Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3041121 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Replicated.  I'll try to fix now but pressed for time as I'm off out.

Edit. Huge oversight there in field code by me.

Will need to be fixed. It's a field code issue caused by infinite loop in INIT section.  God only knows what drug I was on that that ended up there.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-23 15:21:12 by DLPB »

ProtoX

sweet i can now make a conversion for my sfx mod to work with your audio mod. only downside is i'm forced to use the old cosmo95c tool to extract the wav files. other then that i look forward to testing the new update.

kalathi

• View Profile
Hello! I have another bug to report, this time a CTD when getting in random battles in the screen just after the Forgotten City. More information inside the file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YotITk18ya72Yx3WOrB2GQNUAC2VkW8g

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Seems to do it with interpolated 60fps only.  Likely code related rather than animation.  Checking.

sylandro

• View Profile
Great job on the release. I think I've found a bug: I started a new game and Cloud's EXP bar seems to go off limits. Apparently this only happens when a new game starts, as soon as you get exp it is fixed.

Image: https://imgur.com/a/Cf1shq2

It only happens when New_Translation is activated.

reunion.log
Code: [Select]
Mod ID: none

Activated: New translation
Activated: Menu Enhancement
Activated: Audio Replacement
Loaded: 60fps Battles
Activated: New frame limiter
Activated: Centred field screens
Activated: Closed Mouth Models [original character models will not have open mouths]
Activated: High precision timer (QPC)
Activated: Show more status - mode 2
Loaded: Submarine text file D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\text\Submarine.txt
Loaded: Chars text file D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\text\Chars.txt
Loaded: Exe text file D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\text\Exe.txt
Activated: Mandatory fixes
Loaded: Real ddraw.dll
Loaded: Any global DLLs - See hext.log
Loaded: Any custom DLLs - See hext.log
Loaded: Any global hext files - See hext.log
Loaded: Any custom hext files - See hext.log
Loaded: Bass.dll

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\menu\menu_us.lgp

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\battle\battle.lgp

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\battle\magic.lgp

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\field\char.lgp

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\flevel.lgp

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\chocobo.lgp

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\condor.lgp

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\world.lgp

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\cd\moviecam.lgp

Loaded LGP:
D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\cd\cr_us.lgp

hext.log
Code: [Select]
=============================================
font_spacing.txt (Base)

Changed: 256
Replaced: 0
Permissions: 0

No errors.
=============================================

24/11/2019, 12:31:39 AM
« Last Edit: 2019-11-24 04:46:05 by sylandro »

koel700

• View Profile
this..yes this doesn't want to work for me .. it even calls me a pirate (i guess)
i have a legit FF7 steam copy (version 1.09) and the game launches without the mod every single time .. i have installed it correctly according to what the launcher asks (at the game's directory) and got an extra folder with stuff in it but nothing more .. no extra .exe for example ..i have zero clue what goes wrong with this since no installation guide says if this doesn't work then do that...the only recent post about this i found on here is a few pages back by a guy who none answered to him about this problem ...
is there any way to launch it on steam ? do i have any files missing files ? is there any folders i have to take out of the_reunion folder and put it where the ff7.exe is ? is there a point of the mod asking me if my copy is valid and how do i change that and will that fix the mod and launch ?
« Last Edit: 2019-11-24 06:19:51 by koel700 »

deathzero021

• View Profile
Not sure if this is known already but there's a bug early in the game, when returning from the Don's place and you enter District 7, the scene where Shin-ra is going to take down the tower and Barret is at the top of a long spiral staircase, when I try to talk to Barret, Tifa runs hyper speed into the pillar in the center of the platform and gets stuck in there, causing the game to get soft-locked, likely because she never reaches some position that she is supposed to before the dialogue starts.

It occurs every time. I've re-launched the game several times trying to find ways around this but it always happens. I'll try disabling some of the options to see if I can get passed this. It's the first major bug I've encountered since starting a new play-through with this mod.

(although there is a minor bug involving models not being in-sync with the pre-rendered backgrounds I've noticed..)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Thanks, sylandro.

Replicated.  See The Reunion Database for status on the fix.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The 60fps battle issue with interpolation seems to be caused by the new files.  I'll ping this to Obesebear to have a look.  I think it's entirely related to the Trick Prey enemy.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Update:  Interpolated 60fps battles- please delete:

[root]The_Reunion\BASE\60i\battle\hrda

HRDA is broken.  Passing to Obesebear to investigate.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
24-Nov-2019   kalathi   Beacause   Escape magic will cause a game over.

:evil: Must admit... some of these bugs I never saw coming.

Taroven

• View Profile
this..yes this doesn't want to work for me .. it even calls me a pirate (i guess)
-snip-

Wait until DLPB issues a fix, it's a known problem with the Steam install. Alternatively, if you don't want to wait you can use the converter linked in the first-page post (though this is a bandaid fix and doesn't do anything about the core issue).

kalathi

• View Profile
24-Nov-2019   kalathi   Beacause   Escape magic will cause a game over.

:evil: Must admit... some of these bugs I never saw coming.

I admit, I laughed when it happened. I used it a couple more times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Mabinog

• View Profile
Not sure if this is known already but there's a bug early in the game, when returning from the Don's place and you enter District 7, the scene where Shin-ra is going to take down the tower and Barret is at the top of a long spiral staircase, when I try to talk to Barret, Tifa runs hyper speed into the pillar in the center of the platform and gets stuck in there, causing the game to get soft-locked, likely because she never reaches some position that she is supposed to before the dialogue starts.

