Author Topic: FF7 Music (outdated)  (Read 296586 times)

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
Re: STICKY: FF7 Music
« Reply #350 on: 2009-12-15 15:34:04 »
Thanks, I'll give that a try, might be Cool Edit saving thigns in a format I'm unfamiliar with.

Soul

• "I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2009-12-20 05:44:17 »
can someone help me with this?

why am i always having this error when i start ff7?

Kaiser Ryu

« Reply #352 on: 2009-12-24 04:29:59 »
can someone help me with this?

why am i always having this error when i start ff7?

You applied the cetra patcher on top of aali's mod, which is unnecessary. You're going to want to revert to a backup before cetra was applied, and just go ahead and only apply aali's mod. Then my guess would be you want to open aali's cfg. and delete the # in front of the FF7music addon line.

As for my problem... I'm just running aali's graphic mod and FF7music, everything runs perfectly save for the fanfare, which occasionally takes 2-3 seconds to start playing. I've gone in and out and back and forth with various settings, I even followed through with the advice given to the last person to have a similar issue. I'm not using MP3s, just the PSFs. I've lowered the buffer to no avail, tried different in_X.dlls... nothing seems to work.

I'm on XP sp3.

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2009-12-24 04:47:58 »
when i tried doing that, it just mutes everything..
i cant hear any sound at all.. why is that?  :?

Kaiser Ryu

« Reply #354 on: 2009-12-24 05:17:16 »
If all sound is off, that's out of my breadth and ken... aside from the obvious "check your volume settings EVERYWHERE." advice for starters...

EDIT: I was wrong about fixing it... just turns out it's very random and I had a string of "good" luck after I made that change... back to square 1.

All music plays perfectly (as far as I've seen) whether I'm running the PSFs or those really nice MP3s... except for the fanfare, it can be instant sometimes, but more often than not waits anywhere from 2 to 4 seconds to run... leaving me with an awkward silence eating away at my OCD. I have a modded FF7 running nearly flawlessly and about all I have done is made sure the problem lies somewhere between FF7music and my PC, not in any other mod interaction. With nothing installed, just the base horrid midis running, fanfare is always on cue, with FF7music (current) running, there's a delay. I'm at my wit's end.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-25 03:07:32 by Kaiser Ryu »

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2009-12-26 05:47:02 »
is that so.. well i tried what you said, and mine's already working perfectly..
except for some music that seem to not play.. for example,
im running outside the field, then i encountered an enemy. my custom music plays.
after i defeated the enemy, there goes the win music. after that, it will not stop until im returned to the field.
im running and that music still plays. then i encountered my second enemy, there will be no more music played.

why is that?  :?

Misanthroat

« Reply #356 on: 2010-01-08 18:09:28 »
Hey guys,
Not sure if I should tack this on here or create a new topic.

Really liking this forum as it has helped me to replay my copy of FF7 PC.

I have a question that seems to be a known issue but no real solution... at least a real solution for me.

I have managed to install my copy of FF7 on my living room PC that is running Vista and it has been running great (only needed the 1.02 and Chocobo patches) except for the sound issue.

I am have the same Vista Midi/FMV issue where the music cuts out once the Reactor FMV starts and then the music comes back later (The Vista Volume issue) then randomly cuts out when an FMV starts.

It seems that the workaround is to install FF7Music and run the PSX sound files... well I think I am in the minority in that I want to play the game with the Midi songs and don't want to have to install a mod to get it working.

I did try using Virtual PC with Win98 but it does not support more than 2 to 4 buttons on the gamepad as it wouldn't detect the USB gamepad as USB, only Gameport.

The closest I got to a pseudo fix is installing Aali's custom driver and enableing the Midi option in the config file but it just keeps the music from playing but keeps the FMV volume consitant (yes I know that it is used to mute the midi for FF7Music).

Do you guys know if anyone is looking into this issue for a a fix? or are we all destined to use the FF7Music mod from here on out?

Is there a program I can install that will "Fake" the midi into allowing it's own volume control in vista?

