Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000896 times)

BriansNSane

Re: [RELEASE v1.9.51]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #625 on: 2012-02-26 05:38:02 »
I am currently working on a way to find out what process signs the file and what the signing is based on. It has not been easy so far. I will still try to make headway on this and hopefully have some good news to report in the future.  Cheers!

thehackedone

« Reply #626 on: 2012-02-26 06:53:59 »
how do I fix "this file does not have an updated checksum. it will not work on your PSP", I lost my save game because of this.... now i really need to cheat :/
« Last Edit: 2012-02-26 07:37:24 by thehackedone »

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #627 on: 2012-02-26 07:55:24 »
Saving PSP and PS3 saves are not supported

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 2012-02-26 11:32:55 »
Ever since i got the latest version and when i load saves the program just crashes?
im using windows vista 32 bit if that helps

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #629 on: 2012-02-27 20:00:17 »
Ever since i got the latest version and when i load saves the program just crashes?
im using windows vista 32 bit if that helps

not really , send me a link to your save. ill see what i can do for you.(also if possible build from svn to see if its still happening w/ newest rev).

how do I fix "this file does not have an updated checksum. it will not work on your PSP", I lost my save game because of this.... now i really need to cheat :/

you can't sign them via black chocobo. but you can sign them if you have a ps2 ps3 or psp that can run homebrew. please see the FAQ for more info.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-27 20:03:08 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #631 on: 2012-02-28 16:42:33 »
both load and display fine on this computer (32-bit linux). while i don't have 1.9.51 installed here, this is using what will be 1.9.6 (when i release it..). i will have to test again when i get home on my 64-bit machine (also linuxbox.) that one has 1.9.51.

anyone else getting that crash . if so please tell me what os and what saves( try to use e1sunz's above if you can)

Anyone Care to update the german translation??? i got most of it done myself just need the new strings that don't come from FF7..

Edit:: No problems on the 64 bit machine with 1.9.51. when exactly does it crash ? do you get the slot select dialog then a crash picking a slot or crash as soon as you load? its possible its a 32bit windows issue , or a vista issue. i would also check that you have version 4.7.4 of the Qt dll's that come with black chocobo.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-28 22:18:35 by sithlord48 »

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2012-02-28 18:33:49 »
@sithlord48:

Anyone Care to update the german translation??? i got most of it done myself just need the new strings that don't come from FF7..

I would try it.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2012-02-29 18:15:45 »
Edit:: No problems on the 64 bit machine with 1.9.51. when exactly does it crash ? do you get the slot select dialog then a crash picking a slot or crash as soon as you load? its possible its a 32bit windows issue , or a vista issue. i would also check that you have version 4.7.4 of the Qt dll's that come with black chocobo.
Yeah it crashes when i click im in the black chocobo program and load a slot by clicking that line and it just crashes, il try older versions for now but thanks for your help :)

update:
when i ran it as administrator and when i load slots no more crashing buut it doesn't seem to load the slots im on right now like in any save i open there's only 1 slot which appears on 1 save point in bombing mission and i can't see or access any other slots apart from that
made a short vid to show the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33XQwnA0I0
« Last Edit: 2012-03-04 18:35:56 by e1sunz »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #634 on: 2012-03-06 02:43:12 »
update:
when i ran it as administrator and when i load slots no more crashing buut it doesn't seem to load the slots im on right now like in any save i open there's only 1 slot which appears on 1 save point in bombing mission and i can't see or access any other slots apart from that
made a short vid to show the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33XQwnA0I0

i can't reproduce that issue. i can read files just fine using both 1.9.51 and the current wip build (svn:727), in your saves when i opened them the first time there is no data past slot 1 , and also both seamed to be the same data at some point in bombing mission. i have now rechecked the files and there is no saves other then slot1 in either of those files.

if possible you might want to try the current svn build and see if you problems are releaved since there are lots of rewritten parts of the program, things i know how todo much better now are being rewritten, bringing me to progress

New: FF7Save Object  (really just a part of toolkit i was talking about above)

