Author Topic: Doeas anyone know the answer?(Battle-Scene Models?)  (Read 2594 times)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
As you are all aware. I have been messing with the battle-scenes. Since retexturing my first scene, Ive shifted my work into learning exactly how they work and into cataloging the associations for textures with scenes and also converting every texture to psd.

In doing all this research, I cant help but to wonder...Is the 3d hemisphere that the game lays the sky background on a 3d model? It seems it may be so from how it looks when new tex's are applied...
The reason Im wondering is because if we can not create a higher poly'd hemisphere, any texture changes are only going to look so good. I swear that hemisphere looks to have only 2 polys on screen at a time..

Again, I could be wrong, But to me it looks like 2 off-triangles hooked together lol,(keep in mind thats all I can see at once w/o the camera moving, so its higher poly'd than 2 if it IS  a model..) If it isnt a 3d model is there any way we can make it more complex so that it looks much more realistic during movement of the camera?

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: Doeas anyone know the answer?(Battle-Scene Models?)
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-25 21:48:12 »
As you are all aware. I have been messing with the battle-scenes. Since retexturing my first scene, Ive shifted my work into learning exactly how they work and into cataloging the associations for textures with scenes and also converting every texture to psd.

In doing all this research, I cant help but to wonder...Is the 3d hemisphere that the game lays the sky background on a 3d model? It seems it may be so from how it looks when new tex's are applied...
The reason Im wondering is because if we can not create a higher poly'd hemisphere, any texture changes are only going to look so good. I swear that hemisphere looks to have only 2 polys on screen at a time..

Again, I could be wrong, But to me it looks like 2 off-triangles hooked together lol,(keep in mind thats all I can see at once w/o the camera moving, so its higher poly'd than 2 if it IS  a model..) If it isnt a 3d model is there any way we can make it more complex so that it looks much more realistic during movement of the camera?
You may have to inspect the playstation data being sent to the screen. My guess is they are using 2 polygons with gurad shading. I don't recall them having sunsets etc. in the scenes.

Cyb