Thanks for any info,
-Misanthroat

:mrgreen:

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2010-01-08 19:53:09 »
FF7Music is capable of playing MIDI files as far as I know.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2010-01-08 23:29:34 »
FF7Music will play any format you wish as long as you can find a winamp plugin that it supports. I have had 5.1 DTS Audio files playing in FF7 before.So look around for a winamp midi player. Should work fine.

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2010-01-09 08:54:10 »
what is the music when your sleeping in ff7?? coz mines not playing when i rest in the game..

Misanthroat

« Reply #360 on: 2010-01-10 00:09:52 »
Thanks for the help on this..

OK so I got FF7Music all setup with a Midi input plugin but, how do I route the ingame Midi music through FF7Music?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2010-01-10 00:45:46 »
If you want the music that comes with the game running in FF7Music, you'll need to extract it from the datafile that it's in (midi.lgp?)

kotor89

« Reply #362 on: 2010-02-17 18:11:27 »
Hello everyone!
I'm falling into a deep depression, because my FF7music program can't handle to select .mp3 soundfiles. :cry:
To be more specific, after I go to files section and choose a song to be changed (e.g aseri), a window appears to let me browse trough my folders. Right after I click on my mp3 folder and open it, the program used to:
a. crash and shut down by giving me the message "FF7music.exe doesn't work anymore."
b. crash and dissapear after 1 sec, without being in the taskbar anymore (so i need to restart FF7music.exe).
And it is always happening again, either it's a or b.

My minipsf files are working though. I can select and play with them without any problems.
I've tried to get it working now for 3 days already by looking for related posts, without any success, so i hope you guys can help me.

First of all some regular informations:
-> My OS is a Windows7x64-bit version (using 4 gb DDR2-800mhz/GT8800 GPU/PhenomII 945 4x3ghz) 
-> FF7 installation path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII
    it contains: - ficeconsole.dll ver. 1.5.0.0
                    - ficedula.dll ver. 1.5.0.2
                    - in_mp3.dll ver. 3.0
                    - in_psf.dll ver. 1.0.0.1
                    - out_wave.dll ver. 2.0.2a
                    - out_ds.dll ver. 2.2.10

-> Fecidula path:  E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula
    it contains: - mp3 and psf folders
                    - ff7music.exe ver. 1.5.1.1
                    - FF7MUSIC.ini
                    - ff7music.log
                    - plugin.ini

Image link: http://img709.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mainx.png
==============================================================================
Now to the Setup of ff7music.ini: I deleted all Profiles to ensure that I will start a new try. 

[Nitrane MPEG Decoder]
allow_sctitles=1
http_buffersize=64
hq=9
http_prebuffer=40
http_prebuffer_underrun=80
priority=32
8bit=0
downmix=0
downsample=0
bufall_k=128
Id3FormatString=%1 - %2
extension_list=mp3;mp2;mp1
eq_mode=0
http_save_dir=

[Dsound output driver]
panrev=0
volumeenabled=1
blocklen=16
bufferlen=10

[Setup]
InputPlugin=E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\in_mp3.dll
OutputPlugin=E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\out_wave.dll
Volume=255
Pan=0
Profile=
Paths="E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\mp3"
ProfileList=
Loop=1
Remember=2
ResumeAfter=aseri2,bat,chu,chu2,fan2,
AutoVol=0
ResumeExclusions=aseri2,bat,chu,chu2,crwin,crlost,fanfare,fan2,
CustomFadeIn=0
CustomFadeOut=0
MidiFadeIn=0
MidiFadeOut=0
ObeyStop=1
LoopFudge=2000
PassThru=1
MidiDevice=0
MuteMidi=1
MaxMidi=0
EmulateRamp=1
StopDelay=0

...followed by the general midi id's, cdtitles and filenamesonly.
last lines are:
[out_ds]
cfg_hw_mix=1
======================================================================
Ok lets give it another try to work (I'm pissed of allready :|)!
Double-click on the ff7music.exe and the Text shows:

DataPath is E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently E:\Program
Files
(x86)\Square
Soft,
Inc\Final
Fantasy
VII\ficedula\mp3
E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   E:\Program\
   Files\
   (x86)\Square\
   Soft,\
   Inc\Final\
   Fantasy\
   VII\ficedula\mp3\
   E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 0
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------

Hmm looks like there are alot of spaces between the lines...oh well.