yea thats its just one thing its a very usefull class that does the following
Code: ( public members ff7save) [Select]
  bool LoadFile(const QString &fileName);//will attempt to load the file return true if we loaded it.(file type auto detected)
  bool SaveFile(const QString &fileName);// will attempt to save the file (file type auto detected)
  bool Export_PC(const QString &fileName);//Attempt  Writing of  fileName (loaded file in pc format)
  bool Export_PSX(const QString &fileName);//Attempt  Writing of  fileName (loaded file in psx format)
  bool Export_VMC(const QString &fileName);//Attempt  Writing of  fileName (loaded file in vmc format)
  bool Export_DEX(const QString &fileName);//Attempt  Writing of  fileName (loaded file in dex format)
  bool Export_VGS(const QString &fileName);//Attempt  Writing of  fileName (loaded file in vgs format)
  void clearslot(int s); // clear slot s (write all 0)
  void CopySlot(int s); // copy slot s to the buffer.
  void PasteSlot(int s);// paste buffer data to slot s
 //publicly accessable core data(for now)
  FF7SLOT slot[15];  //core slot data.(see struct above)
  FF7HEADFOOT hf[15]; //slot header and footer.
  quint8 * file_headerp;  //pointer to file header
  quint8 * file_footerp; //pointer to file footer
 // Return File Info
  QString type(void);// Returns the file type loaded.
  QString region(int s); // Returns region String of Slot s
  bool isEmpty(int s);//is Slot s empty?
  bool isFF7(int s);//is Slot s an FF7 save?
  bool isPAL(int s);//is Slot s a Pal ff7 save?
  bool isNTSC(int s);//is Slot s a NTSC ff7 save?
//Set Needed Info Stuffs
  void setType(QString);//Set The New File Type (allow for type conversion)
  void setRegion(int s ,QString region);//Set Region String of Slot S to region
  void fix_pc_bytemask(int s);//on load for pc copy cursor will start on slot s (call from host application)

//things i might not need public (more info)
  int len_file(void);//Return File length.
  int len_file_header(void);//Return File Header length
  int len_file_footer(void);//Return File Footer length
  int len_core_save(void);//Return Slot length (data portion)
  int len_slot_header(void);//Return slot header length
  int len_slot_footer(void);//Return slot footer length
  int len_slot(void);//Return Slot length
  int number_slots(void);//Return number of slots in the file

this class also has all the static data related to the save file formats. its sort of a mess right now because its a mash up of the older FF7SAVE header(the file that contains the ff7slot class started by qhimm himself!) and some functions of the main part of black chocobo (file handling , checksuming, exporting, region changing) to create an easy to use class that can load and save ff7 save files no matter what file type. load will auto detect the type so that later on when you save the file it will just save in the same format. other wise you can use one of the export functions instead of save. this class also does not use any gui parts so there is no reason that you can't use this save class for some console program (if you wanted). there are some more functions to add to the class but  its currently being used in the current WIP (svn 727) of black chocobo.while i was making this class i did find an issue with how some VMC files were being saved i also have changed a bit of the load and save code so it could behave a little differently. since this is now its own object it will also be easier to debug any problems in file loading / saving.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2012-03-06 17:30:01 »
Thanks sithlord i have tried everything you said and many other things but for for some reason it's still on bombing mission :( never mind looks like im gonna have to start from disc 1 again, and again thanks for your help and effort :)

dow

« Reply #636 on: 2012-03-08 09:02:58 »
first off, thanks for all the hard work on such an awesome piece of software. I'd love to say that I'm enjoying editing my saves from FF7, but for some reason every time I try to run the program, it tells me that its "not supported on this type of Mac" then closes. Not really sure whats wrong here and I've tried versions 1.9.51 and 1.9.4. both say the same thing.

I'm running a MacBook with Snow Leo 10.6.8

thanks in advance

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #637 on: 2012-03-08 12:09:03 »
not sure why that is be sure you got the mac os version, it works just fine on my mac (10.6.8 also)... do you have a Power PC, if so that could be your problem , i never compiled it for PPC. not sure if i can  build on ppc or not as i have never tried.

dow

« Reply #638 on: 2012-03-08 12:39:15 »
def downloaded the mac .mpkg versions... i'm on an intel macbook. ran the installer then tried to run the .app and it tells me twice that its not compatible, once with the app name in quotes, and I have no idea what to do. I'm just hoping I'm not doing something stupid.

EDIT:
ok, just DLed and installed the Windows version via CrossOver. works like a charm. All I really wanted to do with this is convert the zeroPSX Hybrid save game to a PC version to play on the OS X port for the higher quality gfx and better frame rate.

now that I had a chance to actually look and play with the program, all I can say is: WOW! you deserve all kinds of praise for this. very professional interface, simple to understand, incredibly comprehensive, and it did exactly what I wanted it to do on the first try.

