Author Topic: I need Sound Effects! Help plz!  (Read 5014 times)

Z

I need Sound Effects! Help plz!
« on: 2003-05-21 18:00:35 »
Yeah, I'm new here, so, sorry if this topic is in the wrong sub-forum.

Anyway, I'm looking for FFVII & VIII SFX along with any other FF titles.

Does anyone know where I can find a library of these SFX? Or maybe someone would be willing to give them to me?

If I had the pc versions I could rip them myself, but I don't.

So, pleeease help! Thx! :D

Z

« Reply #1 on: 2003-05-22 12:43:56 »
Sheesh thanks for all the help...

:bump:

C'mon! I really need these for a project I'm doin.

Mofokubik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2003-05-22 15:23:26 »
Sfx? Be more specific, do you need samples of some of the instruments, or do you need soundfx for swords and guns, and stuff like that.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2003-05-22 18:10:32 »
Ditto:
The only thing I could think of where nasty thoughts about a bad attitude.

If you want to ask someone for something..
1: BE CLEAR
2: WRITE SO YOU ARE UNDERSTANDABLE
3: BE POLITE
neglecting any of these will get you either ignored or the wrong information you want.

Z

« Reply #4 on: 2003-05-23 04:26:10 »
Sorry for jumpin on people's nerves allready. Didn't know I was capable...

It's just I'm really behind in this project. It's a radio play of an FFVII scene. I'll post it in here when it's finished!

I actually was wanting all the sfx for the FF series' just so I could have my own resources instead of asking for bit and pieces everytime I need them. I might come off as selfish either way.

But, as of now, I'm looking for the sfx in the 'Special Cinema' w/ Zack. (i.e. the sword, buttons, Mako chambers opening, truck etc.)

I'm sure I could find some better quality sfx elsewhere, but I think it'd be nice to hear the original. I think the listener (who's played the game especially) will get a kick out of it!

:D

Welp thx anyway!

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: 2003-05-23 15:04:38 »
You mean Sound Effects?
Ummm That wasn't obvious..
Lets see Zack was actually only in a few scenes in FF7.
However if you have a saved game you can play the US release there is an extra scene where Zack and Cloud escape. You can get all the sound effects for Zack from that. There aren't a whole lot.

I think what threw people was sfx <- Jargon.  That I think was the problem.  You might understand it as Sound Effects .. we just think S F X.  That might be where the problem started.

Anyhow If you hunt through your save games and find one at the right place you can see the extra scene (from the Jap version).  I suppose I could record all the wav data and make an MP3 of that scene if you like, I have the PSX version and well it's pretty easy to just record all the sound and play it back that way.  However it might be helpful to know the dialog for that section as well.

I have the script for that section if you wish it.
I think I can get the one before and after
(the one where they are being fed and they escape)
(the truck scene then happens)
(then a scene happens right near midgar with Zack and Cloud)

Let me know

Cyb

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: 2003-05-23 18:16:54 »
Wow, I didn't know I was so technically off base.

Yes, when I talk about needing SFX, I mean I need the sounds (not music) heard during gameplay.

I also have the PSX version of the American Release (contains that special scene between Zack and Cloud, they escape, Zack's killed, and everything in between). I've already scripted the scene, I have the voice actors, I have all the music, and I have all the equipment to mix it. I just need the sound effects.

And if you have to go through the trouble of recording it, then putting it on your computer, etc., don't. As much as I appreciate the thought, that's too much hassle. I can dig up similar effects elsewhere.

I just thought, since you guys (qhimm) are supposedly revising or making some new version of FFVII, that you would surely have the pc version. If you do, I think you can rip the sounds or dig through your program files for a folder containing them.

Z

« Reply #7 on: 2003-05-23 18:20:18 »
Rar, sorry!!!

Previous Guest post was mine.

:sob:

Synergy Blades

« Reply #8 on: 2003-05-26 20:35:39 »
I've got them for FF7 (see my thread in General) but they total 68.4MB and I'm only 56k so uploading them all is a no-no.  :o I can send you specific ones, so long as the total is fairly small; again check the thread in General, use the DB and I can mail you the ones you want.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: 2003-06-04 18:18:55 »
Thanks SB! I'll be sure to get back to you on this!

Synergy Blades

« Reply #10 on: 2003-06-05 18:36:24 »
PM received, e-mail sent. ;)

Z

« Reply #11 on: 2003-07-25 21:17:27 »
Synergy, I may need your assistance once more! :D