It occurs every time. I've re-launched the game several times trying to find ways around this but it always happens. I'll try disabling some of the options to see if I can get passed this. It's the first major bug I've encountered since starting a new play-through with this mod.

(although there is a minor bug involving models not being in-sync with the pre-rendered backgrounds I've noticed..)

I believe I was the one who was having this same issue.

DLPB added the bug to the database, so now we just have to wait until it's fixed. This is what it says: "Microbrain have changed how registry keys are diverted in Windows 10 and so a clean install on Steam with Windows 10 will fail to load The Reunion."

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I admit, I laughed when it happened. I used it a couple more times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

It's because I fixed another bug regarding the escape magic...  and...  it's introduced another.  Thing is when I tested ages ago, there was no game over. So it depends on more factors than what I originally saw.

kalathi

• View Profile
It's because I fixed another bug regarding the escape magic...  and...  it's introduced another.  Thing is when I tested ages ago, there was no game over. So it depends on more factors than what I originally saw.

I've heard other software programmers say the same thing about debugging -- that it's tricky because fixing one thing can break another

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Update:  If making your own mods, only use Global and Custom.  Future installers will delete and re-add anything contained in BASE - it will be used for my own mods only. Custom will supersede anything in Base - so use that instead until I've figured out a permanent way forward.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-24 20:57:49 by DLPB »

ZombieBisque

• View Profile
Here's the files for my bug report, although keep in mind I'm one of the "pure Steam" users so it's possible my issue is related to that Microsoft problem you mentioned.  I also did the converter thing, but deleted it and reinstalled FF7 when I saw the comment that it wasn't needed, and now I'm still able to run R06 through Steam when I couldn't before...so I'm not sure if I actually properly got rid of the converter or not.  Hopefully this report is actually helpful and not a waste of anyone's time!

1 - During the rescue mission for Aerith in the Shinra building, there's a soft lock during the scene after the player goes up the small elevator to the 68th floor to confront Hojo.  After Hojo says there are too many frivolous things in the world to concern himself with the group, Barret runs forward and Cloud moves down, then raises his arm.  The game soft-locks at this point because Barret never finishes running forward; visually, he's stopped right at the railing before the stairs heading down to the specimen area.

2 - Happens 100% of the time with this save - Save slot 1, save #3 (Shina Building 67th floor) - just go up the elevator and then move south to start the cutscene with Hojo.

3 - Couldn't figure out how to add attachments, so here's my APP.LOG - https://pastebin.com/9eDmSMez

4 - The_Reunion.log - https://pastebin.com/Z6GDfE70

5 - Save file - https://www.sendspace.com/file/15xegh  It should be the third save in slot #1

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Hey, it's finally out; congratulations.  I well and truly mean that from the bottom of my heart.  This is a hell of an achievement, and I sincerely hope you are proud of it.

That being said, I would also like to state that this has already been backed up, and this version will be forever available.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Sarcasm is my daily bread.

:-P
« Last Edit: 2019-11-24 23:15:23 by Kaldarasha »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Please don't quote that idiot or encourage him.  He's on ignore.  Just report his post.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The game soft-locks at this point because Barret never finishes running forward; visually, he's stopped right at the railing before the stairs heading down to the specimen area.
----

Don't worry, I saw your initial post. I haven't verified it yet but it's certainly looking like it's there.  Thanks for the save file too. 
« Last Edit: 2019-11-24 23:21:46 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@zombiebisque - this is a problem.

The fix I've made to the slot order bug means that that field is broken because it was never coded to take the fix into account. 

1. I can fix that bug by taking into account game progress - once you have the PHS the new code would kick in.
2. I can fix the bug by correcting the real mistake - the field code.  The issue here is that any project that doesn't also correct the bug in field code is gonna be onto a loser. 

Might be forced into 1.

[edit]

This bug seems to be present in the original game - but I need a save that's been untouched by Reunion to test with.  Anyone got a save close by that's never been saved with Reunion?

Can anyone definitely confirm it doesn;t originally happen?
« Last Edit: 2019-11-25 00:40:03 by DLPB »

ZombieBisque

• View Profile
Oh wow, that sounds like a sizable issue, glad my report was able to help uncover something.  The joys of QA and having more test players...  :o

kalathi

• View Profile
The game soft-locks at this point because Barret never finishes running forward; visually, he's stopped right at the railing before the stairs heading down to the specimen area.
----

Don't worry, I saw your initial post. I haven't verified it yet but it's certainly looking like it's there.  Thanks for the save file too.

I can't remember if I posted it or directly messaged you (this was the first bug I reported, before I knew you wanted save files and logs). The way I got around it was by switching Tifa and Barrett's position in the party -- weirdly, this made them switch positions during that cutscene too and Barrett ran to the correct spot. He definitely can get stuck there though.

Edit: I just saw your second post DLPB. I can only offer anecdotal evidence, but I don't recall it ever happening to me in the vanilla game. I don't have a save file handy but I can try playing up to that point tomorrow if I'm feeling a bit better and nobody has yet provided you with a save.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-25 00:51:19 by kalathi »