Author Topic: New Update.  (Read 4709 times)

Akari

• View Profile
New Update.
« on: 2006-08-25 18:58:08 »
I upload new file structure in SVN (and returned after 3 weeks of absence).

Now we can support few games.
I separate game specific code and common functions and classes. =)

I added SVN keywords to each file and start new ChangeLog

And I added Xenogears support. (Cyberman - you can see how I done CUE/BIN image file system there)

Please test it with all your might!

ps: someone needs to add makefiles to linux and mac
« Last Edit: 2006-08-25 19:03:47 by Akari »

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: New Update.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-25 19:14:31 »
Oh ... hmmm which means My ISO FS stuff is useless? LOL.

Sigh.. :D

I ca''t really make good excuses apart my windows machine is actually working at the moment (LOL).  I hope it stays that way.

Erstwhile (worst while?) I finally have JE running correctly on my Linux box correctly.  The proper JRE is always good yes?

I'll do an SVN and update stuff then make my FS things match your FS things more closely.  That will be tomorrow as it's nigh unto slave labor time.

Cyb

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-25 19:21:27 »
Oh ... hmmm which means My ISO FS stuff is useless? LOL.

Sigh.. :D

Of course not. I made this file system for Xenogears a long time ago... just ported it here.
It may give you the clue how to work with file drivers and so on =)

It not worked with FFVII. Only Xenogears virtual FS.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-25 19:43:49 »
Do we have the VFS information for FF7 yet?
I'm wondering how it knows what files to load and how this is done by the script.  Might make things smoother between engines etc.
It must use some sort of master index to either get file paths or reference the LBA addresses of various files on the disk.  Where this is I cannot really say.

Side Note:
I've got my Palm SDK up and running and I'm porting Vincent (OpenGL ES 1.1 implementation) to the Palm, though I probably should pester someone who has it already running instead (hmmmm).  So I'm hoping that I'll be able to add in a 4th platform Palm ARM (Intel Xscale) units to this.  (OS 5+ compatible only) This will require a SD card slot :) and that the main app be installed in the internal Flash of the palm not the SD (as then you would need to have an ISO for each disk AND the entire application for each one on each card. Very MESSY. Instead I plan on having a directory for the ISO images registered by the application.  Makes things clean, if you insert a card with an ISO image on it, I can check what game it is and if the Q-Gears can run it. :)

Cyb

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-26 01:19:43 »
I guess I'm due for an update too.

In school I've just had my final.... um.... finals.

I only have my Senior Thesis left to write. The class is from November to December. After that I've go a brand-spaking new Bachalors's degree in business.

Right now I'm job-hunting with my new psudo-degree. I'm going to be hitting the fieldscript pretty hard when I have a chance. Sorry for the silence. But if you read about me here, it's old hat because of my schooling. Soon it will be a thign of a past.

Well, maybe. I've been contemplating getting a Masters in Japanese for giggles. We'll see how that pans as soon as I get my "real job"

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-08-26 04:56:23 »
I guess I'm due for an update too.

In school I've just had my final.... um.... finals.

I only have my Senior Thesis left to write. The class is from November to December. After that I've go a brand-spaking new Bachalors's degree in business.
I think I'll go for a masters degree, I just didn't see a point for it. These days however I can just update myself in UG and then take the GRE and hop too it.  My brain however needs help or at least my memory. :)
Right now I'm job-hunting with my new psudo-degree. I'm going to be hitting the fieldscript pretty hard when I have a chance. Sorry for the silence. But if you read about me here, it's old hat because of my schooling. Soon it will be a thign of a past.

Well, maybe. I've been contemplating getting a Masters in Japanese for giggles. We'll see how that pans as soon as I get my "real job"
You mean one that pays the bills apart from 'Paper or Plastic?'

Yupdate I've reinstalled Eclipse. I honestly think it should have some consideration for use as part of this project.  More in the Getting Eclipse thread :)

Cyb