TT mod would be available for everyone!

SilverSpades

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2014-02-22 03:21:15 »
Actually, it was A LOT of hard work -- but no more than any other modder, really.  Unfortunately, the TT game cards can't be edited yet, even though I have a master PNG with the entire set complete and ready to go -- see this post:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15006.0

Currently, only the in-menu cards will show up as hi-res.

I'm working on a TT mod, fixing the glitches I'm encountering with SeeD, and updating the intro sequence for the game as well (i hope it works!)  If my intro mod works, the steam community could use it!  If only I knew how to hack the hex to be able to resize the TEX and TIM files, the intro would definitely work, and the TT mod would be available for everyone!

I see. Yeah, I wish I knew how to do this stuff to help speed the process a little.

And you mean the Liberi Fatali FMV opening? What's master plan? Or is that a secret/surprise?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #192 on: 2014-02-22 04:07:13 »
I see. Yeah, I wish I knew how to do this stuff to help speed the process a little.

And you mean the Liberi Fatali FMV opening? What's master plan? Or is that a secret/surprise?

Actually, no -- that would be a huge undertaking and I think the FMV is amazing as-is.  I'd really just like to upscale the opening credits, along with the Credits sequence itself.  I'm already working on making this mod, but learning how to import an upscaled TIM into the game might be harder than it seems.

SilverSpades

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2014-02-22 15:36:48 »
Actually, no -- that would be a huge undertaking and I think the FMV is amazing as-is.  I'd really just like to upscale the opening credits, along with the Credits sequence itself.  I'm already working on making this mod, but learning how to import an upscaled TIM into the game might be harder than it seems.

I gotcha now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I agree, the opening is hands down one of my favorites in all gaming history.

spunkysam

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2014-03-29 15:47:31 »
Hey guys i'm new to all these mods and currently i'm using aali's and seed mods together and my problem is when i use this mod there is a white light on every text it makes it very difficult to play can anyone help me please.

wacs

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2014-04-29 21:45:35 »
Hi guys, great work on this mod, I love it.  I was playing FF8 on the PC version with SEED installed, everything looks great.  I recently purchased the steam DLC version and have been unable to get this mod to work, does anyone have any idea what needs to be done?  Thanks in advance for any help!

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2014-04-29 22:41:53 »
Hey guys i'm new to all these mods and currently i'm using aali's and seed mods together and my problem is when i use this mod there is a white light on every text it makes it very difficult to play can anyone help me please.
Maybe this helps:

Open with Notepad ff8_opengl.cfg
Find the line that starts with 'enable_postprocessing'
and write 'enable_postprocessing = no' there.

This way store, please make sure that is actually stored.

Hi guys, great work on this mod, I love it.  I was playing FF8 on the PC version with SEED installed, everything looks great.  I recently purchased the steam DLC version and have been unable to get this mod to work, does anyone have any idea what needs to be done?  Thanks in advance for any help!
To my knowledge, Aali's driver not running with the steam version.

Athelias

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Project SeeD (FF8 GUI overhaul)
« Reply #197 on: 2014-05-06 22:45:11 »
in battle scenes the menu cursor isn't hi-res after clicking in a sub menu (for example clicking on GF the menu cursor changes to low res for the other sub menus.

Was this ever fixed? I've been trying to figure out how to fix in for a while now..  :(

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2014-05-10 19:22:22 »
Great news: the japanese PC version of Final Fantasy VIII is finally available: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffviii-pc-jp/

I've noticed that some of the textures are freshlly made for this version (FFVIII was never released on PC in Japan). The font textures looks very sharp (1024x1024px ?) as well as some other elements but not all of them; It would be interesting to get and see how it could help to properly re-insert higher textures resolution back in the menu.fs.

shOcKmAnz

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2014-05-24 09:50:18 »
How to installed ? , , i cann't installed in my game  :'(

Can use on Final Fantasy VIII Steam version ?
« Last Edit: 2014-05-24 12:21:13 by shockmanz »