Thanks a lot for this. now I just have to figure out how to map my ps3 controller to the keyboard buttons as the port tends to crash when I try to change the input config, lol
« Last Edit: 2012-03-08 13:13:10 by dow »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #639 on: 2012-03-08 13:11:15 »
i not sure why that should happen. , maybe i did something stupid ? don't really have alot of people testing on mac os. you might want to try installing the qt libs just incase. (perhaps i forgot to include them) on one but not both.

can you try to run it from the terminal and let me know if there is any error output? also you might want to re dl and check the md5sum of the install to be sure your dl was not partly corrupted (looking up the error seams to lead to a bad exe extraction).

one other thing do u know if its 32 or 64 bit? mine is a 64 bit machine its possible that you will need a 64bit mac ? (not sure but its a suggestion).
please try the command on this page and let me know what archtectures show up if im only compiling 64bit then ill try to fix for next release (hopefully very soon ill have 1.9.6 ready)
« Last Edit: 2012-03-08 13:16:01 by sithlord48 »

dow

« Reply #640 on: 2012-03-08 13:21:42 »
when run in terminal:

Minion:~ dow$ cd /Applications/Black_Chocobo.app/Contents/MacOS/
Minion:MacOS dow$ ./Black_Chocobo
-bash: ./Black_Chocobo: Bad CPU type in executable

haven't installed the qt libs yet. the qt frameworks are included in the .app

edit:
Ah, I think you may only be compiling for x64. I'm on an original '06 x86 32-bit MacBook. hey, at least its easy to fix :)

edit2:

"file" output:

Minion:MacOS dow$ file ./Black_Chocobo
./Black_Chocobo: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64
« Last Edit: 2012-03-08 13:25:42 by dow »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #641 on: 2012-03-08 13:50:52 »
ok ill fix that in the next version. at least we know what the problem is now

you can always dl the source and build it yourself if your so inclined to do so.

dow

« Reply #642 on: 2012-03-08 13:53:22 »
if I compile for x86, would you like a copy?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #643 on: 2012-03-08 15:12:17 »
no thanks, only because there will be changes before im ready to package it all up (1.9.6) . if you do compile please try to use the "trunk" version you can get the code here  since it needs to be tested anyway. if you find any bugs just let me know. also after you compile you need to put the file "save0" in the app bundle as well as the qm files in the lang folder (copy lang) both need to go in the .app bundle (next to the real execuitable) . if you don't put them there the new game plus and translations will fail (or you can just point the program to the save0 file use the options dialog).  of course you can ingore that if you don't plan to use those parts of the program.

dow

« Reply #644 on: 2012-03-08 22:26:53 »
it seems as though I'm not allowed to send PMs yet... but sure, I can do that for ya... can run PPC as well if you want to try that too

edit:
DLed the 32-bit version and so far so good... going to run some normal operations tests then try some stuff that might either break the save or crash the app. got anything in particular you want me to do?
« Last Edit: 2012-03-09 00:10:04 by dow »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Black Chocobo - 1.9.6-rc1
« Reply #645 on: 2012-03-09 00:37:40 »
Attn All: Since there are so many changes that have happened since black chocobo 1.9.51 i feel its best to not rush 1.9.6 out and give out a Release Candidate for now it could have bugs it might not have any! (doubt thats the case). if you would like to see whats new be sure to check out the Change Log. Everyone should get a copy and test it out. There are a few good reasons to use this NOW

if you play the French PSX version(or wish to) you should use rc1
if you export VMC formats then you should use rc1 (fixed bug with vmc's black chocobo created)
if you have a ps3 w/ CFW and want to edit your vm1 memory card you should use rc1
if you Want to know an items elemental or status effects.
if you have mac os 32bit try rc1!
if you have any strange issues with a previous version of black chocobo you should try rc1.
if you want to test it out you should use rc1.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LINKS REMOVED 1.9.6 Released (see first post)!!!!!!!!

there is no installer so just extract the archive and run the program.Good Luck Breaking It. Oh and be sure to report any issues that you have with the release client (so they can be fixed). can't wait to see what happens.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-25 19:58:20 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #646 on: 2012-03-22 17:56:13 »
A few more updates since rc1:

Fixed: Option dialog now updated to support the updated "default save" stuff.
Fixed: bug (ending in crash) when selected materia slot empty on load.
Fixed: "hidden" materia in weapon/armor slots don't count toward stat changes (like ingame)
More clean up, All ui files do the same but take up less space. (total of about 320k smaller), removed the globals.cpp file (merged into slotselect/mainwindow and ff7save_consts).

« Last Edit: 2012-03-22 17:58:09 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.6]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #647 on: 2012-03-25 20:00:47 »
Black Chocobo 1.9.6 Released
See First Page For Links

ajfoucault

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 2012-03-26 23:03:33 »
Thanks a lot! outstanding release! =)

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2012-03-29 10:15:30 »
Item quantity issue of Original Japanese version FF7 (SLPS-00700 - 00702)
Current Black Chocobo can sets 127 as Max Item quantity.
But 99 is the Original Japanese version's quantity limit.
If 100 or more over value is set, Original version will make "System Error" in Battle Screen and the item data will be broken to "ポーション :0 (Potion : 0)".

This problem will be fixed in next version of Black Chocobo.
If you find same problem in others version of FF7, please report it in this thread.
Regards,
« Last Edit: 2012-03-29 12:23:28 by Asa »