Now I hit "configure" 

Setup shows:
=====================================================
Input Plugin (Winamp compatible)

E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\in_mp3.dll

Nullsoft MPEG AUDIO Decoder 3.0

Output Plugin (Winamp compatible)

E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\out_wave.dll

waveOut output v.2.0.2a

=====================================================
I change to Playback Options:
Loop is Active
Resuming = Selective
Midi device = Microsoft GS Wavetable
Mute midi = on
Emulate ramps=on
======================================================
and now my favorite part: FILES

No profile exists, so I push "add" and call it "mp3r".

Thats the part I like most: I draw my courser to "aseri" in the Song list and double-click.
A window shows up to let me choose a folder, so I browse from FF7 main directory to the ficedula and finally point my courser @ the mp3 folder.
I just double-click the mp3 folder and guess what happens?
FF7music.exe vanished. :o :o :o :o :o :o
Gone! It just shut down with no sign of life left in the taskbar or the Task-Manager, not even leaving a crash report or something.
All I can do now is restart the ff7music.exe and retry.
Same old thing.
I can enter the psf folder without any problem, add the file, save and leave. But it wont let me go into the mp3 folder.
Now I try to delet all mp3 files, leaving only aseri2 left (by the way, the files are from the Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2.4 patch).
Nothing changes!
Now before I select the mp3 folder again i past in the path below:
E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\mp3\
Nothing changed! Still shuts down.

Here I stand in dispair without any hope left for me to hear those great remastered songs Ingame.
What should I do? ???

Thank you for reading this post although it became a bit long!  :cry:
« Last Edit: 2010-02-17 18:18:15 by kotor89 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2010-02-20 15:24:36 »
FF7Music throws a tantrum if the music directory has spaces in it. The program itself can have them, but your MP3s need to be in a directory without.

I advise reading this tutorial I wrote up a while back, it addresses this problem, as well as others that people running newer versions or 64-bit versions of Windows frequently encounter.

kotor89

« Reply #364 on: 2010-02-21 11:26:45 »
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!! :D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #365 on: 2010-03-03 06:20:35 »
I have a problem that's been bugging me for days now. After using the dolphin in Junon to get to the upper level, the Highwind FMV plays but then half way through the music suddenly stops. I have found that turning off "Obey stops" fixes the issue but of course I want to leave that on! I So far up to the end of the first disk that is the only part where the problem occurs... Any ideas?

Windows 7 64bit
Aali's Driver (newest)
FF7music (1.5)
All of team Avalanches patches
Phoenix Rejuvenation
APZ Cloud
Timu Sumisu's Barret
Millenia's custom swords

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2010-03-03 15:40:16 »
Unfortunately, this is a problem with FF7Music. Unless Ficedula decides to come out of hiding and release a new version, or somebody makes a new program to replace it, there's nothing that can be done about it.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #367 on: 2010-03-03 19:16:59 »
I remember in the psx version the music becomes faint at that point... So my thinking is that FF7music is misinterpreting the command to do so as stop. Can any of the editors modify things such as stops and ramps, etc.?

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2010-03-10 02:42:57 »
Thanks for the help on this..

OK so I got FF7Music all setup with a Midi input plugin but, how do I route the ingame Midi music through FF7Music?

You should be able to find them all online then it's a matter of getting all of them named properly and put into the right directory.
They question I have is WHY you'd ever want to do something like that.  If you want to use the midis at least use the games midis that way they'll play stably and come in when they're supposed to and stop when they're supposed to and never crash or create errors or headaches.

Say didn't someone say a while ago people were working on redoing ff7music?  No small venture, is that dead now?

Rider of Pyrn

Re: FF7 Music (outdated)
« Reply #369 on: 2010-06-27 17:01:35 »
Just wanted to thank you all for this very cool program.Ficedula TwilightFantasy Covarr and FinalfanTim among others .. this has reawakened an old favorite. THANLS A MILLION I LOVE IT!!

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Music (outdated)
« Reply #370 on: 2010-06-27 17:15:18 »
Oh, awesome!  Maybe you didn't notice the (OUTDATED) moniker.   Well... this is outdated... and ... wait for it...

KAZAM!